Cantaloupe & Cream

Cream, Grass, Melon, Brown Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

The sweet cream notes of our Organic Bai Mu Dan compliment the cantaloupe and cream notes. This tea starts with vegetal and floral notes that quickly develop into mouth watering cantaloupe and cream notes. Try with our Brown Crystal Sugar for a sweet dessert treat.

Ingredients: Organic Bai Mu Dan, Organic Helichrysum Flowers, Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more information, please visit: http://www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

I adore the honeydew melon Melona, a kind of Korean ice cream bar, and this amazing tea tastes near identical to it, except I may like this more. Even though I was drinking this straight I felt guilty about it- I kept thinking to myself “haven’t I had enough cups of ice cream already today?” I couldn’t, and still can’t, believe that this delicious tea isn’t loaded with creamy calories. Its milky richness and green fruitiness is a real treat.

While I don’t mind the addition of soy or dairy milk, The teas I most value are the ones where don’t have to add a thing. This is one of those sought after cups that wants for nothing. It’s mind blowing how leaves, hot water, and some flavours (all vegan in this case) can create an ‘image’ as luxurious and sensational as cream. Never fails to impress me.

I won’t ramble on because I’m a clumsy writer and others have described this tea in greater loving detail. However, if you like fruity ice cream and haven’t picked some of this up already then I can’t give a stronger recommendation.

I received enough of Cantaloupe & Cream tea to get one big mug.I need to warmly thanks the generous Azzrian who sent me all the rest of her bag.
I was drinking my tea as if it was a liquid treasure …I think it is, really.
As far as I think about Cantaloupe I’ve always liked it …wherever it was from…Cavaillon or from Charentes…The aroma is so wonderful, so perfectly delicate.
This is exactly what I got in my mug : a wonderful melon taste as I got a perfect melon scent while infusing.
Regarding the cream…I am not sure I got it but this is a mellow tea, very smooth.
The dry leaves were so beautiful it was exactly as having a little garden in my infuser.
This one is in my shopping list now.

There is something I noticed with Butiki teas : for some reasons I prefer their teas warm and not hot…I am definitively not like Tony Curtis & Jack Lemmon !

Azzrian thanks so much again for permitting me to taste this fantastic tea – hope to see you soon back on Steepster- I miss your notes :)

Azzrian

Thank you !!! I am alive – not well but alive lol. Starting to clear up some but if I was able to rest more I would be better faster. With end of month I MUST be up working therefore the healing is taking longer. I will be back soon – thank you so much and I am glad you liked this tea. xox

Ysaurella

try to rest as much as possible :)

Here’s another backlog while we’re at it.

This one came from Hesper June and is another one of these hugely popular Butiki blends.

Personally I have to say I was a little doubtful as I’m not very fond of white tea these days, and especially not Bai Mu Dan which for me often tastes strongly of courgettes. I like courgettes, but I don’t like my tea to taste like them. It seems like BMD is the standard white tea to flavour, so I’m crossing my fingers and hoping for the best here.

The leaf smelled faintly of chamomille and vaguely of cantaloupe, and after steeping it was primarily a cantaloupe aroma. There was also a sort of thick, viscous smell to it, which I think must be the cream element. Underneath it all there were notes of something kind of spicy which I could only imagine must be the base. Strongly suspect BMD at this point.

First sip only strengthened this supicion. Why hello there mr Courgette! Fancy meeting you here. I thought the base was coming through quite strongly in this one. There were cantaloupe flavour as well, yes, but that was mostly in the aftertaste. I couldn’t seem to locate any cream anywhere.

I was a little disappointed by this one, but I think it’s because I didn’t care for the base tea and it was coming through a little too strongly for me.

This is a very pretty tea! I got some of this from Azzrian. Thanks so much! I think I got some for Kittenna as well, but this particular cup was brewed from Azzrian’s sample. :) I cold brewed this for about 4 hours. The flavor is light and fresh. The cantaloupe more like a cross between cucumber and cantaloupe, which is fine. I think cucumber and cantaloupe would make an awesome smoothie. There’s also this rich creamy flavor. Like some sort of dessert-y vanilla cream sauce. It’s wonderful with the fresh cantaloupe flavor! Very tasty tea. I can see why the folks here on Steepster are so in love with this. :)

Also, I can’t help but mentally compare this with 52teas’ Cantaloupe Bai Mu Dan. I think Frank’s version lacks that creamy element and his melon is more robustly flavored. His white base is also a bit chocolatey, which I think is heavenly, since chocolate and fruit are a match made in heaven.

I think I might just like 52teas’ version a little bit more. This version, however, is much more available so I guess they are both evenly awesome in the end. :)

Azzrian

You are very welcome! :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH BONNIE FOR THIS SAMPLE!

