Grapefruit Dragon

Broth, Peppercorn, Tangy, Grapefruit
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

Our Grapefruit Dragon has an Organic Dragon Well base that originates from Anhui, China. At the beginning of the sip, the grapefruit is almost immediately noticed then the mellow sweet marine notes of the green tea appear. Towards the end of the sip, more intense natural grapefruit notes produce a slight tartness that tingles the tongue. The grapefruit flavor most resembles pink grapefruit or perhaps a gentle white grapefruit. With a little brown crystal sugar the grapefruit flavor is much sweeter and juicier with only minimal tartness and somewhat resembles a Grapefruit Brulee but sweeter.

Ingredients: Organic Dragon Well, Safflower, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 2 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 level teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F degrees

For more information, please visit butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

I think this is my favourite fruity tea from Butiki so far. It has a very natural tasting grapefruit flavour. I like the tartness, it’s not too much. I added a tiny bit of honey and it was delicious.

Aroma: Strong, citrusy
Liquor Color: Golden yellow
Liquor Flavor: Citrusy, buttery
Notes: I’m not sure what happened here. I love green teas, and I love grapefruit. When I first smelled it, the smell was strong and didn’t smell appealing to me at all. Almost like a chemical weird smell. Then I went to sample it, and nope. Didn’t like it. At all. Everyone else said it’s fine, I don’t understand why I hate it so much. I had really high hopes but the smell was so off putting to me I couldn’t finish. Are my taste buds broken? :(

Absolutely delicious. The grapefruit taste is just the right intensity; it’s right there but not too strong, very perfectly balanced.

Mmm. I added a small amount of agave nectar to this and it tastes like a pink grapefruit with sugar on it. Yum! Very fresh.

Sample. I was worried this would be bitter as grapefruit flavored things often are. But nope, not in the slightest. I like how Stacy adds just enough flavor to detect but not so much that it drowns out the tea itself’s flavor. Very light and delicate.

Hmm, I seem to have not awesome luck with Butiki teas. I’m not sure if this aged poorly or got contaminated (doubtful), but steeping, all this smelled like was white pepper and savoury broth, and on the palate, I’m getting predominantly pepper with a hint of that tanginess that grapefruit has. If I didn’t have grapefruit on the brain I probably wouldn’t have associated that tang with it.

Thank you Janelle for the sample. I have one cup left and I think I’ll probably pass it along to someone else.

Flavors: Broth, Peppercorn, Tangy

TheLastDodo

That’s too bad! This was an amazing tea!

Nichole

Sad! I’m drinking this one right now and I love it!

Growing up, a favorite Sunday morning treat was a fresh and tart ruby red grapefruit. I would always be the one who was in charge of slicing the sections for everyone. i would always save any extra juice and squeeze it into a small glass to sip on. This tea is 100% grapefruit deliciousness.

I feel like I am sitting on the beach while eating a grapefruit, minus the sand :P The dragonwell is so lovely and light like a sea breeze. It’s quite lovely to look at, with it’s flat wide leaves. The grapefruit is so spot on it’s almost scary. I even get the tongue-numbing tingle and the sweet/tart bite throughout. Damn, this is one refreshing tea.

Flavors: Grapefruit

Mikumofu

As a fellow grapefruit lover this sounds like a dream come true!

TeaBrat

Lupicia makes a good one too.

TheLastDodo

Ooh, I am intrigued!

rosebudmelissa

Adagio has a really good grapefruit Oolong.

I’ve been drinking this all afternoon. I wonder how it would be iced? Maybe I should take it back home with me and try it…..

carol who

I’m trying a lot more teas as cold brews and have only found a couple I don’t really like. What a great new thing to have found for our world of teas. More playing!

Cheri

Yeah. It’s great to experiment and play around.

I love how tart this tea is and how natural the grapefruit flavour is. I drink this tea when I am looking for a fruity green that is tart, but not sour with a mild base. There are hints of the base tea, but they only compliment the grapefruit flavour more. Though it is not sweet, the acidic tartness of the tea reminds me of the grapefruit gummy candies I used to adore as a child.

a number of years back there was a movie made called ‘being john malkovich’. i never watched it… i had no inclination. while i think he’s had the odd funny role i have no desire to imagine being him. in fact, the vast majority of famous people i would deliberately NOT MEET…. how could they meet up to the standard of their acting/singing/writing?

HOWEVER.

i would watch a movie about being stacy lim. what is it like to be her? i wonder. where some people have closets of hats and shoes, i imagine her wandering through a surrounding apothecary of teas….‘what shall i drink today?’ she wanders to the market in her neighborhood and sees a butterfly fluttering over a stand of fresh pineapples….. ‘i can capture that motion…’ she thinks and meanders away. a christmas gift of fudge, baked bananas and tapioca pudding…. scotch and a fine cigar….. everything is a challenge in the world of stacy lim. that’s a movie i would like to see =0)

i brought this tea to a coffee house for my team mates to try with me…. after giving away that amazing tea basket, they’d never tried butiki and this was a new one for me too. my africa calling team mates were wowed (to say the least) although the coffee house staff were underwhelmed that i’d brought my own anything, lol.

they gave me hot water and a criminal tea pot that spilled more tea than it poured…. but still, the tea….. oh the tea! a smooth green. no nuttiness, just a cool refreshing base. i would concur with the word buttery. the grapefruit astounds. the essence of peel, of fruit, even of pith— but with no bitterness.

at this point my imagination diverges; does stacy coax the flavour gently from pink grapefruit by whispering sweet nothings? or does she crush them and bludgeon them into doing her bidding without remorse? muahahahahaha?

stacy… remember i told you your teas turn me into a ham? yeah, well—

__Morgana__

Being John Malkovich was actually a really funny movie, but then I love John Malkovich. I had a (male) friend who referred to him as “the thinking woman’s crumpet” which I find hysterical, but true.

Kaylee

I can envision this as the best Food Network show ever.

me too kaylee!!!!

Butiki Teas

Hahaha. :D Trust me, I’m not that interesting. The vast majority of names and ideas for teas are accidents, randomly inspired, completely out of the blue, or hey what is the weirdest yet awesome tea I can come up with. The tea with the coolest story has to be With Open Eyes but other than that nothing terribly entertaining. Right now I’ve been contemplating a tea that has been plaguing me for years. One of these years it will be made. Being John Malkovich is an awesome movie. Definitely worth a watch.

JustJames

he’s just not my cup of…..tea =0D. unless you’d like to persuade me with a perfect blend? lol. i think you’re that interesting.

Butiki Teas

I totally understand him not being someone’s cup of tea. The movie is just completely bizarre though. It’s not so much about him being as it is about being him. I definitely need to see that again to see if it still holds up today.

Ysaurella

I loved this movie ! Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich.Malkovich ?
James you need to see the restaurant scene !:) Thanks for reminding that souvenir.

JustJames

lol….. and still i’m the stick-in-the-mud that doesn’t want to see it. =0D JM just isn’t my thing. restaurant scene, hmmmm? my wife is nodding. possibly. NO PROMISES, lol.