Lemon French Macaron

White Tea
Lemon, Cake, Candy, Pastries, Sweet, Cream, Almond, Champagne, Creamy, Cookie, Honey, Lemon Zest, Vanilla, Marzipan
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “Had some of this as my morning tea. Wow! The tea leaves are all long and twisty and fuzzy! Dry, it smells like a homemade lemon bar. Steeped, it's all sweet, soft lemon. I'm not getting any cookie...” Read full tasting note
    sundaysipping 219 tasting notes
  • “Wow! Just wow! This tea has an amazing lemon flavor! It's like the crisp flavor you get from the peel of the lemon. That is the first thing I taste, then a creamy taste joins in a little later in...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 556 tasting notes
  • “I got a few more teas at the end of the month, and this is one of them. (And yes--I'm aware that Black Friday will be falling within my November no-buy, but willpower is nothing if it hasn't been...” Read full tasting note
    yingru 167 tasting notes
  • “Ohhh, this is amazing. With Stacy's retirement around the corner, I was prompted to order a ton of it and not hoard the 2 oz. I have already (plus I already went through 1 oz. of it in a previous...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 922 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

This tea was created by the winner of our Custom Blend Contest. In October of 2013, we held a contest to send in ideas for a custom blend. A panel of judges chose the 10 best ideas and we created a poll on our site. The concept for this tea won the most votes, so we worked with the winner, Mary, to create her dream blend. This tea embodies the flavor of a lemon flavored French macaron and has rich cream and sweet cake notes. Almond notes can be found weaving their way through each sip of this decadent dessert tea but give way to mild French vanilla and malty notes. Lemon is the most prominent flavor and is mellow at first but then finishes tart. The zing of the lemon and creaminess linger long after each sip. We recommend sipping this tea at cooler temperatures. Adding sugar will mellow the lemon and transform the tea into a dessert treat.

Ingredients: White Indian Tea, Almond Slivers, Amaranth, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more info, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Yummy dessert tea! Lemon-y, cake-y, coconut-y! Very soothing. I keep cleaning the house which means I’m back to icing my knee. Having a productive and yummy tea filled day. :-D

Glad you like it!

Cheri

This tea is soooo gooooood. Take it easy on your knee, lady, so it can heal up!

I wanted to try this as a cold brew and I’m so glad I did!

It’s been in the fridge for 12+ hours and I tried it this morning, very lemony, sweet and the pastry notes even come out. It’s insanely refreshing and tasty, doesn’t need sugar at all due to the natural sweetness of the white tea. I might be drinking this cold from now on. Yum yum!

Iced 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Stephanie

awesome!

Cheri

sounds really good. I need to try it that way.

TeaBrat

Cheri, yes you do! :)

Cheri

I’ll try to do it this weekend.

Delicious sample done and dusted!

As delicious as this is, I am ok with just having a sample of it. For now. I guess.

No, it’s great. Very lemon! I cheated and even early on added around a half a tsp of sugar for 8oz of tea and it was just enough to bring out those sweeter notes strongly enough against the zingy lemon.

Could have been a hint more almond. Which is ridiculous for someone who generally dislikes almond taste to say! But I was looking for that real macaron flavour, and as a macaron nut I didn’t quite find it.

The dry leaf of this tea is so pretty! You have the almonds, the white tea leaves and little pops of pink here and there. After this tea has steeped, I smell a tart yet sugary sweet lemon dessert… perhaps a cookie or a cake? It’s pretty amazing how delicious this smells. I’m loving the balance between the tart lemon and sweet dessert – this one smells just perfect!

Sipping… lemon is one of the first things I taste. It’s bright, sweet and a little more mellow than I was expecting. I’m surprised because I’m not tasting any macaron, almond or desserty flavors. I suppose you could say that the lemon is desserty in itself, but I feel like there should be something more since the scent is so amazing. I really want the nice creamy, cakey, almond flavors everyone else is tasting!

I feel like I would drink this again in the future purely for the lemon flavor, but I wish that I could bring out more of the macaron notes to make it more special. Thank you so much to Stacy for including this in my most recent order!

I was super excited about this tea! I love macarons, and I wish I could eat them every day.

The lemon flavour is enjoyable and cake and vanilla tones are definitely present, but I’m not getting macaron from this. It’s missing that meringue flavour for me. There’s a very specific sugar flavour in a macaron that makes or breaks it. I tried adding sugar to the tea, hoping it would make a world of difference like it sometimes does, but it didn’t happen.

It’s a very well executed tea though, and I would highly recommend it. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high?

GRRRRR

I was mostly done writing up a whole big long note on this. Mostly, nothing to do with the tea except that I love it and it makes me feel good when I drink it.

Then I somehow lost the note. Poof. Gone.

I’d be more saddened and upset by this if I weren’t still drinking this tea (second infusion and still going strong.) I am, however, drinking this tea still, so I’m just going to take another sip and enjoy it, and feel my frustrations just drift away.

boychik

Steepster acting weird for me today

Cheri

I sneezed while typing and accidentally hit control or alt (not sure which) and it got me in a weird state. I hit escape to get out of it, because this is not the first time I’ve done this and that usually fixes it. This also closed my almost finished tasting note. Ah well. I’m still drinking the tea, and I’m not worrying about it.

