Pumpkin Milkshake

Oolong Tea
Cream, Spices, Vanilla, Pumpkin
Edit tea info Last updated by Butiki Teas

• “Ohhhh! Sweet sweet pumpkiny goodness! I LOVE the darjeeling base. The pumpkin is assertive enough, and the strong vanilla and cream flavors make it SUPER milkshakey! I really want to taste this...” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 912 tasting notes
  • “*Justjames* sent me this as well as his custom butiki blend as a thank you for the matcha i sent his way. This has been on my list to pick up from stacy for an eternity, but since i've been trying...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes
  • “This is a sipdown this morning. I partly chose it because I really wanted it, and partly because the packages with one cup left call out to me to be finished. Also, I may have placed three tea...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 688 tasting notes
  • “I was trying my hardest to resist ordering new tea until Black Friday, but then Stacy announced this new blend and Champagne & Rose Cream. The sad lie I told myself was if I try samples of those...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 496 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Our Pumpkin Milkshake pairs our Castleton Moonlight Darjeeling oolong with pumpkin, vanilla, and cream flavors. Pumpkin and vanilla notes dominate our Pumpkin Milkshake; however, there is a sweet creaminess present that lingers. Some caramel notes can also be detected. We highly recommend adding some brown crystal sugar to transform this tea into a rich, creamy, decadent, vanilla and pumpkin desert treat.

Ingredients: Castleton Moonlight Darjeeling, Pumpkin Flakes (vegan), Organic Lotus Stamens, Organic Pure Ground Vanilla Beans (no fillers), Organic Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Ohhhh! Sweet sweet pumpkiny goodness! I LOVE the darjeeling base. The pumpkin is assertive enough, and the strong vanilla and cream flavors make it SUPER milkshakey! I really want to taste this side by side with Pumpkin Creme Brulee. I think I prefer this one just because of the base tea. I guess I find the Ceylon in the Brulee a tad astringent…Everyone looking for a great pumpkin tea needs to try this one. Very, very nicely done Stacy :D

Are the ground vanilla beans your standard madagascar/bourbon variety? I’m pretty sure they are. I’ve been experimenting with different vanillas in my cooking. I find the Tahitian variety very floral and compelling. I bet it would be a really neat addition to a tea blend some day. This pumpkin tea is perfect with the more classic madagascar/bourbon flavor :)

Courtney

Yes I enjoy Pumpkin Brulee, but I also think I prefer this one. It’s amazing!

TeaBrat

want! he he he

Butiki Teas

Stephanie-Have you also tried the Zhen Qu (black tea) version? I would be curious to know which one you like better if you have.

This is the one we use (pure ground): http://www.amadeusvanillabeans.com/store/vanilla-beans-ground.php They have a few different vanilla beans available too but just the bourbon already powdered.

Yay! I must order this when I get money

Stephanie

I did not know there was a black version Stacy! Thanks for the vanilla bean link :)

I’m sending you some samples tomorrow BrewTEAlly Sweet!!!

Butiki Teas

Oops, I just realized that this wasn’t the Carrot Cake. Never mind, there is only an oolong version. You’re welcome for the link! :)

Butiki Teas

Courtney-Nope, sorry my mistake. There is only an oolong version. For some reason I got mixed up and and was thinking about the Carrot Cake.

Stephanie

Ohhhh ok! I’m going to taste the oolong carrot cake tomorrow! :)

BrewTEAlly Sweet

Yay yay yay!!! Then I’ll know what to order for sure!!

Justjames sent me this as well as his custom butiki blend as a thank you for the matcha i sent his way. This has been on my list to pick up from stacy for an eternity, but since i’ve been trying to sipdown my cupboard, i hadn’t picked it up yet. I brewed this up tonight because i was exausted and wanted something to just sit and enjoy. I’ve had two cups of this now – with a cup left over to try this again over the weekend because i kept it to normal people cups haha.

I’m not sure how i feel about this one. I don’t love darjeelings, so that might be something to do with it. It’s for sure, creamy and delicious but mostly it comes across as a vanilla tea to me. Not so much with the pumpkin. I’ll be drinking this again this weekend to see if i can figure it out. A tasty tea..but not quite “pumpkin” for me….though as i sit here i wonder if that’s because i always equate ’pumpkin" with pumpkin spice…. hmmmm

thanks justjames! this was a great end to my long day :)

JustJames

i’ve been musing over this one too. creamy? check. spice? check. beloved pumpkin? wait….. maybe i should rebrew? i agree, might be me butting heads with the darjeeling. i won’t review until i’ve made up my mind and played with it some more. colder, hotter, longer, etc.

very glad it started your weekend though!!

saving your custom tea for tomorrow! something to look forward to!

