Lemon French Macaron

White Tea
Butter, Cookie, Floral, Frosting, Lemon, Cake, Flowers, Almond, Lemon Zest, Meringue, Candy, Creamy, Pastries, Cream, Sweet, Champagne, Honey, Vanilla, Marzipan
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “A generous sample from Nicole had me singing a very familiar mantra when it comes to Butiki Teas these days. Nooo, no no no. Please no. Why is this so damn good? Why can’t I...” Read full tasting note
    Beorhthraefn 20 tasting notes
  • “The dry leaf aroma is a lemon icing dream. The brewed leaf aroma is even better! I wouldn’t think that’d be possible. The flavor is deliciously lemony but missing that sweetness I get in the aroma....” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 589 tasting notes
  • “This is goodbye, Lemon French Macaron. I didn’t always get it right with you, but you never failed to be that warm, "in front of the fireplace with no deadlines" comfort tea. You...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 560 tasting notes
  • “Oh Lordy! Enjoying this tea right now – a sample from CameronB. This is soooo good. It is everything I always imagined it would be. In a way, I was kind of hoping it wouldn’t be...” Read full tasting note
    Ubacat 431 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

This tea was created by the winner of our Custom Blend Contest. In October of 2013, we held a contest to send in ideas for a custom blend. A panel of judges chose the 10 best ideas and we created a poll on our site. The concept for this tea won the most votes, so we worked with the winner, Mary, to create her dream blend. This tea embodies the flavor of a lemon flavored French macaron and has rich cream and sweet cake notes. Almond notes can be found weaving their way through each sip of this decadent dessert tea but give way to mild French vanilla and malty notes. Lemon is the most prominent flavor and is mellow at first but then finishes tart. The zing of the lemon and creaminess linger long after each sip. We recommend sipping this tea at cooler temperatures. Adding sugar will mellow the lemon and transform the tea into a dessert treat.

Ingredients: White Indian Tea, Almond Slivers, Amaranth, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more info, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Oh man, this smells amazing. It has a sharper lemon scent than I’d imagined it would, though; more like a lemon candy than a lemon tart, if that makes sense. Inhale a bit deeper and you do get a whiff of vanilla, and that gave me hope. Because I’ll be honest and say that I don’t actually like lemons, or most lemon-flavoured things. I don’t even like white tea all that much. But I trust stacey’s blending abilities so completely that I knew I needed to try this.

First let me say that measuring out leaves that are this long and fluffy is nearly impossible. I nearly filled my infuser basket to the top in an effort to ensure I wasn’t underleafing, and then ended up spilling a few leaves into the cup. I finally settled on an amount that seemed like two teaspoons, and set to work.

The resultant brew (with a bit of sugar added) is quite pleasant. Definitely a detectable lemon flavour, and it isn’t even remotely tart, which is perfectly fine by me. Once the tea cooled some, I could pick up on some underlying vanilla/pastry notes, but I have to say that this didn’t strike me as a very complex tea. Certainly tasty, with a light and uncomplicated lemon flavour, with a hint of vanilla/cakiness to tie it all together. I’m dying to add a spot of cream to my next attempt to see if I can’t coax out more of the cream notes. I can’t help it! haha.

Courtney

I agree about the measurements. I would put it on my scale, but I’ve no idea which weight would be best.

keychange

Yeah. Definitely a lot of guess work on my part haha.

whatshesaid

I agree it was tough to measure! Flavour wise I also got light and uncomplicated :)

Another samples that came in my Butiki order.

While this one was very strongly lemon scented, it was much more subtle once steeped. Deliciously like a fluffy piece of lemon cake. I don’t make a habit of stocking lemon teas, as they are not my favorites, but I would definitely ordering this one in the future.

T&C TTB Tea # 8 – Backlog May 24

(3 min @ 82 degrees)

This was my second time trying this tea. I am quite sure I underleafed my first time around so I wanted to give it another chance to shine.

It’s light, with a crisp lemon taste that is not too tart. No bitterness.
There is a slight creamy note, some vanilla. I didn’t really get any baked goods out of it though, adding sugar would probably help. The creamy note that does exist serves to lighten up the lemonyness a bit.

While very nice, i don’t think this is quite the tea I am looking for. Maybe I’m just finding the white tea is too light. Definitely tasty, but I’m not sure I would buy it. I do have one more cup left to try though!

Ultimately it is another example of a tasty Butiki tea, but I think I was just hoping for a bit more of a punch in the face. Haha. Yeah.

Got my Butiki order in today! Aaaahhhhh! This one was included as a sample! I was really, really tempted to buy a 1/2 oz of it with the rest of my order BUT, knowing how finicky I can be about white teas, I held off. It was sitting prettily right at the top of the box. When I picked it up I smelled lemon candy and faint sweetness. Brewed up, it smells very similar to the way the dry leaf smells. I definitely agree with other posters—the flavors meld much better at cooler temperatures. The citrus backs off and becomes more soft. It was more tart when hot, but as it cooled I was able to discern more creaminess and pastry-like flavor. Like a very lightly sweetened cookie. Or, like a macaroon. (: I enjoyed my cup tremendously but I don’t think I’ll be getting any more for myself. It has nothing to do with the quality of the blend and everything to do with my dislike of white tea. A little too light for my taste.

