Hello Sweetie

banana, Candy, Coconut, Cookie, Cream, Toffee, Almond, Honey, Sweet, Vanilla, Caramel, Nuts, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by QueenOfTarts

Available from 1 seller.

5 Images

• “i love this tea.... go figure, it was made for me! but it's not just the blend i love.... it was the whole process. stacy is brilliant. we all know that, but working with her one on one that is...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 376 tasting notes
  • “Sigh. Another sipdown (84). And unless Stacy decides to release this as a permanent blend, I may *never* have it again. I drank it after watching the 50th Anniversary special of Doctor Who. It...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1621 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (174) Got this as a sample in my most recent Butiki order and it is just as good as I remember...maybe even better? It really is the best coconut I have ever had but combined with the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1824 tasting notes
  • “*justjames* sent me a sample of this since i'm trying to try all the butiki teas! :) I am NOT a fan of coconut. You know what i am a fan of though? this tea! This is coconut and caramel and...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4673 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Hello Sweetie is a custom blend that we created for our customer, James. What initially started out as a coconut cream pie flavor with a puerh base tea turned into a banana, coconut, praline (nuts), and toffee flavor with our Premium Taiwanese Assam base tea. How did that happen? We are not entirely sure but this delicious combination has a creamy coconut and fresh banana flavor while also presenting a delicious praline flavor that adds a cookie quality to the tea. The toffee adds a buttery texture, while the base tea provides sweet cacao and caramel notes. If you love high quality teas with complex flavors and Doctor Who references then this tea is for you! We recommend adding a little sugar to transform this tea into an exquisite tropical cookie.

Ingredients: Premium Taiwanese Assam, Organic Coconut Flakes, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Stacy, James : BRAVO – Well done, congrats – what a delicious cup !

I think this blend can directly join the Butiki Teas official card but of course it’s up to Stacy.

I’ve been happy to see the puerh has been replaced by the Premium Taiwanese Assam, I love the tea base.
Of course a caramelized coconut is hitting me first then seconded by banana. Praline is not so evident to me. What a shock ! ouch what a match but all these flavours are pairing so well together it’s a real greedy pleasure to drink my mug.

I don’t think this is a tea I would drink too often because it may push me to go to the cupboard and take one or 2 cookies for a decadent afternoon break ! Be careful !

Thank you so much justjames for sharing some of your custom blend with me

Hooray, I got my swap from Sarsonator! I’ve been (im)patiently awaiting the arrival of Lady Gaga (aka Minnesota Blend). However, I don’t believe that she has tried it yet herself, so I’m not going to make it right this second, even though I want to! I’m actually really happy this came today, because now I get to try this tea and Oriental Beauty before tomorrow’s sale so I’ll know whether I need to order them or not. Hooray for excellent timing! :)

Anyway, this tea smells amazing! Very sweet and strong coconut and banana scents, and I definitely get some cookie or pie crust too. It’s like coconut cream pie combined with that amazing banana pudding concoction that has the whipped cream and the vanilla wafer cookies!

And, of course, it tastes fantastic! I definitely still get the coconut cream pie and banana pudding mash-up dessert. There’s a cookie element here, and a little bit of toffee. The coconut flavor kind of reminds me of those chewy coconut candies that have the pink, white, and brown stripes (sorry, I have no idea what they’re called, but they’re little cubes and they’re individually wrapped). I wouldn’t call it the most “authentic” coconut, since real coconuts are much milder and not sweet, but I think it works perfectly in this blend. The banana is the same way – it’s definitely more of a banana candy flavor (reminds me of banana-flavored chews or taffy) but I love it! It’s lovely banana-coconut candy tea with toffee chip cookies and whipped cream over the top! I had mine with a bit of sugar but I bet this would be amazing with milk as well. :)

Edit: Psssst, here’s a picture of the candies! http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Sundaes-Neopolitan-Coconut-Candies.jpg

Flavors: banana, Candy, Coconut, Cookie, Cream, Toffee

Stephanie

Love this one! And I remember those candies!!!

Cameron B.

Well I’m glad someone knows what I’m talking about, I wasn’t sure how popular they are. :P And yes, I love it too!

Sarsonator

Yay! I’m so glad you like this one!!!!! I mailed you about the Gaga. I kind of want to see what you think. :)

I remember trying a sample of this tea a while ago and not writing a tasting note because I gulped down the cup quickly without concentrating. Hopefully I’ll be able to slow it down with today’s cup! The scent of this tea is delicious! I smell crumbly cookies, bananas and coconut. The dry tea leaves are absolutely huge and a little bit creepy. They remind me a bit of twisted tree branches from a dark forest.

Sipping… mmmm! I first taste the banana. It’s a nice, very well-rounded banana flavor. Nothing fake about it! I love that I taste the sweetness from the banana, but the coconut also comes in and adds a sort of tart, sour flavor. This coconut I can tolerate because it’s very balanced with the banana and doesn’t become too overwhelming.

I taste a bit of biscuit next, sort of a shortbread flavor that adds a nice richness to the tea. I also love the assam base for this blend as it wraps everything up nicely and adds the slightest bit of astringency at the finish. I think that this tea would be really delicious with a splash of milk. I think I’ll try that next time as a creamy note would take this over the top! Such a tasty and unique tea!

