Flowery Pineapple Oolong

Oolong Tea
Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Butiki Teas

From Butiki Teas

This light delicate tea pairs our premium Wen Shan Bao Zhong with a light pineapple flavor. The buttery and orchid notes of the oolong as well as its light body marry well with the pineapple flavor for a well-balanced soft tea. Without sugar this oolong has a wonderful light natural flavor but add a little brown crystal sugar for a stronger yet still natural pineapple flavor.

Ingredients: Wen Shan Bao Zhong Oolong Tea, Organic Freeze-Dried Pineapple, Organic Calendula, Organic Pineapple Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 level teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

About Butiki Teas View company

TTB #17

Another flavored oolong by Butiki, another win! While this doesn’t seem as complex and decadent (yes, I am totally using this word) as Rose Violet Calendula Oolong that I had a couple of days ago, it is still delicious and provides everything that the name promises, that is flowers, pineapple and oolong! :D

I got a bright yellow infusion that smells very delicately of pineapple. The flavor is much bolder, even a little tart, with a sweet, flowery finish. The oolong base shines through and binds the pineapple slightly sour notes with the flower notes. Very refreshing and summer-ish! That doesn’t seem to correlate with the weather well – there’s another snowstorm here in PA – so it’s best not to look out of the window ;D

I should really resteep this but I feel I should go on with my tastings… I still have about 3-4 teas to try before I have to pack the Traveling Tea Box and pass it to the next person tomorrow.

Flavors: Flowers

Thank you to Bonnie for this sample. Muchly appreciated.

This is another summery tea. The pineapple is present without being overpowering and I can taste the oolong behind it. The whole package is light, easy to drink and very tasty. I am on my third steeping of it and it is still very nice. Good stuff.

Wow, you can really taste and smell the calendula—there’s a sort of cooling medicinal property that’s refreshing and, when combined with the floral and marine and fruity pineapple components, just relaxes and rejuvenates one in the most vivid “Calgon take me away” “go to your happy place” tropical island-evoking way. That medicinal aspect also sort of creates the impression of an alcoholic fizz, like beachy refreshing cocktails with the punch and without the plastic sugarbomb part (think Hemingway’s daiquiri instead of the opaque frozen fruity kind found in salsa-serving establishments). This would be a great tea when it’s dreary and cold out and you’re feeling stir-crazy through the winter months and want to be reminded of summer vacations to sunny, sandy places.

This is so unique! The oolong has black and twisty long leaves, then the mix is blended with… pineapples! There is a big ole pineapple chunk in my infuser! Though the leaves are so dark, the cup color is still a mellow yellow. I’m surprised. I wonder if darker leaves mean more caffeine? I couldn’t even tell this is an oolong, the flavor is even lighter than a typical oolong. It’s more buttery than floral or peachy. If I were blindfolded, I could certainly guess the taste is pineapple. And there is a lovely creaminess to it, as well. I had three cups of this and the flavor stays pretty consistent with each cup.

Perfect. Wonderful pineapple flavor, light and natural. Sweet and a touch tart but not too much of either. Just yummy and elegant with a refreshing aftertaste. I’m pretty sure I can make a bunch of little cups of tea and create a Butiki fruit salad with the Cantaloupe & Cream, the Watermelon Xylophone, the Flowery Pineapple Oolong – maybe even the Ruby Pie!

Sad to say this is a sipdown. Thanks to Sil for letting me try it!

EDIT: This is also fantastic iced.

I love this one!

Thanks Stacy for the sample! I never would have ordered this on my own. For some reason I was under the impression that I didn’t like oolongs too much. I liked this though! It was light and sweet, airy. I imagine that it would taste delicious iced. I feel like it took me away to a tropical island. I would definitely purchase this. :)

T&C Box 3/18

This is a sweet, creamy oolong. It tastes a little more like dried pineapple than fresh, and has a definite creamy mouthfeel and taste to it. It’s also light, and the quality of it reminds me of Golden Moon’s Coconut Pouchong—it’s true to the fruit without being too heavy, and I can see myself wanting multiple cups. A very nice fruit oolong!

You can smell the pineapple flavor from this tea as soon as you open a Butiki package. Once brewed, I could smell/taste the floral notes, which I did not notice as much when smelling the dry leaf. I am not the biggest fan of floral teas, but the floral notes in this tea are not overwhelming and blend well with the fruit. :)

Well, crap. The dry leaf looked and smelled amazing, and at first the aroma and flavor of the steeped tea was amazing. But the flavoring that is used in this tea is leaving an aftertaste that vividly reminds me of a lip balm I had as a kid. Oh well. I only had a sample of this, and I am glad that I didn’t order more.

Don’t Be Afraid Of Tea, part 3

A very complex, intriguing offering from Stacy. Dry leaf smells strongly of fresh pineapple; while steeping, the pineapple aroma is overtaken by perfume-like florals. The taste is less perfumey but still very floral, with a well-integrated mild pineapple flavor. Neither agave nor sugar changed the flavor much at all, so I’d probably drink this unsweetened.

Flowery, pineappley oolong – does what it says on the tin. Not sure this is entirely up my alley, but it is very interesting and impressive nonetheless!