Lemon French Macaron

White Tea
Butter, Cookie, Floral, Frosting, Lemon, Cake, Flowers, Almond, Lemon Zest, Meringue, Candy, Creamy, Pastries, Cream, Sweet, Champagne, Honey, Vanilla, Marzipan
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “I’m slowly working through the last of my Butiki teas, and it seemed like high time this one got an outing. The scent upon opening the bag is overwhelmingly lemony, with a background sweetness that...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1321 tasting notes
  • “A generous sample from Nicole had me singing a very familiar mantra when it comes to Butiki Teas these days. Nooo, no no no. Please no. Why is this so damn good? Why can’t I...” Read full tasting note
    Beorhthraefn 25 tasting notes
  • “The dry leaf aroma is a lemon icing dream. The brewed leaf aroma is even better! I wouldn’t think that’d be possible. The flavor is deliciously lemony but missing that sweetness I get in the aroma....” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 611 tasting notes
  • “This is goodbye, Lemon French Macaron. I didn’t always get it right with you, but you never failed to be that warm, “in front of the fireplace with no deadlines” comfort tea. You...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 577 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

This tea was created by the winner of our Custom Blend Contest. In October of 2013, we held a contest to send in ideas for a custom blend. A panel of judges chose the 10 best ideas and we created a poll on our site. The concept for this tea won the most votes, so we worked with the winner, Mary, to create her dream blend. This tea embodies the flavor of a lemon flavored French macaron and has rich cream and sweet cake notes. Almond notes can be found weaving their way through each sip of this decadent dessert tea but give way to mild French vanilla and malty notes. Lemon is the most prominent flavor and is mellow at first but then finishes tart. The zing of the lemon and creaminess linger long after each sip. We recommend sipping this tea at cooler temperatures. Adding sugar will mellow the lemon and transform the tea into a dessert treat.

Ingredients: White Indian Tea, Almond Slivers, Amaranth, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more info, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Wow! Just wow! This tea has an amazing lemon flavor! It’s like the crisp flavor you get from the peel of the lemon. That is the first thing I taste, then a creamy taste joins in a little later in the sip. It is a very macaroon flavor of lemon and it is hard to describe other than that. Adding sugar doesn’t seem to do much for this tea. I might like this better than lemon chiffon which has been the best tasting lemon tea I have had.

I got a few more teas at the end of the month, and this is one of them. (And yes—I’m aware that Black Friday will be falling within my November no-buy, but willpower is nothing if it hasn’t been tested, right?)

This tea has a lovely lemon dessert aroma—very zesty and natural, and more like the lemon cream filling of cookies than raw fruit. There are some almond slices in the mix, which lend it a marzipan-like aroma as well. Macaron as a name seems just right! The tea itself is comprised of long silver needles, and there are also a lot of flowers in the mix, though I’m not sure if they’re decorational or if they add any flavor.

The brewed tea tastes delightfully lemony. The cream note is fainter than the aroma would indicate, so it’s more similar to lemon drop candies. It’s not over-the-top or tart, and I can’t think of a better dessert-like lemon tea. Now with this tea, unlike with Watermelon Xylophone, it’s harder for me to taste the underlying tea base. Usually in a flavored white tea this is something I would avoid, but this one is just so perfectly balanced that it’s hard to find fault with. A second, cooler steep does bring out a lighter sweetness that isn’t just the lemon.

Ohhh, yummy. This is the only Butiki blend my mom has in her city apartment. It’s such a delight to have since I haven’t been touching my Butiki blends for months. At least it hasn’t gotten old or stale! Still that creamy lemon perfection laced with almond.

I also just put rosewater into my vanilla bean yogurt so I’m surrounded by fancy flavours.

Always wanted to try this one! Alas! :(

The flavored tea selection in my sipdown pile is getting frightfully sparse, so I allowed myself to have one of my yet-untried Butiki teas tonight. I decided on this one because I am always on the lookout for the perfect lemon tea, and I love all things almond. The dry leaf is quite artistic with greenish silver needles along with tiny pink flower petals and a few slices of almond. Dry scent is fantastically similar to lemondrop candies with a little bit of a nod to cake. I followed the instructions and steeped 2 teaspoons for 3 minutes at 185 degrees.

