Glenburn Estate Green

Butter, Grass, Sweet, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

Glenburn Estate Green originates from the Glenburn Estate located in the Himalayas above the Rungeet River in India. The Glenburn Estate is working closely with the board of the Ethical Tea Partnership, which focuses on sustainability and living and working conditions of those working at tea estates, to bring the ETP to the Darjeeling region and is focused on maintaining high ethical standards. Our Glenburn Estate Green is graded FTGFOP1 (Finest Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe First Flush) and has a pronounced roasted nutty flavor. Pine, fresh butter, honey, and some mild vegetal notes can also be detected. This tea is savory with a hint of sweetness but has some mild drying at the finish and is a truly addictive green tea.

Ingredients: Indian Green Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

I so don’t want to be the first one posting a note for this tea! The pressure!

Well, I only have the one cup’s worth, so I guess it’s now or never…

The nuttiness is prominent here, with a strong vegetal undertone. This is quite savory. It held up solidly for three steeps. Oddly, some honey notes came through in the second steep but not the first or third (both of which tasted about the same). The honey notes really balanced out the other flavors and made it an enjoyable cup. I can’t quite articulate it, but there’s something about the balance of nuttiness and vegetal notes in the other two steeps that is not really working for me. The aftertaste is dry and increasingly seaweed-like. Three minutes after I’ve finished the cup the taste of seaweed in my mouth is still getting stronger. It’s rather unpleasant, actually.

Glad to have tried this in my ongoing mission to taste all of the Butiki teas, but this one was a miss for me. Thanks for the sample, Stacy!

The first Indian green tea I have tried!
Nose – Has a mild sweet smell to it that I haven’t detected in any other green teas before.
Mouth – Mild, tastes buttery and nutty to me mostly.
Finish – Goes down pretty smoothly, not harsh at all.
The price looks pretty decent on this, I’ll probably get more next time I put in an order with this company.

Doug F

Sounds good. I’ve tried green teas from Ceylon and enjoyed them; I’ll have to try a green Darjeeling.

This tea isn’t quite doing it for me. When it was still hot, it had the bite of a raw puerh. As it cools, it gets more buttery and vegetal, but I’m not particularly fond of it.

This was grassy, but not at all bitter. I don’t really have much else to say about it. I’m really not a green tea person. I’ll be trading this away.

I haven’t had the best luck with Butiki straight greens, so I was pleasantly surprised when I took a sip and said “ooh!”
The first flavor I got was butter, followed by a rather grassy vegetal note, a light sweetness, and a wisp of bitterness. (Note: the tea had cooled for several minutes before my first taste, which may be why I didn’t pick up the harshness of other reviewers.) Aftertaste is reminiscent of steamed dark green leafy vegetables with a dryness and more noticeable (but still quite subtle) bitterness in the back of the throat.

Not one of my favorite green teas ever, but I will happily finish off the rest of the bag!

Flavors: Butter, Grass

This is a somewhat vegetal, somewhat sweet green tea. I tried an experiment with this tea, adding coconut palm sugar, the powdered kind. Not the really good, block kind you get from an Asian market. It did not work. It sweetened the tea all right but it had too much flavor. It overpowered the tea. So I started from scratch and brewed this again. I will have to experiment with coconut palm sugar another time with another tea, perhaps use less of it. This tea is good. I am not unhappy I bought four ounces of it.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and 175 degree water for 3 min.

Flavors: Sweet, Vegetal

This is tasty, and it doesn’t quite taste the way it smells. Dry it smells super sweet. The first steep is borderline savory. Like, there is a real hint of salinity. The second steep is sweeter. I didn’t try any more steeps yet, as I have a friend coming to visit and I pulled out some of my new Butiki flavored teas to share with her. She doesn’t get fancy tea all that often. This is good, but to me it wasn’t super special. That said, I don’t have many greens so this definitely has a place in my cupboard.

This is a very interesting green tea! It has hints of sweetness and grassiness that you would expect from a sencha, and I’m not quite sure how to characterize the dominant tone…vegetal, maybe. It’s smooth, and held up well to resteeping. I feel like this is one that will grow on me, and I’ll be having it quite a bit. I’m glad that I bought quite a bit of it since it will no longer be available…I’ll have to make my Butiki tea last!! Thanks, Stacy!

Even this green tea is a testament to the unique flavors that Butiki somehow manages to wrangle in any of the tea types. Even green! I’ll see if I can describe it… it isn’t actually one of the green teas that seem like creamed corn. Though the leaves don’t look like one of those grass cutting senchas, it kind of tastes like it. But there are other elements too: very sweet, nutty, a little brothy, and some sort of mysterious green vegetable I can’t place. The second steep somehow is much more savory, briny, and the vegetable is now almost seaweed.. in a tasty way! Very good!
Steep #1 // 1 tsp // 27 min after boiling // 3 min steep