Glenburn Estate Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Butiki Teas

From Butiki Teas

Glenburn Estate Green originates from the Glenburn Estate located in the Himalayas above the Rungeet River in India. The Glenburn Estate is working closely with the board of the Ethical Tea Partnership, which focuses on sustainability and living and working conditions of those working at tea estates, to bring the ETP to the Darjeeling region and is focused on maintaining high ethical standards. Our Glenburn Estate Green is graded FTGFOP1 (Finest Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe First Flush) and has a pronounced roasted nutty flavor. Pine, fresh butter, honey, and some mild vegetal notes can also be detected. This tea is savory with a hint of sweetness but has some mild drying at the finish and is a truly addictive green tea.

Ingredients: Indian Green Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

I so don’t want to be the first one posting a note for this tea! The pressure!

Well, I only have the one cup’s worth, so I guess it’s now or never…

The nuttiness is prominent here, with a strong vegetal undertone. This is quite savory. It held up solidly for three steeps. Oddly, some honey notes came through in the second steep but not the first or third (both of which tasted about the same). The honey notes really balanced out the other flavors and made it an enjoyable cup. I can’t quite articulate it, but there’s something about the balance of nuttiness and vegetal notes in the other two steeps that is not really working for me. The aftertaste is dry and increasingly seaweed-like. Three minutes after I’ve finished the cup the taste of seaweed in my mouth is still getting stronger. It’s rather unpleasant, actually.

Glad to have tried this in my ongoing mission to taste all of the Butiki teas, but this one was a miss for me. Thanks for the sample, Stacy!

The first Indian green tea I have tried!
Nose – Has a mild sweet smell to it that I haven’t detected in any other green teas before.
Mouth – Mild, tastes buttery and nutty to me mostly.
Finish – Goes down pretty smoothly, not harsh at all.
The price looks pretty decent on this, I’ll probably get more next time I put in an order with this company.

Doug F

Sounds good. I’ve tried green teas from Ceylon and enjoyed them; I’ll have to try a green Darjeeling.

This tea isn’t quite doing it for me. When it was still hot, it had the bite of a raw puerh. As it cools, it gets more buttery and vegetal, but I’m not particularly fond of it.