Yum, the aroma! It conjures up visions of a lovely tart lemon cake dripping with sugary sweet glaze. Om nom nom! I tried the first few sips plain, but then added a tad bit of sugar just to help the pastry side of this come out. Overall, I must say that this came out a little bit too light for me – next time I will use more leaf. I wish that Stacy included the amount of tea in grams as well as teaspoons in her instructions, since large fluffy teas like this one are difficult to measure by volume. I will say that the flavor here is really quite lovely! It tastes very similar to lemondrop candies with a little bit of cake or pastry reference in there. Very yummy, but next time, more leaf! :)

Flavors: Cake, Candy, Lemon, Pastries, Sweet

Love this tea!

I don’t know what to make of this tea. It smells amazing, like the lemon candies I got with my mom on vacation when I was younger. Brewed, there is something that I’m having a hard time with, and I’m not sure what. I had one brew last night, but I had to leave my travel mug in the car during the film (Doctor Who: Deep Breath, if anyone is interested) and it cooled off. I had thought I liked it better hot, so I made it again tonight, with a little extra leaf since I was using a 12oz mug.

I really want to like this, but something is amiss, and I don’t know what. I have enough for a few steeps left, though I need to make sure that I save enough for CrowKettle to try.

I prefer it with less leaf, hot. Otherwise I find it can get almost soapy. Of course, I have lemon soap in my bathroom right now, so it might just be association. :)

Sorry everyone – going to work on an enormous note backlog right now. And this is only from the past couple weeks.

Anyways, I’ve been working stupid long hours at two jobs, and barely have had time to sleep, let alone anything else. And then? Our water pipes froze. So I was without running water for a week. And it was spectacular (aka really terrible). We still have frozen pipes, but as of yesterday afternoon, running water has resumed via a hose connecting the neighbour’s outdoor tap to our outdoor tap. Which is awesome, because tea made with “spring water” is terrible. Just saying. (Also, it’s terribly inconvenient to live without running water. #firstworldproblem, yes.)

So, Lemon French Macaron. Not my favourite of Butiki’s offerings, but nothing wrong with it. I had it in a travel mug sometime recently, and it was tasty enough – bright lemon flavour, light white tea, and some creaminess. I mean, for a lemon-flavoured tea, it was perfectly fine. Just not a favourite!

Ah! So sorry about the water situation!

Pretty sure that lack of running water is a problem in lots of the world. I’m glad you have it back!

You do have a point. I guess I felt like I was being overly whiny because I has access elsewhere, just not in my home!

A sample! I’ve been dreaming of Butiki’s White Rhino so I will probably be drinking a ton of white teas. Also, I found a song called ‘White Rhino Tea’… I forget the band now, but that was amusing. This blend sounds divine, but I think I could have used more flavor from the white tea, the lemon and the almond. I wasn’t tasting too much almond. Really, a good Bai mu Dan tea might have had enough lemon flavor in it as is. Or maybe even the White Rhino would have been a nice base, but White Rhino would be a nice base for many things. Again, not doing this tea any justice with this tasting note, as I sipped this one a couple days ago. This one doesn’t have the Butiki magic that I expect, I guess. I’m planning a Butiki order, though I really shouldn’t.. at least until after January!

This is the most delicious lemon tea I have ever had – it is like liquid lemon drops. Smooth, sweet and creamy. And of course deliciously lemony. Mmm!

I cold brewed this for about 8 hours overnight.
This is delicious! This is even better than I was imagining it to be. It is of course lemon, but it is soft and smooth, not sour like lemons usually are. I am definitely getting a bit of nutty, buttery pastry. YUM!
I will also have to try this a hot brew!

1963 tasting notes

(EEE!! I got my order!)

Oh. My. God.

This smells SO good!

Why didn’t I buy lots for me as well as my BFF?! This tea is fantastic! I love it. LOVE it. Possibly even more than Watermelon Xylophone.

Delicious and amazing creamy lemon pastry-ness.

I steeped a cup, then took the leaves and put them into 16oz cool water for a cold steep. Fingers crossed!

Flavors: Cream, Lemon, Pastries

Cameron B.

I ordered this one and I haven’t tried it yet… Silly me! :P

The height of foolishness. ;) As you can no doubt tell, I like it lots. Not completely sold on the cold steep yet. Maybe in the morning.

This one really does smell SO good! yummy!! :)

Eeeeee! My order should be here soon. :) I can’t wait to dig in!

Try it! I think Sil liked it cold steeped, but it’s not a favourite for me. But I think I can get 3 steeps or so out of the leaves, so I’m not too upset. :)