Birthday Cake

Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Butiki Teas

2 Images

From Butiki Teas

We paired our naturally lightly sweet Organic Marshmallow Leaf base with creamy cake and frosting flavors. With a little bit of sugar, this herbal transforms into a rich vanilla frosting and decadent cake flavor. Naturally caffeine-free, this herbal is smooth with a weighty mouth feel that is perfect for a late night treat. Please research all precautions before consuming any herbal tisane.

Ingredients: Organic Marshmallow Leaf, Safflower, Organic Cornflowers, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavorings (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 5 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of Birthday Cake for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit http://www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

Got this as a surprise sample in my last butiki teas order. This tea was so pretty in the sample packet I almost didn’t want to drink it. It reminds me of really good vanilla icing

Great Canadian Travelling Tea Box (pt.1)
I had this tea on Jan 29th

Dry Leaf: This herbal tisane is a wonderful burst of colors. The leaves apparently, I found out, are marshmallow leaves. The tea is sprinkled with blue, green, red, and is so wonderful to look upon. The red safflowers are gorgeous and have a sweet, flowery scent.

Steeped: The water is a nice and bright yellow. I didn’t really notice a scent, except for some subtle scents of mint. The taste of the tea also seemed to be minty, as well as a lemon-y and vanilla taste. I wouldn’t say that this tea tasted like birthday cake, but it was still a good tea to have tried.

First cup! This is such a pretty tea, with its soft green leaves and yellow, blue and red flowers. Gorgeous! Just looking at it makes me think of balloons and birthdays. This was my last cup of the evening, so I was looking for a light, delicate, herbal tea. This fit the bill perfectly. I followed the recommended steeping guidelines for my first cup — 5 minutes in boiling water, with about 1.5 tsp of leaf.

This tea does have a very delicate flavour, but it’s there. I can taste mostly vanilla, a slight creaminess…it is very much like traditional vanilla-sponge birthday cake. I only have a small bag of this, so it’s one I’m going to have to savour at least a little bit. It’s totally yummy.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I received this as a sample in my order. Thank you Stacy!

My first impression of this tea: It’s quite pleasant! Very mild, vanilla-ey, and sweet without needing to add anything. However, after adding a touch of honey, a bit more of that ‘cake’ flavour does come out. I do find it’s a little too mild for my tastes. I’m not sure I would ever crave this one, but I’m glad I got a chance to try it nonetheless! :)