Bravo Stacy!

EDIT: Now I find myself craving this tea. Guess it’s going on my next order after all. :P

I picked up an oz of this in my Butiki orer, & it’s tasty! I’m never had a Macaron, but this tastes like a light pastry with lemon & vanilla creaminess. Works for me!

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!

Marzipan

I like this one a lot.

Neener neener neener

i justcleaned up my cupboard and found homes for all the recently purchased teas….. i REALLY shouldn’t buy anymore until i get a few more down…i have no more room since i’m trying to stay out of the kitchen lol

Terri HarpLady

Just don’t send any of them MY way!

Marzipan

I’m getting some Tuesday! Stephanie didn’t like it so she is giving hers to me.

VariaTEA

How does this one compare to L’Hiver?

Terri HarpLady

hmmm…I think I still have a little of L’Hiver left, so I’ll try to compare them.

VariaTEA

Awesome.

My Butiki order came yesterday! So excited. I was most excited about this one. I loooooooove creamy lemon teas and loved the idea of a macaron tea! Even though I had one of my own tea blend ideas in the top ten for Stacy’s contest, I was secretly hoping this one would win! And this definitely smelled the best out of the bunch, so I picked this one out to try first last night.

This called for 2 tsp per 8 oz cup of water. I was having a 12 oz cup of tea and I found that the 2 tsp of tea I added to my steeper took what seemed like half the tea that was in the bag! This bag definitely won’t last long, but it was soooo good. Such butter-creamy lemon goodness. The flavour was a tad weak, but that’s because I didn’t add as much tea as the parameters suggested. I’m gonna make it a little stronger next time just to get some more of that awesome flavour!

This is wonderfully light and lemon-y. Dry this smelled strongly of some sort of lemon candy, which was just fine by me. It still smells nearly as strong steeped, but more lemon less candy. Slightly. The taste is less strong in the lemon department, but that isn’t to say it isn’t apparent. It is. There’s also a creamy quality here.

Creamy lemon goodness. Yes. This one gets the seal of approval.

I love Stacy’s flavoured whites – Cantaloupe & Cream, Watermelon Xylophone, and now this one. I occasionally rotate one of them into my cupboard, so this one shall go into that rotation.

sundaysipping

This sounds so good!

whatshesaid

Yummmm I wonder if I will love it!

Courtney

I hope so! It’s quite delightful.

Plunkybug

I really can’t wait to try this one. Along with White Rhino.

My grandmother made wonderful lemon cut outs when I was young, this tea brings me right back to her kitchen 20 yeas ago eager for the icing to go on so I could have my first taste. While I wouldn’t go so far as to say it takes just like a lemon cookie, it certainly tastes like one smells, if that makes sense? Upon sipping lemon floods the senses but after a moment or two you start to pick up the subtler notes of vanilla and the hint of almond. I wish the white tea came through but with so much going on it just gets out of the way for the party!

Keep in mind this is a white tea and not an herbal infusion or a rooibis, be very careful with your steep times and water temperature as it wounds easily. I also recommend drinking it not quite hot, letting it cool down just a little more than usual seems to allow the flavor to firm up and come across a little better. A second steep really helps this blend, the lemon backs off a few notches and all the flavors come together in a lovely way!

IT’S A LEMON FRENCH MACAROON PARTY IN MY MOUTH!!!
(If you haven’t seen the Hidden Valley Ranch skit from SNL with Melissa McCarthy…you should google it)

This was another sample from my prize pack with Butiki Tea. So far we are 2 for 2! This has a lovely lemon taste. The sweetness is light and not overwhelming. I’ve never actually had a macaroon, but this tastes like a lovely lemon pastry with light icing.

I don’t think I could do this one every day, but it will definitely get a place in the permanent rotation!

lolainred

ooo… this is one of the samples I got with my recent order! I am even more excited to try it!

My Butiki teas came, which is always cause for immense excitement in my house! Unfortunately they arrived in the day I had a ninety minute meeting after work which left with only a little over an hour to sort teas, eat supper, and get to my girls night. So only time to try one quick cup of this. Brewed as a white, with no sweetener, this was amazing! So light and lemon, but with a definite cookie base to the flavour. It was reminiscent of a liquid cookie. I am super impressed with the strength of the lemon note and how beautifully all the flavour melded. This is such a light, refreshing tea that I could see myself drinking it hot even through the summer.

After only one cup, I am beginning to suspect this will be a tea I need to keep permanently in my cupboard!!

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

nice.. getting excited (as if i needed help) about this one

mewakeling

Get excited, I think it is downright amazing!!