Hello Sweetie

Apple Candy, banana, Caramel, Banana, Coconut, Candy, Cookie, Cream, Toffee, Almond, Honey, Sweet, Vanilla, Nuts, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by QueenOfTarts

Available from 1 seller.

5 Images

• “i love this tea.... go figure, it was made for me! but it's not just the blend i love.... it was the whole process. stacy is brilliant. we all know that, but working with her one on one that is...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes
  • “Sigh. Another sipdown (84). And unless Stacy decides to release this as a permanent blend, I may *never* have it again. I drank it after watching the 50th Anniversary special of Doctor Who. It...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1693 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (174) Got this as a sample in my most recent Butiki order and it is just as good as I remember...maybe even better? It really is the best coconut I have ever had but combined with the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1922 tasting notes
  • “*justjames* sent me a sample of this since i'm trying to try all the butiki teas! :) I am NOT a fan of coconut. You know what i am a fan of though? this tea! This is coconut and caramel and...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Hello Sweetie is a custom blend that we created for our customer, James. What initially started out as a coconut cream pie flavor with a puerh base tea turned into a banana, coconut, praline (nuts), and toffee flavor with our Premium Taiwanese Assam base tea. How did that happen? We are not entirely sure but this delicious combination has a creamy coconut and fresh banana flavor while also presenting a delicious praline flavor that adds a cookie quality to the tea. The toffee adds a buttery texture, while the base tea provides sweet cacao and caramel notes. If you love high quality teas with complex flavors and Doctor Who references then this tea is for you! We recommend adding a little sugar to transform this tea into an exquisite tropical cookie.

Ingredients: Premium Taiwanese Assam, Organic Coconut Flakes, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Stacy, James : BRAVO – Well done, congrats – what a delicious cup !

I think this blend can directly join the Butiki Teas official card but of course it’s up to Stacy.

I’ve been happy to see the puerh has been replaced by the Premium Taiwanese Assam, I love the tea base.
Of course a caramelized coconut is hitting me first then seconded by banana. Praline is not so evident to me. What a shock ! ouch what a match but all these flavours are pairing so well together it’s a real greedy pleasure to drink my mug.

I don’t think this is a tea I would drink too often because it may push me to go to the cupboard and take one or 2 cookies for a decadent afternoon break ! Be careful !

Thank you so much justjames for sharing some of your custom blend with me

I guess this is one of the teas that I missed reviewing in the past few months. I did get a sample of it originally, with a joint order (I believe), and had two very delicious cups’ worth, so of course, I had to order 2 ounces during the recent sale.

I don’t think I like this tea quite as much as the plain PTA, but I appreciate and enjoy the caramel/coconut/banana flavours that come out with the raisiny PTA, which makes it very much like a dessert treat tea, which is perfect. I’m not drinking this right now, so can’t make very detailed observations, but it’s quite a good blend of flavours on a solid, flavourful base. Great in a travel mug, and as all teas are, even better consumed normally. Bonus points for the Doctor Who reference, of course, but I’d like the tea just as much with another name.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

800th tasting note!!!

For some reason, this tea reminds me of fond memories from my childhood. I can’t quite put my finger on the reason, but either way, it is wonderful!
Of course, the base is perfect, and pairs perfectly with coconut. I am not usually the biggest fan of banana in tea, but here it is delicious.
I really enjoyed this tea, the mellow flavours that aren’t “in your face” but meld together well. This has a relaxing effect, but energizing at the same time.

TheTeaFairy

Woot! 800 is a wholotta notes, congrats :-)

Awesome! Grats on 800!

I made teatinis for guests yesterday and this tea with Kettle One Vodka was a huge success! I made 8oz of tea and doubled the amount of tea I would normally use plus I added 2 tablespoons of brown crystal sugar while it was steeping. Then added vodka and ice until the shaker was full and shook it. Made about 3 martinis. It came out amazing. It had the perfect sweetness with burned caramel notes, black tea, and the coconut and banana flavors. The vodka was hardly noticeable. The martinis were a huge hit! Will definitely have to come up with a recipe.

TeaBrat

Nice! I want to come to your house… :)

awesome! sounds delicious!

Butiki Teas

It was fantastic! I will have to make more tonight and take pics and come up with a real recipe. :)

mj

What a great idea! I may have to try that sometime. Will you post the “finalized” recipe?

mj-absolutely! :)

Cheri

Sounds awesome! (Other than the coconut…)

TheTeaFairy

That’s my kind of tea-party!!!

Stephanie

I think this sounds soooo goood. I bet it’d be good with rum or bourbon instead of vodka as well, might pair nicely with the coconut.

As I sit here, watching Ricky Gervais’ An Idiot Abroad and drinking Hello Sweetie, questions pour into my head.

