Lemon French Macaron

White Tea
Butter, Cookie, Floral, Frosting, Lemon, Cake, Flowers, Almond, Lemon Zest, Meringue, Candy, Creamy, Pastries, Cream, Sweet, Champagne, Honey, Vanilla, Marzipan
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

This tea was created by the winner of our Custom Blend Contest. In October of 2013, we held a contest to send in ideas for a custom blend. A panel of judges chose the 10 best ideas and we created a poll on our site. The concept for this tea won the most votes, so we worked with the winner, Mary, to create her dream blend. This tea embodies the flavor of a lemon flavored French macaron and has rich cream and sweet cake notes. Almond notes can be found weaving their way through each sip of this decadent dessert tea but give way to mild French vanilla and malty notes. Lemon is the most prominent flavor and is mellow at first but then finishes tart. The zing of the lemon and creaminess linger long after each sip. We recommend sipping this tea at cooler temperatures. Adding sugar will mellow the lemon and transform the tea into a dessert treat.

Ingredients: White Indian Tea, Almond Slivers, Amaranth, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more info, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Tragic Sipdown (176/182)!

Noooooo!!!

Why does this have to be a sipdown!? I really need to put in that Butiki order sooner than later but I still have so many other teas left to try, and a couple more to sipdown. Dmn you work for preventing me from getting as much tea drinking in!

I’m sure my talking about it so much is maybe starting to get irritable?

The worst part: this cup was even better than the first. I didn’t even think that’d be possible! But nope: extra vanilla notes and extra cake notes. Damn it! I want this even more now!

Flavors: Cream, Lemon Zest, Vanilla

Courtney

I worry my talking about studying bothers people too. Eep. But I’m not irritated with your work stories.

Nxtdoor

Nah. People can skip along if they want.

TeaBrat

I enjoy hearing about what’s going on in other people’s lives :)

Roswell Strange

So do I (enjoy hearing about other people’s lives) – but I also know not everyone else is: that’s why I try to balance tasting notes between personal and very descriptive in relation to the tea.

Only fitting that my 1000th tasting note is such a delicious tea! (and yes, I did make a point of putting a tea that I love here).

Stuck it in my Timolino prior to going on a first date, walking around rainy Central Park. I brought him tea! Heh. Anyway, I had my first sip as I walked up on the date, and I actually stopped in my tracks. So good! Creamy, light, lemony, fluffy, very much like a sweet macaron. Have to admit, now that it’s cooled, I like the tea less. It was by far the best hot, and it’s been six hours since I made it with the lid off, so…

Definitely yummy though, just wish that these last few sips tasted as mind-blowingly great as the first few.

whatshesaid

Wow! congrats on the huge milestone!

whatshesaid

Ps did your date enjoy the tea? :)

Woot 1000!

MissB

He said prior to meeting he’s a fan of EGs and English Breakfast teas, so I pretended it was a one-way swap and brought him samples to try on his own. He was surprised. ;) Sadly, I think we’re a better match for others, however it was still an enjoyable time. He shared the best Johnny Depp story ever!

Suziqzer

Yeah 1000!! Hope your date went well!

Aw cute :)

Johnny Depp story! Cool!

congrats on 1000!

Dustin

Soooooo???? What was the JD story?

Roswell Strange

Congrats on 1000!!!

MissB

Thanks everyone! :)

JD story: there were a lot of personal details in it that kind of make the story, but in a nutshell… said date worked with JD many years ago in one of his first projects, and they stayed in touch. JD was visiting another actor they both knew prior to Hallowe’en, and my date suggested he crash a party as Captain Jack Sparrow, because the person throwing the party was dressing up as such. I guess Monsieur Depp loved this idea, did it, used the accent and everything, and blew the guests away. Supposedly there are pictures, of which I am eager to see. :)

Dustin

That is awesome! I love hearing about famous people not taking themselves too seriously and having fun. It makes them more rounded and real instead of just the glamour hollywood facade. Like when Bill Murray crashes parties and bar tends!

Woohooo, Grats on 1000 notes! Sounds like the date was a little fun at the least :)

Ubacat

Congrats on the 1000 tasting note! Loved the Johnny Depp story

Awesome story!!

Terri HarpLady

yeah, you gotta out at least a couple more times, so you can view the pics! LOL

Jennkay

Congrats on 1000! The tasting note & comments were fun to read :)

I’ve drunk this a couple of times and wasn’t that impressed, and then I had a cup today and was blown away, I think the icing helped! And of course, as murphy’s law goes, I’ve decided I don’t really want to live without this tea in my cupboard at pretty much the exact time my latest Butiki order arrived.. Guess that means I need to taste through my new teas (Hello Birthday Cake, Blackberry Lime Gayusa, Crimson Horizon, White Rhino and Black Lotus!) before I can make another order!!! Anyways, this is a really tasty lemon, almond, pastry tea, it tastes like the lemony part of a lemon meringue pie and is super tasty iced… yum, yum, yum!!

OMG, this tea. O.M.G.

I actually didn’t snack on anything tonight because I drank two cups of this and it satisfied my sweet tooth and made me super happy. It’s like a lemony pastry thing, with butter meltling in my mouth…

Thank you 221B for this and the giant bag of samples that was packed along with it.

(i wonder if i can resteep it a third time?)

Plunkybug

I cannot wait til I get my hands on some.

KittyLovesTea

Same here, this is now on my wishlist.

Marzipan

This one haunts me, I keep thinking about it after the cup is gone.

