Lemon French Macaron

White Tea
Cake, Flowers, Frosting, Lemon, Almond, Lemon Zest, Meringue, Candy, Cookie, Creamy, Pastries, Cream, Sweet, Champagne, Honey, Vanilla, Marzipan
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “The dry leaf aroma is a lemon icing dream. The brewed leaf aroma is even better! I wouldn’t think that’d be possible. The flavor is deliciously lemony but missing that sweetness I get in the aroma....” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 579 tasting notes
  • “This is goodbye, Lemon French Macaron. I didn’t always get it right with you, but you never failed to be that warm, "in front of the fireplace with no deadlines" comfort tea. You...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 560 tasting notes
  • “Oh Lordy! Enjoying this tea right now – a sample from CameronB. This is soooo good. It is everything I always imagined it would be. In a way, I was kind of hoping it wouldn’t be...” Read full tasting note
    Ubacat 414 tasting notes
  • “This was a very dangerous tea for me to only have a sample of. (Thank you teapartyfortwo for being so generous!) This tea is pretty amazing. I’ve had many...” Read full tasting note
    Emahleigh93 53 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

This tea was created by the winner of our Custom Blend Contest. In October of 2013, we held a contest to send in ideas for a custom blend. A panel of judges chose the 10 best ideas and we created a poll on our site. The concept for this tea won the most votes, so we worked with the winner, Mary, to create her dream blend. This tea embodies the flavor of a lemon flavored French macaron and has rich cream and sweet cake notes. Almond notes can be found weaving their way through each sip of this decadent dessert tea but give way to mild French vanilla and malty notes. Lemon is the most prominent flavor and is mellow at first but then finishes tart. The zing of the lemon and creaminess linger long after each sip. We recommend sipping this tea at cooler temperatures. Adding sugar will mellow the lemon and transform the tea into a dessert treat.

Ingredients: White Indian Tea, Almond Slivers, Amaranth, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more info, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Remind me not to hoard this and enjoy it without it getting old. Because it’s whimsical and truly like a macaron. Oh, that creamy lemon note. Swoon. And the base is so beautifully delicate. I can drink this any day of the year.

Mikumofu

One of my all-time favorites. Not hoarding is hard…

Fjellrev

Hell yeah! When the tea gets old, then what’s the point?

The flavored tea selection in my sipdown pile is getting frightfully sparse, so I allowed myself to have one of my yet-untried Butiki teas tonight. I decided on this one because I am always on the lookout for the perfect lemon tea, and I love all things almond. The dry leaf is quite artistic with greenish silver needles along with tiny pink flower petals and a few slices of almond. Dry scent is fantastically similar to lemondrop candies with a little bit of a nod to cake. I followed the instructions and steeped 2 teaspoons for 3 minutes at 185 degrees.

Yum, the aroma! It conjures up visions of a lovely tart lemon cake dripping with sugary sweet glaze. Om nom nom! I tried the first few sips plain, but then added a tad bit of sugar just to help the pastry side of this come out. Overall, I must say that this came out a little bit too light for me – next time I will use more leaf. I wish that Stacy included the amount of tea in grams as well as teaspoons in her instructions, since large fluffy teas like this one are difficult to measure by volume. I will say that the flavor here is really quite lovely! It tastes very similar to lemondrop candies with a little bit of cake or pastry reference in there. Very yummy, but next time, more leaf! :)

Flavors: Cake, Candy, Lemon, Pastries, Sweet

christeana1

Love this tea!

I don’t know what to make of this tea. It smells amazing, like the lemon candies I got with my mom on vacation when I was younger. Brewed, there is something that I’m having a hard time with, and I’m not sure what. I had one brew last night, but I had to leave my travel mug in the car during the film (Doctor Who: Deep Breath, if anyone is interested) and it cooled off. I had thought I liked it better hot, so I made it again tonight, with a little extra leaf since I was using a 12oz mug.

I really want to like this, but something is amiss, and I don’t know what. I have enough for a few steeps left, though I need to make sure that I save enough for CrowKettle to try.

OMGsrsly

I prefer it with less leaf, hot. Otherwise I find it can get almost soapy. Of course, I have lemon soap in my bathroom right now, so it might just be association. :)

Sorry everyone – going to work on an enormous note backlog right now. And this is only from the past couple weeks.

Anyways, I’ve been working stupid long hours at two jobs, and barely have had time to sleep, let alone anything else. And then? Our water pipes froze. So I was without running water for a week. And it was spectacular (aka really terrible). We still have frozen pipes, but as of yesterday afternoon, running water has resumed via a hose connecting the neighbour’s outdoor tap to our outdoor tap. Which is awesome, because tea made with “spring water” is terrible. Just saying. (Also, it’s terribly inconvenient to live without running water. #firstworldproblem, yes.)

