Winter Fire

Guayusa Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

Spice things up with our Winter Fire guayusa. We started out with a generous amount of cinnamon then ground up some whole chilies and added a touch of cayenne to our guayusa base. The result is a cinnamon flavor that packs some heat with a smooth molasses undertone. This tea works well without sugar; however, add a little sugar for a flavor that resembles red hot candy.

Ingredients: Organic Guayusa, Organic Cinnamon Pieces, Organic Chili Pieces, Organic Cayenne Powder, Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 6 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of guayusa for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 195 F

For more information, please visit: http://www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

Just what I needed this morning to wake and warm me up at the same time. :-)

I’m… not sure what to think of this one. I don’t know if it’s the guayusa I don’t like or the peppers. This is the first guayusa tea I’ve ever tried, so I really have no point of reference for this. I get mostly an herbal-y kind of flavor, sort of like mate and rooibos and… rosemary?… all combined together. The peppers have QUITE a kick to them, which I’m also not too fond of (the hubby hypothesized that this might have been caused by an accidental oversteepage, which we were a little guilty of). Sweetening it only compounded this problem. We tried adding a little half and half, and initially it was a better, but it didn’t last long. I think I just don’t like it, to be quite honest. I’ve tried it all the ways I can think of, and I can’t make myself drink an entire cup. Maybe guayusa tea is just not for me… which is why I’m not going to rate this one.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more
CHAroma

Guayusa is a very unique flavor. It’s hard to compare to anything else. If you decide to give guayusa another try, Butiki’s Cider Guayusa is really good and not too guayusa-y.

I got this as a sample from Shelley_Lorraine! Thanks for sharing! I just realized that this will be my first guyusa!

The first few sips bring the word FINAALLYYYYYYYYY to my mind! This is spicey! Like really spicy, not just spicy but really only has a hint of spice to it. This has kick and I like it, but it’s not so intense I can’t drink it. I can pick out some cinnamon and the burn lingers for a minute or so. I’m getting over (I hope) being sick right now and even tho I can’t taste all the flavors, this tea is perfect! I would love to find a chocolate tea with this level of heat!

Sadly tho, I’m learning the hard way that I shouldn’t drink guyusa until I have weaned the baby. The child hasn’t slept all day and won’t go to bed. It’s going to be a long night!

You know, I read the reviews on here and I thought “yum, a spicy tea; I can take it.”

That was wrong. This is incredibly hot, and I’m afraid I can’t finish a glass of it due to the intense burning it induces in the back of my throat. I love guayusa blends and I bet this is delicious, but I just can’t get past the initial pain. Proceed with caution if your spice tolerance is low!

Holy crap, that is super duper spicy – I am a fan of spicy food. That said, I am not sure I like my tea QUITE this spicy, although kudos for such a uniquely intense tea being available. I actually think I would be more likely to use this in cooking, to perhaps give some kick to anything that would normally require water. Other than that, I find it too spicy to really taste anything else. I think if it were a hair less spicy, other flavors could come through and I could really appreciate this.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve only tried this iced and I love it. My husband loves it so much more that I think I can get away with “gifting” it for Father’s Day. It is the spiciest tea I’ve ever had and like others have said, tastes like a fireball candy when sweetened just a little. I’ve had a hard time finding a good replacement with iced tea that still has that caffeine kick the iced coffee I used to make. This one and tangerine creamsicle have helped a lot. I plan on making a small order in the next couple days after I receive my winnings from dietbet and try the new blackberry lime. I’m so excited I’ve been thinking about it for weeks.

Cheri

I love the blackberry lime. It’s really good. It does need a touch of sugar, and I do mean just a touch.

NayLynn

Cheri, reading your reviews helped my decision. I can not imagine not liking it. I placed my order late last night and I can’t wait.

Cheri

I really hope you love it. I’ve actually got some cold brewing at home right now. And that was the end of my supply, so it’s on the list to order more.

Yay! I am finally trying this guayusa! It has intrigued me for a long time. I requested it as a sample with my Butiki order a while back and kind of forgot about it. I probably should have chosen a more wintery day before it was in the 80s outside, but oh well.

This is really good! I can actually feel the spicy! It isn’t TOO hot though. It isn’t making my eyes water or anything, heh. The tingle feels good on my allergy inflamed sinuses and throat :)

Tastes nice, too. I am drinking it plain but it would be nice sweetened. I’m going to give the other half of my sample to my husband because he loves spicy stuff! I would consider ordering this in the future, for sure.

Suziqzer

I don’t think I’ve tried a guayusa yet.. this one sounds like fun being so spicy.

Stephanie

It also perks me up like coffee! But no jitters :)

Pun intended ?!?! :)

THIS TEA.
Oh gosh
Thank you NayLynn for the sample but oh dang. I don’t think I’ll go out and purchase this tea though. IT WAS HOT. LIKE CHEWING SPICY MINCED HABANERO WOW.

I do appreciate that this is a great tea, but I wasn’t able to drink it because my taste just can’t handle the spice. LIKE IT’S GOOD. IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO TRY IT, GO FOR IT. But spicy foods and me don’t really mix all that well.
It’s in my timolino so I’ve been trying to drink it throughout the day, but I haven’t been able to get through half the cup. I’ve sure if I have a high tolerance for spicy foods, I would very much enjoy this cup, but oh dang was this spicy!

Butiki Teas

Hahaha. Sorry, not funny I know. This guayusa is what I would consider mild. If you have some left, if you add sugar it will deaden the spiciness and taste like a red hot candy

jump62359

This is mild!? Ahh well, I’m the weakest person ever haha.
Oh another thing I forgot to mention in the tasting note: I like to smell my teas.. a lot. This one I legit inhaled it and could not stop sneezing!
I did enjoy this tea, not gunna lie, but I’ll definitely need to build up some sort of tolerance for spicy foods. I’ve got enough for about 2 more cups so I’ll try it again soon enough!

Suziqzer

Oh.. red hot candy?!?!? Yum! This might have to be on my sample list when I place an order. Milk should also take away some of the heat… although I don’t know if you take milk in your tea jump62359, or if this tea would even work with it.

Butiki Teas

I think I have no reasonable idea of heat level since I enjoy very hot foods. If I’m not sweating, panting, having trouble breathing then it isn’t hot enough. :D

Backlog:

If you’re looking for a tisane that will start a fire inside you and warm you up from the inside out, you need look no further than this blend. Plus, with the guayusa, it will give you the caffeinated boost you need first thing in the morning.

I do like that once my palate gets past the very zesty, peppery heat of this cup, I can enjoy other flavors. There is a pleasing molasses-y note, notes of coffee (without the bitter taste of coffee) and cinnamon.

If you don’t like a super-spicy drink, this is not the tisane for you. But if you’re looking for some spice in your life – give this a try.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/02/02/winter-fire-guayusa-blend-butiki-teas/