Grapefruit Dragon

Grapefruit, Broth, Peppercorn, Tangy
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

Our Grapefruit Dragon has an Organic Dragon Well base that originates from Anhui, China. At the beginning of the sip, the grapefruit is almost immediately noticed then the mellow sweet marine notes of the green tea appear. Towards the end of the sip, more intense natural grapefruit notes produce a slight tartness that tingles the tongue. The grapefruit flavor most resembles pink grapefruit or perhaps a gentle white grapefruit. With a little brown crystal sugar the grapefruit flavor is much sweeter and juicier with only minimal tartness and somewhat resembles a Grapefruit Brulee but sweeter.

Ingredients: Organic Dragon Well, Safflower, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 2 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 level teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F degrees

For more information, please visit butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

I think this is my favourite fruity tea from Butiki so far. It has a very natural tasting grapefruit flavour. I like the tartness, it’s not too much. I added a tiny bit of honey and it was delicious.

Absolutely delicious. The grapefruit taste is just the right intensity; it’s right there but not too strong, very perfectly balanced.

Mmm. I added a small amount of agave nectar to this and it tastes like a pink grapefruit with sugar on it. Yum! Very fresh.

Sample. I was worried this would be bitter as grapefruit flavored things often are. But nope, not in the slightest. I like how Stacy adds just enough flavor to detect but not so much that it drowns out the tea itself’s flavor. Very light and delicate.

not that bitter – so i liked it

juicy, and even a little soapy, but not in a bad way. mild flavor.

Flavors: Grapefruit

Hmm, I seem to have not awesome luck with Butiki teas. I’m not sure if this aged poorly or got contaminated (doubtful), but steeping, all this smelled like was white pepper and savoury broth, and on the palate, I’m getting predominantly pepper with a hint of that tanginess that grapefruit has. If I didn’t have grapefruit on the brain I probably wouldn’t have associated that tang with it.

Thank you Janelle for the sample. I have one cup left and I think I’ll probably pass it along to someone else.

Flavors: Broth, Peppercorn, Tangy

TheLastDodo

That’s too bad! This was an amazing tea!

Nichole/CuppaGeek

Sad! I’m drinking this one right now and I love it!

Growing up, a favorite Sunday morning treat was a fresh and tart ruby red grapefruit. I would always be the one who was in charge of slicing the sections for everyone. i would always save any extra juice and squeeze it into a small glass to sip on. This tea is 100% grapefruit deliciousness.

I feel like I am sitting on the beach while eating a grapefruit, minus the sand :P The dragonwell is so lovely and light like a sea breeze. It’s quite lovely to look at, with it’s flat wide leaves. The grapefruit is so spot on it’s almost scary. I even get the tongue-numbing tingle and the sweet/tart bite throughout. Damn, this is one refreshing tea.

Flavors: Grapefruit

Mikumofu

As a fellow grapefruit lover this sounds like a dream come true!

TeaBrat

Lupicia makes a good one too.

TheLastDodo

Ooh, I am intrigued!

rosebudmelissa

Adagio has a really good grapefruit Oolong.

I’ve been drinking this all afternoon. I wonder how it would be iced? Maybe I should take it back home with me and try it…..

carol who

I’m trying a lot more teas as cold brews and have only found a couple I don’t really like. What a great new thing to have found for our world of teas. More playing!

Cheri

Yeah. It’s great to experiment and play around.

I love how tart this tea is and how natural the grapefruit flavour is. I drink this tea when I am looking for a fruity green that is tart, but not sour with a mild base. There are hints of the base tea, but they only compliment the grapefruit flavour more. Though it is not sweet, the acidic tartness of the tea reminds me of the grapefruit gummy candies I used to adore as a child.