Cantaloupe & Cream

Cantaloupe, Cream, Green, Vegetal, Brown Sugar, Honeydew, Melon, Hay, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

The sweet cream notes of our Organic Bai Mu Dan compliment the cantaloupe and cream notes. This tea starts with vegetal and floral notes that quickly develop into mouth watering cantaloupe and cream notes. Try with our Brown Crystal Sugar for a sweet dessert treat.

Ingredients: Organic Bai Mu Dan, Organic Helichrysum Flowers, Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more information, please visit: http://www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

My second Butiki tea super old sample sipdown from this afternoon.

Color me impressed.

I don’t know why I waited so long to drink this, because I enjoy many Butiki teas. I think it’s because I’m not big on cantaloupe. Or melons, really. Except watermelon. And I still haven’t tried Watermelon Xylophone but that’s happening tomorrow. Anyway…. I’ve had this sample forever so I thought I may as well give it a try.

And, wow. It’s so good. For a non cantaloupe fan I was loving this, I even resteeped it. It was creamy and natural tasting and just amazing.

I HAVE to try a fresh batch so this is going on my list for my next Butiki order.

Obviously if anyone can make a cantaloupe tea for me to enjoy, I guess it has to be Butiki.

I should stop being surprised!

Wait…… It looks like I’ve reviewed/rated this one before. I don’t remember that. I’m sure I was equally impressed then.

I rated it as 85 and I totally still stand by that.

Courtney

This one is a great choice for an order.

TheTeaFairy

I so love this one, can’t wait to find out what you think of watermelon Xylophone, also one of my favourite Butiki tea…but then again, almost all Butiki’s are favourites, lol.

whatshesaid

Yes I’m looking forward to tomorrow!

Memily

I’m so glad to finally have a Butiki order in. Steepster has ruined me. All Day I Dream About Butiki.

memily..you won’t be disappointed. some good stuff from stacy :)

whatshesaid

Have you received it yet or still waiting?

TheTeaFairy

Ahhh, memily, I envy you. Wish I was still a butiki virgin, I remember the rush of getting that first order, passionately holding the box and smelling it…ok, this sounds creepy. But the good thing is it doesn’t get old, I still get that same excitement a few years later :-)

whatshesaid

And as long as Stacy keeps coming up with new tea blends there will always be the excitement of getting that new order in :)

And ones like this, which was like new to me because I didn’t even remember trying it! When your memory is like mine, everything old is new again!

Courtney

Agreed! I just got a box with only Three Friends and samples, and the scent was exciting haha. Butiki is amazing.

Memily

I’m still waiting to receive it! Only confirmed final details a couple of days ago, and it’s gotta get to me down the bottom of the world here too.

I think I have literally more than a dozen different blends coming… restraint isn’t a strong skill of mine.

Courtney

That is so exciting Memily! What all did you order?

One of everything.

Hahaha not really but it feels like it. All the Butikis in my wishlist, the autumn sampler, a guayusa 5-sampler adventure, and a few others here and there… :|

whatshesaid

That’s so awesome! I can’t wait to read your reviews!
I’d order one of everything too if I lived at the bottom of the world….make it worthwhile and all ;)

Memily

That’s exactly it! I probably won’t be able to afford another order for a while now… plus I don’t wanna get Customs too suspicious of me, they might start taking my parcels off me :(

It’s not my very favorite from Butiki, but it is certainly delish.

I have a hard time believing it’s tea that I am drinking, it tastes so much like a cantaloupe cream flavored candy or something.
I have been drinking pretty much solid black teas all week.
Its been one of those kinda weeks…but I had some time this afternoon and wanted something fun and delightful and light…and this tea fit the bill perfectly!

The dry leaves of this smell just like cantaloupe. And these leaves are so cool — the long needle-like shapes unfurl into these beautiful big, full leaves. The brew smells delicately but distinctly like cantaloupe. How does this taste JUST LIKE a nice juicy cantaloupe? Oh wow. The cantaloupe hits you right up front. And all the way through. The creaminess really comes out towards the end of the sip and in the aftertaste. I think this is the same cream flavoring that Stacy uses in the Pistachio Ice Cream, but this tea doesn’t have the same ice cream-y quality. Maybe the nuttiness of that tea versus the sweetness of this one makes the difference?

