Irish Breakfast

Malt, Baked Bread, Cream, Caramel, Honey, Sweet Potatoes
Edit tea info Last updated by Butiki Teas

From Butiki Teas

Our Irish Breakfast combines our Khongea Golden Tippy Assam and Hattialli Golden Lion Assam with our Organic Ceylon. This strong malty breakfast tea has chocolate, raisin, oak, tobacco, and bready notes with a citrus finish. Irish Breakfast is smooth and sweet with a light astringent finish. We recommend adding an additional 1/2 teaspoon of tea per serving when used with milk or sugar or if a stronger brew is preferred.

Ingredients: Khongea Golden Tippy Assam, Organic Ceylon, Hattialli Golden Lion Assam

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

1976 tasting notes

Sipdown (129/136)!

Made in my timolino, with added milk. I don’t know what I did but this cup was so weird and different from any of the others I’ve had previously. Seriously, there were some drastically different flavour notes present.

In addition to the bread/malt notes I normally get, there were some very distinct and powerful notes of honey, caramel, and sweet potato! That last one is particularly exciting to me; I LOVE Sweet Potatoes and this was the most sweet potato-y taste I’ve gotten in any tea I’ve had thus far; and I don’t think it’s really supposed to?

So very weird; not sure what happened – but a nice and unexpected way to finish off this one. Thanks again Courtney for passing more along to me a while back!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Caramel, Honey, Malt, Sweet Potatoes

Terri HarpLady

I love sweet potato

Loved this nice strong cup of full leaf Irish breakfast tea. I made a pot of it for the family and only told them it was Irish breakfast so they assumed it was the same blend we usually have. I got two comments of “What tea is this again? It’s really good.” Thanks Stacy for yet another amazing blend!

Boiling
TheTeaFairy

Haha! Way to go , nothing lime a good tea trick!

So, I told myself that I’d try this Irish Breakfast out tomorrow morning for breakfast, but I couldn’t resist trying it out now. I’m so glad I did.

This is delicious! Malty and smooth, with a hint of astringency. A bit of sweetness, too. Quite a polite Irish Breakfast, unlike some others I’ve had that were more of a kick-in-the-face-and-yell-my-brain-awake type breakfast teas. I’ll probably brew this on the stronger end for the mornings.

A nice, robust (yet relatively smooth when I steeped it at around 190-F), malty tasting tea. I use it for straight forward, classic tasting iced tea. I bet it is good as a latte as well, will have to try that.

This was a nice quality full leaf, and it brewed up quite nicely…but there was no real malt to it. I tried this with a splash of 2% milk, which is how I enjoy my morning cup of Assam. So, nothing at all wrong with the quality, just not the one for me.

First tasting note!! Irish Breakfast is one of my staples. This one was a little weak for me and not too much flavor but I still liked it and would buy it again.

I’m not usually a breakfast blend sorta girl, preferring to go right for m y Tiger Assam for the roughest of mornings, but I am surrounded by samples that are demanding attention. So here goes!

y eyes are still lidded and heavy because I didn’t sleep enough the past 2 days, but I don’t think I can blame the tea for that. It’s trying it’s best.

It’s really dark and malty, and I think I’m getting bread notes from it as well. It’s an interesting mix! I suspect it’ll taste better once it cools a bit. I might just add a splash of milk to it to help it cool so I can get more wake-up-juice in me STAT! (235)

…the other one from Terri in my morning comparison. This one is just a little more smooth than the malty irish breakfast, and therefore wins me over just a little bit more. This is a smooth, strong cup of tea that makes me happy.

Terri HarpLady

and your happiness makes me happy! :)

This was a surprise sample from a swap with Courtney – she very kindly sent me no less than two irish breakfast mixes and a couple other surprises. The tealux cream irish breakfast was a hit, and this one, while a much more classic breakfast mix it´s also a winner.

This is a much more classic breakfast mix and a really lovely one. I do not love it quite at the level of my current breakfast infatuation (Mariage Freres´s American Breakfast) which seems to be just a bit more everything including more chocolatey (without actually having any cocoa on it) but this would definetely be very welcome on my tea shelf.

Ysaurella

this one was a miss for me, too bitter but may need to retry with a lower temperature and quicker steep

cteresa

I added sweetener and milk, which is probably so inappropriate but something I need if I am doing a breakfast blend for breakfast. I did not notice the bitterness then, it was lovely indeed (though american breakfast is still top rated for me!)

Grr! There are beagles (from god knows where) running all over the neighborhood and yapping nonstop, and our bullmastiffs think they absolutely have to eat them and are thundering around the house bellowing.

I’ve had this sample from Butiki for forever and never paid any mind until last night, as I was working on my program notes and decided to go with a peppy black tea.

I did the 212 degrees at 3.5 minutes like Stacy said, and it was actually quite a pleasant cup. My understanding of Irish Breakfast is that it’s supposed to be quite strong (my one other Irish Breakfast was QUITE strong), but last night’s cup was rather mellow. A bit of that breakfast-tea almost-not-quite-mushroominess, but really no astringency. Not sure if it’s what you’re looking for in a breakfast tea, but no complaints from me.

I did a resteep this morning for about 5 minutes. It was a tad bit stronger at first, but with the subsequent sips it’s mellowed.

And now for one of the pieces I’m doing notes on. The third movement (the first one in this vid) took my breath away. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTAMISjMLS0

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Anna

I had to reread this three times, because I thought it said, ‘bagels’ (still in breakfast mode) and it was really confusing to me that they’d be running all over the neighbourhood.

K S

Anna you just put a very funny image in my head. :) We have a chihuahua mix so Spike just has stay in when the neighbors dogs run the neighborhood. There are leash laws but the neighbors ignore them. Kind of makes me wish I had bull mastiffs to accidentally on purpose turn loose.

Butiki Teas

Anna-Hahaha, I had the same issue. How could anyone be angry at bagels?

Fjellrev

Is there a bylaw where you are that pets should be on leashes?

TeaKlutz

OMG Anna that is too funny. Fjellrev – I have no idea if there’s any kind of law like that out here or not. If there is, our neighbors (and just people living within the general 1-mile radius) don’t seem to know or give a hoot. :P