Malty Irish Breakfast

Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “This one is not a sipdown, but is a welcome pot of tea to enjoy with my lunch of soup. I'm still not sure if I prefer the Malty Irish Breakfast, or the other Irish Breakfast from Butiki, but I it...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3071 tasting notes
  • “Ooh. I like this one. This is a delicious breakfast tea. Pretty sure the best Irish Breakfast ever. And Black Lotus is the best English Breakfast. Butiki has cornered the market on my breakfast teas!” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 361 tasting notes
  • “This was another sample sent in my Butiki order. This one is similar to the Irish Breakfast from the other day, but yes, it's maltier. They're both wonderful black teas that can really wake a...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 701 tasting notes
  • “You know one thing I love about tea? If I get too distracted to drink it right away, I can microwave it and it doesn't come out all nasty the way coffee does. I can't stand a cup of microwaved...” Read full tasting note
    Flightysprite 487 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Our Malty Irish Breakfast combines our Dinjoye Estate Assam, our Khongea Golden Tippy Assam, and our Organic Ceylon for a strong breakfast tea. This tea is heavily malty with chocolate notes up front followed by a bergamot finish. Bread notes can also be detected. This tea is especially enjoyable piping hot. While less refined and complex than our original Irish Breakfast, this blend is stronger with a more intense malty flavor. For an even stronger brew, we recommend adding a minute to the steep time.

Ingredients: Dinjoye Estate Assam, Khongea Golden Tippy Assam, Organic Ceylon

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

About Butiki Teas View company

This one is not a sipdown, but is a welcome pot of tea to enjoy with my lunch of soup. I’m still not sure if I prefer the Malty Irish Breakfast, or the other Irish Breakfast from Butiki, but I it doesn’t matter, since I have them both. Right now I love this one the most because I’m drinking it, but perhaps tomorrow I’ll change my mind. I have to load up for a gig in a few moments, so I’ll quietly list my sipdowns of the day thus far here:

82 – Silver Jasmine Green Tea – Teavivre – a lovely jasmine, plucked from the Here’s Hoping TTB, although I realized after making it that I just wasn’t really in the mood for florals today.
83 – Eight Treasures Yabao (Summer)- Verdant – This tea initially mesmerized me with it’s fairy-like appearance, light florals, & Yabao, something I’d never heard of at the time. Now it’s gone, & to be honest, I probably won’t ever re-visit it, as the novelty has worn off.
84 – Taiwan Monkey Picked Oolong – Teavivre – As always, thanks to Angel for the lovely sample, which was shared with one of my students this morning.
85 – Da Hong Pao – Teavivre – I really enjoy the roasty oolongs so much more than the green ones, & will happily linger over them for hours.

I believe that puts me at 344 teas!

keychange

Look at you go!

Terri HarpLady

I just realized the the sipdown numbers aren’t showing up, LOL
I guess when you put a number sign in front of something, it renders it invisible?

Donna A

I really like this one and Black Lotus too!

This was another sample sent in my Butiki order.

This one is similar to the Irish Breakfast from the other day, but yes, it’s maltier. They’re both wonderful black teas that can really wake a person up.

Flavors: Malt

You know one thing I love about tea? If I get too distracted to drink it right away, I can microwave it and it doesn’t come out all nasty the way coffee does. I can’t stand a cup of microwaved coffee. yuck!

I brewed this tea and proceeded to prepare my mother’s bday gift (inclusive of tea, of course! among other things). I get the package all ready to go and found a box to ship it in and then I take a sip of my tea that was siting nearby, neglected and found it barely warm. So in the microwave it went and it came out good as new! woohoo!
٩(^ᴗ^)۶

TheTeaFairy

So true! Tea always tastes good whether you drink it cold or re-heat it!

Terri HarpLady

yeah, even I occasionally reheat mine…if you must know…lol

Shelley_Lorraine

yes, Terri, I definitely needed to know. How did you know?? :)

Tea klutz strikes again. I was spooning this into my steeper and somehow my hip bumped against the open cupboard door and POOF! tea everywhere :(

I am SO glad I have a bit more of this one on the way.

Kittenna

I’ve been lucky enough lately to only have tea-spilling incidents with infusers that contain already-steeped tea waiting for additional infusions. So it’s not quite so bad, because I got the first (best) infusion already. Knock on wood, though!

Indigobloom

I wouldn’t wish spilled (dry) tea leaves on anyone! Fingers crossed it never happens to either of us again :D

Indigobloom

Wet, like you said… not so bad. I can forgive myself that one lol

Oh. Em. Gee.

I ordered this recently, thanks to Courtney for the joint order.

I’ve been all over breakfast teas lately, I realized it’s a pleasure I look forward too. Strong black tea with a sploosh of 10% cream. So the tea has to be able to stand up to that!

I’ve been switching back and forth between H&S Queen Catherine (which I don’t really enjoy because of the smokiness) and A&D Tiger Assam, because I have massive amounts of each.

I was looking forward to trying something new this morning.

I was not disappointed.
Malty AND dark! Soooo bready, so strong and delicious.

Didn’t seem live up to a resteep but that may be because I added too much cream before tasting.

This is one I will want to restock, in massive quantities :)
Something to wake up for!

I’ve only had one other Irish Breakfast, which was from Tealux. That one was a lot creamier. And this one of course is pretty much just malty.
Both are good though. I do love those malty teas. ^^

Scheherazade’s Super Sipdown (Long) Weekend #5

It’s probably no surprise that I really like this one, given that it’s blended from two Assams and a Ceylon. They’re my two favourite black tea varieties, after all! Among those, Dinjoye Estate Assam is one of my favouites from Butiki, so it’s a no-brainer, really! I gave 1.5tsp of this one three minutes in boiling water, and added a splash of milk.

True to form, this one is intensely malty. It’s the kind of sweet, bready deliciousness that’s worth getting up for. I think that’s probably the biggest compliment I can pay a breakfast tea, given that I am totally not a morning person. I can also taste something citrussy playing around in the background, which adds the tiniest hint of bitterness to an otherwise sweet blend. It’s not quite bergamot, I don’t think, but heading in that direction. Orange peel, perhaps. I can feel a repurchase coming on, naughty old me!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Thanks so much to Marzipan for a sample of this tea!

I actually have one of the Butiki Educational Traveling Tea boxes right now as well, but today is my last day of work for the week, so I’m planning to spend some time with the box when I’m home and can do a proper comparison tasting :D

Anyway, this is a wonderful, assertive, exciting breakfast tea! I would consider purchasing some in the future, if not for me then for my friend who absolutely loves Irish Breakfast teas! YUM!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Marzipan

I’m glad you like it, I love this one. Every day when I make myself try something else, I am guiltily looking at MIB because it knows (and I know) that I want it instead.

After the disaster of my last tea this morning, I had to go for one that I KNOW I like.