Root Beer Float Honeybush

Cream, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 3 g 12 oz / 362 ml

Available from 1 seller.

• “So, I turned this into my own little float by adding a dollop of whipping cream to the top. Oh my goodness! Sooooo good. 2.25 tsp in 12 oz. Tasted like I underleafed a bit, even though I used...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1114 tasting notes
  • “This is a little more muted than normal but still quite good. I have one more cup worth left but I think this will be a restock. I have so few caffeine free options that I enjoy and so i think this...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1881 tasting notes
  • “It took me over three hours to fall asleep last night, so even though I doubt caffeine is the problem (most likely anxiety and/or an over-thinking brain), I'm going to start the day off with...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm! I picked out some really good, non-fruity caffeine free teas to enjoy this evening. This was one of them! Mmm, yummy! I dread the day that this is a sipdown. Thankfully I have quite a bit...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1811 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Root Beer Float utilizes our caffeine-free Organic Honeybush base. This naturally sweet honeybush is enhanced with a mouthwatering root beer flavor that gives way to a creamy vanilla flavor that lingers. Gentle citrus, honey, and woody notes are also present. We recommend adding a touch of brown crystal sugar for a wonderful late night dessert treat.

Ingredients: Organic Honeybush, Organic Lotus Stamens, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 5 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of honeybush for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit: http://www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

VariaTEA’s review of this tonight reminded me that I have this one in my cupboard, and it sounded really good to finish my evening. I really like this one. I added a little sugar and milk, which I rarely do, but it was exactly what I wanted tonight. Really sweet and creamy. Nommy nom nom nom. The extra milk I added really made it extra creamy, which actually satisfied my very real desire for ice cream.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 15 OZ / 443 ML
Suziqzer

Don’t you love when tea can take the place of dessert ?!?! I love my ice cream too!, but have found a nice cup of tea can often take it’s place in the evening.

Cheri

It doesn’t always work, but sometimes it sure does.

TheTeaFairy

Wow, great review :-)

TheTeaFairy

Haha! Cheri, I meant this comment for another review but that takes nothing away from yours :-)

Cheri

Hahah! I wondered. ;-)

OH.
MY.
GOSH.
THIS FREAKIN TEA SMELLS LIKE ROOT BEER FLOAT. LIKE LEGIT ROOT BEER FLOAT. NOT REGULAR ROOT BEER, BUT IT SMELLS LIKE LEGIT ROOT BEER WITH A SCOOP OF VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAM.
THANKS A TON TO NAYLYNN FOR SENDING ME SOME OF THIS TEA BECAUSE OH MY GOSH I SMELLS AMAZING DRY AND AS IT STEEPS AND IT TASTES LIKE ROOT BEER FLOAT OH MY GOSH IT EVEN HAS THE CARBONATION FEEL TO IT
I’M GOING TO KEEP THIS TEA FOREVER AND I’M LEGIT GOING TO CRY IF I EVER RUN OUT HOW HAVE I LIVED LIFE WITHOUT THIS TEA

110% WOULD RECOMMEND. THIS TEA IS FREAKIN PERFECT

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
Memily

actual lol, exceptional review

TTB&C #12

Holy Root beer! This is LOVE at first sip. I think by the time I finally getting around to putting in a Butiki order again I am going to have to take out a small loan to order all the teas that are gathering on my “wish list”.

This tea is exactly as promised. Delicious root beer and cream mixed with the warm soothing honeybush. I added a bit of sugar and a tad bit of milk. Another huge thanks to NayLynn( for including a sample of this one!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love free samples with my order! Thanks Stacy!
This tea didn’t smell like much when dry, but once steeped it is root beer explosion! The flavor is really dead on. I get a tiny bit of rooibos flavor and it seems to only add to the authenticity of the whole thing. I was enjoying it unsweetened and decided to add some sugar to amp it up. The amount I added didn’t make it better, but before the last gulp I added a little more and that seemed to work. It is like there is a sugar dead zone where it works in reverse making it less enjoyable. I’m liking this one and will have to consider picking some up on my next order.

Second soda-related tea of the evening! This one I’d not tried before, but it’s been lurking in my stash trying to catch my eye for a while now, and I figured it was time to give it a chance. I used 1.5 tsp of leaf and a piece of crystal sugar, and gave it 5 minutes. No milk this time, although it might be worth trying in future. The scent dry and while brewing isn’t putting me overwhelmingly in mind of root beer – I’m getting mainly rooibos.

I guess that’s why my first sip of the brewed tea is such a surprise. It’s a fairly dead-on recreation of a root beer float! The the slightly spicy, distinctive root beer flavour comes out in the initial sip, and then a delightful creaminess, just like vanilla ice cream, develops in the aftertaste. There’s also something that’s reminiscent of carbonation, a slightly bubbly fizziness on the tongue, although I have no idea how that’s achieved or where it comes from! This is a subtle tea, and the rooibos is relatively prominent, but the flavouring is just too good, and too accurate, for me to really want to quibble. This will be an enjoyable addition to my evening rotation, and possibly one I’ll look to restock.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

This is really root beer flavored. Tastes like root beer.
There is something about these “soda” teas that I don’t like – seems like they all have something in them to make them feel “fizzy” – whatever that is, I don’t like it. It doesn’t work for me. This would be fine if it were just “flat” rootbeer. Oh well thank you TheTeaFairy for another interesting tea.