Winter Fire

Guayusa Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Butiki Teas

From Butiki Teas

Spice things up with our Winter Fire guayusa. We started out with a generous amount of cinnamon then ground up some whole chilies and added a touch of cayenne to our guayusa base. The result is a cinnamon flavor that packs some heat with a smooth molasses undertone. This tea works well without sugar; however, add a little sugar for a flavor that resembles red hot candy.

Ingredients: Organic Guayusa, Organic Cinnamon Pieces, Organic Chili Pieces, Organic Cayenne Powder, Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 6 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of guayusa for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 195 F

For more information, please visit: http://www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

Just what I needed this morning to wake and warm me up at the same time. :-)

I’m… not sure what to think of this one. I don’t know if it’s the guayusa I don’t like or the peppers. This is the first guayusa tea I’ve ever tried, so I really have no point of reference for this. I get mostly an herbal-y kind of flavor, sort of like mate and rooibos and… rosemary?… all combined together. The peppers have QUITE a kick to them, which I’m also not too fond of (the hubby hypothesized that this might have been caused by an accidental oversteepage, which we were a little guilty of). Sweetening it only compounded this problem. We tried adding a little half and half, and initially it was a better, but it didn’t last long. I think I just don’t like it, to be quite honest. I’ve tried it all the ways I can think of, and I can’t make myself drink an entire cup. Maybe guayusa tea is just not for me… which is why I’m not going to rate this one.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more
CHAroma

Guayusa is a very unique flavor. It’s hard to compare to anything else. If you decide to give guayusa another try, Butiki’s Cider Guayusa is really good and not too guayusa-y.

I got this as a sample from Shelley_Lorraine! Thanks for sharing! I just realized that this will be my first guyusa!

The first few sips bring the word FINAALLYYYYYYYYY to my mind! This is spicey! Like really spicy, not just spicy but really only has a hint of spice to it. This has kick and I like it, but it’s not so intense I can’t drink it. I can pick out some cinnamon and the burn lingers for a minute or so. I’m getting over (I hope) being sick right now and even tho I can’t taste all the flavors, this tea is perfect! I would love to find a chocolate tea with this level of heat!

Sadly tho, I’m learning the hard way that I shouldn’t drink guyusa until I have weaned the baby. The child hasn’t slept all day and won’t go to bed. It’s going to be a long night!

You know, I read the reviews on here and I thought “yum, a spicy tea; I can take it.”

That was wrong. This is incredibly hot, and I’m afraid I can’t finish a glass of it due to the intense burning it induces in the back of my throat. I love guayusa blends and I bet this is delicious, but I just can’t get past the initial pain. Proceed with caution if your spice tolerance is low!

Backlog:

If you’re looking for a tisane that will start a fire inside you and warm you up from the inside out, you need look no further than this blend. Plus, with the guayusa, it will give you the caffeinated boost you need first thing in the morning.

I do like that once my palate gets past the very zesty, peppery heat of this cup, I can enjoy other flavors. There is a pleasing molasses-y note, notes of coffee (without the bitter taste of coffee) and cinnamon.

If you don’t like a super-spicy drink, this is not the tisane for you. But if you’re looking for some spice in your life – give this a try.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/02/02/winter-fire-guayusa-blend-butiki-teas/