Hello Sweetie

banana, Caramel, Coconut, Tea, Toasted, Apple Candy, Banana, Candy, Cookie, Cream, Toffee, Almond, Honey, Sweet, Vanilla, Nuts, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by QueenOfTarts

Available from 1 seller.

5 Images

• “i love this tea.... go figure, it was made for me! but it's not just the blend i love.... it was the whole process. stacy is brilliant. we all know that, but working with her one on one that is...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes
  • “Sigh. Another sipdown (84). And unless Stacy decides to release this as a permanent blend, I may *never* have it again. I drank it after watching the 50th Anniversary special of Doctor Who. It...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (174) Got this as a sample in my most recent Butiki order and it is just as good as I remember...maybe even better? It really is the best coconut I have ever had but combined with the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1962 tasting notes
  • “*justjames* sent me a sample of this since i'm trying to try all the butiki teas! :) I am NOT a fan of coconut. You know what i am a fan of though? this tea! This is coconut and caramel and...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5047 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Hello Sweetie is a custom blend that we created for our customer, James. What initially started out as a coconut cream pie flavor with a puerh base tea turned into a banana, coconut, praline (nuts), and toffee flavor with our Premium Taiwanese Assam base tea. How did that happen? We are not entirely sure but this delicious combination has a creamy coconut and fresh banana flavor while also presenting a delicious praline flavor that adds a cookie quality to the tea. The toffee adds a buttery texture, while the base tea provides sweet cacao and caramel notes. If you love high quality teas with complex flavors and Doctor Who references then this tea is for you! We recommend adding a little sugar to transform this tea into an exquisite tropical cookie.

Ingredients: Premium Taiwanese Assam, Organic Coconut Flakes, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Stacy, James : BRAVO – Well done, congrats – what a delicious cup !

I think this blend can directly join the Butiki Teas official card but of course it’s up to Stacy.

I’ve been happy to see the puerh has been replaced by the Premium Taiwanese Assam, I love the tea base.
Of course a caramelized coconut is hitting me first then seconded by banana. Praline is not so evident to me. What a shock ! ouch what a match but all these flavours are pairing so well together it’s a real greedy pleasure to drink my mug.

I don’t think this is a tea I would drink too often because it may push me to go to the cupboard and take one or 2 cookies for a decadent afternoon break ! Be careful !

Thank you so much justjames for sharing some of your custom blend with me

I can probably count on one hand the companies I get my flavoured teas from, and Butiki is one of them. After reading all the rave reviews of this, I added it to my wishlist and it sat there for a long time until I read about Butiki’s eventual closing.

Somehow a package filled with tea showed up on my doorstep last week. No idea how that happened.

I had a rather hectic week, so I didn’t get around to trying anything in it until yesterday, when I pulled this one out at random. Three teaspoons, 12 oz water at 200 F, and I had dessert in a cup.

One thing I love about Butiki’s flavoured teas is how the flavouring really complements the base tea. I didn’t get much in the way of bananas, but the coconut and buttery toffee went deliciously well with the honey and caramel of the Premium Taiwanese Assam base. And my room smelled like cookies.

I’m very tempted to get more before it’s gone for good. There’s something so comforting about this tea.

I’ve wanted to try this tea for a long time, since it always seemed to float to the top of popular/recommended teas here on Steepster, and finally ordered some last week. I’m very sad that Butiki is closing, but glad I have the opportunity to try some of their creations.

And this tea, well, all the rave reviews are totally justified in my opinion! The blend has visible coconut pieces and flower petals, and the aroma is of fresh, natural-seeming coconut as well, which I’m a big fan of. I was expecting predominately coconut in the flavor as well, but there’s a nice surprising complexity to it. There’s banana, and when have I ever liked banana? The answer is never—until now! The flavors blend together smoothly like a banana coconut cream pie, and it’s not too sweet, not at all artificial, and perfectly cozy with a nice smooth base. This tea really restores my faith in flavored blends, if it had been lacking in the first place, and I’m sad that I didn’t order more. But I wouldn’t want to be the person who bought out the stock of it either, haha.

This tea is a winner. It smells as nifty as it tastes. How is that you say? How can something smell or taste nifty? Try this tea, with its toasty coconut and creamy banana flavor, its deep black tea and caramel tones, and you’ll find out. :)

Flavors: banana, Caramel, Coconut, Tea, Toasted

Absolutely divine. I oversteeped a bit and blended the cup with a tray of ice (in dalek and tardis shapes too!)—it turned frothy and creamy and amazing. This is definitely a much better coconut/banana cream pie than the actual offering from Butiki (but I’m not a big rooibos person) :) Definitely my favorite Butiki tea so far!

If you like coconut, then this is perfect. I was a little disappointed that the coconut drowns out all the other flavor potential this tea has. It didn’t taste bad, it just seemed rather one note to me. That being said, it smelled amazing and felt decadent.

Flavors: Coconut

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML

Whew, I did actually write about this one before. (But I’ve had it like, 6 times, and probably only have one note…) Anyhow! Still love this tea, though I didn’t order more (I’m wary of stocking up on teas with coconut, since it seems to go off). Delicious raisiny, coconut, banana, chocolate. Very decadent, and good for a bunch of re-steeps because of the solid base.