I am returning to Steepster today with the promise of a restful warm and sunny day… I’m writing this review in my backyard and the only sounds surrounding me are those of the frogs in the pond, the birds and the wind…nearly p-e-r-f-e-c-t-i-o-n on earth, exactly what I need!

This day off is well overdue… I’ve been taking care of lots of people but myself lately… Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining, a time will come when I’ll be the one needing the care… But it does feel good to rest a little. My dad came out of the hospital after 5 weeks, and things are finally looking better for him :)

I’ve received many samples from Bonnie over a week ago and not trying them to this day was a torture! Out of respect, I wanted to keep them for a relaxed day like today to really appreciate them :)

I knew I would love this one… The dry tea looks like a VAN GOGH bouquet, so pretty and yellow! And the aroma is to die for, sweet and intoxicating!

The flavored teas I enjoy the most are of this type, very natural feel in the flavoring. The melon taste is clean and subtle, but it’s really there. I also appreciate the fact that the Bai Mu Dan is not overshadowed by the other flavors, I can still identify it and it makes this blend very delicate.

I can only imagine what this would taste like iced!

I’ve been kind of depressed lately, so I’ve kept to myself not wanting to be a burden to anybody ( there are much bigger problems surrounding me at the moment )

But today is a happy day and this tea really made my morning bright and sunny, I am glad I can share this with the Steepster community :)

I can feel the firecracker in me coming back to life!

This afternoon is dedicated to all the reviews I’ve missed, so lots of reading in perspective!

Bonnie

Glad this is a beautiful day for you. You deserve good times. Tea reminds us to be in the moment and enjoy beauty in a cup, then we can look up and see beauty in other places…even in ourselves.

TheTeaFairy

Thank you Bonnie for your kind words…

MegWesley

Yay for happy tea days. I have a friend who deals with being depressed so when anyone comes out of that feeling (no matter how severe) I feel so happy that they feel good again.

Cheryl

Glad today was a great day for you. Hang in there (ur worth it).

TheTeaFairy

Thank you girls for your words of encouragement, they really help!

Amariel

Wow! Looks like a wonderful tea! Love getting samples in the mail. :)

Bonnie

Besides samples from steepsterites (nice word) Butiki lets you pick your own samples from any of their tea’s which I really like! Usually I can pick 2 or 3.

My only other experience with a melon tea (by a different company) reminded me of cheap homemade wine made of melons (ew, can you imagine that?) so I was a little intimidated about trying the cantaloupe and cream.

This was a definite pleasant surprise. The cantaloupe is light, refreshing and tastes very natural. The “cream” element just reminds me of a light and freshly baked pastry. The white tea is in the background providing just a touch of sweetness. I didn’t find it necessary to add any sugar to this, felt like it was perfect just as it was. A great afternoon or evening blend. I can’t help but wonder what this would be like iced because it just screams “summer!” to me.

Thanks again for the sample!

Thank you Kittenna for this lovely sample!
I’ve been waiting for a perfect time to snuggle into this tea and I’ve (obviously) found it!
1.5 tsp, 180F, 3 minutes…Delicious creamy cantaloupe. That is exactly what this tea tastes like. I bet this would be super amazing iced too. I’m so happy I got to try this tea!
In all honesty, it’s an amazing tea, though I’m not sure warm cantaloupe is my cuppa. I am thoroughly impressed with the flavours of this tea that’s for sure.

Amariel

This sounds great! What’s the base?

Lynne-tea

Organic Bai Mu Dan! =) It’s really impressive!

Amariel

Nice. I should check out this place…only I don’t have a credit card, so…maybe I shouldn’t.

Amariel

BTW, where on the island are you?

Lynne-tea

You should! This was my first encounter with this company and I’m very impressed. I am in Nanaimo, my mom lives in Victoria though =) Happy to see a fellow islander here!

Butiki Teas

Heather-We also accept PayPal, checks or MOs.
Lynne-tea-Have you tried this one iced? Yums!

Lynne-tea

I havent! I only had enough of a sample to do one round… I think this one would be absolutely amazing iced though! I kind of wish I had tried it that way instead of trying it hot…(not that hot is bad! It’s just not flavours I generally associate with being hot)

Amariel

I don’t have my own paypal yet. We have a joint account and the mister has all the info, and he already thinks I have too much tea, so he won’t order any more for me, but I am looking at setting up a separate savings fun money account with a different credit union (so I don’t mix them up) that I can either link to paypal or get a reload able visa for. So maybe I can do it then, but right now my big expenses are orthotics and new glasses…because they factory made me wrong. :p

Amariel

Do you get down here regularly or on occasion? Maybe we can plan a meet up some time.

