Root Beer Float Honeybush

Cream, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 3 g 12 oz / 368 ml

Available from 1 seller.

• “So, I turned this into my own little float by adding a dollop of whipping cream to the top. Oh my goodness! Sooooo good. 2.25 tsp in 12 oz. Tasted like I underleafed a bit, even though I used...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1146 tasting notes
  • “This is a little more muted than normal but still quite good. I have one more cup worth left but I think this will be a restock. I have so few caffeine free options that I enjoy and so i think this...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2014 tasting notes
  • “It took me over three hours to fall asleep last night, so even though I doubt caffeine is the problem (most likely anxiety and/or an over-thinking brain), I'm going to start the day off with...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 851 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm! I picked out some really good, non-fruity caffeine free teas to enjoy this evening. This was one of them! Mmm, yummy! I dread the day that this is a sipdown. Thankfully I have quite a bit...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2175 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Root Beer Float utilizes our caffeine-free Organic Honeybush base. This naturally sweet honeybush is enhanced with a mouthwatering root beer flavor that gives way to a creamy vanilla flavor that lingers. Gentle citrus, honey, and woody notes are also present. We recommend adding a touch of brown crystal sugar for a wonderful late night dessert treat.

Ingredients: Organic Honeybush, Organic Lotus Stamens, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 5 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of honeybush for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit: http://www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

2.25 tsp in 12 oz. Tasted like I underleafed a bit, even though I used enough according to the instructions.

Flavors: Cream

NayLynn

That sounds wonderful with the whipped cream

OMGsrsly

It’s really good with coconut as well. :)

2014 tasting notes

This is a little more muted than normal but still quite good. I have one more cup worth left but I think this will be a restock. I have so few caffeine free options that I enjoy and so i think this is necessary to keep around.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Courtney

You’re making this one so tempting, even despite my general dislike of rooibos.

VariaTEA

I can send some along when I grab some more. I am waiting for the Amoda teas to be posted on the site to place my order though.

Courtney

I will probably place an order soon, so I’ll probably request this one as a sample :)

Thanks for the offer :)

VariaTEA

No problem. I am always happy to share :)

Butiki Teas

VariaTea-The Amoda Teas were added to our website on Sunday. Amoda should be sharing the link for purchase soon. So, you may want to keep an eye on their social media.

VariaTEA

Really? I have been checking the site daily and can’t find them. They are hiding it seems.

Butiki Teas

Pretty much. They aren’t in the tea section. They have a special link, so the only way to find them is through Amoda posting the address since Amoda customers are getting first access to them since they are exclusive custom blends.

It took me over three hours to fall asleep last night, so even though I doubt caffeine is the problem (most likely anxiety and/or an over-thinking brain), I’m going to start the day off with something caffeine-free.

I normally can’t deal with honeybush or rooibos blends because they tend to be far too woodsy for me, but I couldn’t pass up the root beer. Dry, this is a dead ringer for creamy root beer.

After six minutes, I thought I’d test it out. After stirring the tea before pouring it into my cup, I licked the teaspoon and it tasted like creamy vanilla. Ok, so far so good. No overly powerful base. Yet.

But the first sip was far too woodsy for me. Even more so than I would expect from a honeybush. The root beer was there but was struggling to remain noticed amongst the honeybush frenemies.

Hmm, let’s experiment and put some half and half in this. By far better. The half and half simultaneously dampens the base and brings out the root beer flavouring. Kind of like drinking a root beer float. Yay!

I’ll be drinking it like this from now on, and will even try my other rooibos/honeybush blends with some half and half.

Now to think about what to brew to take to the library with me.

Stephanie

Oof, that’s a LONG time to be attempting to fall asleep…

TheTeaFairy

Not that it helps in any ways, but you know I feel for you and understand :-)
I’ve tried the no caffeine thing and I know that’s not the problem for me. But you never know, if you’ve never tried. To really know, you have to do no caffeine for about a week, man that was hard and all for nothing. I was tea-less for a whole week!

Fjellrev

Aww, yeah, I wish no one in the entire world had to deal with this. I’ve done caffeine-free periods for a while and they don’t seem to matter either. I’ve had sleeping problems since I was 12 or so, really.

At least now you know that you can drink all the tea you want!

tigress_al

Sooooooooooo frustrating not sleeping :(

Mmmm!

I picked out some really good, non-fruity caffeine free teas to enjoy this evening. This was one of them! Mmm, yummy! I dread the day that this is a sipdown. Thankfully I have quite a bit left.

VariaTEA

It seems we are drinking the same thing yet again :P

Hot root beer? You better believe it.

This is so good.

gmathis

I love warm sassafras tea; this sounds like its fancy-schmancy counterpart :)

OMGsrsly

I’ve never had sassafras tea. Just soda. :)

gmathis

Goofy name but my favorite is Pappy’s Sassafras—it’s a concentrate (wonderful when you’re too tired to steep) that has all the questionable stuff (safrole) removed.

