Maple Pecan Oolong

Oolong Tea
Nilgiri Frost Oolong, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan), Pecans
Caramel, Creamy, Maple, Maple Syrup, Pecan, Yeasty, Pancake Syrup, Autumn Leaf Pile, Nuts, Sweet, Nutty, Salty, Smooth, Citrus Fruits, Cream, Tangy, Wood, Butter, Mineral
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

Our Maple Pecan Oolong utilizes our Nilgiri Frost Oolong base. This smooth, silky tea has maple notes that develop into pecan notes then finish with maple notes that linger. Some citrus notes may also be detected. The flavors weave together brilliantly and are well balanced with the oolong base. With a little sugar the maple and pecan intensify for a wonderful desert treat that resembles a pecan pie. We recommend adding sugar slowly; too much sugar and the tea will taste like exactly like fresh maple syrup with a hint of pecan.

Ingredients: Nilgiri Frost Oolong, Pecans, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 170 F degrees

For more information, please visit

About Butiki Teas View company

cough attention…SIPDOWN! 150! oh yeah baby! that’s right! woot woot! However, this will be short lived as i’m fairly certain there’s a package at the post office my other half is picking up for me today haha. But, i did something i didn’t think was possible and managed to get to 150. Now to see if i can get a little closer to 100 before black friday, just for funsies :)

Sad to see this one go, but i know it’ll be back. I am a fan of this delicious offering from Stacy!

Congrats – good job – I’m not going to make 150 for Black Friday much less 100 that I wanted. Oh well it’s all good – Love having choices.

Congrats! You can try to catch me haha.

Congrats!! However, I think as you decrease your stash I am causing mine to grow rapidly. I just bought 4 more today and something tells me I won’t be able to resist ordering from Butiki much longer given how much everyone raves about this tea and Cantaloupe and Cream.

Dinosara – yeah probably not lol but we can pretend! I do have a long weekend coming up…

I’m just waiting for my Bukiti order to arrive VariaTEA so that I can send you some next week. I’m excited to try these all, too!

Shocking…. another hit from Butiki! This tastes just like maple nut fudge. It’s even sweet and everything. I think I prefer Creamy Eggnog… but only by a smidge, because this is absolutely decadent. This is much more of a dessert sort of tea.

Yeah, I’m too lazy to write more. I’m just going to enjoy drinking this amazing creation…

ETA: Second infusion retains that delicious lingering sweet mapley flavour. Not as good as the first infusion, but still pretty darn delicious. Probably would have been better if it had only been steeped for ~4 minutes instead of the 5:30 I gave it. I’m being bad and not paying attention tonight, haha.

Only thing I don’t like about accidental oversteeps (besides possible bitterness) is that you can eke out fewer infusions :s

Yes, that too!

I just saw that Stacy already ran out of her new caramel vanilla assam and it wasn’t even online yet!!!!! Nooooo!! I want some so bad! Stacy – when will you have your next batch? Please save some for me!!!!

On THIS tea….OMG! I’m running out! And I want to bring some to my mom this weekend so she can taste how amazing it is!!! I had some this afternoon and almost lost a leaf on the floor. 5-second rule! C’mon, I couldn’t waste that!! This tea makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. I’m not sure if there is another one that does that to me. I really need to make a spreadsheet now so I can keep track of my favorites! This tea will be included in my next order….that will hopefully also include caramel vanilla assam!!!

I had no idea this was being created. GAH.

She said it would be back later this week. :-)

I’m trying the maple pecan oolong tonight. Sounds so good. 5 second rule no probelm, afterall, you’re soaking them in hot water, that’ll kill any germs, right?

Rachel J

ACK! I have been checking on the website to see when it would be available! I guess I should have contacted Stacy directly!

I agree, this one’s delicious. :) So disappointed that my last three cups worth of leaves were ruined. Someone used cleaner WAY too close to the pouch, so it absorbed this weird sour flavor. DX; I didn’t die, so obviously it wasn’t poisoned, but it sure poisoned the nice flavor D:

And Caramel Vanilla Assam? I’m so very intrigued! Wish I knew about it sooner so I could’ve requested it too D:

TastyBrew – can’t wait to hear what you think of the maple pecan oolong!

Chizakura – that must’ve been some strong cleaner! Bummer!

Butiki Teas

The Caramel Vanilla Assam will be back later this week but there is a chance it could run out again before we receive an ingredient that we are low on. If we do run out of the second batch, I expect that it will only be for a week or two.

There’s never enough of this tea.. so hello Friday sales. No. 29.

This guy comes out better when the temperature is exact but it doesn’t taste completely terrible if I miss the mark by a degree.. or 20. Ok, there’s probably more tart “citrus” notes then there should be but it’s still good.

I wish my favourite types of teas (dragon well, silver needle, tieguanyin-like oolong, and this) weren’t specific lower temp. steepers. It makes it hard to get by without a fancy kettle, or something, for measuring temp.

Hahaha 20.

Ha, I so agree. Maybe that’s why dragonwell hasn’t been my best friend. I always have to guess on how long to let the water cool.

My new teas from Butiki arrived today and I wanted to try this first. It smells so incredible in the bag. After I put my tea in the water I could see these dark twisted leaves and a few pecan pieces.