This resteeps beautifully. The cantaloupe flavor is still just right. The creaminess is mostly gone, but that’s fine. The base tea really comes out instead. It’s grassy and dry, complementing the sweetness of the cantaloupe.

Heck, this even holds up to a third steep. As you might expect, the cantaloupe flavor is diminished further, though it’s definitely there and somehow still juicy. The base tea is really lovely here – vegetal and lush. I suspect this might hold up for a fourth steep, but I have other teas to get to so it’s time to move on. Again, though, I ask in wonder, how does this taste so perfectly like cantaloupe? I’m SO glad that I bought this one!

The weather is finally starting to warm up a little around here, so I’ve been experimenting more with iced teas. Last night I combined the first two steeps (3:30 at 180F) in a stainless steel water bottle, let it cool down for about an hour, and then popped it into the fridge overnight.

I enjoyed this iced quite a bit, very smooth and refreshing. The juicy cantaloupe flavor I love so much in the hot version was a bit muted. Next time I will add a squeeze of honey before cooling it down. I think some sweetness will coax the cantaloupe flavor out from hiding.

Iced
Chelle

I enjoy this one much more hot as well. Cold for me the cantaloupe disappears and I get more cucumber.

1994 tasting notes

Sipdown, 193. Thanks to Stephanie for this sample!

The first whiff of this brewing is intensely cantaloupe-y. Super ripe, super delicious cantaloupe. While traveling I had a fruit cup that had horrible, underripe cantaloupe in it, and this just reminds me of how delicious a very ripe melon can be. I definitely also smell the creaminess of it.

This is quite a delicious tea. The cantaloupe flavor is amazing, and the creamy texture is great. It’s simply a great tea that delivers exactly what it promises: cantaloupe and cream. While I do like a good cantaloupe, I’m don’t love it enough to need a stock of this tea in my cupboard, but I do have to give props for a very well done blend.

Fjellrev

I agree, it’s incredibly tasty and very well-done but not sure if I’d get more. She makes so many other amazing ones anyway.

Stephanie

This one is wonderful but the Watermelon Xylophone is my favorite white tea blend of hers :)

Amazing smell in the dry leaves. Just gorgeous looking as well.

Very fresh, not too sweet taste of cantaloupe with a smooth feel of cream more than the taste of it. I am pleasantly surprised. I had not expected to like this one so much. I think it probably calls for more than just a sample on the next order!

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about this particular tea as most melon flavoured drink tend to taste very synthetic to me. But this blend managed to exceed all my expectations by tasting very much like real, no-shit cantaloupe melon. The white tea base carries the flavour well and adds to the tea’s light, refreshing notes. I didn’t taste the cream at first but it became very noticable as the tea cooled off and made the blend seem very decadent.

I love this tea; I only got a one-cup sample with my Butiki order, but I’ll totally be buying a full bag of it the next time around.

It’s a white tea kind of tea! Oh and thank you, Stacy for the sample of this and White Whisper with my last order. I forgot in my white whisper note!

This does taste exactly like cantaloupe. I don’t really know what else to say! It’s quite yummy, but not something I would drink all the time.

And am I the only one who thinks actual canteloupe tastes a little like maple? It’s kind of woody and sweet at the same time. I’ve always thought that and this tea tastes just like that.

On the 8th Day of Steepster’s Christmas Swap Purrfect Cup sent to me, Butiki Tea’s Cantaloupe & Cream! When I opened the package and read her note I got so excited when I saw that she had consulted Stacy at Butiki, they have been on my list of tea companies to order from. I got even more excited when I read that she had recommended Cantaloupe & Cream, then my heart sank when I read that she was unsure and I was considering Raspberry Truffle, sure I love raspberry teas and truffles but I wanted to try the creamy cantaloupe confection! I sighed in relief when I read that she came to her senses (I’m teasing Purrfect Cup).

