Fuding Silver Needle

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “I am the first to review this! The dry leaves are fuzzy, long, and beautiful. This is a very light tasting tea. I am getting mostly hay and honey notes with some slight nutty notes. The...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 802 tasting notes
  • “Thanks for the sample with my order, Stacy! The long, fuzzy needles are so cool looking. I agree with tigress_al that this is a very light tasting tea. On the first steep, I picked up floral...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 386 tasting notes
  • “500th tasting note! This is also my last Butiki sample, although I've no shortage of Butiki teas to be trying so it's not too sad. This is probably one of the most distinctive white teas I've...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 940 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Our Fuding Silver Needle originates from Fuding in the Fujian province of Southern China and utilizes the Fu Ding Da Bai varietal. Silver Needle is also known as Bai Hao Yinzhen. This special grade is plucked by hand for only a couple days each spring. The leaves are sun dried and carefully shaped. Sweet prominent honey notes are immediately noticed and linger long after each sip. Hay, green bean, floral, and almond notes are also present. Fuding Silver Needle is delicate, fresh, and has a weighty mouth feel. Milk or sugar should not be added to this tea.

Ingredients: Chinese White Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 tablespoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F degrees

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

I am the first to review this! The dry leaves are fuzzy, long, and beautiful.

This is a very light tasting tea. I am getting mostly hay and honey notes with some slight nutty notes. The mouthfeel is smooth, and almost seems silkier in the resteep. This is a nice white tea, it would be good for those days that I want something light and unflavoured. It seems that I am craving straight teas more and more as I taste higher quailty teas.

Resteeped for 4.5 minutes

Thanks for the sample with my order, Stacy!

The long, fuzzy needles are so cool looking. I agree with tigress_al that this is a very light tasting tea. On the first steep, I picked up floral and green bean notes. It doesn’t taste weak per se, but it’s too light for my taste. The second steep is better for me – thicker mouthfeel, stronger green bean note that I’m strangely enjoying. I think I might just prefer more robust flavor in my straight teas – perhaps a longer initial steep would have been good.

500th tasting note!

This is also my last Butiki sample, although I’ve no shortage of Butiki teas to be trying so it’s not too sad. This is probably one of the most distinctive white teas I’ve tried. I definitely get green bean in the initial sip, and then quite a heavy floral. There’s something slightly nutty in the aftertaste, too. It’s very smooth, for all that, and has a very light liquor colour, but the tea itself tastes weighty and substantial. That’s not something I’m really used to encountering in a white tea.

I’m not sure that this is one I’d want to keep around all the time — the combination of flavours is just a little too odd for that. It has shown me how unique and varied white teas can be, though. I’m really looking forward to trying some of the others in my cupboard, now!

grats on hitting 500!!

tigress_al

Congrats on 500 notes!
Personally, I love white teas!!