Organic Spring Twist

Floral, Vegetal, Asparagus, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

Our Organic Spring Twist originates from an all organic estate located in Dexing City which is found in the northeast area of the Jiangxi Province in Southern China. This green tea is processed by withering, firing, rolling and then baking the leaves. Organic Spring Twist is a flavorful and mellow tea that is intoxicatingly sweet with a vegetal aroma. This tea has notes of fresh peas and the juiciness of a summer peach with a full smooth body. Please note that we have a very limited supply of this tea.

Ingredients: Organic Chinese Green Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 2 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 175 F

About Butiki Teas View company

Thank you Stacy for this sample!
I definitely would not have picked this to try myself, but I need to try new things sometimes. For some reason, I just cannot get into straight greens. Which is weird because I love oolongs, even green ones. Anyway….

About this tea! This is a wonderful tea, smooth vegetal green peas with a tiny hint of some fruitiness. Really good green tea!
I am glad I got to try it.

Sipdown #3 of the day.
This is a sample sent to me from Stacy.
I’m not going into a lot of detail, but it has a very clean vegetal flavor to it, & a sweetness as well. It made a very light cup, which I steeped in my test tube steeper.
Thanks Stacy!

Thanks Stephanie for sharing this with me :)

I decided to have this one tonight, along with the Wild Hunagshan Mao Feng, just to compare the only two truly straight greens I’ve tried.

I’m not sure I can truly differentiate the subtle differences between these two teas, but this one seems less creamier, though not in a bad way at all. It’s more vegetal and fresh, but still calming. Overall a good green tea evening!

I made this a while back and forgot to log it, oops. It was an awesome sample Stacy generously packed into my last order (I love samples!).

It was quite tasty both hot and then cold steeped. Very smooth, a little sweet so the green flavor doesn’t become harsh or too grassy, very…clean and bright and spring-y (the name is apt). I really love smooth greens that remind me of being in my grandfather’s vegetable garden eating sweet peas and green beans on bright summer days, and this does. It was really good cold leftover too, refreshing and sweet and silky, a lot like the Laoshan Bilochun Green I love so much.

Stephanie

Yes! I found this similar to the Laoshan green teas I love so much too :)

Finally giving this a go; I’ve had a sample baggy of this for a while now!

My palate is still er ‘green’ when it comes to green teas, but I like that this one doesn’t taste anywhere near as seaweedy as most greens I’ve tried have tasted. It has a juicy sort of taste that brings Summer to mind.

(On that note, why is it still January? D: I want Spring!)

This is a bright and cheery green, definitely reminiscent of spring time. It’s light without being flavorless. This could be a nice addition to my otherwise heavy vegetal broth collection :)

This is a lovely green tea and a pleasure to drink! The taste of fresh sweet peas dominates both the aroma and flavor as you drink the cup. A tea I’ll probably try to keep on hand.

Very buttery tasting (my favorite note in a green tea) and smooth. I would order this again.

With all the holiday tea I have been drinking, it is really nice to drink a cup of something more earthy and natural. I really enjoy this tea, it’s very light, smooth and I can taste the veggie in this. It’s also not a fussy tea to brew which I love!

The other day I was drinking my Elderflower Champagne Oolong from Bluebird Tea Co. which I usually like to steep gong fu. Both of my gaiwans were in storage though, so I drank it western style and sorely missed the gong fu brew. Well, today I couldn’t stop thinking about it, so I went through my garage for almost an hour before I came across them, and I’m going to have a lovely gong fu session with this tea this afternoon.

Since I really just want to immerse myself in the tea and the gongfu process, I’m not going to be timing precisely or testing the temperature of the water. I have only drank this tea once before and am not a huge fan of greens so it’s really more about the experience than the end result today. I’m using 7g of leaf and my larger gaiwan which holds 125ml of water.

The dry leaf has a strong scent, which is promising as I was worried the tea would be losing flavour. It has a grassy, seaweed-like scent with green vegetable, floral and almost buttery notes. I think I can detect a hint of smoke, too.

First steep, ~5 seconds: The vegetal note in the scent is enhanced in the wet leaf, and it definitely comes through in the flavour of the tea, which is mild and has a distinct green bean or pea note, and some very slight buttery and sweet notes. The smokiness comes through very lightly in a roasty kind of way.

Second steep, ~5 seconds: My mam came into the room while I was pouring this, and she said it smelled like broccoli (lol). I don’t disagree! I was surprised by how sweet this steep is! The green veg flavour is present, and enhanced with the sweetness, which is delicious. This is a very buttery steep. There are some light kelp notes this time around and some grassiness. The main note is of fresh peas, and is actually very reminiscent of freshly popped sugar snap peas. This was quite a dry steep.

Third steep, ~7 seconds: Less sweet this time. The scent is still of peas or green beans, but with more of the seaweed note being prominent. This is noticeable at the end of the sip. The flavour is slightly milder and less vegetal. I’m getting more steamed green beans than fresh sugar snap pea. The aftertaste is very buttery and slightly floral, but the dryness of the tea is starting to coat my tongue. This is probably something I have done rather than the tea itself, but I don’t know how to rectify it. There is a slight spiciness to the tea which I was not expecting.

Fourth steep, ~10 seconds: Scent is more seaweed-like, I can detect floral notes and some earthiness which was not present before. The smokiness is slightly present in the scent of the tea itself, which has been absent for the last couple of steeps. The fourth steep tastes more like the first, only milder and with more smoke. The vegetal note is more reminiscent of spinach now, and the sweetness is more present than the third.

Fifth steep, ~15 seconds: The scent is completely different this time! I know the notes all sound the same but something about how prominent they are changes so much about the steep. This steep was far more kelpy and smoky. I expected the flavour to be deeper, like the scent, but it’s actually very sweet and buttery with only a light smokiness. It’s similar to the second steep – it’s almost like the tea is repeating itself. I got a surprise hint of apple at the end of the steep, which I didn’t expect.

Sixth steep, ~20 seconds: The leaf has taken on a distinct hemp scent now, but the tea is much sweeter even than the last steep, and more delicate. There is still a hint of smoke and green veg at the end of the sip. The apple taste is still lingering but not as prominent as the last steep.

Seventh steep, ~35 seconds: The apple is present in the scent of the leaf now, I’m definitely not imagining it! Liquor is sweet and lightly buttery with not much complexity. Slight grassy notes at the end of the sip. I think I will steep this one more time and then give it a rest.

Eighth steep: ~1 minute: I was going to steep for 50 seconds this time but after the lightness of the last cup decided to steep it for longer and make this the final steep. Scent is mainly kelp-like this time. Tea is lightly grassy, lightly vegetal. No notes are particularly pronounced.

It has been so enjoyable to dig out my gaiwan and just spend the afternoon quietly drinking tea with no distractions, really focusing on it. Green tea will never be my favourite, but this session did exactly what I wanted it to and I enjoyed the tea immensely, despite not being too knowledgeable in the area. The tea itself was very lovely, and much better than many greens I have tried in the past. I know that this is partly due to the method of brewing and in general my overall satisfaction with the experience, but it is mainly down to the quality of tea that Butiki sold. The leaf was truly beautiful, and I pulled out several of the whole, long green leaves from the spent leaf just to admire. Even though it wasn’t my favourite tea ever I am feeling ridiculously happy right now. I’m on a tea high.

[Disclaimer: I am not at all well-versed in green teas, and could be talking complete nonsense. My rating probably does this tea a disservice based on my lack of knowledge and general wariness of green teas. I truly did enjoy drinking it, though.]

7 g 4 OZ / 125 ML