Ubacat

It’s on my wishlist too!

whatshesaid

I must have underleafed it because my cup really lacked in flavor :/

so excited! 10 more days and it will be here for meee to try!

Marzipan

I think I did 2t to 11 oz.

Cavocorax

Sil – 10 more days? :O Excellent I’m hooked and need MOAR!

Cavocorax

Also I hope the rest of you get yours hands on it soon!

cavo…give or take. it’s been shipped haha

Cavocorax

Woohoo! I can’t wait to get that and all that Hello Sweetie!

221tea

Glad you liked it! It’s a favorite of mine!

Oh man, this smells amazing. It has a sharper lemon scent than I’d imagined it would, though; more like a lemon candy than a lemon tart, if that makes sense. Inhale a bit deeper and you do get a whiff of vanilla, and that gave me hope. Because I’ll be honest and say that I don’t actually like lemons, or most lemon-flavoured things. I don’t even like white tea all that much. But I trust stacey’s blending abilities so completely that I knew I needed to try this.

First let me say that measuring out leaves that are this long and fluffy is nearly impossible. I nearly filled my infuser basket to the top in an effort to ensure I wasn’t underleafing, and then ended up spilling a few leaves into the cup. I finally settled on an amount that seemed like two teaspoons, and set to work.

The resultant brew (with a bit of sugar added) is quite pleasant. Definitely a detectable lemon flavour, and it isn’t even remotely tart, which is perfectly fine by me. Once the tea cooled some, I could pick up on some underlying vanilla/pastry notes, but I have to say that this didn’t strike me as a very complex tea. Certainly tasty, with a light and uncomplicated lemon flavour, with a hint of vanilla/cakiness to tie it all together. I’m dying to add a spot of cream to my next attempt to see if I can’t coax out more of the cream notes. I can’t help it! haha.

Courtney

I agree about the measurements. I would put it on my scale, but I’ve no idea which weight would be best.

keychange

Yeah. Definitely a lot of guess work on my part haha.

whatshesaid

I agree it was tough to measure! Flavour wise I also got light and uncomplicated :)

Another samples that came in my Butiki order.

While this one was very strongly lemon scented, it was much more subtle once steeped. Deliciously like a fluffy piece of lemon cake. I don’t make a habit of stocking lemon teas, as they are not my favorites, but I would definitely ordering this one in the future.

T&C TTB Tea # 8 – Backlog May 24

(3 min @ 82 degrees)

This was my second time trying this tea. I am quite sure I underleafed my first time around so I wanted to give it another chance to shine.

It’s light, with a crisp lemon taste that is not too tart. No bitterness.
There is a slight creamy note, some vanilla. I didn’t really get any baked goods out of it though, adding sugar would probably help. The creamy note that does exist serves to lighten up the lemonyness a bit.

While very nice, i don’t think this is quite the tea I am looking for. Maybe I’m just finding the white tea is too light. Definitely tasty, but I’m not sure I would buy it. I do have one more cup left to try though!

Ultimately it is another example of a tasty Butiki tea, but I think I was just hoping for a bit more of a punch in the face. Haha. Yeah.

Got my Butiki order in today! Aaaahhhhh! This one was included as a sample! I was really, really tempted to buy a 1/2 oz of it with the rest of my order BUT, knowing how finicky I can be about white teas, I held off. It was sitting prettily right at the top of the box. When I picked it up I smelled lemon candy and faint sweetness. Brewed up, it smells very similar to the way the dry leaf smells. I definitely agree with other posters—the flavors meld much better at cooler temperatures. The citrus backs off and becomes more soft. It was more tart when hot, but as it cooled I was able to discern more creaminess and pastry-like flavor. Like a very lightly sweetened cookie. Or, like a macaroon. (: I enjoyed my cup tremendously but I don’t think I’ll be getting any more for myself. It has nothing to do with the quality of the blend and everything to do with my dislike of white tea. A little too light for my taste.

Bravo Stacy!

EDIT: Now I find myself craving this tea. Guess it’s going on my next order after all. :P

I picked up an oz of this in my Butiki orer, & it’s tasty! I’m never had a Macaron, but this tastes like a light pastry with lemon & vanilla creaminess. Works for me!

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!

I like this one a lot.

Neener neener neener

i justcleaned up my cupboard and found homes for all the recently purchased teas….. i REALLY shouldn’t buy anymore until i get a few more down…i have no more room since i’m trying to stay out of the kitchen lol

Terri HarpLady

Just don’t send any of them MY way!

Marzipan

I’m getting some Tuesday! Stephanie didn’t like it so she is giving hers to me.

VariaTEA

How does this one compare to L’Hiver?

Terri HarpLady

hmmm…I think I still have a little of L’Hiver left, so I’ll try to compare them.

VariaTEA

Awesome.

My Butiki order came yesterday! So excited. I was most excited about this one. I loooooooove creamy lemon teas and loved the idea of a macaron tea! Even though I had one of my own tea blend ideas in the top ten for Stacy’s contest, I was secretly hoping this one would win! And this definitely smelled the best out of the bunch, so I picked this one out to try first last night.

This called for 2 tsp per 8 oz cup of water. I was having a 12 oz cup of tea and I found that the 2 tsp of tea I added to my steeper took what seemed like half the tea that was in the bag! This bag definitely won’t last long, but it was soooo good. Such butter-creamy lemon goodness. The flavour was a tad weak, but that’s because I didn’t add as much tea as the parameters suggested. I’m gonna make it a little stronger next time just to get some more of that awesome flavour!