Champagne Cider

Apple, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by Amariel
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 16 oz / 461 ml

2 Images

• “186. I had a lovely cup of this tonight while watching fringe and trying to organise/plan/explore flight options for florida for vacation. We owe our friends a visit this year but we also have...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5392 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown, 258. :) This tisane thing is delightful. I really like the apple flavour in it. Good thing I (eventually) have another ounce coming to me, thanks to *VariaTEA* and the fastest group...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1624 tasting notes
  • “This is a necessary sipdown. I have a lot of teas coming in and I need to finish off some smaller ones so they don't get stale. Also, with the Amoda box teas I want to finish off the old ones...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (209) Also *TASTING NOTE 700!!* When *Roswell Strange* pointed out how close I was to 700, it got me thinking what tea would make for the perfect celebratory cup. This tea immediately...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2080 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

This tea was featured in the Amoda Tea Box for December 2013.

A champagne cider cocktail for the day after the holiday party. Apple is the undercurrent of this fantastic flavour combination that really does taste like champagne. Add in spiced apples, hints of orange, and a touch of natural sweetness and you get this incredibly unique tea. If you close your eyes, you may even feel some fizziness on the tongue.

Ingredients: Organic Honeybush, Organic Cinnamon Apple Chips, Organic Orange Peel, Organic Cinnamon Chips, Safflower, Organic Saigon Cinnamon Powder, Organic Clove Powder, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

About Butiki Teas View company

Ehh, this one is not my thing. Honestly, I think Honeybush is just a little too close to rooibos for me. Bummer! I love the idea of apple cinnamon tea…

Fjellrev

I agree about the honeybush. Not that much different than rooibos to me.

A pastdue review of the last of the three teas from December 2013’s Amoda tea box, oop.

Smells super cozy brewed. Also has a kind of tingly/fizzy mouthfeel that reminds me a bit of champagne. Also can taste the apple pretty easily, since my sample had a load of apple chips in it. I can smell the spices but can’t quite taste them.

It’s an interesting blend for me, especially considering the its mouthfeel brewed when it is – in fact – a tea.

Backlog:

A really good honeybush blend. I was REALLY happy with the December box from Amoda. (Note: the February box is pretty exciting too!)

I didn’t get a lot of champagne-ish notes from this, but I definitely got a spiced cider like flavor. I can SMELL the champagne, but, I don’t really taste it a whole lot. The fruit notes are really nice though, the orange brightens the cup, the apple adds a nice sweetness, and I like that the spices are on the subtle side. It’s a really nice take on a mulled-wine (or I guess mulled champagne?)

I enjoyed it.

I’ve had this one for almost a year now but haven’t written any tasting notes. From the Amoda box! I love the flavor of honeybush but it must be the most impossible flavor to describe. There are plenty of big pieces in the blend that aren’t honeybush. Big pieces of apple, even with some of the skin. The cider of the name is accurate, as the brewed color looks like cider! There are hints of apple in the taste and somehow I expect more cinnamon flavor than is here. I’d say the dominant flavor is honeybush. Now how did that happen? But it’s tasty anyway. I can’t wait to see the new Butiki blends…
Steep #1 // 1tsp // just boiled // few minutes steep
Steep #2 // few min after boiling // few min steep

Thanks for the sample!! Either from Lala or Starfevre… so sorry, your packets got mixed up when Mum went through my cupboard looking for some tea! Not that I mind, it means she was looking for tea!!! This is a big deal…

But the tea itself was quite amazing as well. I kinda wish it was a black base.
The cider taste really punches through, creating the sensation of apple spiced liquor warming your throat! Phenomenal. I am so impressed. In fact I’d order some today if I was able to :)

OMGsrsly

Oh, you missed our ridiculous group order. You can buy the teas – they’re available for Feb on the Butiki site!

Indigobloom

Ack that is so tempting. But I promised household people, and my wallet that I wouldn’t make an order until my bday next month :(

Indigobloom

Actually, that I wouldn’t bring any more tea into the house!

OMGsrsly

Aww. :( I’ve kinda made that promise to myself, actually. I even went tea shopping yesterday and only bought tea for other people.

Amariel

I like this one a lot, and am happy for the honeybush base. I like it because it is good hot and cold and also had good body.

Lala

This wasn’t from me :)

Indigobloom

Amariel, I agree!! It has a great depth to it that I really enjoyed.

Indigobloom

Lala, thanks for letting me know! :)

Must be my least favorite of the December’s Amoda box. Probably it would be better as a part of the recipe: with apple cider and liquor added. I can barely taste anything interesting in it apart from the obvious honeybush notes. The smell is also unnoticeable which is unusual for honeybush dessert blends.