Thurbo Darjeeling

Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

Our Thurbo Darjeeling originates from the Thurbo Darjeeling Tea Estate located in West Bengal in the Darjeeling District in India. The name “Thurbo” comes from the word “Tombu” which means camp. The Thurbo estate was used by the British to set up camp and invade Nepal. This estate utilizes a Chinese varietal and is situated at a 5,500 feet altitude. Our Thurbo Darjeeling is graded SFTGFOP1 (Special Finest Tippy Golden Flower Orange Pekoe-First Flush) and has notes of grass, hay, and grilled asparagus. Juicy berry, bergamot, jasmine, and spice notes can also be detected as well as some woody notes.

Ingredients: Indian Black Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 190 F degrees

For more information, please visit www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Sipdown.

Still not my favourite, but I really appreciate CrowKettle going halfsies on the sampler pack with me. :)

A nice light tea to have while I’m waiting for my stew to finish cooking.

Courtney

Stew is the best. It reminds me of home. :)

OMGsrsly

I am teh laziest, and don’t see the point in making “fancy” dinners that require more than one pot or frypan. :) Stews are perfect.

Conversely, I’ll bake and dirty up every single piece of bakeware in my house before conceding defeat.

Fjellrev

I think I’m psychologically damaged from all the stews my grandma made when I was a kid. She’d always load them with turnip, which my tastebuds despise!

Indigobloom

Fjellrev, I had a soup made with Lapsang Souchong last week, it was amazing, I wonder if that could convince you to like it? lol

OMGsrsly

Ick, turnip.

Ok, this morning, I need Thurbo as in turbo, propeller, fast fuse, or what have you. Just give me energy please. This tea will hopefully help me stay grounded, as I have big plans!

I like this Thurbo, another tasty Darjeeling from Butiki. It’s a little spicy and astringent, lots of muscatel. All these big flavours peak for me at second infusion which is the best one in my opinion. Later, it gets a little woodsy.

Although my favourite Darj from Butiki remains Castleton Moonlight, I still feel this one is an excellent pick me up!

I have a special day planned with a very special friend of mine today. Having had serious health issues for several months now, it’s my first attempt at a real outing with a friend and though I am quite anxious about the whole thing, I am beyond excited…this means I am doing better :-)

I haven’t slept all night but that’s ok, I’m used to it and I know I can still manage to have a good time. What we have planned doesn’t require acute intellectual abilities anyways, lol:

1)Breakfast at our favourite restaurant
2)short girly shopping session – only shoes and tea are on the list
3)talk some more and have some tea in the afternoon

She is such a good caring friend, I know that no matter how I feel today, she’ll be there for me. She doesn’t know, but I have prepared a little tea gift for her. I took a giant mug and filled it with a bunch of tea samples from tea merchants she never tried (she only knows DavidsTea!)

Hope she likes it!

Butiki Teas

Sounds like you have a fun day planned! Have a great time! Friends like that are awesome. :)

Terri HarpLady

That does sound like a wonderful outing! Have fun!

Amariel

Have a fun day. I know about the not sleeping at night. I’ve had sleeping issues the last week or so, myself.

keychange

It’s so wonderful to have friends who will enjoy your company, regardless of what type of state you’re in: healthy or unhealthy, happy or miserable, etc. We all need people like that, and she’s also lucky to have a kind tea friend!

Fjellrev

I hope you’ll have an awesome day! You deserve a relaxing day.

TheTeaFairy

Thanks everyone, I had a wonderful day and my friend was beyond happy about the tea gift. She said the best gifts are the ones involving a true passion and she could see that passion not only in the way everything was wrapped but also in the way each pouch was selected to match her own personal tastes… She definitely made my day :-)

This is the last type left from the Butiki Darjeeling sampler I split with OMGsrsly. It’s the last because it’s the one I originally cared for the least.

My taste buds seem to have done a complete reversal, or maybe I’m finally acquiring a taste for Darjeeling teas, as I’m really loving this today. I’d like to think I’m maturing, and that it has nothing to do with the fact that Della Terra’s monstrous Pineapple Upside Down Cake sat in this same steeper cup just last night. That’s totally not why the veggie hay notes taste so honeyed today.

The spiced wood, the wispy hay, and the tart fruity notes are all this tea’s own though, and they make for a great flavor profile!

Stephanie

Darjeelings are really growing on me! This one is particularly good :)

I REALLY enjoyed this today. I savored 2 steeps, one before and one after lunch. I could see myself getting into darjeelings! Despite my head cold I got lots of sweet grassy, flowery, hay like flavor from both steeps. Somehow it tasted like a sunny autumn meadow in a cup!

Thanks very much teamore for including this bonus sample in our swap :D

Sample Sipdown! (158) – Will my cupboard ever get under 100? At least I’ve got mostly everything in – there’s maybe just 1-2 swap packages out there and 0 orders.

So I am definitely getting the muscatel in this, and a lot of the fruity notes too. I don’t quite “get” Darjeelings yet as I don’t think I’d want this everyday, but I like it. It’s sweet, and hearty. There’s also grassy notes too. I keep thinking plum, but I don’t know if that’s supposed to be there. But yeah, plums wrapped in sweet grass/hay, with a touch of astringency – that’s this tea!

I’ll have to resteep it just to confirm this.

This is very grassy and slightly astringent – pleasantly so, in my opinion. Not my favorite Darjeeling, but still an enjoyable cup. Thanks for letting me try this one, Teamore!

Smells: sweet and earthy like freshly mown grass.

Taste: mellow and earthy, like hay and dirt.

Personal note: this tea marks the point at which I have begun to favour unflavoured tea, and I have ceased to add sugar.