Tea Sipper

Yeah, I made a list of teas with coconut recently just to drink them quicker. :D

Kittenna

Very clever!

800th tasting note!!!

For some reason, this tea reminds me of fond memories from my childhood. I can’t quite put my finger on the reason, but either way, it is wonderful!
Of course, the base is perfect, and pairs perfectly with coconut. I am not usually the biggest fan of banana in tea, but here it is delicious.
I really enjoyed this tea, the mellow flavours that aren’t “in your face” but meld together well. This has a relaxing effect, but energizing at the same time.

TheTeaFairy

Woot! 800 is a wholotta notes, congrats :-)

Awesome! Grats on 800!

I made teatinis for guests yesterday and this tea with Kettle One Vodka was a huge success! I made 8oz of tea and doubled the amount of tea I would normally use plus I added 2 tablespoons of brown crystal sugar while it was steeping. Then added vodka and ice until the shaker was full and shook it. Made about 3 martinis. It came out amazing. It had the perfect sweetness with burned caramel notes, black tea, and the coconut and banana flavors. The vodka was hardly noticeable. The martinis were a huge hit! Will definitely have to come up with a recipe.

TeaBrat

Nice! I want to come to your house… :)

awesome! sounds delicious!

Butiki Teas

It was fantastic! I will have to make more tonight and take pics and come up with a real recipe. :)

mj

What a great idea! I may have to try that sometime. Will you post the “finalized” recipe?

mj-absolutely! :)

Cheri

Sounds awesome! (Other than the coconut…)

TheTeaFairy

That’s my kind of tea-party!!!

Stephanie

I think this sounds soooo goood. I bet it’d be good with rum or bourbon instead of vodka as well, might pair nicely with the coconut.

As I sit here, watching Ricky Gervais’ An Idiot Abroad and drinking Hello Sweetie, questions pour into my head.

Hello Sweetie is a blend created by Stacy from Butiki Tea and fellow Steepsterite JustJames! I received Hello Sweetie as a requested sample from Butiki, and let me just say what a fantastic buying experience Stacy provides – from requesting samples to getting a handwritten note in the mail along with your tea – it is a pleasure.

Thus, using the 2 teaspoon sample and 500mL of boiling water, I tried Hello Sweetie for the first time. A sweet, caramely black tea, Hello Sweetie has no astringency at all and instead allows for a smooth, creamy sip. I pick up on the banana and (perceived) candied-apple undertones from the scent of the tea, but my cup lacks a bit of staying power and taste. I did, however, only steep for the lower bound of 3 minutes and my next steep will be longer. In addition, I added a bit of rock sugar which only compounds the sweetie-nees to propagate an even more serene ride down the esophagus.

Now back to those questions. On An Idiot Abroad, Karl and Warwick are traveling through India and stop at a village that houses a pair of conjoined twins colloquially known as the spider girls. They walk parallel to the ground using their feet and two pairs of hands, giving reason for the name. Upon this visit, Karl meets with the girls while Warwick stays outside, refusing to meet with them as the desire to seek them out for being different touches an ethical cord within Warwick. As he stays outside, however, he is pursued by a parade of villagers only to watch and observe his actions (as the venerable actor comes in only at 3’ 6’’). Such irony only reserved to British Travel Documentaries, raises deep questions about moral relativism, the categorical imperative, and sheer cultural differences, but I am ill-equipped to handle such questions.

Instead, I look to another part of the show a little later where Warwick is pressured into appearing on-stage with Karl and the spider twins to be watched. The show flirts with the ethical issues of side-shows, but the pervasive theme at play here is really the story of bullying. Throughout the third season many measures are taken to ensure that the lovable, idiotic Karl does not bully Warwick for his physical stature, but in doing so we gloss over the bullying that Karl has endured since the beginning of the show. Therefore, the “bullying” goes both ways, in part, and plays upon the irony and moral dichotomies within the show and the characters themselves.

Moving away from this again, and returning to the issue of cultural differences, I have a question for the steepster community: Do you ever use sugar in your teas or do you find adding sugar to be sacrilege to the sanctity of tea? Also, for which teas and how much sugar do you typically use (.5 tsps)?

Many thanks!

Flavors: Apple Candy, banana, Caramel

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
Butiki Teas

So glad you are happy with our service! :) I think I know why the tea didn’t have much staying power. We usually recommend 2 teaspoons for just under 250 ml of water.

I personally don’t use sugar but I always offer it for my guests. Sugar really brings out the flavorings, so I often recommend it for flavored teas. When I serve tea with sugar, I use just under a tablespoon of brown crystal sugar (that sugar is much less sweet than cane sugar).

tantonino

Aha! Thank you, Stacy. Wasn’t sure how much water to use for the sample. The Breville has a 500mL min so that’s my usual default. This tea is so well received within the steepster community that I will definitely give it another try, and I’m looking forward to the Pistachio and Boracay Breeze that I must sample soon as well!

Krystal

I use honey now but at first I used rock sugar and now only use it occasionally.

tantonino

A delight! I have tried honey at a local tea shop (Dr. Bombay’s Underwater Tea Party), also a great charity for education in India, but I have yet to apply it to mine own western steeps.