Lemon French Macaron

White Tea
Cream, Lemon, Cake, Creamy, Cookie, Honey, Lemon Zest, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “Got this as one of my samples from *Butiki*! This is yet another lovely tea from there. It has a strong lemon flavor but enough creaminess to not let it be sour. But it has more of a slant towards...” Read full tasting note
    Ostdalost 100 tasting notes
  • “Thank goodness I've come around to trying citrus teas, this one is so nice.... I shouldn't be surprised since I've enjoyed most of the Butiki teas I've had the luxury of sampling. Dry leaf this...” Read full tasting note
    Suziqzer 164 tasting notes
  • “*Stacy* sent me a sample of this with my 20 questions winnings. Thank you! I was really hoping to like this one better than I did. The sip starts out with a tart lemon taste, followed by a...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 378 tasting notes
  • “Cold brewed this for around 6 hours and it tastes the same as the hot brew with the exception that is might be a touch stronger flavor wise. However, I think I prefer this taste hot so that is...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1818 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

This tea was created by the winner of our Custom Blend Contest. In October of 2013, we held a contest to send in ideas for a custom blend. A panel of judges chose the 10 best ideas and we created a poll on our site. The concept for this tea won the most votes, so we worked with the winner, Mary, to create her dream blend. This tea embodies the flavor of a lemon flavored French macaron and has rich cream and sweet cake notes. Almond notes can be found weaving their way through each sip of this decadent dessert tea but give way to mild French vanilla and malty notes. Lemon is the most prominent flavor and is mellow at first but then finishes tart. The zing of the lemon and creaminess linger long after each sip. We recommend sipping this tea at cooler temperatures. Adding sugar will mellow the lemon and transform the tea into a dessert treat.

Ingredients: White Indian Tea, Almond Slivers, Amaranth, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more info, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Got this as one of my samples from Butiki!
This is yet another lovely tea from there. It has a strong lemon flavor but enough creaminess to not let it be sour. But it has more of a slant towards being sour. Least compared to other lemon teas I’ve had recently that are softer on the lemon flavor.
But anywho, this is another great lemon tea! So glad to finally try this one! ^^

Flavors: Cream, Lemon

Cameron B.

I am going to have serious issues when I actually have to decide which teas to order from Butiki… There are at least 20 that I want to try. :P

Mandy

Have you tried Good Morning Sunshine yet? How does it compare?

Ost

I forgot about that one. I think Good Morning Sunshine was more sour, which is why I didn’t like it xD but that was a few weeks ago and my memory is bad xD

Cameron B.

I’ve never had guayusa before, but I am considering getting one of those blends just to try it out. Did it have a distinct flavor?

Thank goodness I’ve come around to trying citrus teas, this one is so nice…. I shouldn’t be surprised since I’ve enjoyed most of the Butiki teas I’ve had the luxury of sampling.

Dry leaf this one smells mildly of lemon sweetness. Steeped it is a nice delicate light tea with lemon goodness and subtle cakey notes. The lemon is creamy and not tart at all, just yummy. A little sugar is nice in this. It’s a nice dessert like tea w/o being so heavy and rich… a nice change to what I normally reach for.

Thanks CelebriTEA for sharing a bit of this with me from your recent order… you’re going to make me want to place an order from them sooner than later & I’ve been trying to convince myself to hold out for their Black Friday sales. :)

Flavors: Cake, Creamy, Lemon

carol who

One of my favorites!

Stacy sent me a sample of this with my 20 questions winnings. Thank you!

I was really hoping to like this one better than I did. The sip starts out with a tart lemon taste, followed by a bitter almond note and something savory that I can’t quite identify. Maybe it’s the amaranth? I’m not really sure what amaranth tastes like, but the internet says it’s nutty and malty and that sort of describes the weird flavor here. It sort of reminds me of rosemary. There’s a pleasantly tart, almost minty fresh taste that lingers long after the sip. The front and back of the sip are lovely. The bitter and savory notes in the middle kind of ruin it for me. Alas, I didn’t have any sugar around to test out what that would do to the flavor.

The second steep tastes very similar to the first, though slightly less lemony. I added some honey, which brought out more of the lemon tartness at the front of the sip.

The third steep gets closer to a macaron than any of the others. Zingy lemon up front, with a creamy element and some cakiness coming in towards the end. The creamy lemon taste lingers long after the sip. It actually reminds me of Wissotzky’s Lemongrass Cream Infusion, which I love. Towards the bottom of the cup there’s that almond bitterness again. Blegh.

