Grapefruit Dragon

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “Sooooo good! Had this today as well as it had been a long time since i'd had a chance to sit down and enjoy MY grapefruit tea. I'm so impressed with how much this tastes like grapefruit. It was...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5392 tasting notes
  • “Buttery Dragonwell and citric grapefruit together!? I must be dreaming because this is too good. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for existing! This is my new favourite tea. The beautiful dry...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 508 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown of this one too. Wow. This is an old sample from *CrowKettle*, so I know the tea isn't at it's prime. Still, it's so interesting. With the grapefruit flavour and age, it's almost...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1624 tasting notes
  • “Uggg tired! I did lots of canning today! Yesterday was 30lbs of tomatoes - diced tomatoes, pizza sauce (with roasted tomato) and a couple jars of salsa. Today was watermelon jelly and chunk...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1075 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Our Grapefruit Dragon has an Organic Dragon Well base that originates from Anhui, China. At the beginning of the sip, the grapefruit is almost immediately noticed then the mellow sweet marine notes of the green tea appear. Towards the end of the sip, more intense natural grapefruit notes produce a slight tartness that tingles the tongue. The grapefruit flavor most resembles pink grapefruit or perhaps a gentle white grapefruit. With a little brown crystal sugar the grapefruit flavor is much sweeter and juicier with only minimal tartness and somewhat resembles a Grapefruit Brulee but sweeter.

Ingredients: Organic Dragon Well, Safflower, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 2 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 level teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F degrees

For more information, please visit butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

I think this is my favourite fruity tea from Butiki so far. It has a very natural tasting grapefruit flavour. I like the tartness, it’s not too much. I added a tiny bit of honey and it was delicious.

Aroma: Strong, citrusy
Liquor Color: Golden yellow
Liquor Flavor: Citrusy, buttery
Notes: I’m not sure what happened here. I love green teas, and I love grapefruit. When I first smelled it, the smell was strong and didn’t smell appealing to me at all. Almost like a chemical weird smell. Then I went to sample it, and nope. Didn’t like it. At all. Everyone else said it’s fine, I don’t understand why I hate it so much. I had really high hopes but the smell was so off putting to me I couldn’t finish. Are my taste buds broken? :(

Absolutely delicious. The grapefruit taste is just the right intensity; it’s right there but not too strong, very perfectly balanced.

Mmm. I added a small amount of agave nectar to this and it tastes like a pink grapefruit with sugar on it. Yum! Very fresh.

Sample. I was worried this would be bitter as grapefruit flavored things often are. But nope, not in the slightest. I like how Stacy adds just enough flavor to detect but not so much that it drowns out the tea itself’s flavor. Very light and delicate.

I’ve been drinking this all afternoon. I wonder how it would be iced? Maybe I should take it back home with me and try it…..

carol who

I’m trying a lot more teas as cold brews and have only found a couple I don’t really like. What a great new thing to have found for our world of teas. More playing!

Cheri

Yeah. It’s great to experiment and play around.

I love how tart this tea is and how natural the grapefruit flavour is. I drink this tea when I am looking for a fruity green that is tart, but not sour with a mild base. There are hints of the base tea, but they only compliment the grapefruit flavour more. Though it is not sweet, the acidic tartness of the tea reminds me of the grapefruit gummy candies I used to adore as a child.

a number of years back there was a movie made called ‘being john malkovich’. i never watched it… i had no inclination. while i think he’s had the odd funny role i have no desire to imagine being him. in fact, the vast majority of famous people i would deliberately NOT MEET…. how could they meet up to the standard of their acting/singing/writing?

HOWEVER.

i would watch a movie about being stacy lim. what is it like to be her? i wonder. where some people have closets of hats and shoes, i imagine her wandering through a surrounding apothecary of teas….‘what shall i drink today?’ she wanders to the market in her neighborhood and sees a butterfly fluttering over a stand of fresh pineapples….. ‘i can capture that motion…’ she thinks and meanders away. a christmas gift of fudge, baked bananas and tapioca pudding…. scotch and a fine cigar….. everything is a challenge in the world of stacy lim. that’s a movie i would like to see =0)

i brought this tea to a coffee house for my team mates to try with me…. after giving away that amazing tea basket, they’d never tried butiki and this was a new one for me too. my africa calling team mates were wowed (to say the least) although the coffee house staff were underwhelmed that i’d brought my own anything, lol.

they gave me hot water and a criminal tea pot that spilled more tea than it poured…. but still, the tea….. oh the tea! a smooth green. no nuttiness, just a cool refreshing base. i would concur with the word buttery. the grapefruit astounds. the essence of peel, of fruit, even of pith— but with no bitterness.

at this point my imagination diverges; does stacy coax the flavour gently from pink grapefruit by whispering sweet nothings? or does she crush them and bludgeon them into doing her bidding without remorse? muahahahahaha?

stacy… remember i told you your teas turn me into a ham? yeah, well—

__Morgana__

Being John Malkovich was actually a really funny movie, but then I love John Malkovich. I had a (male) friend who referred to him as “the thinking woman’s crumpet” which I find hysterical, but true.

Kaylee

I can envision this as the best Food Network show ever.

me too kaylee!!!!

Butiki Teas

Hahaha. :D Trust me, I’m not that interesting. The vast majority of names and ideas for teas are accidents, randomly inspired, completely out of the blue, or hey what is the weirdest yet awesome tea I can come up with. The tea with the coolest story has to be With Open Eyes but other than that nothing terribly entertaining. Right now I’ve been contemplating a tea that has been plaguing me for years. One of these years it will be made. Being John Malkovich is an awesome movie. Definitely worth a watch.

JustJames

he’s just not my cup of…..tea =0D. unless you’d like to persuade me with a perfect blend? lol. i think you’re that interesting.

Butiki Teas

I totally understand him not being someone’s cup of tea. The movie is just completely bizarre though. It’s not so much about him being as it is about being him. I definitely need to see that again to see if it still holds up today.

Ysaurella

I loved this movie ! Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich.Malkovich ?
James you need to see the restaurant scene !:) Thanks for reminding that souvenir.

JustJames

lol….. and still i’m the stick-in-the-mud that doesn’t want to see it. =0D JM just isn’t my thing. restaurant scene, hmmmm? my wife is nodding. possibly. NO PROMISES, lol.

I think this is one of the teas I saw in MissB’s collection and wanted to try. Well now I get to try it , thanks to Miss B’s mystery pack. The grapefruit flavour and the tea go together perfectly in this tea. The tea is such a nice light vegetal green. The grapefruit flavour is light too. Every mouthful is perfection. Gotta get me some more of this tea!!!!!

180 °F / 82 °C
MissB

Oh, yay! I’m so glad this worked for you. It’s really lovely.

Ubacat

It was perfection. This tea alone would make me want to order from Butiki Teas. Thanks for the sample!

I was sooooo looking forward to trying this tea. Thank you BrewTEAlly for sending me a sample! I have not yet had a grapefruit tea and was excited to try it as I love grapefruit. But this tea disappointed me. I didn’t taste any grapefruit, only a very vegetal green tea, which I don’t like. Maybe it lost it’s flavour in the swap? This tea is a success though as now I won’t need to order this from Butiki and I can try something else wonderful!