I steeped it for four minutes at around 180F. The flavoring here is mild and not overwhelming at all. I am picking up on both the maple and pecan flavors and the dark oolong is a nice base for these. Sometimes dessert teas can be a bit sickening or cloying, but I am not finding that here. I like that this is not “fakey”. Definitely nutty, with a bit of fruit in the finish.

I decided to add a bit of turbinado sugar and that brought the maple forth a lot more. This was a pleasant surprise and really enjoyable. I will have no problem finishing off the bag.

Ditto! Good stuff!

I think I will need to try this with soymilk too! It’s good…

I have been dying to try this blend since it first came out. I probably should have ordered some but I have a really hard time placing small orders at Butiki. I start browsing and suddenly there’s $60 worth of stuff in my cart! Thankfully I get to try this one without draining my account thanks to Emily M!

Hot this one kind of tastes generically sweet, but I let it cool a bit as other reviews have recommended and the flavors start to pop! Sweet, thick maple, nutty pecan, and of course the wonderful base adds rich, woodsy notes. And am I detecting a hint of stone fruit? Something plum-y is going on at the end of the sip and I love it!

This is one of those blends that I would happily drink every day. It’s quite complex and yet on a level delightfully simple—pecan pie in a cup!

Emily M

Glad you enjoyed it! =)
And happy to have helped out your account… though since you love it so much, I don’t know if I helped or ultimately just delayed the unavoidable!

Oh my gosh!

Pecan is probably the top nut I will drink in tea, mainly because lots of Darjeelings have pecan notes. I am also obsessed with maple syrup. And I love oolong. So believe me, I needed this tea.

I’m so sad this is my first cup of tea all day, when I was home, I was passed out LOL I don’t even know why. I had the most extravagant lunch (both in taste and cost, I am pretty sure I spent $20 total on these 3 things) because it had a froyo course (which actually I’ll call breakfast) and a lamb burger, and then a cone of peanut butter banana ice cream. I could have used a cup of tea when I got home, I think!

I am drinking this and trying to decide if I want to pack now, or when I get done with work tomorrow night. The tea says, sit on your bed with me all night instead. It is perfect for me without any sweetener, though I think in the future just to see, a little bit of maple syrup added would be interesting!

This actually does remind me of a Darjeeling oolong because of the citrusy notes in the oolong, and then the pecan. The entire flavor of the tea overall reminds me of a crepe I had in Paris. I couldn’t decide on one, but inevitably chose the crepe Canadienne. It had walnuts instead of pecans, but it tasted just like this. This tea seriously tastes like the crepe down to the crepe!

As it cools off, it tastes more like pecan pie…if pecan pie was made with maple syrup instead of corn syrup. Now that is my kind of pie.

This isn’t a heavily flavored tea, so it’s a perfect sweet treat that didn’t cost me a ton of money and hasn’t turned me into more of a sugar fiend. It’s light but still flavorful, and it’s definitely one of the most interesting flavored oolongs I’ve ever had!

Maple pecan oolong??!!!! You’ve got to be kidding me!!!! I’ve been begging Frank over at 52teas to create a maple pecan granola black tea for months! Looks like Butiki beat him to the punch. I’ll take a maple pecan oolong as substitute. Woot! :D

this is yummy

What whaaaat! Maple pecan confection in a cup, without any calories?! or additives required????
OK now I know I’m dreaming. This is SO GOOD.
And the best part? I am really enjoying my cuppa luke warm. Most of the time I struggle to finish my cup before it gets cool because I really prefer my teas hot but this time, I was a little worried sipping the hot cup. It was a little too sweet and there wasn’t much flavour overall… but when I came back to it a few min later? Wowsa!!
Maple, oolong, and pecan blend together so seamlessly that I’m already looking forward to my next infusion! The aftertaste has that slight bitterness I find with pecans or walnuts sometimes. I really like that!
Thanks so much for the sample Stacy!!!

Sidenote: SANTA just came to my door. Apparently a neighbour dressed up for the kids and he stopped by to say hi. I got a candy cane out of it. Teehee!

Mmmm I really enjoy this one

Aw, too cool!

Sil, it’s addictive!!!

Ashmanra, I thought so! He was all jolly like and I swear, that beard was real…

It’s my first Butiki teas and I need to double thanks Nicole.
Thanks for the sample and thanks because this tea is really wonderful.

The dry leaves scent is very maple but once steeped, the pecan nuts are the main flavour to me, but on the maple syrup base – this is really well done.

The flavours are so natural and so subtle, it is a very high pleasure to sniff and to drink this tea.

I really really really love it and now I feel sooooo sad not to have enough blend to drink another cup ! It means I need to order it for sure.It goes in my shopping list.

Merci Butiki Teas for this exceptional creation.

I’m so glad you liked it! I thought it was unusual. It was a hit at my Halloween tea party with a few ladies who “didn’t like tea.” :)

imagine so what happened on a lady who does like tea :)

This is a yummy tea. My husband asks for it now from time to time and he is usually a coffee only kind of man. I may have to get another cup of this now :)

I’m so glad that you enjoyed this tea! This is ONE of my favourites from Butiki!

I’m thinking that maple pecan is a perfect complement to oolong flavor. Making note!

This is yummy!

One of my all-time favourites. The base tastes stronger than usual, fuller and more robust, but probably because I used more leaf. It’s good though! I should do that in the morning rather than 9pm.

I need to drink this more rather than hoard this!

I hoard this one too!

This seems to be everyone’s favorite. I really need to get me some of this tea to try!