Lemon French Macaron

White Tea
Lemon, Cake, Candy, Pastries, Sweet, Cream, Almond, Champagne, Creamy, Cookie, Honey, Lemon Zest, Vanilla, Marzipan
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “Had some of this as my morning tea. Wow! The tea leaves are all long and twisty and fuzzy! Dry, it smells like a homemade lemon bar. Steeped, it's all sweet, soft lemon. I'm not getting any cookie...” Read full tasting note
    sundaysipping 219 tasting notes
  • “Wow! Just wow! This tea has an amazing lemon flavor! It's like the crisp flavor you get from the peel of the lemon. That is the first thing I taste, then a creamy taste joins in a little later in...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 556 tasting notes
  • “I got a few more teas at the end of the month, and this is one of them. (And yes--I'm aware that Black Friday will be falling within my November no-buy, but willpower is nothing if it hasn't been...” Read full tasting note
    yingru 166 tasting notes
  • “Ohhh, this is amazing. With Stacy's retirement around the corner, I was prompted to order a ton of it and not hoard the 2 oz. I have already (plus I already went through 1 oz. of it in a previous...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 917 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

This tea was created by the winner of our Custom Blend Contest. In October of 2013, we held a contest to send in ideas for a custom blend. A panel of judges chose the 10 best ideas and we created a poll on our site. The concept for this tea won the most votes, so we worked with the winner, Mary, to create her dream blend. This tea embodies the flavor of a lemon flavored French macaron and has rich cream and sweet cake notes. Almond notes can be found weaving their way through each sip of this decadent dessert tea but give way to mild French vanilla and malty notes. Lemon is the most prominent flavor and is mellow at first but then finishes tart. The zing of the lemon and creaminess linger long after each sip. We recommend sipping this tea at cooler temperatures. Adding sugar will mellow the lemon and transform the tea into a dessert treat.

Ingredients: White Indian Tea, Almond Slivers, Amaranth, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more info, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

IT’S A LEMON FRENCH MACAROON PARTY IN MY MOUTH!!!
(If you haven’t seen the Hidden Valley Ranch skit from SNL with Melissa McCarthy…you should google it)

This was another sample from my prize pack with Butiki Tea. So far we are 2 for 2! This has a lovely lemon taste. The sweetness is light and not overwhelming. I’ve never actually had a macaroon, but this tastes like a lovely lemon pastry with light icing.

I don’t think I could do this one every day, but it will definitely get a place in the permanent rotation!

lolainred

ooo… this is one of the samples I got with my recent order! I am even more excited to try it!

My Butiki teas came, which is always cause for immense excitement in my house! Unfortunately they arrived in the day I had a ninety minute meeting after work which left with only a little over an hour to sort teas, eat supper, and get to my girls night. So only time to try one quick cup of this. Brewed as a white, with no sweetener, this was amazing! So light and lemon, but with a definite cookie base to the flavour. It was reminiscent of a liquid cookie. I am super impressed with the strength of the lemon note and how beautifully all the flavour melded. This is such a light, refreshing tea that I could see myself drinking it hot even through the summer.

After only one cup, I am beginning to suspect this will be a tea I need to keep permanently in my cupboard!!

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

nice.. getting excited (as if i needed help) about this one

mewakeling

Get excited, I think it is downright amazing!!

I am beginning to think i need to consider getting legal advice regarding a tea power of attorney….TPOA…. why? so that when i buy a ridiculous amount of an incredible tea (such as maybe .5 oz which equals 3 of my big tea cups) stacy can laugh at me, up the amount, charge me the extra and simply scrawl across the bottom of the invoice ‘because i knew better’.

dammit. 2 cups left.

lemon. madeleines. lemon curd, but with virtually no acidity. very smooth, naturally sweet. perfectly balanced.

as previously stated- dammit!

Butiki Teas

Hahaha :)

Amariel

Oh my god. I need to order some soon. It is on my planned order, but I might have to hurry it up. :P

JustJames

i would advise more than .5 of an ounce. also zero no scent of flowers before you wonder.

Amariel

Thanks James. I’m partly waiting to order because my last order with Nutmeg Cream and Champagne Cider has a sample of Hello Sweetie. And while I have no doubt I’ll love it, it means I may need to tweak my order to include some. But also, I may be going in with CrowKettle for a larger order to get free shipping.

CelebriTEA

This is such a lovely tea

Got my Butiki box today. YAY!!!

This reminds me SO MUCH of Good Morning Sunshine, minus the guayusa. It is very good, creamy, lemony, tasty tasty…but probably will not be a re-purchase for me. I get why everyone is raving about it though and am totally glad I tried it! :D

TeaBrat

ooooh, I just ordered some stuff from them recently and I hope mine arrives soon :)

I just realized, this is the only white tea I really love.

