Herbal Tea
Butter, Marshmallow, Sweet, Vanilla, Cake, Frosting, Herbs, Spices, Cream, Powdered sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

2 Images

• “After Stacy shared earlier today that we can order more from her in larger quantities, I decided to break out the hoarded stash of this tonight. Just as delicious as before! Even more so, perhaps.” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1370 tasting notes
  • “So I can see where this blend is going, trying to be all mild and vanill-y and delicate, but it’s too delicate for me. At the end of the night I want something stronger before bed. I’m...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “So final verdict on this one? I don’t want it. Not, i don’t like it because i DO like the flavouring but to me this is really just creamy eggnog without the bits that make it creamy...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6862 tasting notes
  • “Om nom nom. Tea. And it’s my birthday, happy birthday to me. The other teas I had today were matcha macaron with white chocolate too-soft-ganache at breakfast, and a green tea latte at...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 2039 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

We paired our naturally lightly sweet Organic Marshmallow Leaf base with creamy cake and frosting flavors. With a little bit of sugar, this herbal transforms into a rich vanilla frosting and decadent cake flavor. Naturally caffeine-free, this herbal is smooth with a weighty mouth feel that is perfect for a late night treat. Please research all precautions before consuming any herbal tisane.

Ingredients: Organic Marshmallow Leaf, Safflower, Organic Cornflowers, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavorings (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 5 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of Birthday Cake for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit

About Butiki Teas View company

Got this as a surprise sample in my last butiki teas order. This tea was so pretty in the sample packet I almost didn’t want to drink it. It reminds me of really good vanilla icing

I tried this as a cold brew just to see what would happen to the flavour.
It was actually really good this way. Sweet, light, and airy. I don’t think it was really “birthday cake like” but this tea is a year and a half old, so it has probably lost some flavour.
I found this to be an interesting tisane with the marshmallow leaf. It was something that I hadn’t really tried before (that I remember).

I’ve been meaning to try this tea for a long time. Today is the day! The brewed tea aroma is herbal. I can definitely smell the marshmallow root, which I believe is the base for this tea. First sip is a little lackluster. It just tastes like sweet marshmallow root. I’m going to add a bit of Truvia to see if I can coax out more cake flavor, although I suppose that risks making it too sweet.

It is very sweet now. I can imagine this tastes like white cake, but let’s be honest. I don’t think tea can taste like cake. A lot of what makes cake, well, cake is the airy fluffy buttery texture. Tea simply can’t replicate that. This is probably as close as it gets. The more I sip it, the more I notice resemblances to cake. This is good but not remarkably good. I have to say after all the rave reviews, I’m a little underwhelmed. I think my expectations were too high.

If I moderate my expectations, this is an enjoyable tea. I love that it’s caffeine free. It will satisfy my sweet tooth cravings on those days when all I want to do is stuff my face with cake. In that respect, this is a great alternative to the real deal. Now I’m off to celebrate because today is a big day! It’s my baby’s 4 month birthday!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

happy mini 4 monthday to your little girl :) she is very cute

Too cute!!

sings a la Jeremih
It’s my birthday so you know I want to try-y-y-y-y
This tea unlike any other ki-i-i-i-i-ind
Sip it good, and you can tell it’s fi-i-i-i-i-i-ine
The one that you can no longer buy-y-y-y-y-y

Birthday Cake
Birthday Cake (it’s that Butiki, girl)
Birthday Cake
Birthday Cake (if it’s hot, then I got, just give me that Butiki, girl)

ahahahahah this had me cracking up xD

I really want to sing this and it’s not even my birthday

I get a little weird sometimes :P

I tend to be weird also. Just ask my friends and family. :D

I was so excited to try this Butiki classic, thanks to The Cookie Lady! This is another winner: light and sweet with a lovely buttery vanilla flavor. As an added bonus, the dry leaf is GORGEOUS with lots of fluffy green leaves and colorful flower petals. One more reason to miss Butiki…

Flavors: Butter, Marshmallow, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I will miss this one a lot.

Always wanted to try this one. :( RIP Butiki

This may have been the most colorful tea I have ever had!
I really enjoyed it’s taste; for me it was more of a creamy flower taste, whatever that means…
I had high expectations because this tea sold out a few times based off of my observation of Butiki’s store but when I ended up trying it I realized that it wasn’t my kind of tea. This tea was still nice, but it didn’t provide the taste I was looking for when I looked at it or smelled it

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I know the recommendation was to add sugar, but I like to try most of my teas plain first to get a good baseline – don’t worry, I’m not going to rate it yet.

As it stands I’m definitely not getting anything like birthday cake from it, though the tea has a mildly sweet, slightly buttery flavour that is quite nice. I’m not getting an overwhelmingly ‘herbal’ flavour than accompanies many tisanes and it goes down quite smoothly without drying out my mouth. I bet this blend would be great with my homemade orange/vanilla simple syrup, I’ll have to test that theory soon.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This is now my second birthday tea of the day :) While this is very good and something I’d very much enjoy drinking on a daily basis (if I could afford it and if Butiki weren’t closing), it doesn’t taste like cake to me. It moreso tastes like delicate vanilla or marshmallow. I’m just having it hot and plain. Maybe cold or with a little cream and sugar? I still have enough of the sample for another cup. I’ll be trying it again!

Thanks for the sample, NayLynn!

My birthday and lunar eclipse tea. I brewed this and went outside to watch end of the total lunar eclipse. The smells sweet and herbal. There is some vanilla cake frosting taste. Mainly this tea is like herbal cake frosting. Interesting, and goes with my lunar event.

Flavors: Cake, Frosting, Herbs, Vanilla

Happy Birthday! I watched the end of the eclipse, too. It was really pretty.

Happy birthday Lariel!! Hope you have a good one :)

Happy Birthday, Lariel!

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday my friend!

Butiki Teas

I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Sounds like it was a great start. :)

Happy birthday, Lariel! Hope it’s a great day. :)

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!! Hope you’re having a fantastic day!!

Are you kidding me? I hadn’t reviewed this before either?? UGGH. Anyhow, Birthday Cake. Fun concept, but by far not my favourite Butiki blend. Perhaps I don’t care overly for marshmallow leaf? Either way, I found this tea to be ok if one overleafs quite a bit, but rather baseless if not – the marshmallow leaf just doesn’t provide enough base for the flavours, I guess. The tea does develop quite a thick mouthfeel if you use a lot of leaf, which is interesting… Anyways, flavourwise this is mostly just sweet and creamy, which is perfect given the name, but I prefer the flavourings with Creamy Eggnog.