Lynne-tea

Awww haha no one is made wrong! I can relate though.. I’m useless without my glasses (go to clearly contacts!! they’re cheap and SO AWESOME!) and far too many hip/leg problems due to my inhuman ability to gain muscle on my legs =\ Ah well, everyone has their health problems and I’m just thankful they aren’t too unmanageable haha =) I do go to visit my mom on occasion. I know another Steepster member who lives in Victoria too! We could have a lovely tea session the next time I go down there =)
School is in session right now so it may not be for a little while (month?) but I’m definitely into meeting up for tea time!

Butiki Teas

Lynne-tea-If ya ever get another chance, its really lovely iced.
Heather-Hahaha, I know how you feel, the factory made me wrong too. I have arthritis in pretty much every joint.

Amariel

Lynne, my current glasses are Clearly Contacts, but I have a hard to fit face, so my options are limited in what will fit me well and look good…but I have noticed they are getting increasingly more expensive. What other member do you know here?

As it steeps it smells kind of sensual and sexy! I want this in a perfume or candle or something. And the flavor is so juicy! I’ve been thoroughly impressed with both Butiki’s tea bases and flavorings. I’ve been through quite a few bad experiences with artificial melon flavors/scents. This and Republic of Teas Honeydew have been the best melon flavors I’ve encountered.
The cream seems to be more prominent in the scent while steeping, which I really enjoyed. Tea is an experience to me. Inhaling, sipping and the aftertaste. And you can tell Butiki creates their teas for the complete experience. I enjoy this with a pinch of sugar to really bring out that sweet juicy melon flavor.

This has been my favorite Butiki Tea I’ve tried! I must say I’m a HUGE fan of melon! Honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon..mmm! Like my obsession I had with Davids Teas Watermelon tea.. bought pounds and pounds of that stuff a year ago! And if I had the money I’d be doing the same with this tea! But I’ve got a baby on the way :) I’m already 21 weeks along, can’t believe how fast the pregnancy’s going! This Thursday I’ve got the second ultrasound to make sure it really is little Lily! But everything’s been good, she’s really starting to dance around in there! And I’m still craving lots of asian food! Made crab rangoons the other day for the first time and I was surprised how easy they were to make!

Hope everyone’s 2013’s going great. :)

OH I also need to add.. my husband doesn’t really like melon but he loved this tea! Weird, huh.. It’s THAT good. haha.

DaisyChubb

This tea IS super sexy!

Butiki Teas

Good luck with your ultrasound! Wow, that’s a fantastic picture on your blog!

Ashley Bain

Thank you! Everything was perfect and we are indeed having our little Lily. :) I’m so excited!

That’s great news! :)

Jackie T

Congratulations!! So exiting for you!!

Jackie T

I meant to write that on the hot cinnamon spice review haha

This tea was included with a recent order. Recent meaning weeks ago. What can I say white teas make me nervous. We tend to have a love hate relationship. I love them, they hate me. So I put off trying this one until today. I was checking out the top teas on Steepster and saw that this was one of them. Then I recalled I had a sample of it. One thing lead to another and now I’m sitting down to enjoy a cup.

The dry leaf smelled pretty sweet. As the tea steeped the creamy sweet smell started coming out of my cup. Even my husband Mr. Tea Is Flavored Water came over to take a sniff! The taste is very light, almost a buttery cream flavor. There is a slight sweet taste of cantaloupe too! I love that when one of Butiki Teas promises a flavor they deliver every time! I may have to order some of this in the future!!

The Purrfect Cup

UPDATE OMG this just gets better as it cools off!!! Wow! The cantaloupe REALLY pops when its cold. I’m in love.

Helena

it really is awesome!

Mm this is quickly becoming a favourite. So smooth and refreshing yet creamy too. I had a cup of this earlier this afternoon, and really enjoyed the first steep. Lots of juicy melon flavour that really highlights and compliments the white tea. Lovely clean finish.

I left the leaves in my infuser and a little after midnight I was feeling a bit tipsy and plenty sleepy, so I brewed up a second steep. I was surprised how much flavour is retained in the resteep – I haven’t had much luck resteeping flavoured teas in the past. Anyway I’m not sure if it was the hydration or the caffeine but my cup of tea did wonders in waking/sobering me up :D

This will definitely be a reorder for me, I’ve never had anything quite like it.

Kittenna

I’ve gotten 5 tasty infusions out of this one before! The creaminess just lasts and lasts…

Sooooo good….

softrevolution

Good to know! Never throwing the leaves out after one steep from now on. Too good to waste!

TheTeaFairy

I so agree, this tea is heaven in a cup!