JustJames

hope you enjoy it…. second and third steep are awesome for a hot chocolate base! wowza!!

Cavocorax

Ooooh – good idea! I’ll save the last half of my Hello Sweetie sample for tomorrow too – assuming I can dl the 50th anniversary special…

This is a sipdown this morning. I partly chose it because I really wanted it, and partly because the packages with one cup left call out to me to be finished. Also, I may have placed three tea orders last night and room needs to be made in my tea cupboard.

I hope I’ll be able to ask Stacy to make this version when I next want to order it.

Yum. This is really hitting the spot. I’ve been actively trying to drink my teas as soon as they’re cool enough to handle, so still quite hot. Sometimes it really does make all the difference.

VariaTEA

I actually searched for a place to order tea from last night but was uninspired to actually press checkout (with the exception of Steep City Teas because I want their Choco-Honeyberrt but then gave up on the website when they were charging $20 shipping on less than $9 of teas). I don’t know why I wanted to order teas so badly other than I have a balance on my paypal that apparently I am just itching to spend. I guess it is for the best though given I have a lot of tea already and many packages on the way.

Where did you end up ordering from?!?

Courtney

I ordered from Butiki, which is far too regular haha, because I just needed White Rhino. Then I also ordered from S&V and Teavivre. This was my first Teavivre order actually, woot!

Courtney

I understand the shipping conundrum. I really want more Winter Blend from Tealish, but that’s all I want from them. They offer free shipping over $50, but for my $6.50 Winter Blend the shipping was something like $12-$14.

VariaTEA

Yeah. Definitely not worth it when the cost of shipping outweighs the tea. I actually looked at Tealish and Teavivre and Simpson & Vail. I was about to order from S&V because I loved the Gingerbread Black you sent but then I remembered JustJames is sending me one of their teas so I should wait to try that.

You definitely made good choices though. I hope you enjoy the teas you got.

I avoided Butiki though because I have a whole bunch of their tea in my sample box that I have yet to try. I figured I should try what I have first and then can reorder more of the blends I love.

caile

Enjoy!! :-)

Courtney

The S&V shipping to Canada on their site is pricey, but I believe it was Cavocorax who told me if you call them, the shipping is less. Butiki is definitely my weakness, last night I was just re-stocking some of my favourites.

I was trying my hardest to resist ordering new tea until Black Friday, but then Stacy announced this new blend and Champagne & Rose Cream. The sad lie I told myself was if I try samples of those two now I can decide on the exact amount I want in November.. Eh. After drinking this one I don’t know if I want to wait that long (I’ll be strong).

I love how the pumpkin flavour crept in slowly, eventually dominating everything along with the creamy sour “dairy” notes. It’s a “skim” milkshake that still manages to carry a lot of dessert depth and spice.

New sad lie proposal: if I had more of this now it would kill the desire to eat more pumpkin frozen yogurt, which doesn’t go too well with my slightly lactose intolerant self anyways.

That’s actually my last small comment on this tea- I love how I can get any creaminess out of this without having to add some kind of milk. Most of the pumpkin blends I’ve tried really need the extra help. This one seems to manage perfectly alright on its own.

Edit: The Darjeeling oolong base is a neat choice. It’s smooth and allows this tea to re-steep extremely well. I managed it four times and got varying qualities of pumpkin spice, milk, vanilla, and caramel out of each steep. That’s an impressive feat for a flavoured tea!

lolololol.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

mmmmm… pumpkin yogurt! My slightly lactose intolerant self appreciates your note! :-)

Jenny O

I was trying to hold off until Black Friday as well, I ended up caving and I regret nothing.;)

champagne and rose cream remained a sample though, so don’t be too jealous

JustJames

argh….. i have an order i can add to if i want. i want to, but i shouldn’t. the question is: will i? lol.

Nitoo6of6

Really want to try this!!!

Cavocorax

Oooh. I have to decide if I’m going to order this one, or the Pumpkin Creme Brulee. Don’t think I can justify both…

CrowKettle

Maybe I can send you some of this to your new location. I have 2oz to spare. :)

CrowKettle

I’ve been putting off contacting people for swaps due to cold and deadline season, and I have to get out a really late parcel to Fuzzy_Peachkin, but if anyone wants some PM me. :)

Aroma is pumpkin, caramel and spice, which carries a bit over into the flavor, although subdued.
Quite a lovely blend, but not my preference, possibly due to the tea base.
Thank you Courtney, for sending me this to try!!

I thought I’d have this, but I should have added a bit of brown sugar to it. It was ok, but sorta muted flavour-wise. And I know Butiki teas are flavoured more naturally than say, Della Terra, so I shouldn’t expect it to punch me in the face, but it was a little milder than I prefer.