Memily

Big call!

Stephanie

Not even Cantaloupe and Cream? Or Watermelon Xylophone?

Marzipan

I haven’t tried those, so maybe I’ll amend my statement later.

They’re both amazing.

Stephanie

Stacy has a special way with white teas!

Sorry my tasting notes are few and far between, I have been on here, I just haven’t taken the time to actually sit down and write out any notes. Apparently grad school, tea logging and me don’t mesh well haha but I had to take a second and talk about how much I love this tea!! I have fallen in love with Butiki teas and this one is no exception. The last lemon tea I had was not good at all, but I decided that since this was one of Stacy’s blends it would be different so I ordered some when it was put up and I was right! It’s perfect! It’s lemony, but not too tart, it has the desert element but not too overwhelmingly sweet. If you haven’t tried this you need to! Love it!

TranquiliTea81

Also I just inadvertently figured out how to make things bold on here!! It’s a good day!

Cheri

This one sounds soooo good. I think it just got back in stock today, too. I’m torn. I really want to try this one, but yet I can’t justify another tea order right now….decisions, decisions.

I got this totally unexpected sample from very generous CharlotteZero.
this tea smells absolutely insane – lemons,almonds, cream. dry blend is a very pretty to look at. I brew it according to Butiki : 2tsp 180F 3min 8 oz. OMG, this is unbelievable, its a dessert in a cup. I agree with ifjuly that it tastes like citrus zest. plus almonds,cream on a top. it is like a liquid macaron. this tea would be so helpful when i have sugar cravings just before going to bed. i dont believe it needs any sugar or cream. Its complete.
Thank you so much CharlotteZero for sharing with me!

Flavors: Lemon Zest

Holy cats. Another just-a-sample courtesy of Stacy that is just wonderful.

Delicate lemon, pastry notes, cream… wow. I don’t get any malt or almond, but that doesn’t matter. This is superb!

I am not a lemon in tea person so this is another that I didn’t expect to like and now regret not ordering more of!

185 °F / 85 °C 4 min, 0 sec 0 OZ / 0 ML
TeaBrat

this one sounds so yummy

Today is a great tea day, even though it started with none ‘til this afternoon due to hecticness—but when I finally got a chance to breathe a bit and check the mail, my Butiki and Red Leaf (sale Caramel along with Panettone and Pistachio and Peanut Butter Pie and Butternut Pie, oh my) orders were waiting for me! Jumping up and down (in shorts no less ’cause it’s finally shorts weather!), had forgotten how much I love when Stacy’s goodies arrive—you open the mailing box and a wonderful waft of sunny lemon sugar and fruit (I stocked up on fruit oolongs, yum) hits you. And she threw in a zillion free samples, because I was silly and rattled off possible options I’d be interested in—I’ve got to stop doing that because then she sends me ALL of them when I just meant, hey, any of these would be cool…!

Anyway, on top of all that, my best IRL tea buddy deliriumsfrogs finally joined Steepster!!!!! :DDDDDD She is awesome. Don’t take my word for it though! Her note on this tea is much better than this one: http://steepster.com/deliriumsfrogs/posts/235980

Well, I should actually talk about this tea, eh? Oops. As always with Butiki flavored teas, the smell is spot on to the point of being eerie. That specific ground-up-almonds-and-sugar scent, but not marzipan gooey, and fresh bakery lemon rind, not industrial lemon cleaner (of course not—this is Butiki). I like the way the body of the white tea lends the sense of a compact macaron shell and its filling, how it’s both luscious and airy somehow (people are always so meh about whites, but a good white is all about the body and scent to me more than one distinct flavor, which is maybe what throws people). It is perfect on this, the first “spring and any minute now early summer (remember, this is Memphis) is really here and nothing’s going to stop it now” afternoon (I was greeted with a dead bug in the foyer this morning, one that only comes out in summer—it sounds weird but it was as much an announcement as any warm weather flower).

Courtney

Ooh I’m curious about the Panettone. I don’t know what that is, hence why I didn’t pick it up myself. :P I look forward to your tasting note.

Cheri

sounds delicious. I shouldn’t can’t order anything more for a while, so I hope it’s still around when I can.

ifjuly

panettone is a holiday cake-bread-like-thing from italy, hard to describe, a little like challah or king cake or kuchen, that sort of yeasted cake-bread not too crumbly or sweet deal, studded with candied or liquor-stewed fruits like raisins, orange peel, etc. it makes an excellent morning snack with coffee or tea. i’ve had a panettone flavored coffee i really liked, so i hope i like this!