Hello Sweetie is a blend created by Stacy from Butiki Tea and fellow Steepsterite JustJames! I received Hello Sweetie as a requested sample from Butiki, and let me just say what a fantastic buying experience Stacy provides – from requesting samples to getting a handwritten note in the mail along with your tea – it is a pleasure.

Thus, using the 2 teaspoon sample and 500mL of boiling water, I tried Hello Sweetie for the first time. A sweet, caramely black tea, Hello Sweetie has no astringency at all and instead allows for a smooth, creamy sip. I pick up on the banana and (perceived) candied-apple undertones from the scent of the tea, but my cup lacks a bit of staying power and taste. I did, however, only steep for the lower bound of 3 minutes and my next steep will be longer. In addition, I added a bit of rock sugar which only compounds the sweetie-nees to propagate an even more serene ride down the esophagus.

Now back to those questions. On An Idiot Abroad, Karl and Warwick are traveling through India and stop at a village that houses a pair of conjoined twins colloquially known as the spider girls. They walk parallel to the ground using their feet and two pairs of hands, giving reason for the name. Upon this visit, Karl meets with the girls while Warwick stays outside, refusing to meet with them as the desire to seek them out for being different touches an ethical cord within Warwick. As he stays outside, however, he is pursued by a parade of villagers only to watch and observe his actions (as the venerable actor comes in only at 3’ 6’’). Such irony only reserved to British Travel Documentaries, raises deep questions about moral relativism, the categorical imperative, and sheer cultural differences, but I am ill-equipped to handle such questions.

Instead, I look to another part of the show a little later where Warwick is pressured into appearing on-stage with Karl and the spider twins to be watched. The show flirts with the ethical issues of side-shows, but the pervasive theme at play here is really the story of bullying. Throughout the third season many measures are taken to ensure that the lovable, idiotic Karl does not bully Warwick for his physical stature, but in doing so we gloss over the bullying that Karl has endured since the beginning of the show. Therefore, the “bullying” goes both ways, in part, and plays upon the irony and moral dichotomies within the show and the characters themselves.

Moving away from this again, and returning to the issue of cultural differences, I have a question for the steepster community: Do you ever use sugar in your teas or do you find adding sugar to be sacrilege to the sanctity of tea? Also, for which teas and how much sugar do you typically use (.5 tsps)?

Many thanks!

Flavors: Apple Candy, banana, Caramel

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
Butiki Teas

So glad you are happy with our service! :) I think I know why the tea didn’t have much staying power. We usually recommend 2 teaspoons for just under 250 ml of water.

I personally don’t use sugar but I always offer it for my guests. Sugar really brings out the flavorings, so I often recommend it for flavored teas. When I serve tea with sugar, I use just under a tablespoon of brown crystal sugar (that sugar is much less sweet than cane sugar).

tantonino

Aha! Thank you, Stacy. Wasn’t sure how much water to use for the sample. The Breville has a 500mL min so that’s my usual default. This tea is so well received within the steepster community that I will definitely give it another try, and I’m looking forward to the Pistachio and Boracay Breeze that I must sample soon as well!

Krystal

I use honey now but at first I used rock sugar and now only use it occasionally.

tantonino

A delight! I have tried honey at a local tea shop (Dr. Bombay’s Underwater Tea Party), also a great charity for education in India, but I have yet to apply it to mine own western steeps.

LOVE!! First of all can I say LOVE the name??! “Hello Sweetie…..” Ugh love. So blended this up this morning. Felt like this would be a good choice for a breakfast tea with its black tea base. It’s amazing! I didn’t add any sugar. It doesn’t need it. No milk either. It’s perfect just the way it is. The tea has obvious caramel and toffee notes. Then there’s a little coconut but not in a tropical way. Perfectly balanced. Then there’s nut. And a touch of banana on the tongue at the end. It’s glorious and probably my new perfect breakfast blend when I want something more complex. Delicious.

Now this is a pretty tea! The leaves are dark, medium length, and twisty, but also blended with beautiful coconut shreds and some sort of fruit zest? For those who don’t know, I’m OBSESSED with coconut. It even rivals my chocolate obsession, which says something! When brewing, this tea smells of coconut(!) with an overall tropical aroma. The liquor is a warm red clay color. When sipped, the coconut comes out first (yay coconut!), followed by what tastes exactly like bananas foster. Seriously, it tastes exactly like that! Now, I am extremely picky about my banana flavors. Basically, I like bananas, but have never liked something that was banana flavored until now. The banana is overall incredibly natural tasting. The only thing holding me back from going bananas over this tea (sorry about the horrible pun; I just had to) is the transition from the coconut to the bananas foster. Just for a second, I get a hit of banana candy flavor before it transitions to real caramelized banana. Considering just how picky I am, this is a super impressive banana tea!

