Hello Sweetie

Coconut, Creamy, Pastries, banana, Cream, Sweet, Butter, Caramel, Nutty, Malt, Tea, Toasted, Apple Candy, Banana, Candy, Cookie, Toffee, Almond, Honey, Vanilla, Nuts, Fruity, Smooth, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

Available from 1 seller.

5 Images

From Butiki Teas

Hello Sweetie is a custom blend that we created for our customer, James. What initially started out as a coconut cream pie flavor with a puerh base tea turned into a banana, coconut, praline (nuts), and toffee flavor with our Premium Taiwanese Assam base tea. How did that happen? We are not entirely sure but this delicious combination has a creamy coconut and fresh banana flavor while also presenting a delicious praline flavor that adds a cookie quality to the tea. The toffee adds a buttery texture, while the base tea provides sweet cacao and caramel notes. If you love high quality teas with complex flavors and Doctor Who references then this tea is for you! We recommend adding a little sugar to transform this tea into an exquisite tropical cookie.

Ingredients: Premium Taiwanese Assam, Organic Coconut Flakes, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Stacy, James : BRAVO – Well done, congrats – what a delicious cup !

I think this blend can directly join the Butiki Teas official card but of course it’s up to Stacy.

I’ve been happy to see the puerh has been replaced by the Premium Taiwanese Assam, I love the tea base.
Of course a caramelized coconut is hitting me first then seconded by banana. Praline is not so evident to me. What a shock ! ouch what a match but all these flavours are pairing so well together it’s a real greedy pleasure to drink my mug.

I don’t think this is a tea I would drink too often because it may push me to go to the cupboard and take one or 2 cookies for a decadent afternoon break ! Be careful !

Thank you so much justjames for sharing some of your custom blend with me

First off – thank you Ost for the generous sample of this Butiki treasure!! I have been cheating on tea with coffee this past two weeks to get through midterms so when I got this in the mail today – I literally could not wait to try it, haha!
As a Doctor Who & coconut & banana fan I had been wanting to try this tea since I’ve heard of it and it did not disappoint. Mind you, I underleafed this one a bit because I want to hoard what I do have (it will be a sad, sad day when this is a sipdown) I think it gave a nice flavour!
Nice and sweet and light. A realllly lovely coconut flavour mostly with a bit of nutty/ creamy undertones. I don’t get the banana that I’ve seen noted in some tasting notes (womp womp) but that’s totally okay because this is SUCH a nice coconut tea! The hunt for a great banana tea continues!
Thanks Ost! I’ll be sad to see the rest of this go! :)

Flavors: Coconut

2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Breakfast/work tea!

I think I’m going to have to try this in a mug just to see if there’s any difference between that and travel mug prep. I made this to take to work with me this morning. I’m trying to get back in the habit of taking tea to work with me instead of just drinking the coffee that’s constantly available in the cafeteria. My fiance has pointed out that I’m much more anxious/panicky on days when I drink coffee and that I seem to be calmer when I have tea instead. So, waking up earlier to make tea it is.

This one smells tropical – banana and coconut. It even tastes tropical, but I get the feeling that’s a scent-influencing-perceived-taste thing. As the tea cools, I’m picking up baked goods notes from the coconut with maybe the slightest sour edge. The banana adds creaminess.

I added some rock sugar in an effort to make the toffee element of this pop, but I don’t think the sugar actually did anything. Maybe tomorrow I’ll add more or just have it plain. Overall, I’m enjoying this one!

Flavors: Creamy, Pastries

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Merry Christmas everyone! I have a couple of notes built up from the past few days, so apologies for flooding your dashboards a little!

Mmm… I was really craving something delicious, coconutty and kinda sweet, so this seemed like just the thing!

I made it using Stacy’s instructions and it was wonderful! The smell was delightful and it was exceptionally smooth on the palette. Lovely stuff!

Flavors: Coconut, Cream

Well, this was a sad sipdown! Had the last of it this morning, and said goodbye to Hello Sweetie. Normally, I don’t tend to post multiple reviews for the same tea, but this one was so special. Enjoyed every yummy banana-coconut-cream-pie drop. I don’t know what kind of magical blending mojo you’ve got, Stacy, but it’s a gift. I’m only sorry I didn’t order from Butiki sooner!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Classic me, drinking nearly the entire pouch of tea yet not writing about it until I’m already on the last cup. I was excited about this one because as most people know, I’m ever so slightly obsessed with coconut, and banana chips are addictive as hell. Oh, and Assam? My favourite black tea. So ideally, this should be a winner.

Yet somehow I’m not that excited about it? The coconut is nice, but rather faint. I think the main problem is that my palate isn’t finding that these flavours mesh well together. Something doesn’t fit. It kind of reminds me of Foxy Roxy’s, but man, that one just works. It’s packed full of flavour and there’s a harmony there that this one is lacking.

Come to think of it, the coconut in this reminds me of the coconut that David’s uses in blends like Stormy Night, which I’m not really crazy over. Maybe that’s another subconscious issue I’m having with this.

I mean, it’s good, but there are so many better Butiki blends out there, IMHO. This just makes me want to grab a cup of Foxy Roxy’s!

Yummy! Another score for Butiki. An excellent tea this afternoon.

Inkling

Mmm, love that one!

This tea is amazing! I knew it had coconut in it, as that was the first thing I smelled when I opened the bag. But my first sip surprised me with…banana??? I’ve never had a banana tea before and the concept sounds strange, but – at least in this instance – it totally works! Coconut and banana and just a hint of caramel combined into the most rich, buttery tea I’ve ever had in my life. I may just have to buy a bit more of this before it’s too late!

Flavors: banana, Butter, Caramel, Coconut, Nutty

carol who

One of my favorites too!

I love the name of this one. First tea of the (rainy) day, home after swimming and happy to warm up. I couldn’t remember what the flavours for this one were. First impression, I smelled and tasted coconut. A lot of coconut. I looked it up and saw “banana and caramel”. Didn’t get too much of that, until I got further down my cup, abit more rock sugar in the bottom seemed to make the banana more prominent.

Maybe because I have so much DT and they put coconut in everything, this one didn’t blow me way as much as frankly….every single other butiki tea I have tried!! I may also have under leafed and will try again. Maybe I have just had too much coconut lately. Still a very nice, smooth tea, I would very happily drink again.

I just received this tea in the mail and gave it a try. I think I made it a bit too strong, and it may have been a mistake to drink it immediately after the chili that I had for lunch. I got mostly coconut and banana flavor, and I liked it more as I went along. I’m going to try a second steep and see how that works.

Edited to add: The second steep is a bit more subtle and quite nice. The base tea flavor now comes through and it is malty and rich. At some point I will try a bit of sugar in it just to see, although I generally do not sweeten tea.

Flavors: banana, Coconut, Malt