OMGsrsly

I’ve heard good things about that one! Have you written tasting notes about it? :) Probably almost impossible to find here, though. (West coast Canada)

OMGsrsly

Yeah, Amazon won’t ship it. Boo!

Dexter

OMGsrsly – I have a white strawberry sassafras tea from Tealux, that I don’t think is as bad as the ratings on here indicate. It’s strange for sure, but not horrible. If you would like a sample, just let me know.

OMGsrsly

Ooo. And there’s strawberry, too! Sold! :) (I love strawberries.)

gmathis

Yep, I have reviewed (and overreviewed—sometimes there’s only so much that needs to be said ;) With strawberry—-that sounds tasty!

Funnily enough, this one came to me shortly after i finished up the butterbeer tea from frank that i had. Now, i haven’t tried frank’s rootbeer float but THIS is easily a replacement for the butterbeer tea from him that i enjoyed. I’m looking forward to trying this one as a cold brew to see how that works. Stacy is still settling on steeping paramters, so for this attempt i went with 1tsp per 8oz and brewed for 5 mins. What i’m gifted with is a delicious cup of rootbeer tea! I even gave some to my other half who proclaimed that it was “not half bad…” glowing praise from him indeed :) I’ll have to try 1.5 tsp per 8oz next as i suspect that will bring out more of the “float” flavour. What i also really like about this version is that it’s not a black base. I need more honeybush/herbal/rooibos blends in my cupboard for the evenings that i’ve spent most of the day drinking a ton of caffeinated tea :) I think this one is a win stacy!

Cavocorax

Is this new? I think I’ll have to stock up as I loved Butterbeer.

CrowKettle

Excellent to hear about the Butterbeer comparison. I was hoping that would be the case.

Elonwy

Ooooo, I’d be too afraid to invest in a tea like this, risky indeed. I hear great things about Butiki, but I am super picky about flavors like this. I would also expect it to be a black tea base, which is interesting indeed. Is it an herbal base? It’s great that you liked it!

This is a honey bush base so it’s differs from the root beer versions I’ve had from 52 tea, which have been black when I’ve tried them. I’ve also tried some rooibos rootbeer blends that weren’t as delicious as this one. I want to try it a few other ways but I am digging this version a lot!

Crow – as long as butterbeer tastes like rootbeer to you, you should be good. Cause it just tastes like rootbeer to me :)

Cavo – it is….not up on the website yet but you CAN order it by asking Stacy heh

OMGsrsly

I am so excited to get mine! Soon. :)

tigress_al

Aw man, I really should have ordered this. Stacy asked me if I wanted to add it to my order and I said I would order it next time :(

TTBA #9
I understeeped this, it seems. Was rushing, as Dad asked me to make him a cup at the last minute (of another tea, don’t worry haha) and then Mum wanted one so I was scrambling to get things done before the water boiled. Anyhow.
Hmmm. What I ended up with was a very tasty, smooth, slightly bubbly chai rooibos. Quite enjoyable! but I won’t rate it, as I certainly didn’t get rootbeer, or “float” and it’s probably my own doing. C’est la vie?

Uh….way to steal tea from the tea box you purchased and is sitting at my house lol

Indigobloom

Oh!! well then. Hey that means I can add MOAR to the box! :O

Amariel

What is TTBA?

Travelling tea box A

Amariel

Gotcha!

Indigobloom

LOL what Sil said! Sorry, I haven’t been logged in much the last day or two!

Backlog from last night!

I got SO MANY teas in the mail yesterday- http://twitpic.com/dmlor5

This is the first one I decided to try. It does indeed taste like rootbeer! I’m really glad it was a honeybush and not a rooibos tea. I hate rooibos. I’m glad to have a few nice caffeine free teas around for evening consumption :)

Cavocorax

That’s an awesome haul!

Stephanie

It was epic! I’m not allowed to do any black Friday shopping now :P

Fjellrev

Nicely done!

mrmopar

I got some stuff coming too that I am going to be in trouble for too!

Sorry Root Beer honeybush! I enjoyed the first few sips of you and then was quickly consumed by fanigirlishness. And I never thought I’d be a fangirl, but I ship Johnlock so hard it’s all-consuming.

And I don’t care who knows it. :P

It started because I read this fic: https://archiveofourown.org/works/240332 (Seeds), and followed that up with this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiYyv_vQokw and now I just want to jump up and down and squeal and be the happiest.

So, in short, this tea was very good, but I don’t think any tea would be able to distract me when I’m so ridic happy.

Thanks to Stacy for a sample of this.
This is a tasty cup, very true to the root beer flavor & aroma, with vanilla ice cream mixed in there as well. Although it’s not something I would crave, & I’m grateful for the opportunity to sample it. Stacy is the master of creating amazing flavored brews, & this is definitely one of them.

yeah i like this cold – as a slushie haha

Terri HarpLady

Ooh, I bet that would be awesome!