Bless you!

giggle Thanks!

Fresh & Refreshing
Strong lemony flavor tempered by creamy vanilla
along with some almond and pastry notes
I remember a recent thread cautioning people against using
too high of numbers on reviews…I think to weed out some that
are artificially high, HOWEVER, my thoughts are this….
What if there were too many smart people on the forum and we graded them as well…
Would we have to “dumb some of them down?”
UNFAIR
This lovely tea deserves a 100 (in My Book Anyhow)
The flavors are clear, and yet masterfully blended at the same time
I am presently speaking from my repeat steep(2nd pot)…
This has an excellent resteep value and while the lemon tastes strong
throughout, even on the resteep, you can taste those delicate pastry
and almond notes and it remain somewhat complex in flavor
with creamy vanilla, along with almond &pastry notes layered throughout.
Congrats Stacy…truly an exceptional tea :-)

CelebriTEA

I just realized this is a white tea and overall, I am not crazy about white tea as I am blacks.
It definitely works here and reaffirms to me that Butiki has some very fine blends.
Suziqzer please contact me about getting some samples…
I want to make sure you get to taste Butiki
Thanks Stacy for the samples…I so appreciate them…

sent you a PM .. :)

great ;-)

Butiki Teas

So glad you are enjoying this! :)

Thanx…I am!!!

Bought a sample of this to try…..when I first tried it after steeping, I got a pale lemon taste, but not really anything else. I got busy, and my tea cooled. When I tasted the cooled tea, the cream and vanilla notes really sang through. Very pretty taste, but I prefer a really strong lemon tea.

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Tragic Sipdown (176/182)!

Noooooo!!!

Why does this have to be a sipdown!? I really need to put in that Butiki order sooner than later but I still have so many other teas left to try, and a couple more to sipdown. Dmn you work for preventing me from getting as much tea drinking in!

I’m sure my talking about it so much is maybe starting to get irritable?

The worst part: this cup was even better than the first. I didn’t even think that’d be possible! But nope: extra vanilla notes and extra cake notes. Damn it! I want this even more now!

Flavors: Cream, Lemon Zest, Vanilla

Courtney

I worry my talking about studying bothers people too. Eep. But I’m not irritated with your work stories.

Nxtdoor

Nah. People can skip along if they want.

TeaBrat

I enjoy hearing about what’s going on in other people’s lives :)

Roswell Strange

So do I (enjoy hearing about other people’s lives) – but I also know not everyone else is: that’s why I try to balance tasting notes between personal and very descriptive in relation to the tea.

Only fitting that my 1000th tasting note is such a delicious tea! (and yes, I did make a point of putting a tea that I love here).

Stuck it in my Timolino prior to going on a first date, walking around rainy Central Park. I brought him tea! Heh. Anyway, I had my first sip as I walked up on the date, and I actually stopped in my tracks. So good! Creamy, light, lemony, fluffy, very much like a sweet macaron. Have to admit, now that it’s cooled, I like the tea less. It was by far the best hot, and it’s been six hours since I made it with the lid off, so…

Definitely yummy though, just wish that these last few sips tasted as mind-blowingly great as the first few.

whatshesaid

Wow! congrats on the huge milestone!

whatshesaid

Ps did your date enjoy the tea? :)

Courtney

Woot 1000!

MissB

He said prior to meeting he’s a fan of EGs and English Breakfast teas, so I pretended it was a one-way swap and brought him samples to try on his own. He was surprised. ;) Sadly, I think we’re a better match for others, however it was still an enjoyable time. He shared the best Johnny Depp story ever!

Suziqzer

Yeah 1000!! Hope your date went well!

Aw cute :)

Johnny Depp story! Cool!

congrats on 1000!

Dustin

Soooooo???? What was the JD story?

Roswell Strange

Congrats on 1000!!!

MissB

Thanks everyone! :)

JD story: there were a lot of personal details in it that kind of make the story, but in a nutshell… said date worked with JD many years ago in one of his first projects, and they stayed in touch. JD was visiting another actor they both knew prior to Hallowe’en, and my date suggested he crash a party as Captain Jack Sparrow, because the person throwing the party was dressing up as such. I guess Monsieur Depp loved this idea, did it, used the accent and everything, and blew the guests away. Supposedly there are pictures, of which I am eager to see. :)

Dustin

That is awesome! I love hearing about famous people not taking themselves too seriously and having fun. It makes them more rounded and real instead of just the glamour hollywood facade. Like when Bill Murray crashes parties and bar tends!

Woohooo, Grats on 1000 notes! Sounds like the date was a little fun at the least :)

Ubacat

Congrats on the 1000 tasting note! Loved the Johnny Depp story

Awesome story!!

Terri HarpLady

yeah, you gotta out at least a couple more times, so you can view the pics! LOL

Jennkay

Congrats on 1000! The tasting note & comments were fun to read :)