Lemon French Macaron

White Tea
Lemon, Cake, Candy, Pastries, Sweet, Cream, Almond, Champagne, Creamy, Cookie, Honey, Lemon Zest, Vanilla, Marzipan
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “Had some of this as my morning tea. Wow! The tea leaves are all long and twisty and fuzzy! Dry, it smells like a homemade lemon bar. Steeped, it's all sweet, soft lemon. I'm not getting any cookie...” Read full tasting note
    sundaysipping 219 tasting notes
  • “Wow! Just wow! This tea has an amazing lemon flavor! It's like the crisp flavor you get from the peel of the lemon. That is the first thing I taste, then a creamy taste joins in a little later in...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 556 tasting notes
  • “I got a few more teas at the end of the month, and this is one of them. (And yes--I'm aware that Black Friday will be falling within my November no-buy, but willpower is nothing if it hasn't been...” Read full tasting note
    yingru 166 tasting notes
  • “Ohhh, this is amazing. With Stacy's retirement around the corner, I was prompted to order a ton of it and not hoard the 2 oz. I have already (plus I already went through 1 oz. of it in a previous...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 922 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

This tea was created by the winner of our Custom Blend Contest. In October of 2013, we held a contest to send in ideas for a custom blend. A panel of judges chose the 10 best ideas and we created a poll on our site. The concept for this tea won the most votes, so we worked with the winner, Mary, to create her dream blend. This tea embodies the flavor of a lemon flavored French macaron and has rich cream and sweet cake notes. Almond notes can be found weaving their way through each sip of this decadent dessert tea but give way to mild French vanilla and malty notes. Lemon is the most prominent flavor and is mellow at first but then finishes tart. The zing of the lemon and creaminess linger long after each sip. We recommend sipping this tea at cooler temperatures. Adding sugar will mellow the lemon and transform the tea into a dessert treat.

Ingredients: White Indian Tea, Almond Slivers, Amaranth, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more info, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

(EEE!! I got my order!)

Oh. My. God.

This smells SO good!

Why didn’t I buy lots for me as well as my BFF?! This tea is fantastic! I love it. LOVE it. Possibly even more than Watermelon Xylophone.

Delicious and amazing creamy lemon pastry-ness.

I steeped a cup, then took the leaves and put them into 16oz cool water for a cold steep. Fingers crossed!

Flavors: Cream, Lemon, Pastries

I ordered this one and I haven’t tried it yet… Silly me! :P

OMGsrsly

The height of foolishness. ;) As you can no doubt tell, I like it lots. Not completely sold on the cold steep yet. Maybe in the morning.

DeliriumsFrogs

This one really does smell SO good! yummy!! :)

Cavocorax

Eeeeee! My order should be here soon. :) I can’t wait to dig in!

OMGsrsly

Try it! I think Sil liked it cold steeped, but it’s not a favourite for me. But I think I can get 3 steeps or so out of the leaves, so I’m not too upset. :)

As I sit here in my whitewashed four-walled apartment listening to Geto Boys’ perennial classic “Damn It Feels Good to be a Gangsta” and drinking Stacy’s Lemon French Macaron, everything seems right in the world. A perfect pairing it seems – oh how tea and music is bound together so exquisitely!

This tea is a smelling-tea. The bouquet screams of sweetness and fresh-clipped roses. A single sniff shall send you, smothered in blankets, to your childhood once again.

The taste is not quite as strong as the smell, but is still pleasant. A note to the wise here, though – it is AWFULLY difficult to measure out the teaspoons of this wonderfully tippy tea. A bunch of silver needle-esque leaves there are in there! I tried my best to carefully measure out 4 teaspoons into 500mL of water, but I feel like I got most of the thin almond slices and other garnish in my infuser rather than the tea itself.

Thus, be prepared to experiment with the time and amount of tea/water you steep!

In sooth, the tea soothes. A natural transition into a little Pharoahe Monch after you get a little buzz going from that Geto Boys song.

Flavors: Almond, Champagne, Cream

Got this as one of my samples from Butiki!
This is yet another lovely tea from there. It has a strong lemon flavor but enough creaminess to not let it be sour. But it has more of a slant towards being sour. Least compared to other lemon teas I’ve had recently that are softer on the lemon flavor.
But anywho, this is another great lemon tea! So glad to finally try this one! ^^

Flavors: Cream, Lemon

Cameron B.

I am going to have serious issues when I actually have to decide which teas to order from Butiki… There are at least 20 that I want to try. :P

Mandy

Have you tried Good Morning Sunshine yet? How does it compare?

Ost

I forgot about that one. I think Good Morning Sunshine was more sour, which is why I didn’t like it xD but that was a few weeks ago and my memory is bad xD

Cameron B.

I’ve never had guayusa before, but I am considering getting one of those blends just to try it out. Did it have a distinct flavor?

Thank goodness I’ve come around to trying citrus teas, this one is so nice…. I shouldn’t be surprised since I’ve enjoyed most of the Butiki teas I’ve had the luxury of sampling.

Dry leaf this one smells mildly of lemon sweetness. Steeped it is a nice delicate light tea with lemon goodness and subtle cakey notes. The lemon is creamy and not tart at all, just yummy. A little sugar is nice in this. It’s a nice dessert like tea w/o being so heavy and rich… a nice change to what I normally reach for.

Thanks CelebriTEA for sharing a bit of this with me from your recent order… you’re going to make me want to place an order from them sooner than later & I’ve been trying to convince myself to hold out for their Black Friday sales. :)

Flavors: Cake, Creamy, Lemon

carol who

One of my favorites!

Stacy sent me a sample of this with my 20 questions winnings. Thank you!

I was really hoping to like this one better than I did. The sip starts out with a tart lemon taste, followed by a bitter almond note and something savory that I can’t quite identify. Maybe it’s the amaranth? I’m not really sure what amaranth tastes like, but the internet says it’s nutty and malty and that sort of describes the weird flavor here. It sort of reminds me of rosemary. There’s a pleasantly tart, almost minty fresh taste that lingers long after the sip. The front and back of the sip are lovely. The bitter and savory notes in the middle kind of ruin it for me. Alas, I didn’t have any sugar around to test out what that would do to the flavor.

The second steep tastes very similar to the first, though slightly less lemony. I added some honey, which brought out more of the lemon tartness at the front of the sip.

The third steep gets closer to a macaron than any of the others. Zingy lemon up front, with a creamy element and some cakiness coming in towards the end. The creamy lemon taste lingers long after the sip. It actually reminds me of Wissotzky’s Lemongrass Cream Infusion, which I love. Towards the bottom of the cup there’s that almond bitterness again. Blegh.

The fourth steep tastes about the same as the second. There’s no lingering creamy or tart notes, just that weird savory flavor again.

I’m sort of doubting my tastebuds here, given how much everyone else seems to love this blend. Rating reserved until I get my hands on a little more so I can play around with adding sugar and trying it iced.

2068 tasting notes

Cold brewed this for around 6 hours and it tastes the same as the hot brew with the exception that is might be a touch stronger flavor wise. However, I think I prefer this taste hot so that is probably how I will drink the rest of my sample. Honestly though, it is good either way.

I am finally, FINALLY trying it!

You should have seen me preparing it, squealing and swooning over the smell of dry leaf and then over the smell of the steep. Insanity! The taste doesn’t disappoint either, lemony notes are attacking me and I happily succumb to them. I love how it’s the lemon-pound-cake lemon rather than lemon-juice lemon that I taste. The macaron notes are fairly faint but detectable, and they must mainly result from the gorgeous almond pieces.

I think it also makes for a great summer drink, hot or iced, although I personally would feel that cold brewing this would be a waste (because of the amount of leaf one has to use for cold brewing AND because I usually have my iced teas when I don’t pay attention to what I’m drinking). It’s super-delicious and I want to have it in my cupboard forever.

Cheri

It just smells soooo good. I have to admit, I’ve opened the bag and sniffed it more than once.

Kat_Maria

Haha, I know. It’s wicked. It makes me want to have some lemon cake. I should just make one.

albertocanfly

The excitement in this post is just adorable! . So glad to see people get so giddy about tea! And the tea sounds absolutely delicious to boot!

Kat_Maria

It IS absolutely delicious! I love how tea can make me feel better on a bad day. Although this day, fortunately, is not one of those (I hope I didn’t jinx it).

Cheri

I was having a cruddy day the other day. This was the tea I picked as a pick me up. It helped.

A very delicate tea! What I love here is the texture – it sips in juicy, meyer lemon sweets, and mid sip Lemon French Macaron gets creamy, silky, melted butter and fluffy, tasting of pastries. That creamy texture lingers after each sip! I also enjoy how the lemon here tastes natural, but not tart.

LFM tastes better cooled – a little sweeter, the lemon mellows more and melds with the creamy pastry flavors, so this tea is awesome for working away without worrying my cup got too cold.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/lemon-french-macaron-white-tea-butiki-teas-oolong-owl-tea-review/

gmathis

Oh, mercy, you are making me hungry and thirsty simultaneously :)

Ost

That blog post made my mouth water xD I gotta get around to ordering from Butiki soon!

This is another awesome sample from DeleriumFrogs. Thank you!

Lemon yummy! This is a very tasty lemon tea. It has the spark of lemon, but the brightness of the lemon is mellowed out a bit by the vanilla/cake-ish flavor. I enjoyed this more as it cooled a little. I even added a tad splash of milk to it too. What a delicious afternoon tea. Thank you for sharing this one with me!

CelebriTEA

Love this tea

i tried this one as a cold brew today and that was a good call. Liquid so clear it was nearly water like, and a very light refreshing lemon flavour, without being that intense LEMON flavour you’d get with real lemons. Over all, I’m not sure which way i prefer but this was tasty…i really should make some more for moving tomorrow…going to be hot and sweaty… ugh.

Iced 8 min or more
VariaTEA

How long did you cold brew it for?

uh…8? hours ish..

VariaTEA

And no bitterness? I always find I get bitterness in cold brewed white teas

No actually….