Lemon French Macaron

White Tea
Cake, Candy, Lemon, Pastries, Sweet, Cream, Almond, Champagne, Creamy, Cookie, Honey, Lemon Zest, Vanilla, Marzipan
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “The flavored tea selection in my sipdown pile is getting frightfully sparse, so I allowed myself to have one of my yet-untried Butiki teas tonight. I decided on this one because I am always on the...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 480 tasting notes
  • “I don't know what to make of this tea. It smells amazing, like the lemon candies I got with my mom on vacation when I was younger. Brewed, there is something that I'm having a hard time with, and...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 604 tasting notes
  • “First time in a while I've actually sat down with some teas to review! Exciting! Lately, I've just been drinking thermoses of tea at work, and haven't had time to review anything (although maybe...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “A sample! I've been dreaming of Butiki's White Rhino so I will probably be drinking a ton of white teas. Also, I found a song called 'White Rhino Tea'... I forget the band now, but that was...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1375 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

This tea was created by the winner of our Custom Blend Contest. In October of 2013, we held a contest to send in ideas for a custom blend. A panel of judges chose the 10 best ideas and we created a poll on our site. The concept for this tea won the most votes, so we worked with the winner, Mary, to create her dream blend. This tea embodies the flavor of a lemon flavored French macaron and has rich cream and sweet cake notes. Almond notes can be found weaving their way through each sip of this decadent dessert tea but give way to mild French vanilla and malty notes. Lemon is the most prominent flavor and is mellow at first but then finishes tart. The zing of the lemon and creaminess linger long after each sip. We recommend sipping this tea at cooler temperatures. Adding sugar will mellow the lemon and transform the tea into a dessert treat.

Ingredients: White Indian Tea, Almond Slivers, Amaranth, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more info, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Stacy sent me a sample of this with my 20 questions winnings. Thank you!

I was really hoping to like this one better than I did. The sip starts out with a tart lemon taste, followed by a bitter almond note and something savory that I can’t quite identify. Maybe it’s the amaranth? I’m not really sure what amaranth tastes like, but the internet says it’s nutty and malty and that sort of describes the weird flavor here. It sort of reminds me of rosemary. There’s a pleasantly tart, almost minty fresh taste that lingers long after the sip. The front and back of the sip are lovely. The bitter and savory notes in the middle kind of ruin it for me. Alas, I didn’t have any sugar around to test out what that would do to the flavor.

The second steep tastes very similar to the first, though slightly less lemony. I added some honey, which brought out more of the lemon tartness at the front of the sip.

The third steep gets closer to a macaron than any of the others. Zingy lemon up front, with a creamy element and some cakiness coming in towards the end. The creamy lemon taste lingers long after the sip. It actually reminds me of Wissotzky’s Lemongrass Cream Infusion, which I love. Towards the bottom of the cup there’s that almond bitterness again. Blegh.

The fourth steep tastes about the same as the second. There’s no lingering creamy or tart notes, just that weird savory flavor again.

I’m sort of doubting my tastebuds here, given how much everyone else seems to love this blend. Rating reserved until I get my hands on a little more so I can play around with adding sugar and trying it iced.

1922 tasting notes

Cold brewed this for around 6 hours and it tastes the same as the hot brew with the exception that is might be a touch stronger flavor wise. However, I think I prefer this taste hot so that is probably how I will drink the rest of my sample. Honestly though, it is good either way.

I am finally, FINALLY trying it!

You should have seen me preparing it, squealing and swooning over the smell of dry leaf and then over the smell of the steep. Insanity! The taste doesn’t disappoint either, lemony notes are attacking me and I happily succumb to them. I love how it’s the lemon-pound-cake lemon rather than lemon-juice lemon that I taste. The macaron notes are fairly faint but detectable, and they must mainly result from the gorgeous almond pieces.

I think it also makes for a great summer drink, hot or iced, although I personally would feel that cold brewing this would be a waste (because of the amount of leaf one has to use for cold brewing AND because I usually have my iced teas when I don’t pay attention to what I’m drinking). It’s super-delicious and I want to have it in my cupboard forever.

Cheri

It just smells soooo good. I have to admit, I’ve opened the bag and sniffed it more than once.

