Hello Sweetie

Coconut, Creamy, Pastries, banana, Cream, Sweet, Butter, Caramel, Nutty, Malt, Tea, Toasted, Apple Candy, Banana, Candy, Cookie, Toffee, Almond, Honey, Vanilla, Nuts, Fruity, Smooth, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

Available from 1 seller.

5 Images

From Butiki Teas

Hello Sweetie is a custom blend that we created for our customer, James. What initially started out as a coconut cream pie flavor with a puerh base tea turned into a banana, coconut, praline (nuts), and toffee flavor with our Premium Taiwanese Assam base tea. How did that happen? We are not entirely sure but this delicious combination has a creamy coconut and fresh banana flavor while also presenting a delicious praline flavor that adds a cookie quality to the tea. The toffee adds a buttery texture, while the base tea provides sweet cacao and caramel notes. If you love high quality teas with complex flavors and Doctor Who references then this tea is for you! We recommend adding a little sugar to transform this tea into an exquisite tropical cookie.

Ingredients: Premium Taiwanese Assam, Organic Coconut Flakes, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Stacy, James : BRAVO – Well done, congrats – what a delicious cup !

I think this blend can directly join the Butiki Teas official card but of course it’s up to Stacy.

I’ve been happy to see the puerh has been replaced by the Premium Taiwanese Assam, I love the tea base.
Of course a caramelized coconut is hitting me first then seconded by banana. Praline is not so evident to me. What a shock ! ouch what a match but all these flavours are pairing so well together it’s a real greedy pleasure to drink my mug.

I don’t think this is a tea I would drink too often because it may push me to go to the cupboard and take one or 2 cookies for a decadent afternoon break ! Be careful !

Thank you so much justjames for sharing some of your custom blend with me

Sipdown on this, my last two cups of this. It feels very complex with just the right amount of smoothness, sweetness, and subtle bite (probably from the assam base?) to balance it all out, with tastes that linger. The weight of the flavors feel very natural. Going to miss this one for sure, definitely in my top 10 Butiki Teas list.. possibly even top 5! Its teas like this that make me sad I did not get turned on to Butiki until late, but very glad that I did get the chance.. better late than never =)

Dry, this one smells like coconut sunscreen—not the most auspicious of beginnings! Steeped, though, it’s PTA with a delightful hint of toasted coconut. I don’t get much banana, but that’s okay. I still have a bit of this one left, but given coconut’s tendency to go soapy I’m thinking I better drink it up soon. I’ll miss this one!

OMG, I hate the soapy coconut taste when it turns! I need to keep less coconut teas around in hopes of going through them faster.

It’s so vile! I like (some) coconut blends, but given how long I take to get through most of my teas I’ve decided it doesn’t make sense for me to keep them around, either.

This is the first cup of loose leaf tea I have drank in months. I picked the perfect tea to remind myself why I love it so much. I have been absent for good reason, and there are some personal issues I’m still dealing with, so it might take a while for me to ease myself back into writing proper tasting notes, but I’m glad to be back. These last few months haven’t been the greatest for me, but I’m hoping that the worst is now behind me and I can move on – with tea! This is the third (I think) time I’ve drank this, but I don’t remember it ever being so totally delicious. Banana is on my list of hated flavours, so on paper I shouldn’t enjoy this tea, but Stacy suggested the banana was light enough that I’d enjoy it and I’m pleased to report that she was right. Brewed for 5 or 6 minutes (I got distracted) the Premium Taiwanese Assam doesn’t go at all bitter, but rather becomes delicious and caramelly. I added one sugar but after trying it like this decided against adding milk as it was already so perfect and I didn’t want to ruin it. The banana flavour is actually really enjoyable blended so well with the other flavours, and the praline is definitely dominant long with the caramel. The sugar brings out the coconut flavours too, which are strongest in the aftertaste, which I really enjoyed as coconut is one of my favourite flavours. A really great tea to reintroduce myself with, but I’m still praying that Stacy will get bored of her freedom and come back to making teas! Her talent is far too good to disappear ):

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

welcome back! hugs

Thank you! ^^

Welcome back. :)

Thanks! (:

First off – thank you Ost for the generous sample of this Butiki treasure!! I have been cheating on tea with coffee this past two weeks to get through midterms so when I got this in the mail today – I literally could not wait to try it, haha!
As a Doctor Who & coconut & banana fan I had been wanting to try this tea since I’ve heard of it and it did not disappoint. Mind you, I underleafed this one a bit because I want to hoard what I do have (it will be a sad, sad day when this is a sipdown) I think it gave a nice flavour!
Nice and sweet and light. A realllly lovely coconut flavour mostly with a bit of nutty/ creamy undertones. I don’t get the banana that I’ve seen noted in some tasting notes (womp womp) but that’s totally okay because this is SUCH a nice coconut tea! The hunt for a great banana tea continues!
Thanks Ost! I’ll be sad to see the rest of this go! :)

Flavors: Coconut

2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Breakfast/work tea!

I think I’m going to have to try this in a mug just to see if there’s any difference between that and travel mug prep. I made this to take to work with me this morning. I’m trying to get back in the habit of taking tea to work with me instead of just drinking the coffee that’s constantly available in the cafeteria. My fiance has pointed out that I’m much more anxious/panicky on days when I drink coffee and that I seem to be calmer when I have tea instead. So, waking up earlier to make tea it is.

This one smells tropical – banana and coconut. It even tastes tropical, but I get the feeling that’s a scent-influencing-perceived-taste thing. As the tea cools, I’m picking up baked goods notes from the coconut with maybe the slightest sour edge. The banana adds creaminess.

I added some rock sugar in an effort to make the toffee element of this pop, but I don’t think the sugar actually did anything. Maybe tomorrow I’ll add more or just have it plain. Overall, I’m enjoying this one!

Flavors: Creamy, Pastries

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Merry Christmas everyone! I have a couple of notes built up from the past few days, so apologies for flooding your dashboards a little!

Mmm… I was really craving something delicious, coconutty and kinda sweet, so this seemed like just the thing!

I made it using Stacy’s instructions and it was wonderful! The smell was delightful and it was exceptionally smooth on the palette. Lovely stuff!

Flavors: Coconut, Cream

Well, this was a sad sipdown! Had the last of it this morning, and said goodbye to Hello Sweetie. Normally, I don’t tend to post multiple reviews for the same tea, but this one was so special. Enjoyed every yummy banana-coconut-cream-pie drop. I don’t know what kind of magical blending mojo you’ve got, Stacy, but it’s a gift. I’m only sorry I didn’t order from Butiki sooner!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Classic me, drinking nearly the entire pouch of tea yet not writing about it until I’m already on the last cup. I was excited about this one because as most people know, I’m ever so slightly obsessed with coconut, and banana chips are addictive as hell. Oh, and Assam? My favourite black tea. So ideally, this should be a winner.

Yet somehow I’m not that excited about it? The coconut is nice, but rather faint. I think the main problem is that my palate isn’t finding that these flavours mesh well together. Something doesn’t fit. It kind of reminds me of Foxy Roxy’s, but man, that one just works. It’s packed full of flavour and there’s a harmony there that this one is lacking.

Come to think of it, the coconut in this reminds me of the coconut that David’s uses in blends like Stormy Night, which I’m not really crazy over. Maybe that’s another subconscious issue I’m having with this.

I mean, it’s good, but there are so many better Butiki blends out there, IMHO. This just makes me want to grab a cup of Foxy Roxy’s!

Yummy! Another score for Butiki. An excellent tea this afternoon.

Mmm, love that one!