Doke Rolling Thunder

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “eesh first tasting note lol I hate that haha. Brewed this one up alongside pumpkin milkshake. I am not generally a fan of oolongs, so i only ordered a small quantity of this one to try it out. ...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4729 tasting notes
  • “This is good! I nearly thought it was a white tea due to the light flavour and the low steep temp, but... oolong it is! It's a very nice one too. I'm on my second steep. I like it but not for...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1641 tasting notes
  • “Found this in a stash I took to work to try. Initial scent of the dry leaf was very Darjeelingy. I suspect my temp was a bit too high for this but I didn't have a way to measure at work. To me,...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 512 tasting notes
  • “*DeliriumsFrogs* is the best friend a girl could want--she sent me a care package loaded with goodies (import chocolate bars!!), including this tea, just because she noticed I was curious about it....” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 612 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Our Doke Rolling Thunder originates from the organic Doke Tea Estate in Bihar, Northern India. This AA graded oolong is hand-picked and utilizes the Chinese varietal. The Doke Tea Estate uses profits from the sale of all Doke teas for the betterment of the tea garden workers, children, and families. A high percentage of silver tips can be found in this tea. Rich apricot and sweet almond notes are prominent, while tobacco and jasmine notes are somewhat lighter. This tea is sweet and creamy with a heavy mouth feel and a touch of malt.

Ingredients: Indian Oolong Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 170 F

For more information, please visit www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

eesh first tasting note lol I hate that haha. Brewed this one up alongside pumpkin milkshake. I am not generally a fan of oolongs, so i only ordered a small quantity of this one to try it out. I have a mini mission to try all of stacy’s teas and so far, i’m doing pretty well haha. I don’t love this as much as i ended up liking the sparrow oolong i picked up from her but this is pretty tasty. It’s on the lighter side of things, with a sweetness that comes through while you drink it. mmm quite liking this one! thanks stacy!

This is good! I nearly thought it was a white tea due to the light flavour and the low steep temp, but… oolong it is!

It’s a very nice one too. I’m on my second steep. I like it but not for all the time. I’m not very good at describing this – it’s so mild, but sweet and fruity. I smell apricot.

Found this in a stash I took to work to try. Initial scent of the dry leaf was very Darjeelingy. I suspect my temp was a bit too high for this but I didn’t have a way to measure at work. To me, this tasted very much like a Darj as well. Dry, bit of muscatel notes, hint of sweetness and light fruit. It was a little bitter though and that’s why I suspect my water was too hot. I wouldn’t turn this down but I haven’t decided yet if I need to order some to have on hand.

DeliriumsFrogs is the best friend a girl could want—she sent me a care package loaded with goodies (import chocolate bars!!), including this tea, just because she noticed I was curious about it. :D She is a master empath and I love her.

It doesn’t surprise me one bit this is a Butiki offering—it’s subtly beautiful and quite unusual. You know right away it’s not a black tea—it brews up a gorgeous bright light orange hue—but something about it tends to make one think of certain special Darjeelings without actually tasting just like one. There’s this nutty, almost savory yet also still sweet quality to it that reminds me a lot of some of the best green teas, but a floral note too that again, brings to mind the muscatel wonder of a Darjeeling without actually being that note precisely. And amazingly, there is in fact a tobacco note—not smoke, mind you, but unlit tobacco. And yet there’s nothing really exactly woody or grassy here. The body is marvelously silky, and there’s a cleanness to the end of the sip I quite enjoy.

The dry tobacco’s what sets this apart most, I think, and it works wonderfully with the floral and nutty elements, and especially the silkiness. This isn’t a tea to drink while distracted—it’s got a lot of unusual stuff going on, and deserves full attention. It’s an experience more than a blank comfort, if that makes sense; it reminds me of some of the perfumes I’ve sampled recently that are complex and special, more than mere adornment. And yet it’s not hard to drink at all, not “avant garde”. I feel lucky to have this chance to experience it.

Sami Kelsh

This sounds magnificent. Truly magnificent. swoons

DeliriumsFrogs

I feel exactly like you; it’s a tea that deserves your full attention. I loved reading your note, and you hit on things I noticed, but couldn’t put my finger on (you are SOOOO great for that. all the time. tea genius, you.)

I’ve been drinking Butiki exclusively for days, and it’s been lovely—-ever since my order arrived, I’ve just wanted to slowly taste everything, taking my time with each tea.
Today, I chose Rolling Thunder, because I sure do love me an Oolong. :)

Oh, hello aroma! This was floral, but jammy—I didn’t want to take my nose out of my infuser basket, actually, but eventually I was able to pull myself away.
I love how the initial taste of currants and soft spice (soft!…hanging out way in the back, but that’s good!) transforms into a bright, citrus finish—it’s so refreshing and makes me want to just keep sipping.
I found it slightly astringent, but in an appealing way, so as to leave a hint of sweetness on the back of my tongue (lovely!).
This tea is complex and layered—-so fun to drink!

Balcklog/sipdown…I had this a few days ago, thanks to Cavocorax and I do seem to remember liking it. It was light, but has some sweet notes to it, but I’m afraid I don’t remember exactly. I only had enough for one serving, and I made two steeps of this for work.

Like I said, it was pleasant and tasty enough, but I can’t recall specifics about the taste.