This tea keeps making me think of River from DW whenever I see it. And As much as I don’t like her, I still decided to try this one. And I’m so glad I did!
Bananas, toffee, and coconut. Ugh. This tea, man.
It smells like candy, and it’s sweet enough not to feel like I should add any sweetener. It’s just as strong in smell as it is in flavor. It’s seriously just so good.
I can’t even say that enough. I’ll have to stock up on this.
We should just deem this the official DW tea. Forget all the fandom blends on Adagio. This one just beats them all. :P

Flavors: banana, Candy, Coconut, Toffee

Mandy

Debating on if I would like this or not. I like bananas, and banana bread, but I’ve never had anything that was banana flavored that I liked. But maybe with toffee and coconut, I could find a winning combination!

Ost

I mean the other flavors are pretty strong too. I think you might like it. If you hated it you could always swap it with someone on here…everyone likes Butiki xD

Mandy

This is true!

Ost

But I have a feeling that you will like it!

TheTeaFairy

Ost, You seem to be having a good Butiki experience so far, so happy about that :-)

Ost

Yeah! It’s definitely living up to the hype in my world! :D

Method: 2 tsp, 8 oz, 212 degrees, 3 minutes, French Press

Dry Leaf Aroma: Nuts and coconut

Flavor: This had a light sweetness on its own, but was better with a little rock sugar. The tea was very smooth and I didn’t find bitterness or astringency. I enjoyed the flavors. It tastes kind of like a cookie! I would like to try it again with a little almond/coconut milk, because that seems like the perfect combo. I can see why this one is so popular. It’s deelish! I wish I could have tasted more coconut, though. Still, I was very happy. :)

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Now I understand. I can glimpse Stacy’s artistry and talent in weaving flavors not on top of, but within a fine base tea. It’s all there. The toffee, the banana, the coconut, and the Assam are all present, in a soft undulating experience that allows for interplay between all of the actors.

I have been hesitant to try flavored blends. My previous experience with grocery store flavored teas that left an artificial perfumed taste in my mouth had me convinced that I wouldn’t like flavored blends. Then there was the name of this tea, even though it is a Dr Who play on words, it made me think that this would be too sweet, too cloying for me. How wrong I was. Thank you Stephanie for including this in my sample pack. It was the perfect Butiki sample for me to start with. It abolished all of my errant prejudices regarding flavored teas. uh-oh more teas to stock now. :) And this one is #1 on my list of flavored blends to stock.

Stephanie

So glad you liked it! I bet you will enjoy the other Butiki flavored teas as well :)

TheTeaFairy

Flavoured tea is not flavoured tea unless it’s Butiki ;-)

I wasn’t sure what I was going to think about this is. I’m not the biggest fan of coconut flavors. I am happy to say I now understand why so many people LOVE this tea. It’s delicious. It was the perfect morning treat before my run. It tasted a bit like an almond joy or mounds. I can definitely see myself ordering this on my next Butiki order!

Sarsonator

Wow, I read that as, “It was the perfect morning treat before my RUM

I did a double-take on that one!

mj

How is the banana flavor in this one? I really like actual bananas but I can’t stand fake banana flavor (like any banana candy). I’ve been curious about this one but hesitant because of the banana component.

lolainred

Sarsonator, hahahaha… well now that would be awkward!

mj, I actually didn’t notice the banana at all, but there weren’t any banana pieces in the sample I had, so that might changed the flavor. The Foxy Roxy Banana Walnut one has pieces of banana in it and that one is very authentic banana, but I don’t know about this one.

Virginia

mj there’s a one cup sample in the box I’m sending :)

mj

You rock, Virginia!

Yes, the hype is true! This tea is absolutely fabulous! And I have 2 oz. all to myself! Woo!! This has to be one of the best teas I’ve had from Butiki, and it has that amazing natural taste and smooth texture that is definitely characteristic of Butiki! The banana, coconut, and natural sweetness makes this a perfect mid-morning or afternoon tea. It’s such a treat! Definitely a winner!

Stephanie

Yup, one of the bestest ever!

Yuuuum! What a delight this tea is. As soon as I opened the package I knew I was going to love it. It has sweet, coconut-vanilla-pastry aroma with a hint of almond, honey and is can almost say some citrus. When brewed, it fills your senses with delicious coconut cookie experience. Quite flavorful with out sugar, but I added a teaspoon for that sweet desert taste. On the second brew the coconut notes are not as strong and more of almond, honey, toffee come out. Still sweet, still delicious. I will definitely order more with my next perchance.

Flavors: Almond, Coconut, Honey, Sweet, Toffee, Vanilla

Another sample from Butiki! Sadly, I haven’t immersed myself in Doctor Who yet (too many other things I’m a fan of) but SOMEONE sure is staying with Doctor Who since it has been on for so long. The base is the lovely Premium Taiwanese Assam that is a unique creation just in the tea leaf itself. This blend has additional banana and coconut. I just had the Foxy’s Banana Walnut the other day and I’d say that one has the same amount of banana as this one. It’s a light banana but it’s REAL banana. The coconut is front and center and it’s one of the best coconut teas I’ve tried. I’d say it does taste more like a coconut cream pie, only because I don’t really taste any of the praline/toffee… maybe a banana/coconut pie. I’ve been craving a banana cream pie lately! For some reason the base didn’t taste as strong as I remember, or maybe it’s the additional flavors of the caramel vanilla that make the base so nice. Butiki does it again!
Steep #1 // 6 min after boiling (accidentally) // 3 min