Lemon French Macaron

White Tea
Butter, Cookie, Floral, Frosting, Lemon, Cake, Flowers, Almond, Lemon Zest, Meringue, Candy, Creamy, Pastries, Cream, Sweet, Champagne, Honey, Vanilla, Marzipan
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

This tea was created by the winner of our Custom Blend Contest. In October of 2013, we held a contest to send in ideas for a custom blend. A panel of judges chose the 10 best ideas and we created a poll on our site. The concept for this tea won the most votes, so we worked with the winner, Mary, to create her dream blend. This tea embodies the flavor of a lemon flavored French macaron and has rich cream and sweet cake notes. Almond notes can be found weaving their way through each sip of this decadent dessert tea but give way to mild French vanilla and malty notes. Lemon is the most prominent flavor and is mellow at first but then finishes tart. The zing of the lemon and creaminess linger long after each sip. We recommend sipping this tea at cooler temperatures. Adding sugar will mellow the lemon and transform the tea into a dessert treat.

Ingredients: White Indian Tea, Almond Slivers, Amaranth, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more info, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

i tried this one as a cold brew today and that was a good call. Liquid so clear it was nearly water like, and a very light refreshing lemon flavour, without being that intense LEMON flavour you’d get with real lemons. Over all, I’m not sure which way i prefer but this was tasty…i really should make some more for moving tomorrow…going to be hot and sweaty… ugh.

Iced 8 min or more

How long did you cold brew it for?

uh…8? hours ish..

And no bitterness? I always find I get bitterness in cold brewed white teas

No actually….

Yummy dessert tea! Lemon-y, cake-y, coconut-y! Very soothing. I keep cleaning the house which means I’m back to icing my knee. Having a productive and yummy tea filled day. :-D

Terri HarpLady

Glad you like it!

This tea is soooo gooooood. Take it easy on your knee, lady, so it can heal up!

I wanted to try this as a cold brew and I’m so glad I did!

It’s been in the fridge for 12+ hours and I tried it this morning, very lemony, sweet and the pastry notes even come out. It’s insanely refreshing and tasty, doesn’t need sugar at all due to the natural sweetness of the white tea. I might be drinking this cold from now on. Yum yum!

Iced 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

sounds really good. I need to try it that way.

Cheri, yes you do! :)

I’ll try to do it this weekend.

Delicious sample done and dusted!

As delicious as this is, I am ok with just having a sample of it. For now. I guess.

No, it’s great. Very lemon! I cheated and even early on added around a half a tsp of sugar for 8oz of tea and it was just enough to bring out those sweeter notes strongly enough against the zingy lemon.

Could have been a hint more almond. Which is ridiculous for someone who generally dislikes almond taste to say! But I was looking for that real macaron flavour, and as a macaron nut I didn’t quite find it.

The dry leaf of this tea is so pretty! You have the almonds, the white tea leaves and little pops of pink here and there. After this tea has steeped, I smell a tart yet sugary sweet lemon dessert… perhaps a cookie or a cake? It’s pretty amazing how delicious this smells. I’m loving the balance between the tart lemon and sweet dessert – this one smells just perfect!

Sipping… lemon is one of the first things I taste. It’s bright, sweet and a little more mellow than I was expecting. I’m surprised because I’m not tasting any macaron, almond or desserty flavors. I suppose you could say that the lemon is desserty in itself, but I feel like there should be something more since the scent is so amazing. I really want the nice creamy, cakey, almond flavors everyone else is tasting!

I feel like I would drink this again in the future purely for the lemon flavor, but I wish that I could bring out more of the macaron notes to make it more special. Thank you so much to Stacy for including this in my most recent order!

I was super excited about this tea! I love macarons, and I wish I could eat them every day.

The lemon flavour is enjoyable and cake and vanilla tones are definitely present, but I’m not getting macaron from this. It’s missing that meringue flavour for me. There’s a very specific sugar flavour in a macaron that makes or breaks it. I tried adding sugar to the tea, hoping it would make a world of difference like it sometimes does, but it didn’t happen.

It’s a very well executed tea though, and I would highly recommend it. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high?

I was mostly done writing up a whole big long note on this. Mostly, nothing to do with the tea except that I love it and it makes me feel good when I drink it.

Then I somehow lost the note. Poof. Gone.

I’d be more saddened and upset by this if I weren’t still drinking this tea (second infusion and still going strong.) I am, however, drinking this tea still, so I’m just going to take another sip and enjoy it, and feel my frustrations just drift away.

Steepster acting weird for me today

I sneezed while typing and accidentally hit control or alt (not sure which) and it got me in a weird state. I hit escape to get out of it, because this is not the first time I’ve done this and that usually fixes it. This also closed my almost finished tasting note. Ah well. I’m still drinking the tea, and I’m not worrying about it.

Bless you!

giggle Thanks!

Fresh & Refreshing
Strong lemony flavor tempered by creamy vanilla
along with some almond and pastry notes
I remember a recent thread cautioning people against using
too high of numbers on reviews…I think to weed out some that
are artificially high, HOWEVER, my thoughts are this….
What if there were too many smart people on the forum and we graded them as well…
Would we have to “dumb some of them down?”
This lovely tea deserves a 100 (in My Book Anyhow)
The flavors are clear, and yet masterfully blended at the same time
I am presently speaking from my repeat steep(2nd pot)…
This has an excellent resteep value and while the lemon tastes strong
throughout, even on the resteep, you can taste those delicate pastry
and almond notes and it remain somewhat complex in flavor
with creamy vanilla, along with almond &pastry notes layered throughout.
Congrats Stacy…truly an exceptional tea :-)

I just realized this is a white tea and overall, I am not crazy about white tea as I am blacks.
It definitely works here and reaffirms to me that Butiki has some very fine blends.
Suziqzer please contact me about getting some samples…
I want to make sure you get to taste Butiki
Thanks Stacy for the samples…I so appreciate them…

sent you a PM .. :)

great ;-)

Butiki Teas

So glad you are enjoying this! :)

Thanx…I am!!!

Bought a sample of this to try…..when I first tried it after steeping, I got a pale lemon taste, but not really anything else. I got busy, and my tea cooled. When I tasted the cooled tea, the cream and vanilla notes really sang through. Very pretty taste, but I prefer a really strong lemon tea.

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Tragic Sipdown (176/182)!

Why does this have to be a sipdown!? I really need to put in that Butiki order sooner than later but I still have so many other teas left to try, and a couple more to sipdown. Dmn you work for preventing me from getting as much tea drinking in!

I’m sure my talking about it so much is maybe starting to get irritable?

The worst part: this cup was even better than the first. I didn’t even think that’d be possible! But nope: extra vanilla notes and extra cake notes. Damn it! I want this even more now!

Flavors: Cream, Lemon Zest, Vanilla

I worry my talking about studying bothers people too. Eep. But I’m not irritated with your work stories.

Nah. People can skip along if they want.

I enjoy hearing about what’s going on in other people’s lives :)

Roswell Strange

So do I (enjoy hearing about other people’s lives) – but I also know not everyone else is: that’s why I try to balance tasting notes between personal and very descriptive in relation to the tea.