Lemon French Macaron

White Tea
Butter, Cookie, Floral, Frosting, Lemon, Cake, Flowers, Almond, Lemon Zest, Meringue, Candy, Creamy, Pastries, Cream, Sweet, Champagne, Honey, Vanilla, Marzipan
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

This tea was created by the winner of our Custom Blend Contest. In October of 2013, we held a contest to send in ideas for a custom blend. A panel of judges chose the 10 best ideas and we created a poll on our site. The concept for this tea won the most votes, so we worked with the winner, Mary, to create her dream blend. This tea embodies the flavor of a lemon flavored French macaron and has rich cream and sweet cake notes. Almond notes can be found weaving their way through each sip of this decadent dessert tea but give way to mild French vanilla and malty notes. Lemon is the most prominent flavor and is mellow at first but then finishes tart. The zing of the lemon and creaminess linger long after each sip. We recommend sipping this tea at cooler temperatures. Adding sugar will mellow the lemon and transform the tea into a dessert treat.

Ingredients: White Indian Tea, Almond Slivers, Amaranth, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more info, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Lemon dish soap. Should give this too naughty kids needing a mouth washing!
I think maybe this part of the batch got a double dose of flavouring because it just doesn’t sound like any of the other reviews I’ve seen. Nope not at all!

Aww, that’s too bad!

Yup. I mean it could just be me. I hope it is, then I can send it to whoever loves it!

Farewell lovely tea! This one tasted just like a delicious lemon cookie, not so much a macaron to me as a sablé, maybe, or even a lemon sugar cookie. Sweet and delicate, never bitter or sour, with just a hint of vanilla and almond—this is one I’ll miss, for sure. If anyone knows of a decent substitute, let me know!

I’m slowly working through the last of my Butiki teas, and it seemed like high time this one got an outing. The scent upon opening the bag is overwhelmingly lemony, with a background sweetness that totally puts me in mind of cupcakes, pastries, and macarons. It’s high-end bakery tea! As ever with Butiki, the dry leaf is absolutely gorgeous. The silver needles are very long – some up to 4cm – and a beautiful creamy pale green. They’re perfectly soft and downy, and the little pink and white puffs scattered throughout (I’m guessing these are the Amaranth and Calendula), only adds to this effect. There are a few almond slivers, too. I followed the recommended parameters and gave 2 tsp of leaf 3 minutes in water cooled to 180 degrees. The resulting liquor is a medium yellow-gold.

The flavour, as expected, is divine. It’s lemony, but in a primarily candy-like way with just a touch of sharpness. I’m thinking candied lemon peel at this point. Underlying the lemon is an intense creaminess, very reminiscent of sweetened pastry cream. The final flavour is a light almond nuttiness, very reminiscent of macarons. The white base is perfect for the delicate cream and macaron-shell notes, mildly sweet and a touch buttery without being overpowering. I’m totally and utterly happy with this one – it’s an amazing flavoured tea. It also means that I miss Butiki more than ever, but such is life.

180 °F / 82 °C 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

So full of sorrow that I will never be able to try this one! :(

Butiki Teas

Yep, the pink and white puffs are amaranth. The calendula pieces are the yellow ribbons. :)

A generous sample from Nicole had me singing a very familiar mantra when it comes to Butiki Teas these days. Nooo, no no no. Please no. Why is this so damn good? Why can’t I order it again? This tea is amazing, and the choice few people I allowed to sniff it (and maybe try a sip if they were lucky) totally agreed. This is pure lemon sugar cookie goodness in a tea. A hint of butter, a touch of something vaguely floral, and a smooth lemon flavor that has a champagne-bubbly note when it hits your tongue. This is the cookie you get that is lemon cake with a lemon glaze. It’s delicious and well-rounded and I am in pain, because I can’t acquire it in bulk. Better to have loved and lost than never loved at all, I suppose, but this loss is felt quite keenly. I would recommend the hell out of this, but it would feel like a cruel jest in light of the circumstances. Just know that those of you out there with this in their cupboard had best treasure it, as is befitting its ephemeral beauty.

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Floral, Frosting, Lemon

The dry leaf aroma is a lemon icing dream. The brewed leaf aroma is even better! I wouldn’t think that’d be possible. The flavor is deliciously lemony but missing that sweetness I get in the aroma. I added a little Truvia and there it is! Now this tastes exactly like iced lemon pound cake! YUM! This tea is perfect! There isn’t a single thing about it I don’t love.

And now I’m going to cry because the measly 1 oz I have of it is all that’s left in this world. Why WHY did Butiki Teas have to close??! Excuse me while I go ball my eyes out. wails and sobs Okay, I’m back.

