Organic Spring Twist

Green Tea
Asparagus, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by Butiki Teas

From Butiki Teas

Our Organic Spring Twist originates from an all organic estate located in Dexing City which is found in the northeast area of the Jiangxi Province in Southern China. This green tea is processed by withering, firing, rolling and then baking the leaves. Organic Spring Twist is a flavorful and mellow tea that is intoxicatingly sweet with a vegetal aroma. This tea has notes of fresh peas and the juiciness of a summer peach with a full smooth body. Please note that we have a very limited supply of this tea.

Ingredients: Organic Chinese Green Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 2 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 6oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 175 F

About Butiki Teas View company

Thank you Stacy for this sample!
I definitely would not have picked this to try myself, but I need to try new things sometimes. For some reason, I just cannot get into straight greens. Which is weird because I love oolongs, even green ones. Anyway….

About this tea! This is a wonderful tea, smooth vegetal green peas with a tiny hint of some fruitiness. Really good green tea!
I am glad I got to try it.

Sipdown #3 of the day.
This is a sample sent to me from Stacy.
I’m not going into a lot of detail, but it has a very clean vegetal flavor to it, & a sweetness as well. It made a very light cup, which I steeped in my test tube steeper.
Thanks Stacy!

Thanks Stephanie for sharing this with me :)

I decided to have this one tonight, along with the Wild Hunagshan Mao Feng, just to compare the only two truly straight greens I’ve tried.

I’m not sure I can truly differentiate the subtle differences between these two teas, but this one seems less creamier, though not in a bad way at all. It’s more vegetal and fresh, but still calming. Overall a good green tea evening!

I made this a while back and forgot to log it, oops. It was an awesome sample Stacy generously packed into my last order (I love samples!).

It was quite tasty both hot and then cold steeped. Very smooth, a little sweet so the green flavor doesn’t become harsh or too grassy, very…clean and bright and spring-y (the name is apt). I really love smooth greens that remind me of being in my grandfather’s vegetable garden eating sweet peas and green beans on bright summer days, and this does. It was really good cold leftover too, refreshing and sweet and silky, a lot like the Laoshan Bilochun Green I love so much.

Stephanie

Yes! I found this similar to the Laoshan green teas I love so much too :)

Finally giving this a go; I’ve had a sample baggy of this for a while now!

My palate is still er ‘green’ when it comes to green teas, but I like that this one doesn’t taste anywhere near as seaweedy as most greens I’ve tried have tasted. It has a juicy sort of taste that brings Summer to mind.

(On that note, why is it still January? D: I want Spring!)

This is a bright and cheery green, definitely reminiscent of spring time. It’s light without being flavorless. This could be a nice addition to my otherwise heavy vegetal broth collection :)

This is a lovely green tea and a pleasure to drink! The taste of fresh sweet peas dominates both the aroma and flavor as you drink the cup. A tea I’ll probably try to keep on hand.

Very buttery tasting (my favorite note in a green tea) and smooth. I would order this again.

With all the holiday tea I have been drinking, it is really nice to drink a cup of something more earthy and natural. I really enjoy this tea, it’s very light, smooth and I can taste the veggie in this. It’s also not a fussy tea to brew which I love!

Anyone who follows me know that green teas aren’t really my favorite. I also adore swaps and getting teas that are outside my comfort zone from the generosity of other.
This one came from "TheTeaFairy* . I love all the cute things she writes on the packages – this one she wrote: “not too vegetal, never know you might like it”. Ok – I’ve been surprised before.

And I’m surprised again. This is probably one of the best green teas I’ve tried. It’s not too floral, it’s not too grassy, it’s not too vegetal – it’s just nice and light, not bitter. Fun little green tea. Green teas will never be my favorite, but I could drink a cup of this on occasion. Thanks TheTeaFairy

TheTeaFairy

OMG, really??? So happy, yay!! I love it with food, a nice palate cleanser.

Dexter3657

Interesting that you say that you love it with food. I drink green tea at Chinese restaurants – they put a pot on the table and I drink it. At home, not so much. Maybe I just need to remember to pull in out with Asian style foods. I was drinking it with the curry tonight – could that be it? Interesting comment, will take that into consideration, thank you for pointing it out. :))

TheTeaFairy

I drink most of my green teas with food, especially Sencha and Dragonwell, my two favourite types. It just pairs well I guess, you,d be surprised, you might even like the more vegetal ones that way.

Dexter3657

LOL now the hard part is going to be finding straight green in my house. I do have a tin of cheap Chinese market green that I like cold steeped with fruit tisane. Might need to find another sample or two to experiment with. LOL No you don’t need to send me any ;)) – I have a sample coming in my subscription box….

TheTeaFairy

Lol, too late, you know I will…

Dexter3657

I know but it was worth a try. :))

Stephanie