Flowery Pineapple Oolong

Oolong Tea
Citrus, Flowers, Orange, Sour, Orchid, Pineapple, Cream, Orchids, Sugar, Candy, Butter, Creamy, Floral, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

This light delicate tea pairs our premium Wen Shan Bao Zhong with a light pineapple flavor. The buttery and orchid notes of the oolong as well as its light body marry well with the pineapple flavor for a well-balanced soft tea. Without sugar this oolong has a wonderful light natural flavor but add a little brown crystal sugar for a stronger yet still natural pineapple flavor.

Ingredients: Wen Shan Bao Zhong Oolong Tea, Organic Freeze-Dried Pineapple, Organic Calendula, Organic Pineapple Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 level teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

About Butiki Teas View company

I just heard the news about Butiki closing its doors – I’ll have to make sure I purchase all their teas that I wanted to try before they’re all sold-out. :(

This tea is aptly named – I get a distinctly floral/lilac scent mixed with a fruity aroma as the tea steeps. The sweet floral notes – a distinctive characteristic of many green oolong – are present in the flavour as well. And yes there are definitely some nice fruity pineapple flavours, though I think they could stand to be a touch more prominent.

Let me tell you something about Stephanie. I think she is psychic! Yesterday my husband went to pick up the piece of art she made for me, and she sent a few teas along too. I was looking through the teas and said to my husband, “Oh she has been looking at my wish list.”

EXCEPT

None of them were on my wish list. I checked. They were JUST IN MY HEAD! How weird is that? And she nailed them all.

This one was in there. I don’t usually drink oolongs, but I was feeling brave and it’s Butiki, so it was bound to be good right? I really liked it! I didn’t get much “flowery” but I could get a bit of pineapple, and it was just smooth and sweet and very nice. I was worried when I steeped it because it smelled “green” and I’m not big on green, but it didn’t taste green at all.

Stephanie

Wow, lucky guesses! I just picked things I can’t remember seeing you post reviews of, that seemed up your alley :)

boychik

i love the art and i really love the colors;)

Why oh why have I had this sitting in my cupboard since New Year
I think … waiting to try this.. I set it on my nightstand vowing to try it and
there it set for 1 month …lol… and now I try it and I am singing…
What a breathe of fresh air…Springtime in a tea ♡
Mmm….that pineapple “island” flavor…
It is slightly astringent hot, but is a little more creamy as it cools down.
I kniw this is a little backwards, but I love how the dry tea smells …
like fresh pineapple
The smell of flowers are lightly dancing on the liqour of the tea
This is a very nice tea…delicate and tasty

I’m very impressed by how well Butiki blended this oolong, given how overpowering pineapple can be as a flavor, but they have done so beautifully here. The pineapple tastes fresh but never overwhelming, and the base oolong is wonderful unto itself. It’s absolutely perfect for a rainy grey morning like we’re having today, not so overly sweet as to be called a dessert tea but special enough to be a treat!

Thank you Deliriums Frogs for this tea! I enjoy the pineapple flavor even though its not very prominent. I may have under leafed.Some times it’s hard to tell how much is a teaspoon when the leaves are big. I should have checked grams. It is a nice tea for a sunshine-y happy day. A little Stevia. Terrific. Very refreshing and relaxing for mid-afternoon. Has some caffeine but not too much. Thanks again Deliriums Frogs for this swap!

DeliriumsFrogs

Oh, you’re SO welcome!! It is such a ‘happy day’ tea, isn’t it?
By the way, I’ve been loving my Doctor Who book…it’s been perfect! (I chose The Shadow of Weng-Chiang to read first :) )

carol who

I like the books that you can really relate to a specific episode. Have you seen The Talons of Weng Chiang? It’s a good one. Glad you are enjoying it!

T&C TTB

Ok, this is probably going to sound weird but this tea tastes like a Hawaiian Lei smells…
I was surprised to taste very light floral notes more than pineapple but it’s good.

Thank you Nicole for sharing this in the TTB. Your TTB has helped me discover several teas to add to my shopping list!

Flavors: Flowers

Courtney

Love the description!

EvaGrimm

Hehe… thanks Courtney!

This is actually the boy’s tea. For me, it is way too floral an oolong, but he absolutely adores it. I appreciate the smoothness of the oolong and I adore the smell of the leaves, but overall, this is his tea and not one I will be stealing too often. That being said, he loves it and says it is an amazing oolong.

TTB&C #2

This is another tea that has been on my wishlist for awhile. It was such a nice spring day here that I thought this would be a nice treat tonight. I was right. This is a sweet green floral oolong that has small bits of pineapple added to it. The combination is a nice light sweet tea. There is 1 cup of this tea left and I am very tempted to try it iced. I think this would be a nice cup on a hot summer days. I will have to leave this on my wishlist to order from Butiki the next time I place an order.

Lovely pineapple flavor, bit of sweetness, bit of flowers. It’s very light with the tiniest bit of a drying feel at the end but not in a bad way. No bitterness. But, I’m not “wowed” by this. I think I’m just not an oolong person. However, I would recommend it on the pineapple flavor alone.

Sample size, 8oz 175F water.

oh no DUUUUUDES! i have over 60 teas to sample and that doesn’t include the 19 teas i HAVE tasted but haven’r made notes for yet.

March/April is a big deadline time for me at my job. i need to remember that so i can plan a Vacation for this time next year!
haha no not really.
but i’m really gonna extra enjoy my week in Miami with oddree next month! that’s for sure.

this tea was probably not the best idea for a snowy rainy day? but i was trying to will spring weather back into our skies!! and it’s not warm out, nope, but at least there is no snow!
so it worked! i’m magic! and this tea is magic.
the brew is so clear and light. delicate in look as well as flavor. but a nice nice balance between the greenness and the airy citrus notes.
yum and bright.
i had just a tiny cup, with the intention of getting the sample to oddree sooner rather than later.
thank you Sil for sending this!

yay! glad you enjoyed it

OMGsrsly

:) I totally understand. And there are so many people on holiday due to it being spring break for the schools… O.o