Dinjoye Estate Assam

Baked Bread, Fig, Honey, Malt, Oats, Raisins, Chocolate, Sweet Potatoes, Cocoa, Grapes, Nuts, Stonefruits, Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 3 g 11 oz / 329 ml

Available from 1 seller.

• “Today is Tony's birthday! He is the most wonderful man I know, & I love him! (Psssst...don't tell him I told you, but he's 62 today! ) This is another tasty & bold Assam from butiki. The texture...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3002 tasting notes
  • “i had this one yesterday as well, though to be honest i recall very little about this one. I'll have to have it again today/tomorrow and write a proper note. promise. Final Count yesterday: 152...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5049 tasting notes
  • “If I remember correctly the one and only tasting note I did for this one just said it was amazing, and that I'd add more. The time has come. I didn't realize this wasn't in my cupboard, though I...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 696 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown. Good news is that the heat is working quite nicely on the second floor of the gym today. It's the first day of classes and I was even more pleased to find it not as crowded as usual (I...” Read full tasting note
    Flightysprite 483 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Our Dinjoye Estate Assam originates from the Dinjoye Tea Estate in the Dibrugarh District of the Assam region in India. This tea utilizes the Clonal Assam varietal and is graded FTGFOP (Finest Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe). Our second flush Assam is sweet with warm chocolate, caramel, hazelnut, and baked bread notes. This smooth tea is malty yet lacks astringency.

Ingredients: Indian Black Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Today is Tony’s birthday! He is the most wonderful man I know, & I love him!
(Psssst…don’t tell him I told you, but he’s 62 today! )
This is another tasty & bold Assam from butiki. The texture reminds me of bee pollen melting in the mouth, it has a very rich kind of feeling. The taste is lightly sweet, a little nutty, definitely bassy, with a lingering tongue thickening sensation, and a light chocolate aftertaste. I got this as my free tea with my recent butiki order, & I’m glad I did. It’s a potent Assam, right up there with the Khongea tippy golden, though I think this one may be sweeter. I’ll have to compare them at some point.

Note to self: some teas are not good for me to drink on an empty stomach: greens, ceylons, Khongea Tippy Golden Assam, & this one. I had to eat an emergency apple, & now I feel better. I need to remember to reserve this one to drink with or after breakfast!

Final Comments: I made an awesome brekkie for Tony’s Bday, including scones. So I made another cup of this to enjoy with scones, because, at least in my opinion, scones require something bold & deep.
Perfect pairing.

nice – this one is on it’s way to me i think…

Terri HarpLady

Mine just came yesterday, along with a few other goodies! :)

Terri HarpLady

I’m really bummed that I missed out on the carrot cake & a few other flavors that were limited editions… :\

carrot cake was the only limited edition..and you didn’t miss out… promise lol

TastyBrew

I have some I can share with you too :-)

TheTeaFairy

Happy birthday Tony! and extra cheers for super good guys!!!

Thanks ladies!

i had this one yesterday as well, though to be honest i recall very little about this one. I’ll have to have it again today/tomorrow and write a proper note. promise.

Final Count yesterday: 152 (ugh…12 to go today which is so NOT going to happen!)

If I remember correctly the one and only tasting note I did for this one just said it was amazing, and that I’d add more. The time has come.

I didn’t realize this wasn’t in my cupboard, though I have only one cup left until it’s gone. It wasn’t in my Butiki order that’s en route, but perhaps the next one.

This one is sweet, and I can get the baked bread notes. And a touch of hazelnut. All very subtle of course. Butiki teas really are a work of art.

Sipdown.

Good news is that the heat is working quite nicely on the second floor of the gym today. It’s the first day of classes and I was even more pleased to find it not as crowded as usual (I guess the students finally realized that new years resolutions aren’t going to work out, lol).

I debated ordering more of this tea last time I was ordering from Butiki, but I decided to go with the new Irish Breakfast blend instead. I haven’t received it yet, but I sure hope it is a suitable replacement until my next Butiki order.

Oh, this is wonderful. And I can honestly say that I get the bread and the caramel and the unsweetened chocolate. Not a bit of astringency. This is a whole lot like a combination of a darjeeling and an assam. Yum!

tigress_al

Ooh, this sounds like something I need….but I have recently made 2 orders! Lol….tea dilemmas

man today is supposed to be work on sipdowns…i think it’s going to end up being a try everything day…

Yet another Butiki sample, again from my latest order. I have always loved assam…it was one of the first varieties of tea I tried as a child, and I adore its strong, sweet maltiness to this day. This is a fabulous one. It’s sweet and malty, as expected, but it has rich, almost spicy, undertones. It’s hard to describe exactly what I’m tasting, other than to say it’s wonderfully good. And everything an assam should be.

The lingering flavour is almost roasty, very slightly drying on the tongue. I definitely need to start putting a list of repurchases together before I forget…I’ve tried a good few teas over the last few days that I really don’t want to be without for long, and this is one of them. A smooth, refined assam, verging on compex…it’s going to take a while to get to know it properly, I think, but I can see myself enjoying every sip of that journey. Simply divine.

Thank you greenteafairy for sending me this sample!

This is way too smooth to be an Assam! I did try not to over-leaf it, as I tend to do, especially with black teas. This is really good. I can smell a cherry-like sweetness. Maybe I’m just crazy, as no one else seemed to get that from this. Anyway, this was a very nice tea to have after my cold pizza breakfast. :-)

Flavors: Baked Bread, Caramel, Chocolate, Nuts, Stonefruits

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
greenteafairy

I’m glad you liked it! I’ve been enjoying this one with breakfast lately. By the way, your wonderful swap package arrived; I’m just waiting until I have time to give these teas proper attention to dig into it!

CharlotteZero

Just let me know if there’s ever anything else I can send you from my cupboard!

This is a nice rendition of what I’d consider a standard sort of Assam. It’s smooth, malty, and sweet. I’m picking up on the caramel but am not getting much in the way of chocolate. This is a good thing for me, as I’m that rare person who doesn’t like intense chocolate notes in black teas. This tea may even be a little bit too far on the side of smooth and sweet for me—I do tend to prefer a little more bite in my black teas—but it’s making for a very enjoyable cup nonetheless, and I won’t have any trouble finishing up my stash.

First tea of the morning! This sample came from boychik. I’ve been wanting to try more Indian Assams, since at this point most of the ones I’ve tried have been Taiwanese. For some reason, I feel the need to systematically “figure out” different regions of tea. :P Anyway, these leaves are somewhat broken, and they’re about half golden and half dark chocolate brown. Dry scent is mild malt with a touch of sweetness. I steeped a teaspoon of leaf for 3 minutes at 200 degrees.

Mmm… aroma. I can smell strong malt and bread with a touch of honey, and something that makes me think “creamy”. Yum, this is a lovely tea! For some reason I’m always intimidated by the concept of Assam, as it’s generally described as strong or needing milk to mellow it. This one’s not overly strong at all! I mostly taste malt and baked bread, but there’s also a definite raisin or fig note to it that makes my mouth happy. A touch of astringency, but not enough to bother me. Also, there’s a touch of honey and some oats, especially in the aftertaste. Yums!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Fig, Honey, Malt, Oats, Raisins

This is the other sample Stacy picked out. Dry, it smelled nicely like malty chocolate. Brewed, I get more of a baked bread scent. The flavour is lighter than expected, with some fruit and sweet potato notes. It does have some baked bread as well. Now it tastes a bit like raisin bread, which I really like. Praise Yavanna!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Chocolate, Malt, Sweet Potatoes