Stephanie

Panettone cake is delicious. Looking forward to the matcha reviews :)

pyarkaaloo

wow. you’ve convinced me to spring for the Lemon Macaron because it just sounds exquisite. the idea of a delicate lemon flavor on white tea is so inviting. was gonna order the Hello Sweetie once i found out Butiki is offering it for the first time (officially)…what luck!

ps- are all those flavors for Matcha?? the names sound familiar but i don’t think i ever stumbled across the Panettone! runs to website (have never even tasted Panettone, only seen it, but somehow the idea of it in matcha sounds exciting. i’m just a matchaholic lol!) Pistachio seems like the perfect flavor to pair with matcha. and peanutbutter pie! peanutbutter anything is magical. Red Leaf is the absolute best.

__Morgana__

Welcome to deliriumsfrog!

__Morgana__

Or deliriumsfrogs even.

ifjuly

pyarkaaloo, yes, it took me a while to realize the first time i looked at the site that there’s a master flavor list with a bunch not shown as individual matcha options on the matcha page. it’s here: https://www.redleaftea.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=41 so far, every one there i’ve asked for when i order hasn’t been a problem for them to send out…

i agree about pistachio and matcha seeming like they’d be great together! yum.

Stephanie, nice to know i’m not the only panettone fan! around christmas season i’m a fiend for it for breakfast.

and hey guys, i love you for being friendly to my pal. y’all so nice. (:

DeliriumsFrogs

panettone matcha!? man, you make me more interested in flavoured matcha every day.. haha
Thanks for the ‘welcome’ Morgana! You guys are awsome….. really awesome. (and I love ya’ MB)

DeliriumsFrogs

(and, what are you talking about! you manage to hit on all the little things a tea has that I can’t ever quite put my finger on… my notes could never compare to yours!!! :) )

My Butiki order arrived this morning (a day earlier than the tracking predicted!), and I tore into the box like a crazed woman; although I did show some restraint by using scissors to get through the packaging tape and not my teeth. It was so hard to choose which tea to try first, but this one has been on my mind since it won the custom flavour contest (and I HAD voted for it…). When I opened the pouch, the scent of the lemon hit me hard, but the cream (oh, the cream!) was backing it up…soft and round, urging me to get my kettle started. The dry tea is so beautiful, as Butiki’s always are, but this one looked extra special….pretty and delicate, but so visually interesting. The scent while it was steeping was insane—like lemon ice blended with a delicate custard, or something… When I removed the infuser basket, the liquor colour was arresting: light (really light!) golden with a slight pinkish hue that disappears as your eyes remain on your cup. I felt like I should’ve been wearing lace gloves while drinking it. :) Then the taste…. The lemon is not overpowering, which was somewhat surprising considering the aroma of the dry leaf. The balance given by the flavour of a baked good—sugary, buttery, cookie-like, is complex and marvelous. I get a ‘lemon cream wafer cookie’ thing going on, but not like the ones out of the bulk bin—I’m talking about ‘imported from a European country’ type wafer cookie…..where the zing of lemon is instantly calmed by the cream frosting and borderline savory crunchy wafer.

I sipped with my eyes closed, letting my memories fill in all the answers to ‘what does this taste like?’….. it was fantastic.
I’ve steeped 4 times now, and I’m still getting a great cup of tea…

ifjuly

aaaaaaaaah you know i love that you’re here. yayayayay!!!! :D

ifjuly

now that i’ve calmed down: i love your note! i agree, i like the way the lemon is definitely present but it’s not astringent or overpowering at all, a very creamy soft but pervasive feel, and yes, just like a fancy lemon wafer cookie!

i’m so happy i get to read your impressions of tea now whenever i want. wheeeee.

Welcome to Steepster! So nice to have more friends of friends on here :)

DeliriumsFrogs

Thanks for the welcome, Sil!! :)
I have the biggest smile on my face… I feel like I’ve walked into a giant, never ending tea party… it’s great!

And MB, I am so excited to have quick access to your tea notes… SO MUCH FUN TO READ! (and boy do I value your opinion…)

oh it’s a party alright hahaha

Dexter

Welcome to the tea party!!!!
The fact that you might have thought about using your teeth to attack the packing tape is a true sign of your tea enthusiasm. :))

Thanks, Dexter!
yeah, I couldn’t get that box opened fast enough… and with Butiki boxes, I tend to leave them opened on my table for a few days with Stacy’s packing slip sticking out slightly, so I can keep walking over to it like it’s a present….. it sure FEELS like a present. :)