Organic Korakundah

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “I love the smell of this one! Steeped it is a very light greenish yellow. It smells very fresh and vegetal - it reminds me of the fruit and veggie farm down the road from me and what the air...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I've had this yesterday and today, and it's really quite lovely. It has a strong vegetative note that is somewhere between "grassy" and "smoked spinach," leaning slightly more toward the grassy...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4322 tasting notes
  • “This tea was bizarrely different to me. I like to try a tea for the first time without looking at other reviews so as to not taint my own psyche. So, when I was finished drinking this one and...” Read full tasting note
    feralanima 174 tasting notes
  • “This is pretty tasty. I barely get spinach or greens at all. It's really sweet and almost has a citrusy note to it, like oranges or tangerines. There's just a little vegetal quality to it. Then...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

This green tea originates from the Korakundah Estate in Nilgiri, India and is grown at an elevation of 8,000 feet. Organic Korakundah is an FOP (Flowery Orange Pekoe) grade. The Korakundah Estate is biodynamic, pesticide free, and socially responsible. This tea is very unique and almost difficult to describe. Notes of bitter greens and baby spinach are present with some smokiness. It is lightly astringent yet somewhat sweet.

Ingredients: Organic Green Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 level teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

About Butiki Teas View company

I love the smell of this one! Steeped it is a very light greenish yellow.
It smells very fresh and vegetal – it reminds me of the fruit and veggie farm down the road from me and what the air around it smells like when I drive past or visit it in the summer. I love having that place near by! We have a lot of “fruit farms” (they sell veggies too but we call them fruit farms) around here but its so cool having one literally blocks down the street.
Anyway this has that fresh air aroma to it with a slightly salty and buttery note.
My first sip is interesting – the cup is still very warm but I get an oceanic flavor – a little fishy but in a good way – I swear this tastes a little like water that crab legs have been steamed in – I know that may sound disgusting to some but in a strange way I love it!
There is also this sweet note coming out that is like candied pears.
Wow – I can’t believe I have never had this before!
A huge thank you to LiberTEAS for sending me a sample of this!
I did not get any astringency in my sip – more of a light twang sensation on the tongue which was nice and a bit salty. A very bright mouthfeel – not broth-y.
There is a buttery note here but it is not strong as in some green teas.
I can kind of get a hint at that smokiness but I honestly would not have picked up on that had I not read about it in the description or LiberTeas review. To me its just this lovely ocean like misty tea. Salty, a little sweet, slightly buttery, lightly vegetal and airy.
FRESH in one word.
I like it.

I’ve had this yesterday and today, and it’s really quite lovely. It has a strong vegetative note that is somewhere between “grassy” and “smoked spinach,” leaning slightly more toward the grassy tones than the vegetable tones. Yes, that’s right, I said smoked spinach, rather than steamed. Now, I don’t think I can recall ever tasting smoked spinach, but, if you can imagine what spinach might taste like if it were smoked rather than steamed, you’d have what I’m tasting here. The smoked notes are not heavy flavors, but, they do add a compelling flavor to the cup.

There is also bitter tone that sort of reminds me of dandelion greens. I like the way the vegetative notes are balanced between the sweet tones and the bitter tones.

A very enjoyable cup, it leaves the palate feeling very clean and refreshed.

This tea was bizarrely different to me. I like to try a tea for the first time without looking at other reviews so as to not taint my own psyche. So, when I was finished drinking this one and then came back to look at how the other reviews were I was quite surprised.

The dry leaf was a light olive green and smelled slightly smokey. The wet leaf smelled like a sheng puerh, of a wet forest with moss and damp earth, The infusion was a nice golden color and smelled earthy to me.

The taste was just as different. The tea was light in general but I got that earthy note, with a hint of floral, some moss, damp earth, forest, wet woods…just so different from what the description says! Now this isn’t to say it was bad, this tea was very pleasant, the only thing that skews the rating on this for me is that there is some astringency at the tail end of the sip…I abhor astringency, I do not have the palate for it what-so-ever! Aside from the astringency this was a very interesting, in a good way, tea.

This is pretty tasty. I barely get spinach or greens at all. It’s really sweet and almost has a citrusy note to it, like oranges or tangerines. There’s just a little vegetal quality to it.

Then again I am pretty sure everything it tasting sweet to me right now but there is absolutely nothing bitter or smoky to me about this.

I only got this as a sample and I am not sure it’s omg must have material but it’s pretty different for a green tea.

Also now for some reason my mouth feels really nice.

As a passionate tea drinker, I’m always looking to expand my horizons. One of my growing interests has been green teas from places other than China and Japan, specifically those from Ceylon and Mainland India. I find them to be more robust and fruitier with a pronounced peach/plum taste. This one from Butiki deserves a wide audience; it’s quite complex and hearty but still fruity and clean. An excellent selection.

This was one of my free Butiki samples from my last order. It was alright, but I didn’t care for the smokiness. I finished my cup but I’d likely pass on a second. I’m not rating this one. It’s a good tea, but not for me.