Birthday Cake

Herbal Tea
Butter, Cake, Marshmallow, Sweet, Vanilla, Frosting, Spices, Cream, Powdered sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

2 Images

• “After Stacy shared earlier today that we can order more from her in larger quantities, I decided to break out the hoarded stash of this tonight. Just as delicious as before! Even more so, perhaps. ” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1114 tasting notes
  • “So I can see where this blend is going, trying to be all mild and vanill-y and delicate, but it's too delicate for me. At the end of the night I want something stronger before bed. I'm not too...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1678 tasting notes
  • “So final verdict on this one? I don't want it. Not, i don't like it because i DO like the flavouring but to me this is really just creamy eggnog without the bits that make it creamy eggnog. IE....” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4875 tasting notes
  • “Om nom nom. Tea. And it's my birthday, happy birthday to me. The other teas I had today were matcha macaron with white chocolate too-soft-ganache at breakfast, and a green tea latte at sbux....” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1426 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

We paired our naturally lightly sweet Organic Marshmallow Leaf base with creamy cake and frosting flavors. With a little bit of sugar, this herbal transforms into a rich vanilla frosting and decadent cake flavor. Naturally caffeine-free, this herbal is smooth with a weighty mouth feel that is perfect for a late night treat. Please research all precautions before consuming any herbal tisane.

Ingredients: Organic Marshmallow Leaf, Safflower, Organic Cornflowers, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavorings (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 5 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of Birthday Cake for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit http://www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

Got this as a surprise sample in my last butiki teas order. This tea was so pretty in the sample packet I almost didn’t want to drink it. It reminds me of really good vanilla icing

Too weak for me, and the sweet sugary confection-like flavor begins to bother me after the first few sips.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea was an add on to my last order from Butiki because it was *Stacy*’s birthday and I thought it was appropriate. Plus, I just kept reading reviews about the “frosting” in this tea.

Okay, people, you were right. This tea does taste like a white birthday cake with sweet, creamy vanilla frosting (once I added just a little bit of sugar to it.) (And don’t get me wrong, it was nice without the sugar, but the sugar really brought this tea to life.)

While normally I would prefer a chocolate birthday cake for myself, sometimes I wind up out with a friend who prefers to celebrate their day with white cake. It’s not normal or right, but it’s their choice, so I play along. And usually I enjoy my cake a lot. This cake was even better than those cakes. No, it wasn’t the chocolate cake with buttercream frosting of my dreams, but it was a delicious cake nonetheless.

Cameron B.

I love this one, and it’s so cheap too! And caffeine-free! :D

boychik

Chocolate cake for me too. And everything chocolate ;)

Cheri

That was why I added it, it was so inexpensive. It doesn’t taste cheap, though. It’s yummy!!!!!!

Cameron B.

I’m actually a vanilla cake girl! I do love chocolate, just not as much in cake. :P

Cheri

Cake should be chocolate.

mj

Cheri’s right, cake should be chocolate! And so should everything else :). I lol’d at the “it’s not normal or right” bit

christeana1

Ohhh…it sounds yummy! I only like chocolate cake if its in the form of a whoopie pie!

My last Butiki sample from Mandy! This is actually one of the teas I’ve been most excited to try since I discovered Stacy’s website, and I ordered it in today’s sale. It’s very light and fluffy, mostly marshmallow leaf with various colored flower petals mixed in. Smells vaguely sweet and vanilla-esque.

This actually reminds me a lot of chamomile – it has that same musty, sweet floral taste. It’s very odd, considering there’s no chamomile in this blend… There’s also vanilla there, and a bit of butter. The whole thing is quite creamy and thick in texture.

I like this a lot! I can’t get over how similar it is to chamomile… I stopped buying chamomile blends because they’re just such a pain in the ass to brew. All those little tiny pollen strand things get stuck everywhere. But this is a nice alternative to that! Hooray!

Flavors: Butter, Cake, Marshmallow, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Sarsonator

Very interesting. I can’t believe you don’t like eating chamomile bits in your tea!

Fluffy Buttercream Icing…… without hurting my teeth :) I think I will listen and try it with a sprinkle of sugar when my order comes in.

Happy Birthday Stacy! Happy I got a chance to try this on your b-day before ordering it today.

Butiki Teas

Thanks! :)

Cheri

I added this one to my order on Friday. I haven’t had it yet, but I figured it was meant to be.

NayLynn

Yes, it was. I hope you enjoy it also. I would have got some even if I had not had a chance to try it, just maybe not as much.

Just popping into say something short and sweet about this tea.

It tastes like cake icing and cake. Well done! The array of leaves and flowers is beautiful and festive. It makes me feel like it’s my birthday when I sit down to drink it. I feel special.

It’s not my usual cup of tea to drink flavored tisanes, but this one is nice if you like this type of flavor. Myself, whenever I see something flavored like something I like better, it just makes me want the something better… i.e. spare me the caramel creme brulee coffee creamer and give me some caramel creme brulee! Or… rather than cake flavored tea… give me some tea!

I mostly requested this sample out of curiosity and because it is beautiful. But… if for some reason I couldn’t eat cake… maybe for dietary or health reasons, I feel like this drink would satisfy my craving more than not having anything at all. I’d drink it on my birthday!

Flavors: Cake, Frosting

This is a pleasant tisane, if not an outstanding one. It’s light and very sweet, even without any sugar added, and I’m getting vanilla frosting more than cake itself. I do wish it had more in the way of pastry notes, but as it is it’s still an enjoyable caffeine-free option (if not a standout like Butiki’s Peppermint Patty).

Finally beginning to try the teas from my Butiki order! I’ve been so excited but haven’t had time to try them. So this is the first. (:
I’ve never seen a tea like this before, it’s so soft and fluffy. It’s pretty cute. :P
As for how it tasted…this tasting note may or may not be super accurate.
I didn’t look at what time it was when I began steeping it because the power went randomly out. It didn’t take long to get my power on again, but I still am not sure if I over steeped it or not. xD If I did it was just a few minutes, but I don’t know.
Not sure that this tea reminds me of Birthday Cake…I can taste the vanilla and some kind of spice that I can’t exactly place.
Not really what I expected, but it’s not bad. It tastes familiar but I can’t think of what it reminds me of right now. >< It’s not a very strong tea, in any way, so not sure how much I can re-steep it. Guess I’ll find out!
Anywho, glad I tried it. (:

Flavors: Spices, Vanilla

Mandy

To me it tastes like vanilla icing, like the thinner home made kind with confectioners sugar. It’s got that distinct powdered sugar taste. And also vaguely eggy. And for me it resteeped almost the same as the first steep.

Ost

I wish it tasted more like icing to me xD

Mandy

Sweetener dear sweetener xD

I had the chance to drink only one sip of this before running off to do other things, and by the time I came back to my cup it was cold. BUT, that one sip was very very enjoyable: a very light tea, with a delicate flavour, which is the qualities I look for in actual cake. Good news: none of that odd flavouring that seems to be in every single cake flavoured tea I’ve tried.. The second best cake tea I have had. Because number one is Butiki’s Red Queen Cupcake :)

Ok, actually legitimately my last tea of the night.

Yup; still no regrets about buying this one. It’s so interesting, and soft yet full of rich vanilla cake-y flavour! I made it in my glass perfect mug and it was so pretty. Yeah, not much to add other than if you haven’t had this one before and you like fluffy vanilla teas that are safe for late night consumption then you should totes mcgoats buy this one.

Totes McGoats.

Flavors: Cake, Vanilla

VariaTEA

I am so glad you like this one :)

Cavocorax

I want to name my next cat Totes McGoats.