Champagne & Rose Cream

Champagne, Creamy, Rose, Sweet, White Wine, Cream, Floral
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

Our luxurious Champagne & Rose Cream pairs our Glenburn Silver Needle with sweet champagne, fresh cream, and delicate rose notes. The initial sip delivers a lingering sweetness and tang of champagne. Rose and cream notes remain long after each sip. The malty flavor of the Silver Needle tea adds to the champagne flavor and there is a bubbliness that can be felt on the tongue. With each continuing sip the rose and cream notes become stronger. We recommend drinking this tea at a cooler temperature.

Ingredients: Glenburn Silver Needle, Rosebuds, Amaranth, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

warning…this is a really long note. I talk about the tea first, and then I talk about my day.

I needed a good tea tonight, and I decided to try this one. Hopefully, there’s not enough caffeine to keep me up. I usually don’t have too much trouble with whites and greens.

I open up the packet and I’m blown away by how beautiful this tea smells. Rosy. And I can smell the white, too. I love the way dry white tea smells. It goes really well with the rose.

I made myself a huge mugful of this. I’m glad I did.

I love rose teas. I know, not everyone does. I do. I hate girly and pink things. I love roses. I love the color of this tea, much deeper than I thought it would be. The aroma is all rose and honestly, a slightly sweet champagne. It really does have a similar aroma to a nice sparkling wine. Definitely not a brut, but something a little sweeter.

A sip. Rose, cream, white tea…bubbles? Really? Not quite, but the feel from the white tea does kind of lend that same feeling. It really does.

This base tea, the Glenburn silver needle, is really nice. It goes great with the rose and cream and gives it that champagne feel. It’s just a little malty, nutty. Nice. I think I want to try this one on its own. (Note to self: Add it to your wishlist!) But the rose. Oh, how I love rose. It’s not cloying or fake or perfume. It’s perfect in this tea. I was a little nervous because there’s an awful lot of it in the tea.

Oh so yum.

This tea was exactly what I needed tonight.

Today started out to be a nice, kind of relaxing day. I was working from home because I had to take all the cats to the vet this afternoon. I took the first two for their vaccinations and yearly check up. Everything looks great, the vet says. I don’t even want to do blood work this year, even though they’re both almost 12. I don’t think they need it.

Great. I’ll just take these two home and get the next one. (My cats don’t all get along really well. The cat that was scheduled next is my scaredy cat. She is terrified of the other cats most of the time.)

Put “kids” in car, all safe in their carriers, buckled in. Pull out of spot, driving through parking lot.

BAM

Guy pulled out of a parking spot and hit me hard.

Yes, everyone is okay. Whew.

Car is not. Tire is now flat.

It’s pretty warm out, so I take the kids back to the vet and ask if I can leave them there for a little bit while the tire is being changed. No problem. Oh, and can I change the next appointment? I should be able to get the fourth cat in.

Only we can’t get the wheel lock off the wheel. The wheel lock nut I have…it doesn’t match the wheel lock on the car. Car is mostly new – just bought it in the fall. This is the sealed packet in the car that came with the car. It doesn’t match.

So I had to call a tow truck. More waiting. Call husband. He gets fourth cat and brings him up for his appointment.

Tow Truck still isn’t here. They take fourth kid back for his xray. (He has a mass in his lung that we’re monitoring to make sure it doesn’t change. No change. Good deal. We’ll check it in a another year unless something else changes.)

Tow truck shows. Can’t get tire off either, so they tow it to the body shop. Cat is now finished, just as they take the car away. Husband pays vet bills (yay!), we pack the kids up, and head home.

So this is the second car I’ve had hit in less than two weeks. None of it was my fault, but now I have no car to drive.

Ordered carry out steak for dinner because that is comfort food for me, and I didn’t want to cook in any way, shape or form. Steak ordered medium rare. Get home and steak is well done.

Not my day.

So I needed good tea for tonight. And this was good tea. Really good tea.

Rose and cream and champagne and white tea. Comfort. Happiness. Thank you, Butiki Teas, for making such awesome tea.

boychik

Omg I’m so sorry. But the most important nobody’s hurt. Hope you have a peaceful evening.

TheTeaFairy

Poor thing, I’m exhausted for you! I’m glad no one got hurt and all the “kids” are ok :-)

Cheri

Comfort tea finished, and now I’m heading to bed with a book. At least I can work remotely, so that’s not as big of a worry.

lolainred

ugh that sucks. I’m so sorry you had all of that to go through! Glad everyone is alright.

Butiki Teas

Rough day, so sorry that happened.