This tea is so delicious and mouth watering. The flavors are masterfully blended to complement each other and the base perfectly. The white tea is a beautiful, high quality, fuzzy silver needle. It tastes like a ray of sunshine beaming into a lemon orchard frosted with fluffs of sweetness. This is pure ecstasy in your mouth. I will shed quite a few tears when my meager stash of it is depleted. That will be a sad, sad day indeed. But today, today is filled with sunshine!

Flavors: Cake, Flowers, Frosting, Lemon

This is goodbye, Lemon French Macaron. I didn’t always get it right with you, but you never failed to be that warm, “in front of the fireplace with no deadlines” comfort tea. You came from an awesome joint order with OMGsrsly- forever associated with randomly buying quince, and kangaroo burger patties. Good times, old Macaron.

Please don’t leave yet.

Flavors: Almond, Cake, Lemon Zest, Meringue

180 °F / 82 °C

Awww. :P
(Kangaroo burger patties? :O)

Life with no deadlines. Heavenly!

Yes, gmathis, this was actually a goodbye to two things. :(

Kangaroo slider patties= good but gamey.

Oh Lordy! Enjoying this tea right now – a sample from CameronB. This is soooo good. It is everything I always imagined it would be. In a way, I was kind of hoping it wouldn’t be because I can never get it again. However, this tea is just like a light lemon cake. Amazing good to the last drop.

What a shame this tea will not get made again.

Flavors: Cake, Lemon

I still have to try it, but I have the same worry – that I’ll love it lol

Yeah, so sad to fall in love with a tea and only have the one sample.

This was a very dangerous tea for me to only have a sample of. (Thank you teapartyfortwo for being so generous!)
This tea is pretty amazing. I’ve had many lemon teas before and this is my favourite one. The lemon is sweet, but not too sweet. Not bitter like a lemonade kind of taste at all. Very delicate but not subtle. Oh gosh, I am so sad that I will never be able to get any more of this one.
I will admittedly say that I underleafed this one in order to get more out of what I had but I steeped it for an extra 3-4 minutes and it doesn’t taste weak at all. It actually was perfect because it cooled to the perfect temperature to enjoy right away. At the second half of the cup I put in a half a tsp of sugar and it brought out the lemon flavour even more.
And that smell. Amazing.

I haven’t tried this, so I can’t compare, but if you’re looking for a really lovely sweet lemon tea, Cornelia Bean’s Creamy Lemon green and Tealish’s Lemon Meringue rooibos are both excellent.

Great review! I couldn’t agree more!

Anlina, I’m going to have to go on a tea spree on pay day with all of your suggestions!!

Megan Low

Mmm lemon tea! The name sounds good, sad that Butiki is closing just as I discovered it. However I’m liking the sound of Anlina’s suggestion of lemon meringue rooibos!

I just wrote down Anlina’s suggestions, as well (saved them to my wishlist)… I loved this Butiki tea, so finding something like it would be fantastic. And is there anything better than creamy lemon? mmmmm Thanks, Anlina!

I recently sent some of this away in a swap and as I was putting it into the baggie, I couldn’t help but notice how delicious it smelled. The smell compelled me to finally try it. I love all things lemon when it comes to tea. I find it so wonderfully soothing. This tea does not disappoint. It’s all the things you want it to be. Lots of lemon flavour and it’s not a flat lemon either, but rather a bright, zesty lemon. Underneath that is a creamy note that lends well to the lemon and reminds me of a cookie or pastry. This tea is naturally sweet and also brings lemon drops to mind. So many lovely flavours combining to create a luscious lemon tea. The base is perfect. Smooth, mild, understated and doesn’t try to compete with the other flavours. I’m going to have to buy more of this! Another great tea from Butiki!

Flavors: Candy, Cookie, Creamy, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Pastries

What a lovely little lady of a tea! I wanted something gentle and, well, ladylike, and my box-o-tea came in the mail today so I had to try this one. It was just lovely. The dry aroma is sweet and lemon oil. There isn’t as much fragrance in the brewed cup, but it is still noticeable. It wasn’t as lemony flavored as the dry aroma led me to expect, but it was definitely a creamy lemon taste, mild yet not weak. It was kind of the flavor of a lemon meringue pie (sans crust, lol) – not a super lemony one, but a nice one. The only reason I’m not rating this tea higher is because of my general personal preference for a stronger flavor, but I do feel this is very nicely done and will enjoy it immensely at the right times. I want to add that on the basis of this one tea and the speed of shipping, I’m already sorry they are closing. :(

Flavors: Cream, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Meringue