Irish Cream Cheesecake

Calendula, Cornflower Petals, Marshmallow Leaf, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan), Organic Sourenee Second Flush
Creamy, Irish Cream, Cream, Earth, Grapes, Nuts, Muscatel, Nutty, Tangy, Butter, Vanilla
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

From Butiki Teas

Our Irish Cream Cheesecake pairs our Organic Sourenee Second Flush with a rich Irish Cream flavor. The cheesecake notes can be detected towards the end of each sip. The slightly earthy but chocolate base tea contrasts the intense creaminess that lingers long after each sip. This tea is decadent even without sugar. With sugar, the sweet creaminess is intense but the cheesecake becomes more prominent and balances the flavor so that it is not excessive. We recommend drinking this tea hot. As it cools, more water may need to be added if a slight bitterness occurs. Please research all precautions before consuming any herbs (marshmallow leaf).

Ingredients: Organic Sourenee Second Flush, Organic Cornflowers, Organic Calendula, Organic Marshmallow Leaf, Organic Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 205 F

For more information please visit: http://www.butikiteas.com/

About Butiki Teas View company

Definitely growing on me. I made some of this tea yesterday to take out with me and when I got back home I found that SOMEONE had tossed the leaves I was going to resteep. I apparently didn’t get my fix because I’m drinking it again this morning. It isn’t a super flashy flavored tea like I’m often drawn to, but what it has it does really well.

Dustin

Ugh! I went for a second steep after a nap and came back to an empty steeper again. We have four steepers on that counter, three of which were not in use, yet mine was dumped to steep some other tea. My husband is usually pretty good about leaving my leaves, so I’m suspecting it was our house guest. :(

Thank you to TeaTiff for this sample, my first swap ever on Steepster!

This doesn’t really seem like a special or decadent tea to me. It just seems normal. If I tasted it at a tea room, I would think it was a nice black tea. It smells a bit sweet, but the sip leaves me with a strong astringent taste that I can’t get over or associate with cheesecake.

Butiki Teas

This one is probably our biggest failure. We discontinued it shortly after releasing it. The main issue is that there is a sweet spot for making this tea but it is very difficult to achieve and it often means the tea becomes astringent or overshadows the flavor. We are working on a new blend with a different and gentle base tea.

Final Butiki of the “morning” (even though it is now after 12pm, it’s still before lunch). First thing – this one smells divine while brewing! I used 1.5 tsp of leaf, and gave it 2.5 minutes in boiling water. As soon as the leaves hit the water, I was greeted with a wonderful creamy, caramel-vanilla scent. I stood for a few seconds just inhaling the steam, it was so good – it actually reminds me a little of Butiki’s Caramel Vanilla Assam.

I’ve heard a lot about this tea, so I’m going to go with the recommendation of drinking it hot. The first sip is wonderful – very creamy, tasting strongly of vanilla, with a coffee-like bitterness lurking just underneath the surface. It’s extremely rich, and it does remind me a little of Irish Cream. I’m even getting a bit of biscuitty, cheesecake-esque flavour right at the end of the sip, although it’s rather fleeting.

I can taste the darjeeling base quite prominently – it has that grapey, slightly metallic flavour that I associate with second flush. As my cup cools, I can taste the beginnings of astringency, and the flavour does seem to fade a little. Having said that, I’m not sure I could drink an entire cup at the initial level of rich creaminess. I think it would end up being too cloying. I’m at the stage (about half way through my cup) where the touch of bitterness is actually reasonably welcome, since it’s stopping what’s currently gorgeously tasty become overpowering. I’m also getting more buttery biscuit at this stage as well, and it makes this into a seriously yummy cup.

I’m really happy with this one, although I do appreciate that I drank it with the benefit of other people’s hindsight and advice. I think it captures both the sweet, rich, creamy vanilla, irish cream flavoured aspect AND the buttery biscuit base aspect of cheesecake superbly, IF it’s caught at its peak point. Now that I’m coming to the end of my rapidly cooling cup, I’m mostly just tasting a slightly astringent darjeeling. Although it’s pleasant darjeeling, for all that.

