The Black Lotus

Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 4 g 12 oz / 359 ml

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

This English Breakfast blend combines the best of three worlds, including some of our favorite teas from three different regions. Our Premium Taiwanese Assam adds chocolate and raisin notes and delivers a delicious malty flavor, while the Giddapahar Darjeeling Extra Special conveys almond, jasmine, and citrus notes. Finally, the Congou Keemun adds a touch of earthiness and mushroom notes. These premium teas blend well together to create a complex malty yet smooth breakfast tea that merits the name The Black Lotus.

Ingredients: Premium Taiwanese Assam, Giddapahar Darjeeling Extra Special, Congou Keemun

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F degrees

For more information, please visit: http://www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

This is Butiki’s version of an English Breakfast tea. EB is generally not the sweet spot for me but this tea is. It has far more complexity than your usual EB. It is more medium-bodied and something I believe I prefer in the afternoon rather than as a morning tea. There is a bit of malt from the assam, a bit of sparkle mid-tongue from the darj and a nice, grounded bottom from the keemun to balance it all out. Overall, this tea is about balance to me. As it cools, there is a delicate, pretty floral waft up into my nose and really pleasant sweetness. My overall impression is that this tea is sweet and lovely with a bit of bottom and a bit of sparkle. Like LaVern Baker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-s_TTKlIGE
This is happy tea.
More on my blog : http://mizzprissy.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/the-black-lotus-butiki-teas/

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Butiki Teas

Hi There-Would you mind PMing me? I can’t seem to message you.

This tea is very nicely balanced, plenty of flavor but never harsh or overwhelming. Honey is the predominant note for me, you won’t need to add much sweetener if any!

I finished my sample of Black Lotus this morning because A. It’s a great breakfast tea, especially when you want to add bit of luxury to your morning and B. I dreamed last night that I got an email that my Butiki order had shipped and would be delivered the same day. This filled me with joy in dreamland. Do you see what you’ve done to me, steepster? I’m now dreaming about tea.

When I got to work I found that I actually did have an email from Butiki stating that my order had shipped! It won’t be delivered today though because that is only possible in my dreams. Still, I’m quite pleased.

keychange

hahahahahah!!

A sad sipdown.

I’ll miss this. Deliciously malty and smooth. Makes mornings easier to work through, coming from a person who is very much not a morning person. I do plan on restocking once I get my tea box further under control, haha.

Chocolatey and deep, slightly astringent (the type of astringent you WANT in a ‘breakfast’ type tea…)…..like brown sugar quick bread, with caramelized crispy edges…. smooth and bold.
This was just a sample with my last order, and I drank it as a pick me up before dinner, since my husband wanted to try it as well…. made two cups/steeps, and while I liked the first cup more (that deep chocolate note is incredible…), the second cup was really great, too, with a more pronounced citrus.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
ifjuly

my favorite English Breakfast of all time. yum!

What a delicious cup of morning pick me up! I received this tea as a bonus through an order I made with Butiki a couple of weeks ago and am just now getting around to trying it… Lazy sunday morning, slight chill in the air, book, bed, cup of tea… do sunday mornings get any better than this??? I had to add milk and a touch of sugar to the tea but this just amps up the flavor in my opinion. I think I may have found a new lazy sunday breakfast tea staple

I’m off work this week, so I’ve been having mornings that are a lot more leisurely than usual. That’s probably why I’ve been reaching for this tea as my breakfast drink of choice, rather than my usual strong, tar-like choices. It’s a gentle wake-up tea if ever there was one, but still packs a lot of flavour. It’s malty, slightly floral…a really nice way to begin the day.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Stephanie

Yum I haven’t tried this one yet

I’ve done a terrible thing, and ordered this tea. When I first kept seeing reviews for Butiki tea here at Steepster I snuck off for a look but was scared away by the price of some of the teas, seemed pretty high for black tea.

Anyway, several teas later I broke down and decided to try Black Lotus, wondering what could be so great about it considering the price. Well, today it arrived and now I know, it’s the nicest black tea I’ve drunk. Ever.

It’s smooth, malty in the way I love, with a lingering aftertaste that sits on the tongue and stays delicious. I tend to associate “aftertaste” with bad things but this is delicious.

My wallet won’t thank me, but my mouth will.

Flavors: Malt

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 25 OZ / 750 ML

excellent. just right for drizzly gloomy morning. Resteeps beautifully.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML