Flowery Pineapple Oolong

Flowers, Cream, Orchids, Pineapple, Sugar, Butter, Creamy, Floral, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

This light delicate tea pairs our premium Wen Shan Bao Zhong with a light pineapple flavor. The buttery and orchid notes of the oolong as well as its light body marry well with the pineapple flavor for a well-balanced soft tea. Without sugar this oolong has a wonderful light natural flavor but add a little brown crystal sugar for a stronger yet still natural pineapple flavor.

Ingredients: Wen Shan Bao Zhong Oolong Tea, Organic Freeze-Dried Pineapple, Organic Calendula, Organic Pineapple Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 level teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

About Butiki Teas View company

Got this as a sample in my recent Butiki order. Thanks Stacy :) I’ve been wanting to try this one.

Initial sips…I get the pineapple and the floral right off. Very complex tasting. And the oolong isn’t overpowering. It’s funny because I don’t really smell a lot of pineapple in the cup but when you sip it’s definitely there. The smell is a sweet oolong kind of thing. It tastes like natural pineapple too. Nothing artificial. I don’t think you need to add anything to it. It hints at sweetness without being sweet. And the floral notes compliment it so well. It’s like sipping the tropics. The orchid lingers.

Ok, since it’s a sample I have to try it a few ways….added some sweetener just to see what happens. Little rock sugar (that I also got from Butiki).

Yep. Pineapple. Yummy.

I think I’ll have to order some of this. It’s one of the more unique blends I’ve tried and I think I adore the floral.

Thanks for the sample, Stacy!

This one is really tasty. It has a very fresh pineapple taste.

Mmm delicious pineapple tea. Very true to flavour and the oolong still can be tasted.

This is one of my favorite Butiki blends and one that I often drink after dinner. It has an incredibly light and clean taste, and smells like a combination of orchids and a warm summer breeze.

Stacy, thank you for the sample!
It’s 80 some degrees in Michigan right now at 8:00 in the morning, summer has officially arrived! To celebrate, I wanted to start my morning off with a summery tea. I decided to try the Pineapple Oolong sample that came with my Butiki order.

The aroma has a nice hint of pineapple with some floral notes. The combination of the pineapple and orchid is simply delightful in this tea. I don’t even usually care for fruity or floral teas! I love the bit of pineapple flavor that is left on my tongue after sipping. I might be crazy but the combination of flavors is giving me an almost peachy after taste. It’s light and fun, the perfect summer tea.

Had this earlier today. I was amazed by how clear the infusion was, at first I was a little concerned that nothing had happened, haha.

This was pretty good. It was nice and refreshing. Didn’t blow my hair back with an intense flavor, but it’s light, delicate. It’s there, but very subtle, like the smile of the Mona Lisa. It does indeed taste like pineapple, and a little flowery, but definitely more pineapple than flowery, which is the right flavor balance IMO.

Very tasty tea – natural pineapple flavouring. I think I would enjoy this one more cold as it is kind of like hot pineapple juice which I find a bit strange. Still tastes very nice.

Let me tell you something about Stephanie. I think she is psychic! Yesterday my husband went to pick up the piece of art she made for me, and she sent a few teas along too. I was looking through the teas and said to my husband, “Oh she has been looking at my wish list.”

EXCEPT

None of them were on my wish list. I checked. They were JUST IN MY HEAD! How weird is that? And she nailed them all.

This one was in there. I don’t usually drink oolongs, but I was feeling brave and it’s Butiki, so it was bound to be good right? I really liked it! I didn’t get much “flowery” but I could get a bit of pineapple, and it was just smooth and sweet and very nice. I was worried when I steeped it because it smelled “green” and I’m not big on green, but it didn’t taste green at all.

Stephanie

Wow, lucky guesses! I just picked things I can’t remember seeing you post reviews of, that seemed up your alley :)

boychik

i love the art and i really love the colors;)

Why oh why have I had this sitting in my cupboard since New Year
I think … waiting to try this.. I set it on my nightstand vowing to try it and
there it set for 1 month …lol… and now I try it and I am singing…
What a breathe of fresh air…Springtime in a tea ♡
Mmm….that pineapple “island” flavor…
It is slightly astringent hot, but is a little more creamy as it cools down.
I kniw this is a little backwards, but I love how the dry tea smells …
like fresh pineapple
The smell of flowers are lightly dancing on the liqour of the tea
This is a very nice tea…delicate and tasty

I’m very impressed by how well Butiki blended this oolong, given how overpowering pineapple can be as a flavor, but they have done so beautifully here. The pineapple tastes fresh but never overwhelming, and the base oolong is wonderful unto itself. It’s absolutely perfect for a rainy grey morning like we’re having today, not so overly sweet as to be called a dessert tea but special enough to be a treat!