Hello Sweetie

banana, Coconut, Malt, Caramel, Tea, Toasted, Apple Candy, Banana, Candy, Cookie, Cream, Toffee, Almond, Honey, Sweet, Vanilla, Nuts, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by QueenOfTarts

Available from 1 seller.

5 Images

• “i love this tea.... go figure, it was made for me! but it's not just the blend i love.... it was the whole process. stacy is brilliant. we all know that, but working with her one on one that is...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes
  • “Sigh. Another sipdown (84). And unless Stacy decides to release this as a permanent blend, I may *never* have it again. I drank it after watching the 50th Anniversary special of Doctor Who. It...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (174) Got this as a sample in my most recent Butiki order and it is just as good as I remember...maybe even better? It really is the best coconut I have ever had but combined with the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1966 tasting notes
  • “*justjames* sent me a sample of this since i'm trying to try all the butiki teas! :) I am NOT a fan of coconut. You know what i am a fan of though? this tea! This is coconut and caramel and...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5075 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Hello Sweetie is a custom blend that we created for our customer, James. What initially started out as a coconut cream pie flavor with a puerh base tea turned into a banana, coconut, praline (nuts), and toffee flavor with our Premium Taiwanese Assam base tea. How did that happen? We are not entirely sure but this delicious combination has a creamy coconut and fresh banana flavor while also presenting a delicious praline flavor that adds a cookie quality to the tea. The toffee adds a buttery texture, while the base tea provides sweet cacao and caramel notes. If you love high quality teas with complex flavors and Doctor Who references then this tea is for you! We recommend adding a little sugar to transform this tea into an exquisite tropical cookie.

Ingredients: Premium Taiwanese Assam, Organic Coconut Flakes, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Stacy, James : BRAVO – Well done, congrats – what a delicious cup !

I think this blend can directly join the Butiki Teas official card but of course it’s up to Stacy.

I’ve been happy to see the puerh has been replaced by the Premium Taiwanese Assam, I love the tea base.
Of course a caramelized coconut is hitting me first then seconded by banana. Praline is not so evident to me. What a shock ! ouch what a match but all these flavours are pairing so well together it’s a real greedy pleasure to drink my mug.

I don’t think this is a tea I would drink too often because it may push me to go to the cupboard and take one or 2 cookies for a decadent afternoon break ! Be careful !

Thank you so much justjames for sharing some of your custom blend with me

I just received this tea in the mail and gave it a try. I think I made it a bit too strong, and it may have been a mistake to drink it immediately after the chili that I had for lunch. I got mostly coconut and banana flavor, and I liked it more as I went along. I’m going to try a second steep and see how that works.

Edited to add: The second steep is a bit more subtle and quite nice. The base tea flavor now comes through and it is malty and rich. At some point I will try a bit of sugar in it just to see, although I generally do not sweeten tea.

Flavors: banana, Coconut, Malt

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I can probably count on one hand the companies I get my flavoured teas from, and Butiki is one of them. After reading all the rave reviews of this, I added it to my wishlist and it sat there for a long time until I read about Butiki’s eventual closing.

Somehow a package filled with tea showed up on my doorstep last week. No idea how that happened.

I had a rather hectic week, so I didn’t get around to trying anything in it until yesterday, when I pulled this one out at random. Three teaspoons, 12 oz water at 200 F, and I had dessert in a cup.

One thing I love about Butiki’s flavoured teas is how the flavouring really complements the base tea. I didn’t get much in the way of bananas, but the coconut and buttery toffee went deliciously well with the honey and caramel of the Premium Taiwanese Assam base. And my room smelled like cookies.

I’m very tempted to get more before it’s gone for good. There’s something so comforting about this tea.

Kittenna

Funny how the tea just appears…. >.>

I’ve wanted to try this tea for a long time, since it always seemed to float to the top of popular/recommended teas here on Steepster, and finally ordered some last week. I’m very sad that Butiki is closing, but glad I have the opportunity to try some of their creations.

And this tea, well, all the rave reviews are totally justified in my opinion! The blend has visible coconut pieces and flower petals, and the aroma is of fresh, natural-seeming coconut as well, which I’m a big fan of. I was expecting predominately coconut in the flavor as well, but there’s a nice surprising complexity to it. There’s banana, and when have I ever liked banana? The answer is never—until now! The flavors blend together smoothly like a banana coconut cream pie, and it’s not too sweet, not at all artificial, and perfectly cozy with a nice smooth base. This tea really restores my faith in flavored blends, if it had been lacking in the first place, and I’m sad that I didn’t order more. But I wouldn’t want to be the person who bought out the stock of it either, haha.

This tea is a winner. It smells as nifty as it tastes. How is that you say? How can something smell or taste nifty? Try this tea, with its toasty coconut and creamy banana flavor, its deep black tea and caramel tones, and you’ll find out. :)

Flavors: banana, Caramel, Coconut, Tea, Toasted

Absolutely divine. I oversteeped a bit and blended the cup with a tray of ice (in dalek and tardis shapes too!)—it turned frothy and creamy and amazing. This is definitely a much better coconut/banana cream pie than the actual offering from Butiki (but I’m not a big rooibos person) :) Definitely my favorite Butiki tea so far!

If you like coconut, then this is perfect. I was a little disappointed that the coconut drowns out all the other flavor potential this tea has. It didn’t taste bad, it just seemed rather one note to me. That being said, it smelled amazing and felt decadent.

Flavors: Coconut

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML

Whew, I did actually write about this one before. (But I’ve had it like, 6 times, and probably only have one note…) Anyhow! Still love this tea, though I didn’t order more (I’m wary of stocking up on teas with coconut, since it seems to go off). Delicious raisiny, coconut, banana, chocolate. Very decadent, and good for a bunch of re-steeps because of the solid base.

Tea Sipper

Yeah, I made a list of teas with coconut recently just to drink them quicker. :D

Kittenna

Very clever!

800th tasting note!!!

For some reason, this tea reminds me of fond memories from my childhood. I can’t quite put my finger on the reason, but either way, it is wonderful!
Of course, the base is perfect, and pairs perfectly with coconut. I am not usually the biggest fan of banana in tea, but here it is delicious.
I really enjoyed this tea, the mellow flavours that aren’t “in your face” but meld together well. This has a relaxing effect, but energizing at the same time.

TheTeaFairy

Woot! 800 is a wholotta notes, congrats :-)

Awesome! Grats on 800!

I made teatinis for guests yesterday and this tea with Kettle One Vodka was a huge success! I made 8oz of tea and doubled the amount of tea I would normally use plus I added 2 tablespoons of brown crystal sugar while it was steeping. Then added vodka and ice until the shaker was full and shook it. Made about 3 martinis. It came out amazing. It had the perfect sweetness with burned caramel notes, black tea, and the coconut and banana flavors. The vodka was hardly noticeable. The martinis were a huge hit! Will definitely have to come up with a recipe.

TeaBrat

Nice! I want to come to your house… :)

awesome! sounds delicious!

Butiki Teas

It was fantastic! I will have to make more tonight and take pics and come up with a real recipe. :)

mj

What a great idea! I may have to try that sometime. Will you post the “finalized” recipe?

Butiki Teas

mj-absolutely! :)

Cheri

Sounds awesome! (Other than the coconut…)

TheTeaFairy

That’s my kind of tea-party!!!

Stephanie

I think this sounds soooo goood. I bet it’d be good with rum or bourbon instead of vodka as well, might pair nicely with the coconut.