The fourth steep tastes about the same as the second. There’s no lingering creamy or tart notes, just that weird savory flavor again.

I’m sort of doubting my tastebuds here, given how much everyone else seems to love this blend. Rating reserved until I get my hands on a little more so I can play around with adding sugar and trying it iced.

Cold brewed this for around 6 hours and it tastes the same as the hot brew with the exception that is might be a touch stronger flavor wise. However, I think I prefer this taste hot so that is probably how I will drink the rest of my sample. Honestly though, it is good either way.

I am finally, FINALLY trying it!

You should have seen me preparing it, squealing and swooning over the smell of dry leaf and then over the smell of the steep. Insanity! The taste doesn’t disappoint either, lemony notes are attacking me and I happily succumb to them. I love how it’s the lemon-pound-cake lemon rather than lemon-juice lemon that I taste. The macaron notes are fairly faint but detectable, and they must mainly result from the gorgeous almond pieces.

I think it also makes for a great summer drink, hot or iced, although I personally would feel that cold brewing this would be a waste (because of the amount of leaf one has to use for cold brewing AND because I usually have my iced teas when I don’t pay attention to what I’m drinking). It’s super-delicious and I want to have it in my cupboard forever.

Cheri

It just smells soooo good. I have to admit, I’ve opened the bag and sniffed it more than once.

Kat_Maria

Haha, I know. It’s wicked. It makes me want to have some lemon cake. I should just make one.

albertocanfly

The excitement in this post is just adorable! . So glad to see people get so giddy about tea! And the tea sounds absolutely delicious to boot!

Kat_Maria

It IS absolutely delicious! I love how tea can make me feel better on a bad day. Although this day, fortunately, is not one of those (I hope I didn’t jinx it).

Cheri

I was having a cruddy day the other day. This was the tea I picked as a pick me up. It helped.

A very delicate tea! What I love here is the texture – it sips in juicy, meyer lemon sweets, and mid sip Lemon French Macaron gets creamy, silky, melted butter and fluffy, tasting of pastries. That creamy texture lingers after each sip! I also enjoy how the lemon here tastes natural, but not tart.

LFM tastes better cooled – a little sweeter, the lemon mellows more and melds with the creamy pastry flavors, so this tea is awesome for working away without worrying my cup got too cold.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/lemon-french-macaron-white-tea-butiki-teas-oolong-owl-tea-review/

gmathis

Oh, mercy, you are making me hungry and thirsty simultaneously :)

Ost

That blog post made my mouth water xD I gotta get around to ordering from Butiki soon!

This is another awesome sample from DeleriumFrogs. Thank you!

Lemon yummy! This is a very tasty lemon tea. It has the spark of lemon, but the brightness of the lemon is mellowed out a bit by the vanilla/cake-ish flavor. I enjoyed this more as it cooled a little. I even added a tad splash of milk to it too. What a delicious afternoon tea. Thank you for sharing this one with me!

CelebriTEA

Love this tea

i tried this one as a cold brew today and that was a good call. Liquid so clear it was nearly water like, and a very light refreshing lemon flavour, without being that intense LEMON flavour you’d get with real lemons. Over all, I’m not sure which way i prefer but this was tasty…i really should make some more for moving tomorrow…going to be hot and sweaty… ugh.

Iced 8 min or more
VariaTEA

How long did you cold brew it for?

uh…8? hours ish..

VariaTEA

And no bitterness? I always find I get bitterness in cold brewed white teas

No actually….

Yummy dessert tea! Lemon-y, cake-y, coconut-y! Very soothing. I keep cleaning the house which means I’m back to icing my knee. Having a productive and yummy tea filled day. :-D

Terri HarpLady

Glad you like it!

Cheri

This tea is soooo gooooood. Take it easy on your knee, lady, so it can heal up!

I’ve had this for a few weeks now but haven’t gotten around to reviewing it until now. I believe this is one of Stacy’s newer blends and it smells incredible in the package.

I steeped this according to package directions and the lemon flavor is quite strong in this blend. I thought I’d add some organic cane sugar to really make this more dessert like. It’s hard to believe there is no actual lemon zest in this tea. I wouldn’t say I feel it is “cake” like exactly, but it’s a good lemony white tea that I’m enjoying this afternoon.