Cheri

Everyone is okay, and insurance is taking care of the repairs. I can work remotely. Everything else can be rescheduled or worked around until I have a car to drive. No worries. And good tea really helped make everything much better.

Cameron B.

Who eats steak well-done anyway?! XD

Cheri

Exactly what I wondered. And how did Medium Rare become Well Done and actually sold by a steak restaurant? They did make us new steaks, but we had to go get them, and they replaced sides, but everything else got cold, and they didn’t give me the free dessert I was supposed to get. Yesterday was not my day.

Another sample from my order! I remembered how impressed I was by the cream flavoring in Butiki’s Cantaloupe Cream so I wanted to give this one a try. It’s such a romantic sounding tea that I wanted to share it with my husband. Of course he took one sniff and crinkled his nose. “It smells like flowers.” Hah. I figured he’d react that way. All for me then.

I quite enjoy rose flavor so it wasn’t too flowery for me even though there were 10 rose buds in there. So pretty! There was definitely a nice creaminess. I could taste the champagne more as it cooled. Lovely white tea base as well. It just tied everything together. I got 2 steeps and they were both delicious.

I had a sample of this from my last Butiki order – very rosey, sipping in creamy smooth with an interesting aftertaste that has a savory and sweet element.

I sipped away at this while watching my dramas (Prince of Lan Ling) and working on amigurumi Owls. Before I knew it, my tea was all gone! I might need to get more of this tea!

Starting with one of my one-cup samples, and of course I picked a lovely light and delicate blend to try. Good luck getting through these blocked sinuses…

So I missed the bubbles people have described, but I sure got that lovely smooth and classy rose flavour paired with the white tea. The rose is nowhere near obnoxious and overpowering, despite there being around half a dozen baby buds in my one cup of leaves.

Good start, Butiki. <3

a very rosy tea!

Unlike other floral teas I had in the past (which usually remind me of the fresh rain drops on flower petals), this scent is more refined and concentrated. It doesn’t strike me as trying to be bold, young and lively, but instead offers a more sophisticated delicacy that takes time to understand and enjoy. (more like certain wine and perfumes I guess – you could tell someone worked hard to mature it)

The taste is a lot lighter and quieter though – It’s not obvious, but it certainly is not bland. And I like the fact the taste doesn’t overwhelm the scent.

Oh! Use a glass tea pot if you have one! The roses make an especially lovely sight – like gentle kisses dripped on a baby’s cheek, making it all pink and radiant.

Random mumble jumble:
Tea reviews are HARD! I think the goal is to translate something that only your tongue and nose could understand into a collection of abstract/ambiguous words common enough that your audience could experience the same sensations and imaginations that rushed through your mind, which is unfortunately, almost always impossible… :(

A sample from CrowKettle! Thank you. :)

This is really really good. Wow. The sample says “2 servings” so I dumped it onto the clean counter and divided it in two. Best way to get an even number of rose buds and gigantic tea leaves in a cup! It smells like rose candy. But not the rose Turkish delight I had a couple weeks ago, like fizzy rose candy or syrup drink.

So tasty.

As I don’t really reach for white teas, I’m not sure I’d get it. But it IS really good, and I highly recommend trying it if you like white tea or rose. :)

Backlog:

Another impressive blend from Butiki. The champagne notes are clear in this blend, and they offer a crisp, refreshing taste. The white tea is delicate and sweet, and I like the way the champagne notes meld with the white tea. Both tend to be somewhat delicate flavors, and they accentuate each other well in this blend.

The rose is also subtle here and the floral notes linger on the palate.

A really nice blend. Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/03/03/champagne-rose-cream-white-tea-blend-butiki-teas/

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Oh this tea has to go must try list.

TranquiliTea81 sent me a sample of this with our swap. Thank you!!!

I really want to like this, but when the most prominent note in a tea is rose, it just reminds me too much of being in a Crabtree and Evelyn. Rose has only worked for me when it’s accompanied by a more assertive note such as a citrus. I’m really glad I got to try this one, though. :-)

2068 tasting notes

Every time I take this tea out to make a cup, I expect to get a sipdown and every time, I am surprised by just how much is left in the bag. However I measured and this is officially the second last cup so next one will actually be the sipdown. Yay!

Anyways, thank you keychange for your incredibly generous samples of this tea. I have enjoyed it and I think it has a really beautiful flavor but the more I have it, the more I realize this is not something I will be stocking. I am always impressed at how accurately the champagne is captured but the rose is just a touch too floral for my tastes. Nonetheless, it is an incredibly elegant tea and I am super grateful to have gotten the chance to try it.