Dragon Feelers

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Butiki Teas

• “Okay. I'm nuts about this tea. Cough medicine never hits my stomach well, so I just wanted a nice, buttery sweet tea this morning. Didn't take me long to pull out my bag of Dragon Feelers! Doh, I...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1011 tasting notes
  • “I'm deliberately not reading the tasting notes on this one so I can draw my own conclusions! This tea is definitely gorgeous, and reminds me of small, newly formed pods on sweet pea plants in the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2225 tasting notes
  • “First of all, I have to tell you...when I first saw the picture of this tea on the Butiki website I said "Ewww! this tea looks like fuzzy bugs!" (It had nothing to do with your lovely picture,...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown, 161. Ugh, ate too much at lunch today and now I am stuffed. I wanted something light, so I decided a green or a white tea, and this only had a serving left so I decided to go ahead and...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1909 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Dragon Feelers is a handcrafted green tea that originates from China. The soft green leaves resemble the belly of a dragon. This full-bodied smooth tea is buttery and sweet with artichoke, pea and marine notes. Dragon Feelers is a delicate, yet refreshing tea.

Ingredients: Chinese Green Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 level teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

About Butiki Teas View company

You ever just make something that is so good you feel like you could go build a skyscraper or something? I made a curry sauce for pasta with spinach and green bell pepper and it made my nose run, something suuuuuper helpful right now. When I went back to the kitchen I seriously gave myself like a happy dance because I have another bowl for tomorrow.

It’s fun to watch these steep because they look like pea pods floating around.

This is odd. It tastes like juicy fruit and kind of more like oolong? Peaches or pears..I can’t tell.

I don’t get much butter/cream, just sweetness. It is just a little bit vegetal, and just a tad astringent at the end. Mostly I get sweetness from it too, though I would guess that’s why it tastes like pears to me.

I really feel like my taste buds are broken now.

Tamm

This tea looks so fun!

Kittenna

Broken taste buds :(

This was a sample — thanks Stacy!

I really enjoyed this one, moreso than I thought I would. Light, crisp, and refreshing. I tasted fresh green beans with a smooth creaminess, and at the suggested 3 mins not a hint of astringency.

I don’t think I’d drink this on a regular basis; it’s not an overly exciting tea (other than the lovely, fuzzy, and obviously carefully crafted leaves!), but it is simple and satisfying. Really pure and fresh tasting.

I think I’m finally ready to explore unflavoured teas a little more, and this was a nice place to start.

Yay for exploring unflavoured teas! (Which coincidently have lots of flavour!)

softrevolution

Just placed my first Verdant order…and so it begins!

awesome! Stacy has some pretty damn good unflavoured as well. What did you pick up from verdant? (guess i could see if you posted in the share your order threadlol)

softrevolution

I got 2oz Laoshan Black, 1oz Golden Fleece, and 7g samples of Yu Lu Yan Cha, Laoshan Genmaicha, and Autumn Dragonwell Style Laoshan Green. I’m hoping I made some good choices, cause I just went off of the descriptions on the website rather than checking the reviews. Now I have four parcels of tea on the way..it’s killing me! Waaaant the tea.

softrevolution

Oh and I’ve also heard great things about Stacy’s straight teas, I’m already plotting an order for after the holidays. I just wanted to order from Verdant first to make sure I didn’t miss out on the coveted golden fleece :D

Those are great choices! I love laoshan black and Golden Fleece and even the genmaicha would be a re order for me even though I am not overly a fan of green teas. ;)

I randomly chose this out of my Butiki bag of fun leaves today. :) The dry leaves certainly are interesting. They appear to be striped in the picture. But in actuality, they’re creased in perfectly spaced lines. The aroma from both the dry leaves and the brewed tea is subtle, generic green tea.

The taste, however, is not subtle or generic. It’s delicious! Savory. That’s the main word that comes to mind. It’s very flavorful and savory. The taste is buttery veggies and salty nori (seaweed). It’s an interesting combo that I don’t know if I’ve come across before.

I’m wicked surprised that this tea calls for boiling water. It was really hard for me to put the brewing basket into that steaming cup. I thought for sure the whole thing would be so scorched, it’d be prone to burst into flames at any second. But luckily, the brewing instructions did not lead me astray.

I’m sipping at a yummy cup of green tea with a perfect balance of flavors. It’s not grassy at all and it’s also not overly veggie. Sometimes the green teas that lean too heavily towards artichoke aren’t to my liking. This is simply perfect. No bitterness and only a little astringency as it cools.

It’s different and yet the same. That’s what I love about green teas. At their heart, they’re mostly all the same. And yet, somehow they are all different and unique. If that’s not evidence for God’s beauty in nature, I don’t know what is.

4/5 (see my bio for more info on my new pared down scale)

I love the way this one looks, long and silver like pine needles, with a fuzzy down. It smells really good brewing and in the cup too—surprisingly sweet in a rich, bakery-ish sort of way, along with some sweet buttery cooked vegetable or sweet pea element. There’s a bit of wheatiness too, not heavy or yeasty like bread really but more like fresh wheat, which surprises me. I thought it’d be light and delicate like other premium greens but it’s got a surprising richness and heft to it, maybe based on that buttery sweet aroma. It’s a pretty, pale peachy gold hue with a slight silvery green tint. I really like this, definitely one of the best greens I’ve had so far (granted, I’m a green tea newb!).

This is another sample from my swap with Emily M (^^)

The dry leaves of this one are just so intriguing that I really wanted to like it. Unfortunately, I didn’t like it so much. It’s very vegetal, but a kind of vegetal I haven’t had before. Maybe its the pea and marine notes? I like peas, but not in tea, I guess.

I received a sample of this from Stacy. Thank-you! I had this before bed last night and really liked it. It was much sweeter tea than I had anticipated with the light veggie taste and hint of mint..

This is very light and smooth, and a little bit sweet. It’s also faintly vegetal—like peas with a tiny dash of seaweed. It reminds me of silver needles more than anything, although I like this a little bit better than I do those (as a non-fan of white tea). This was a fun tea to try—the dry leaves really do look like little dragons!—and one I won’t have trouble finishing, but I don’t think I’d purchase it again. It’s a lovely delicate tea; I just tend toward more assertive flavors.

I’ve definitely had more cups of this than I’ve logged, but I guess that’s because it’s not one I have a lot more to say about. It’s an interesting green — I have been following the instructions to steep it in boiling water, and after I got over the initial shock I was pleasantly surprised with how this one worked out. There’s not a hint of bitterness, and it’s so light, delicate and fresh tasting it’s almost unreal. In many ways, it reminds me of a white tea. It’s not floral or sweet in the same way, though — there’s a subtle taste of fresh pea, and it’s actually quite savoury in the way of spring vegetables. My favourite thing about this one is the dry leaf, though. It’s furry and stripy! Butiki do unusual teas like no-one else :)

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
TheTeaFairy

So true about butiki offering unusual teas! I agree, this one is so pretty to look at.

Project Drink Your Greens continues. Although this one looks a lot more like silver needle than any other green I’ve come across – the dry leaf is super fluffy, and it was kind of hard to measure out a level teaspoon.

Boiling water? Well all right, if Stacy says so. The tea didn’t seem to suffer at all – very soft with subtle flavors, like a more vegetal silver needle. The first flavor I picked up was artichoke, and now that I read the tasting notes I notice a few wisps of pea and marine. Most green teas taste to me like some sort of leafy vegetable, but this doesn’t seem to have any element of that, which is a nice change of pace.

I’m amazed how gentle this tea is after 3 minutes in boiling water, with no bitterness or astringency other than some dryness in the throat. It’s one that you have to focus on as it’s pretty easy to overlook the mild flavors, but doing so is a rewarding experience.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML