Lemon French Macaron

White Tea
Butter, Cookie, Floral, Frosting, Lemon, Cake, Flowers, Almond, Lemon Zest, Meringue, Candy, Creamy, Pastries, Cream, Sweet, Champagne, Marzipan, Honey, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

This tea was created by the winner of our Custom Blend Contest. In October of 2013, we held a contest to send in ideas for a custom blend. A panel of judges chose the 10 best ideas and we created a poll on our site. The concept for this tea won the most votes, so we worked with the winner, Mary, to create her dream blend. This tea embodies the flavor of a lemon flavored French macaron and has rich cream and sweet cake notes. Almond notes can be found weaving their way through each sip of this decadent dessert tea but give way to mild French vanilla and malty notes. Lemon is the most prominent flavor and is mellow at first but then finishes tart. The zing of the lemon and creaminess linger long after each sip. We recommend sipping this tea at cooler temperatures. Adding sugar will mellow the lemon and transform the tea into a dessert treat.

Ingredients: White Indian Tea, Almond Slivers, Amaranth, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more info, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

This was a very dangerous tea for me to only have a sample of. (Thank you teapartyfortwo for being so generous!)
This tea is pretty amazing. I’ve had many lemon teas before and this is my favourite one. The lemon is sweet, but not too sweet. Not bitter like a lemonade kind of taste at all. Very delicate but not subtle. Oh gosh, I am so sad that I will never be able to get any more of this one.
I will admittedly say that I underleafed this one in order to get more out of what I had but I steeped it for an extra 3-4 minutes and it doesn’t taste weak at all. It actually was perfect because it cooled to the perfect temperature to enjoy right away. At the second half of the cup I put in a half a tsp of sugar and it brought out the lemon flavour even more.
And that smell. Amazing.

Anlina

I haven’t tried this, so I can’t compare, but if you’re looking for a really lovely sweet lemon tea, Cornelia Bean’s Creamy Lemon green and Tealish’s Lemon Meringue rooibos are both excellent.

teapartyfortwo

Great review! I couldn’t agree more!

EmilyGee

Anlina, I’m going to have to go on a tea spree on pay day with all of your suggestions!!

Megan Low

Mmm lemon tea! The name sounds good, sad that Butiki is closing just as I discovered it. However I’m liking the sound of Anlina’s suggestion of lemon meringue rooibos!

DeliriumsFrogs

I just wrote down Anlina’s suggestions, as well (saved them to my wishlist)… I loved this Butiki tea, so finding something like it would be fantastic. And is there anything better than creamy lemon? mmmmm Thanks, Anlina!

I recently sent some of this away in a swap and as I was putting it into the baggie, I couldn’t help but notice how delicious it smelled. The smell compelled me to finally try it. I love all things lemon when it comes to tea. I find it so wonderfully soothing. This tea does not disappoint. It’s all the things you want it to be. Lots of lemon flavour and it’s not a flat lemon either, but rather a bright, zesty lemon. Underneath that is a creamy note that lends well to the lemon and reminds me of a cookie or pastry. This tea is naturally sweet and also brings lemon drops to mind. So many lovely flavours combining to create a luscious lemon tea. The base is perfect. Smooth, mild, understated and doesn’t try to compete with the other flavours. I’m going to have to buy more of this! Another great tea from Butiki!

Flavors: Candy, Cookie, Creamy, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Pastries

This is a soft lemon, no sourness at all. The comparison to lemon cake is apt, but it’s lighter and lovelier. Perhaps it’s the almond making the difference, as I don’t recall having a lemon tea with almond before. I do agree this one gets better as it cools, which is great for me as I tend to like my “hot” tea kind of lukewarm anyway, lol. I’ve not had actual macarons, but I think comparing it to a lemon Madeleine is pretty close. Anyway, I just wish these folks were still around, as I finished off my stash of it last night. :( (PS, I agree with the person who said that measuring this one was impossible! Long white leaves just don’t fit in a teaspoon!)

Flavors: Almond, Cake, Floral, Lemon

Since I had not bought from Butiki before, I wanted to place an order before they shut down for good!

My order came with a hand-written note from Stacy (who I am familiar with from this site), which I thought was a great touch!

This tea…ooooh, my goodness! I have some lemon teas at work, but not a lot at home (I have to keep most of my stash at work; my husband is decidedly anti-tea). Anyway, this tea is just about everything I want in a tea, from the lemon, to the cookie flavor, to white tea as a base. It’s perfect. I liked it as it cooled, but this is just about a perfect tea.

I don’t know if I’ve ever given a tea a 100 rating before.

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Lilysmom

I love lemon and macaron (just took a macaron making class) and this tea is great! Such small pouches for sale tho! Debating a Boxing Day order of this…..

Butiki Teas

Lilysmom-Sorry about the small pouches left. When we get close to the end of a tea, we pack everything up with the exact amount and put a quantity stop on inventory. We do that to avoid disappointment of purchasing a tea but it not being in stock. It’s much easier to manage just one size.

Had some of this as my morning tea. Wow! The tea leaves are all long and twisty and fuzzy! Dry, it smells like a homemade lemon bar. Steeped, it’s all sweet, soft lemon. I’m not getting any cookie flavor, which is disappointing, but otherwise this is one of the best lemon teas I’ve had.

And maybe if I add some rock sugar, I can get the missing cookie flavor…

Flavors: Lemon

Shortly after waking this morning I caught a whiff of something that made me think of this tea and it was all over from there. I had to have a cup. It seems to have lost a little of it’s edge with age, but not much. I still get that bright flavor of lemon without the acidic sour bite, almost like a lighter non syrupy lemoncello. It is rounded out by the almond flavor which (unlike a lot of other almond teas) doesn’t bring to mind baby powder. I still have several servings of this left, so I don’t have to say goodbye too soon, but still need to get through it before age becomes it’s enemy.

greenteafairy

I loved this one!

Dustin

SO good! Have you found anything similar? I’m keeping my eyes peeled for something to fill the looming void.

greenteafairy

Nope, unfortunately not. I’m really enjoying Noël à Venise from Dammann Freres at the moment, as far as lemony teas go, but it has a pretty different flavor profile from this one.

I got a few more teas at the end of the month, and this is one of them. (And yes—I’m aware that Black Friday will be falling within my November no-buy, but willpower is nothing if it hasn’t been tested, right?)

This tea has a lovely lemon dessert aroma—very zesty and natural, and more like the lemon cream filling of cookies than raw fruit. There are some almond slices in the mix, which lend it a marzipan-like aroma as well. Macaron as a name seems just right! The tea itself is comprised of long silver needles, and there are also a lot of flowers in the mix, though I’m not sure if they’re decorational or if they add any flavor.

The brewed tea tastes delightfully lemony. The cream note is fainter than the aroma would indicate, so it’s more similar to lemon drop candies. It’s not over-the-top or tart, and I can’t think of a better dessert-like lemon tea. Now with this tea, unlike with Watermelon Xylophone, it’s harder for me to taste the underlying tea base. Usually in a flavored white tea this is something I would avoid, but this one is just so perfectly balanced that it’s hard to find fault with. A second, cooler steep does bring out a lighter sweetness that isn’t just the lemon.

Ohhh, yummy. This is the only Butiki blend my mom has in her city apartment. It’s such a delight to have since I haven’t been touching my Butiki blends for months. At least it hasn’t gotten old or stale! Still that creamy lemon perfection laced with almond.

I also just put rosewater into my vanilla bean yogurt so I’m surrounded by fancy flavours.

TeaNTees

Always wanted to try this one! Alas! :(

The flavored tea selection in my sipdown pile is getting frightfully sparse, so I allowed myself to have one of my yet-untried Butiki teas tonight. I decided on this one because I am always on the lookout for the perfect lemon tea, and I love all things almond. The dry leaf is quite artistic with greenish silver needles along with tiny pink flower petals and a few slices of almond. Dry scent is fantastically similar to lemondrop candies with a little bit of a nod to cake. I followed the instructions and steeped 2 teaspoons for 3 minutes at 185 degrees.

Yum, the aroma! It conjures up visions of a lovely tart lemon cake dripping with sugary sweet glaze. Om nom nom! I tried the first few sips plain, but then added a tad bit of sugar just to help the pastry side of this come out. Overall, I must say that this came out a little bit too light for me – next time I will use more leaf. I wish that Stacy included the amount of tea in grams as well as teaspoons in her instructions, since large fluffy teas like this one are difficult to measure by volume. I will say that the flavor here is really quite lovely! It tastes very similar to lemondrop candies with a little bit of cake or pastry reference in there. Very yummy, but next time, more leaf! :)

Flavors: Cake, Candy, Lemon, Pastries, Sweet

christeana1

Love this tea!

I don’t know what to make of this tea. It smells amazing, like the lemon candies I got with my mom on vacation when I was younger. Brewed, there is something that I’m having a hard time with, and I’m not sure what. I had one brew last night, but I had to leave my travel mug in the car during the film (Doctor Who: Deep Breath, if anyone is interested) and it cooled off. I had thought I liked it better hot, so I made it again tonight, with a little extra leaf since I was using a 12oz mug.

I really want to like this, but something is amiss, and I don’t know what. I have enough for a few steeps left, though I need to make sure that I save enough for CrowKettle to try.

OMGsrsly

I prefer it with less leaf, hot. Otherwise I find it can get almost soapy. Of course, I have lemon soap in my bathroom right now, so it might just be association. :)