Gorgeous, delicious, cantaloupe and creaminess in a cup! I’m sure many if not most of you reading this have already tried this tea, if not you really must get you’re hands on some. I drink far more straight teas than flavored, but this is so natural and pure tasting. It’s not sugary or full of other non-related fruit flavors (you know how most fruit blends also contain apple, peach, pineapple, no matter what main fruit their trying to imitate.

This is spot on cantaloupe, as if Jelly Belly had made it, minus the tooth ache and over sweetness and unnaturalness of it all. Okay bad analogy, I only made it because the husband received a box of Jelly Belly’s on his mail route and I was impressed with how very pear the pear was but yes my teeth are still aching from he candy. This is much better!

So thank you to Purrfect Cup for following Stacy’s advice and sending us this gem of a blend. I love the tiny tin and am grateful there is a enough for a few servings so I can impress friends with this!

And a very merry Winter Solstice to all! We have snow here, yay!

The Purrfect Cup

Glad you liked it. I wanted to “think outside the box” with 8 maids a milking… :)

Yay!!! My (very large) Butiki order arrived today!!! Thank you so much to Stacy for providing that awesome Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal that made me pull the trigger on this long awaited purchase. Luckily, I got home before the fiancé. So there was time to hide the new arrivals among my stash. Hehehe.

I really do have too much tea. There’s no room for this giant box!! What to do??! I ended up having to get out the step ladder to reach the highest cupboard in the kitchen. LOL! Well, there’s virtually no chance he’ll find it now. I’m going to dispose of the invoice though, just in case he goes snooping. ;) I’m so bad, but I can’t help myself! It’s tea time! EEEEEEEEEHHH!!!!

I don’t know what to start with first! Maple Pecan Oolong, Pumpkin Crème Brulée, Pistachio Ice Cream. Oh MAN!! Well, Cantaloupe and Cream finally won out the honor of first steeped tea, which you’ve obviously already realized since that’s where this review is logged. So much for suspense. :P

I carefully opened the little package and peered in. Y’all weren’t kidding. These leaves are pretty! Giant clusters of yellow Helichrysum blossoms lay amongst huge whole bai mu dan leaves. I kind of felt bad dunking the flowers in the hot water, watching them shrink up. Poor little things. Ooh, I can’t wait to try this tea! The dry leaf is heavily aromatic with cantaloupe. I swear it smells just like cutting into a big juicy melon!

I followed the suggested steeping parameters by Butiki, even though they’re a little longer than I would normally do a first infusion for a white tea. I also didn’t precisely measure the leaf ‘cause I was afraid of crushing it. So, I just eyeballed it. It’s probably a little more than recommended, but I like strong tea. Ooh, I can hear it beeping! That means it’s done steeping, and I finally get to try it!

Wow!!! The aroma coming off this cup is juicy! This is insane, and I haven’t even had a sip yet! OMG! This tastes just as good if not better than it smells! Holy Butiki! No wonder this won an award! My life is forever changed. Super sweet, super mouthwatering, super delicious! Juicy really is the best word to describe this tea. It’s like drinking sweet warm juice dripping from a melon that’s been left out in the sun. Ohhhhh mmmmmyyy gggggoosshhhhh!!!!!!

Cream? Yes, there’s definitely a creamy element to this tea. And as it cools more, the lovely bai mu dan flavor comes out strong, especially in the aftertaste. There is absolutely nothing about this tea I would change, except I’d probably give it first place instead of third in that tea championship. ;)

Second steep for 4 minutes is just as flavorful as the first. Perhaps the bai mu dan comes through a little more. But that’s the only noticeable difference. Sooo yummy!! The third steep was for 5 minutes. The added flavorings were definitely quieter in this infusion, but it was still a delicious cup of tea. Can I drink this forever? ‘Cause I seriously want to.

CHAroma

For whatever reason, I didn’t post this note the day I actually wrote it. So technically this is a backlog. Just wanted to let y’all know since I referenced Cyber Monday, which was quite a while ago. My package actually arrived very quickly. :D