Kat_Maria

Haha, I know. It’s wicked. It makes me want to have some lemon cake. I should just make one.

albertocanfly

The excitement in this post is just adorable! . So glad to see people get so giddy about tea! And the tea sounds absolutely delicious to boot!

Kat_Maria

It IS absolutely delicious! I love how tea can make me feel better on a bad day. Although this day, fortunately, is not one of those (I hope I didn’t jinx it).

Cheri

I was having a cruddy day the other day. This was the tea I picked as a pick me up. It helped.

A very delicate tea! What I love here is the texture – it sips in juicy, meyer lemon sweets, and mid sip Lemon French Macaron gets creamy, silky, melted butter and fluffy, tasting of pastries. That creamy texture lingers after each sip! I also enjoy how the lemon here tastes natural, but not tart.

LFM tastes better cooled – a little sweeter, the lemon mellows more and melds with the creamy pastry flavors, so this tea is awesome for working away without worrying my cup got too cold.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/lemon-french-macaron-white-tea-butiki-teas-oolong-owl-tea-review/

gmathis

Oh, mercy, you are making me hungry and thirsty simultaneously :)

Ost

That blog post made my mouth water xD I gotta get around to ordering from Butiki soon!

This is another awesome sample from DeleriumFrogs. Thank you!

Lemon yummy! This is a very tasty lemon tea. It has the spark of lemon, but the brightness of the lemon is mellowed out a bit by the vanilla/cake-ish flavor. I enjoyed this more as it cooled a little. I even added a tad splash of milk to it too. What a delicious afternoon tea. Thank you for sharing this one with me!

CelebriTEA

Love this tea

i tried this one as a cold brew today and that was a good call. Liquid so clear it was nearly water like, and a very light refreshing lemon flavour, without being that intense LEMON flavour you’d get with real lemons. Over all, I’m not sure which way i prefer but this was tasty…i really should make some more for moving tomorrow…going to be hot and sweaty… ugh.

Iced 8 min or more
VariaTEA

How long did you cold brew it for?

uh…8? hours ish..

VariaTEA

And no bitterness? I always find I get bitterness in cold brewed white teas

No actually….

Yummy dessert tea! Lemon-y, cake-y, coconut-y! Very soothing. I keep cleaning the house which means I’m back to icing my knee. Having a productive and yummy tea filled day. :-D

Terri HarpLady

Glad you like it!

Cheri

This tea is soooo gooooood. Take it easy on your knee, lady, so it can heal up!

I wanted to try this as a cold brew and I’m so glad I did!

It’s been in the fridge for 12+ hours and I tried it this morning, very lemony, sweet and the pastry notes even come out. It’s insanely refreshing and tasty, doesn’t need sugar at all due to the natural sweetness of the white tea. I might be drinking this cold from now on. Yum yum!

Iced 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Stephanie

awesome!

Cheri

sounds really good. I need to try it that way.

TeaBrat

Cheri, yes you do! :)

Cheri

I’ll try to do it this weekend.

Delicious sample done and dusted!

As delicious as this is, I am ok with just having a sample of it. For now. I guess.

No, it’s great. Very lemon! I cheated and even early on added around a half a tsp of sugar for 8oz of tea and it was just enough to bring out those sweeter notes strongly enough against the zingy lemon.

Could have been a hint more almond. Which is ridiculous for someone who generally dislikes almond taste to say! But I was looking for that real macaron flavour, and as a macaron nut I didn’t quite find it.

The dry leaf of this tea is so pretty! You have the almonds, the white tea leaves and little pops of pink here and there. After this tea has steeped, I smell a tart yet sugary sweet lemon dessert… perhaps a cookie or a cake? It’s pretty amazing how delicious this smells. I’m loving the balance between the tart lemon and sweet dessert – this one smells just perfect!

Sipping… lemon is one of the first things I taste. It’s bright, sweet and a little more mellow than I was expecting. I’m surprised because I’m not tasting any macaron, almond or desserty flavors. I suppose you could say that the lemon is desserty in itself, but I feel like there should be something more since the scent is so amazing. I really want the nice creamy, cakey, almond flavors everyone else is tasting!

I feel like I would drink this again in the future purely for the lemon flavor, but I wish that I could bring out more of the macaron notes to make it more special. Thank you so much to Stacy for including this in my most recent order!