Hello Sweetie

banana, Coconut, Cream, Sweet, Butter, Caramel, Nutty, Malt, Tea, Toasted, Apple Candy, Banana, Candy, Cookie, Toffee, Almond, Honey, Vanilla, Nuts, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by QueenOfTarts

Available from 1 seller.

5 Images

• “i love this tea.... go figure, it was made for me! but it's not just the blend i love.... it was the whole process. stacy is brilliant. we all know that, but working with her one on one that is...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes
  • “Sigh. Another sipdown (84). And unless Stacy decides to release this as a permanent blend, I may *never* have it again. I drank it after watching the 50th Anniversary special of Doctor Who. It...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (174) Got this as a sample in my most recent Butiki order and it is just as good as I remember...maybe even better? It really is the best coconut I have ever had but combined with the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2066 tasting notes
  • “*justjames* sent me a sample of this since i'm trying to try all the butiki teas! :) I am NOT a fan of coconut. You know what i am a fan of though? this tea! This is coconut and caramel and...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5357 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Hello Sweetie is a custom blend that we created for our customer, James. What initially started out as a coconut cream pie flavor with a puerh base tea turned into a banana, coconut, praline (nuts), and toffee flavor with our Premium Taiwanese Assam base tea. How did that happen? We are not entirely sure but this delicious combination has a creamy coconut and fresh banana flavor while also presenting a delicious praline flavor that adds a cookie quality to the tea. The toffee adds a buttery texture, while the base tea provides sweet cacao and caramel notes. If you love high quality teas with complex flavors and Doctor Who references then this tea is for you! We recommend adding a little sugar to transform this tea into an exquisite tropical cookie.

Ingredients: Premium Taiwanese Assam, Organic Coconut Flakes, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Stacy, James : BRAVO – Well done, congrats – what a delicious cup !

I think this blend can directly join the Butiki Teas official card but of course it’s up to Stacy.

I’ve been happy to see the puerh has been replaced by the Premium Taiwanese Assam, I love the tea base.
Of course a caramelized coconut is hitting me first then seconded by banana. Praline is not so evident to me. What a shock ! ouch what a match but all these flavours are pairing so well together it’s a real greedy pleasure to drink my mug.

I don’t think this is a tea I would drink too often because it may push me to go to the cupboard and take one or 2 cookies for a decadent afternoon break ! Be careful !

Thank you so much justjames for sharing some of your custom blend with me

WOW. I never thought it was possible for a tea to taste so…rich. Ultra-creamy, banana/coconut cream pie goodness! Tough to measure out because the leaves are so long, so I estimate the amount, and it comes out amazing every time. I drink this with milk, unsweetened, as I do with most of my “dessert-y” teas. Lovely, heavy aroma from the dry leaves that does not disappoint when brewed. Delicious!

Flavors: banana, Coconut, Cream, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Classic me, drinking nearly the entire pouch of tea yet not writing about it until I’m already on the last cup. I was excited about this one because as most people know, I’m ever so slightly obsessed with coconut, and banana chips are addictive as hell. Oh, and Assam? My favourite black tea. So ideally, this should be a winner.

Yet somehow I’m not that excited about it? The coconut is nice, but rather faint. I think the main problem is that my palate isn’t finding that these flavours mesh well together. Something doesn’t fit. It kind of reminds me of Foxy Roxy’s, but man, that one just works. It’s packed full of flavour and there’s a harmony there that this one is lacking.

Come to think of it, the coconut in this reminds me of the coconut that David’s uses in blends like Stormy Night, which I’m not really crazy over. Maybe that’s another subconscious issue I’m having with this.

I mean, it’s good, but there are so many better Butiki blends out there, IMHO. This just makes me want to grab a cup of Foxy Roxy’s!

Yummy! Another score for Butiki. An excellent tea this afternoon.

Inkling

Mmm, love that one!

This tea is amazing! I knew it had coconut in it, as that was the first thing I smelled when I opened the bag. But my first sip surprised me with…banana??? I’ve never had a banana tea before and the concept sounds strange, but – at least in this instance – it totally works! Coconut and banana and just a hint of caramel combined into the most rich, buttery tea I’ve ever had in my life. I may just have to buy a bit more of this before it’s too late!

Flavors: banana, Butter, Caramel, Coconut, Nutty

carol who

One of my favorites too!

I love the name of this one. First tea of the (rainy) day, home after swimming and happy to warm up. I couldn’t remember what the flavours for this one were. First impression, I smelled and tasted coconut. A lot of coconut. I looked it up and saw “banana and caramel”. Didn’t get too much of that, until I got further down my cup, abit more rock sugar in the bottom seemed to make the banana more prominent.

Maybe because I have so much DT and they put coconut in everything, this one didn’t blow me way as much as frankly….every single other butiki tea I have tried!! I may also have under leafed and will try again. Maybe I have just had too much coconut lately. Still a very nice, smooth tea, I would very happily drink again.

Aroma: Sweet coconut, banana
Liquor Color: Deep amber
Liquor Flavor: Sweet rich banana, light coconut, candy
Notes: Once again, the dry leaves smelled so good, not fake, but sweet banana coconut goodness. I was afraid it would be too tropical, but it was just so well balanced, I can’t get over how wonderful the flavors mingle. Yummy!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I just received this tea in the mail and gave it a try. I think I made it a bit too strong, and it may have been a mistake to drink it immediately after the chili that I had for lunch. I got mostly coconut and banana flavor, and I liked it more as I went along. I’m going to try a second steep and see how that works.

Edited to add: The second steep is a bit more subtle and quite nice. The base tea flavor now comes through and it is malty and rich. At some point I will try a bit of sugar in it just to see, although I generally do not sweeten tea.

Flavors: banana, Coconut, Malt

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I can probably count on one hand the companies I get my flavoured teas from, and Butiki is one of them. After reading all the rave reviews of this, I added it to my wishlist and it sat there for a long time until I read about Butiki’s eventual closing.

Somehow a package filled with tea showed up on my doorstep last week. No idea how that happened.

I had a rather hectic week, so I didn’t get around to trying anything in it until yesterday, when I pulled this one out at random. Three teaspoons, 12 oz water at 200 F, and I had dessert in a cup.

One thing I love about Butiki’s flavoured teas is how the flavouring really complements the base tea. I didn’t get much in the way of bananas, but the coconut and buttery toffee went deliciously well with the honey and caramel of the Premium Taiwanese Assam base. And my room smelled like cookies.

I’m very tempted to get more before it’s gone for good. There’s something so comforting about this tea.

Kittenna

Funny how the tea just appears…. >.>

I’ve wanted to try this tea for a long time, since it always seemed to float to the top of popular/recommended teas here on Steepster, and finally ordered some last week. I’m very sad that Butiki is closing, but glad I have the opportunity to try some of their creations.

And this tea, well, all the rave reviews are totally justified in my opinion! The blend has visible coconut pieces and flower petals, and the aroma is of fresh, natural-seeming coconut as well, which I’m a big fan of. I was expecting predominately coconut in the flavor as well, but there’s a nice surprising complexity to it. There’s banana, and when have I ever liked banana? The answer is never—until now! The flavors blend together smoothly like a banana coconut cream pie, and it’s not too sweet, not at all artificial, and perfectly cozy with a nice smooth base. This tea really restores my faith in flavored blends, if it had been lacking in the first place, and I’m sad that I didn’t order more. But I wouldn’t want to be the person who bought out the stock of it either, haha.