Organic Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

Available from 1 seller.

• “First tasting note for this tea! I really enjoy honeybush in blends, so I thought I would test it out. I enjoy it plain as well. Woodsy, with some honey and citrus notes. I also bought...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes
  • “This wasn’t my favorite. It was basically like licking a tree branch, but not really in a good way. The scent is beautiful though. After sipping it plain, I used it to make some decaf chai on...” Read full tasting note
    Zimaleah501 571 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown #4 of the day! A nice way to round out the evening, especially since it appears that my headache has decided to depart. I’ve been having headaches an awful lot this week, which is...” Read full tasting note
    cvasilevski 738 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Organic Honeybush originates from South Africa. Honeybush is related to rooibos but tends to be a bit sweeter. The honeybush plant has bright yellow flowers with a scent of honey. This caffeine-free tisane is sweet and woody with a slight hint of smokiness. Notes of honey, berries, and citrus can be detected.

Ingredients: Organic South African Honeybush

Recommended Brew Time: 5 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 teaspoon of honeybush for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F degrees (boiling)

For more information, please visit www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

First tasting note for this tea!
I also bought it to tone down the caffeine in some blacks. For those days I really want a black but not all the caffeine. It will possibly also add some sweetness to whatever I add it to!

This wasn’t my favorite. It was basically like licking a tree branch, but not really in a good way. The scent is beautiful though. After sipping it plain, I used it to make some decaf chai on the stove. Still not my favorite, I prefer black tea, but it is still pretty good that way.

LiberTEAS

Is there a really good way to lick a tree branch? I guess it might be good if one were to coat the tree branch with say … candy first. But other than that, I’m not thinking that licking a tree branch would be the best way to derive culinary satisfaction.

Leah Naomi

I actually love the scent of wood so much it wouldn’t feel like too big a reach to enjoy the taste. But sadly, not so. But licking a tree branch is very much something I might have done to find out, if not for this tea. :)

LiberTEAS

haha! I do enjoy the scent of wood too. And I really don’t mind so much the woodsy flavors of teas and even of honeybush. I’m not as big a fan of honeybush (or rooibos) plain though, I like them much better as a base of a flavored/blended tea.

Sipdown #4 of the day!

A nice way to round out the evening, especially since it appears that my headache has decided to depart. I’ve been having headaches an awful lot this week, which is really weird.

Anyway.

This tea is nice, with a sweetness to it that is very gentle. I still stand by my first note saying that it’s got an interesting bite to it at the back of the sip that reminds me of watemelon rind. I would really love to see a watermelon honeybush tea – or maybe I should make an iced tea of this mixed with watermelon juice? Just a thought. Bumping up the rating a tiny bit to take it out of the “good but not for me” territory.

Kaylee

A watermelon honeybush tea would be amazing. Feel better!