I wonder how 2.0 compares?

Roswell Strange

I’ll save some of 2.0 to send to you when I get more money, and you can try it out for comparison :)

Courtney

I personally prefer this one. :)

Yvonne

Was it at least creamy?

I’ve got 2.0 at my place as well

Cavocorax

It was a little creamy? IDk, maybe I just wasn’t in the right headspace to fully enjoy this one, or maybe it’s just not for me. I already have enough Butiki teas on my always-restock lists that I’m not too fussed either way. :P

Yvonne

Aw. :( That’s disappointing.

Fjellrev

I also find the 2.0 quite muted (well, it was ginger-heavy). I’ll have to try again.

The dry leaves smell absolutely amazing. Vanilla, pumpkin, and a whole lot of spice that I can’t place but smells absolutely delectable. Cinnamon, but something more too (and yes I realize that cinnamon isn’t a listed ingredient).

Mmm this tastes creamy and spicy in equal measure, with a pleasantly sweet aftertaste. With a touch of brown crystal sugar, it’s all creamy spicy vanilla with just a hint of pumpkiness. As it cools, the pumpkin flavor really comes out and it is dead on for a pumpkin milkshake. That same creamy pumpkin flavor really lingers on the tongue.

Second steep: boiling water, 3 minutes. It’s still pumpkin vanilla-y goodness, though a touch too watery. I probably should have brewed longer or at a lower temp. Even with some sugar, the flavors are fainter than in the first cup. Still tasty, but I’ll have to play around with second-steep parameters.

Third steep: 180 F, just over 8 minutes. Still pumpkin vanilla numminess, but that wateriness is still here; not terrible at all, but not quite as robust as I’d like. Then again, it is a third steeping of a flavored tea, so this is kind of to be expected.

This is just a perfect autumn tea. I’m looking forward to testing whether it will be a good breakfast travel mug tea!

i need to pick this up…. bah! is it november yet?! must. resist. ordering.

Kaylee

You can do it! The tea will still be there!

Also, experiment update:
Second steep: 180 F, 8 minutes. A few crystals of brown sugar. Basically the same taste as my previous attempt. Creamy, but it’s like there’s not much holding the cream up. Lovely vanilla aftertaste though!

Terri HarpLady

want….is there an emoticon for drooling?

terri..don’t do it! stay strong!

Ohhhhh myyyyyy lawwwwwwwdddd! This is fall tea heaven on earth! Thank you thank you thank you Stephanie for sending me this! This is definitely staying on my wishlist for butiki! Maybe a larger amount though! I love everything about this tea! Creamy goodness….perfect ratio of pumpkin to spice. The vanilla pair perfect! And oh my goodness the base is excellent! Hands down my new favorite, definitely preferred over the pumpkin brulee:) my old holiday favorite! Yay for this tea making me one happy girl and for having an amazing steepster friend like Stephanie!

VariaTEA

I was always interested in this tea but your review makes me want to place an order on Butiki right now so I can try some of this asap

Stephanie

She hit one out of the park with this tea! I want another cup tomorrow even though I’ve got untasted teas I’m eager to try! :)

She truly did great!!!

Kaylee

This one really is amazing. <3 indeed.

Tea Sipper

I’m getting a sample with my Butiki order, so your note makes me excited to try it even more! :D

JustJames

i haven’t tried mine yet….. it’s stashed in a vault with a silicone seal and a clasp. =0)

ifjuly

it’s my favorite pumpkin tea so far!

Backlog…

Wow, I’ve been MIA from Steepster for a couple months due to dealing with life. I come back and find a bunch of amazing site updates AND a LivingSocial deal for Steepster Select about 5 minutes before it expires! Sweet! What a great, unexpected welcome back! I can’t wait to try out Steepster Select. :)

Thanks to Courtney for this sample! I don’t really remember it, as I drank it quite a while ago during my unintended hiatus from Steepster. But I took the following notes while enjoying it: “creamy, flavorful, pumpkin-y, delicious.” I guess I liked it! :P I’ll give it the same rating as what the Steepster average is right now. It’s good to be back! :D

Haha welcome back!

CHAroma

Thanks! :)

yay! welcome back!

OMGsrsly

Good to see you again! :)

CHAroma

Thanks all! You made me feel all warm and fuzzy. I love this community.

No surprise here, but I really enjoy this one. Subtle pumpkin and creamy buttery oolong with some spices. Love it!
The resteep was thoroughly enjoyable as well. I am glad I got lots of this!

Terri HarpLady

I need to get some of this!

tigress_al

You certainly do!

Terri HarpLady

I feel a butiki order coming on…very soon…