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

Got a sample of this from Stephanie! :D
Don’t think that there was enough for the “correct” steeping amount, So I’m not sure how accurate this note is gonna be.
This one was a bit disappointing though.
It smelled and tasted a bit malty, but that was about it. There wasn’t much flavor to it. It was creamy and kinda malty.
That’s really all I got. :S
Definitely not one of the best Butiki Teas I’ve tried, but not the worse. It’s okay. Glad I got to try it!

Stephanie

It is discontinued anyway. Sorry there wasn’t much left!

Ost

That’s okay! I just wanted to try a bit anyway (: Thanks again! :D

Tea Pet

I get so sad when I see that people don’t like this tea… :( I love this one! Maybe I’m just a weirdo XP

Stephanie

I loved it too, TeaPet!

I got this sample from Stephanie, because I wanted to try more Butiki teas.

This smells nice, a bit herbal… but mostly like a creamy black tea. The flavour makes me think of an Irish Breakfast blend if I added a lot of cream to it. Overall, I like the creamy black tea, but I’m not really getting much cheesecake.

Flavors: Creamy, Irish Cream

GCTTB3

Man, I treated this tea really poorly today. Remember that in my last note I made 2 teas at a time in different mugs? Well, this was the second one. And I did not pay attention to it at all. I let it get cold, then I reheated it, then I let it get cold again – and it’s now 5 hours later, and I’ve had less than half the cup.

For what it’s worth, it certainly smells nice, but I think that in general I’m wary of Butiki’s flavoured blends, even though yesterday’s Premium Taiwanese Assam was amazing. It smells like chocolate and cream, though.

I’m on a roll here with the backlogs. Ive been slacking! I had this one so long ago, but I remember it very well and I kept copy of my notes in my own spreadsheet.

I was wary trying this one since I hate cheesecake. I mean, really. . cheese + dessert? whose crazy idea was that anyway? But, I received a free sample of this so I tried it. It smelled absolutely divine. Probably the best smelling flavored tea I’ve come across yet (except maybe 8 candles from DT, that one smells divine but tastes horrid!) I was disappointed with the flavor though. It wasn’t bad, but just plain. It was plain and nutty with a strange aftertaste. The smell was good enough to keep me drinking the cup, but I wouldn’t repurchase this one if it was still available.

Tastes creamy, and has a touch of sweetness. A lovely tea. The creamy flavour sure comes out.

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Whoa!

What did I do here?! Last time I had this it was bitter and icky and I got zero Irish cream or cheesecake flavoring from it.

Today, I was like “f*ck it”, just decided to make the rest without worrying too much about fussing with it because I didn’t expect it would amount to anything tasty anyway…… I was just cautious with the temperature because I remembered that much.

So I steeped it at about 93 degrees, set my timer for 3 min and added some milk.

I just finished my salad and had a small piece of dark chocolate to get the salad taste out of my mouth, then took a sip of this and “holy!” So good, what the hell happened!? Haha.

So I get what this tea was meant to be, if it wasn’t so damn temperamental.

Glad I got to taste the creaminess.

Still a bitter undertone, but nothing like before. I don’t get cheesecake in here, not even sure I get Irish cream (what IS Irish cream anyway? Because I just associate that with Baileys. Is that wrong? Or is it some other thing?)…. But I am getting a creaminess,

So, an enjoyable post walk, post salad cuppa!

Sample sipdown (from Courtney) – thanks :)

Raising my rating because if you do it right, it’s pretty decent!

whatshesaid

I like to start my sentences with “So”. :)

TheKesser

Sounds great!

boychik

i like to start my sentences with And

Virginia

Hahaha xD

Thank you TeaTiff for selling a bit of this one! I probably like the Sourenee from Butiki more than most people, so I was excited to try this one. I don’t really see how this one would work with cheesecake other than the "sour"ness of it (I have no idea if that influences the name at all). I used 1 1/3 teaspoons of leaves.

Steep #1 // 10 min after cooling // 3 min
This actually has a hint of cheesecake flavor… but I could use some creaminess. The flavor of the Sourenee on its own reminded me of plum before, but this blend doesn’t have that – it is pretty astringent. But it’s like the sourness of a cheesecake.

Steep #2 // 5 min after cooling // 3 min
This one seems to have lost all of the cheesecake flavor that was there, and the leaves are really brisk this time around… especially at the top of the cup for some reason. Too bad. I will enjoy drinking the remainders of my sample, but this isn’t Butiki’s best. But it’s already gone (I think) so they know that!