So, Lemon French Macaron. Not my favourite of Butiki’s offerings, but nothing wrong with it. I had it in a travel mug sometime recently, and it was tasty enough – bright lemon flavour, light white tea, and some creaminess. I mean, for a lemon-flavoured tea, it was perfectly fine. Just not a favourite!

tea-sipper

Ah! So sorry about the water situation!

Kaylee

Pretty sure that lack of running water is a problem in lots of the world. I’m glad you have it back!

Kittenna

You do have a point. I guess I felt like I was being overly whiny because I has access elsewhere, just not in my home!

A sample! I’ve been dreaming of Butiki’s White Rhino so I will probably be drinking a ton of white teas. Also, I found a song called ‘White Rhino Tea’… I forget the band now, but that was amusing. This blend sounds divine, but I think I could have used more flavor from the white tea, the lemon and the almond. I wasn’t tasting too much almond. Really, a good Bai mu Dan tea might have had enough lemon flavor in it as is. Or maybe even the White Rhino would have been a nice base, but White Rhino would be a nice base for many things. Again, not doing this tea any justice with this tasting note, as I sipped this one a couple days ago. This one doesn’t have the Butiki magic that I expect, I guess. I’m planning a Butiki order, though I really shouldn’t.. at least until after January!

This is the most delicious lemon tea I have ever had – it is like liquid lemon drops. Smooth, sweet and creamy. And of course deliciously lemony. Mmm!

I cold brewed this for about 8 hours overnight.
This is delicious! This is even better than I was imagining it to be. It is of course lemon, but it is soft and smooth, not sour like lemons usually are. I am definitely getting a bit of nutty, buttery pastry. YUM!
I will also have to try this a hot brew!

1909 tasting notes

(EEE!! I got my order!)

Oh. My. God.

This smells SO good!

Why didn’t I buy lots for me as well as my BFF?! This tea is fantastic! I love it. LOVE it. Possibly even more than Watermelon Xylophone.

Delicious and amazing creamy lemon pastry-ness.

I steeped a cup, then took the leaves and put them into 16oz cool water for a cold steep. Fingers crossed!

Flavors: Cream, Lemon, Pastries

I ordered this one and I haven’t tried it yet… Silly me! :P

OMGsrsly

The height of foolishness. ;) As you can no doubt tell, I like it lots. Not completely sold on the cold steep yet. Maybe in the morning.

DeliriumsFrogs

This one really does smell SO good! yummy!! :)

Cavocorax

Eeeeee! My order should be here soon. :) I can’t wait to dig in!

OMGsrsly

Try it! I think Sil liked it cold steeped, but it’s not a favourite for me. But I think I can get 3 steeps or so out of the leaves, so I’m not too upset. :)

As I sit here in my whitewashed four-walled apartment listening to Geto Boys’ perennial classic “Damn It Feels Good to be a Gangsta” and drinking Stacy’s Lemon French Macaron, everything seems right in the world. A perfect pairing it seems – oh how tea and music is bound together so exquisitely!

This tea is a smelling-tea. The bouquet screams of sweetness and fresh-clipped roses. A single sniff shall send you, smothered in blankets, to your childhood once again.

The taste is not quite as strong as the smell, but is still pleasant. A note to the wise here, though – it is AWFULLY difficult to measure out the teaspoons of this wonderfully tippy tea. A bunch of silver needle-esque leaves there are in there! I tried my best to carefully measure out 4 teaspoons into 500mL of water, but I feel like I got most of the thin almond slices and other garnish in my infuser rather than the tea itself.

Thus, be prepared to experiment with the time and amount of tea/water you steep!

In sooth, the tea soothes. A natural transition into a little Pharoahe Monch after you get a little buzz going from that Geto Boys song.

Flavors: Almond, Champagne, Cream

Got this as one of my samples from Butiki!
This is yet another lovely tea from there. It has a strong lemon flavor but enough creaminess to not let it be sour. But it has more of a slant towards being sour. Least compared to other lemon teas I’ve had recently that are softer on the lemon flavor.
But anywho, this is another great lemon tea! So glad to finally try this one! ^^

Flavors: Cream, Lemon

Cameron B.

I am going to have serious issues when I actually have to decide which teas to order from Butiki… There are at least 20 that I want to try. :P

Mandy

Have you tried Good Morning Sunshine yet? How does it compare?

Ost

I forgot about that one. I think Good Morning Sunshine was more sour, which is why I didn’t like it xD but that was a few weeks ago and my memory is bad xD

Cameron B.

I’ve never had guayusa before, but I am considering getting one of those blends just to try it out. Did it have a distinct flavor?