Flavors: Banana, Caramel, Coconut

TheTeaFairy

I have ordered a little bit, just to compare with Foxy Roxy…Foxy has VERY subtle notes of banana and they are very natural, it’s more of a banana bread kind of thing. Hmmm, wonder if you’d like it, not being a fan of banana flavoured things…But you do like real bananas, so you never know!

mj

Well, I guess I should have said that I do like banana bread a lot. To me, that tastes like real bananas. And I add dark chocolate chips when I make it and then I like it even more :)

mj

So I probably would like Foxy Roxy a lot!

TheTeaFairy

Mmmmmm!!! Dark chocolate AND banana!!!!!

Sarsonator

I love my little Foxy Roxy!

Hooray, I got my swap from Sarsonator! I’ve been (im)patiently awaiting the arrival of Lady Gaga (aka Minnesota Blend). However, I don’t believe that she has tried it yet herself, so I’m not going to make it right this second, even though I want to! I’m actually really happy this came today, because now I get to try this tea and Oriental Beauty before tomorrow’s sale so I’ll know whether I need to order them or not. Hooray for excellent timing! :)

Anyway, this tea smells amazing! Very sweet and strong coconut and banana scents, and I definitely get some cookie or pie crust too. It’s like coconut cream pie combined with that amazing banana pudding concoction that has the whipped cream and the vanilla wafer cookies!

And, of course, it tastes fantastic! I definitely still get the coconut cream pie and banana pudding mash-up dessert. There’s a cookie element here, and a little bit of toffee. The coconut flavor kind of reminds me of those chewy coconut candies that have the pink, white, and brown stripes (sorry, I have no idea what they’re called, but they’re little cubes and they’re individually wrapped). I wouldn’t call it the most “authentic” coconut, since real coconuts are much milder and not sweet, but I think it works perfectly in this blend. The banana is the same way – it’s definitely more of a banana candy flavor (reminds me of banana-flavored chews or taffy) but I love it! It’s lovely banana-coconut candy tea with toffee chip cookies and whipped cream over the top! I had mine with a bit of sugar but I bet this would be amazing with milk as well. :)

Edit: Psssst, here’s a picture of the candies! http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Sundaes-Neopolitan-Coconut-Candies.jpg

Flavors: banana, Candy, Coconut, Cookie, Cream, Toffee

Stephanie

Love this one! And I remember those candies!!!

Cameron B.

Well I’m glad someone knows what I’m talking about, I wasn’t sure how popular they are. :P And yes, I love it too!

Sarsonator

Yay! I’m so glad you like this one!!!!! I mailed you about the Gaga. I kind of want to see what you think. :)

I remember trying a sample of this tea a while ago and not writing a tasting note because I gulped down the cup quickly without concentrating. Hopefully I’ll be able to slow it down with today’s cup! The scent of this tea is delicious! I smell crumbly cookies, bananas and coconut. The dry tea leaves are absolutely huge and a little bit creepy. They remind me a bit of twisted tree branches from a dark forest.

Sipping… mmmm! I first taste the banana. It’s a nice, very well-rounded banana flavor. Nothing fake about it! I love that I taste the sweetness from the banana, but the coconut also comes in and adds a sort of tart, sour flavor. This coconut I can tolerate because it’s very balanced with the banana and doesn’t become too overwhelming.

I taste a bit of biscuit next, sort of a shortbread flavor that adds a nice richness to the tea. I also love the assam base for this blend as it wraps everything up nicely and adds the slightest bit of astringency at the finish. I think that this tea would be really delicious with a splash of milk. I think I’ll try that next time as a creamy note would take this over the top! Such a tasty and unique tea!

This tea keeps making me think of River from DW whenever I see it. And As much as I don’t like her, I still decided to try this one. And I’m so glad I did!
Bananas, toffee, and coconut. Ugh. This tea, man.
It smells like candy, and it’s sweet enough not to feel like I should add any sweetener. It’s just as strong in smell as it is in flavor. It’s seriously just so good.
I can’t even say that enough. I’ll have to stock up on this.
We should just deem this the official DW tea. Forget all the fandom blends on Adagio. This one just beats them all. :P

Flavors: banana, Candy, Coconut, Toffee

Mandy

Debating on if I would like this or not. I like bananas, and banana bread, but I’ve never had anything that was banana flavored that I liked. But maybe with toffee and coconut, I could find a winning combination!

Ost

I mean the other flavors are pretty strong too. I think you might like it. If you hated it you could always swap it with someone on here…everyone likes Butiki xD

Mandy

This is true!

Ost

But I have a feeling that you will like it!

TheTeaFairy

Ost, You seem to be having a good Butiki experience so far, so happy about that :-)

Ost

Yeah! It’s definitely living up to the hype in my world! :D