Taiwanese Bi Luo Chun

Butternut Squash, Creamy, Spinach, Sweet, Vegetal
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “*Lewis & Clarke TTB* I'm really happy that the Butiki teas in this box are all unflavored ones that I haven't tried. Awesome! These leaves are not curled into snails like I would expect, they're...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 477 tasting notes
  • “*L&CTTB* Green. Very green. Sweet. Rich. Delicious. Green. This is a really good tea. I don't know how I never had this one from Stacy. It's been added to my wishlist. I love a good green...” Read full tasting note
    cheri0627 407 tasting notes
  • “A sipdown sample from Ms. Stacy that I drank earlier today. The color of the dry leaf is in beautiful shades of green, very luminescent, & although it isn't rolled tightly into the 'spring snail'...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2952 tasting notes
  • “Got this as a sample in my last order. Not bad, not especially memorable. It's definitely a more vegetal green, lots of spinachy green notes without being roasty or buttery to me. Maybe a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    owenjmayer 92 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Taiwanese Bi Luo Chun originates from the Sansia “Three Gorges” region of Taiwan. Our Bi Luo Chun utilizes the Ching Xin varietal, is AAA graded, and contains one bud and two leaves from tender shoots. This tea was hand plucked from tea trees and is withered and roasted. Bi Luo Chun translates to “Green Snail Spring”. Green refers to the color of the tea, while snail refers to the shape of the tea leaves and spring is when this tea is harvested. Green bean, artichoke, Brazil nut, jasmine, butter, and juicy peach notes can be found in this sweet, fresh, and refreshing tea.

Ingredients: Taiwan Green Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 level teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Lewis & Clarke TTB

I’m really happy that the Butiki teas in this box are all unflavored ones that I haven’t tried. Awesome! These leaves are not curled into snails like I would expect, they’re loosely twisted. They’re very dark green in color, with some silvery bits. Their scent is quite mild, but a combination of vegetal and hay notes.

The brewed aroma is very spinachy and reminds me of a strong sencha or gyokuro. This is a very mild tea, and the flavors are lovely. It’s mostly vegetal, a combination of steamed spinach and butternut squash. Quite sweet and creamy and lovely! I find it quite similar to Laoshan Green, which I also like. Thanks to Stacy for providing this tea, I like it a lot. :)

Flavors: Butternut Squash, Creamy, Spinach, Sweet, Vegetal

L&CTTB

Green. Very green.

Sweet.
Rich.
Delicious.
Green.

This is a really good tea. I don’t know how I never had this one from Stacy. It’s been added to my wishlist.

I love a good green tea, and this is one I love. I’m so glad it’s in the box to try.

I made myself a big mug of this, and it’s really helping me relax after a horrible week.

Now I’m going to curl up with a book and go to sleep. Well, once the laundry finishes washing so I can put it in the dryer. I need something to wear tomorrow.

A sipdown sample from Ms. Stacy that I drank earlier today. The color of the dry leaf is in beautiful shades of green, very luminescent, & although it isn’t rolled tightly into the ‘spring snail’ shape that most bi luos feature, the flavor is very nice, with a rich savory green taste, somewhere between spinach & asparagus, & a lingering thick mouth, a feature that I tend to love.

Got this as a sample in my last order. Not bad, not especially memorable. It’s definitely a more vegetal green, lots of spinachy green notes without being roasty or buttery to me. Maybe a bit of a grassy taste too.

I’m more of a nutty, Dragonwell drinker so this isn’t a keeper for me, but it was nice to sip on this morning.

175 °F / 79 °C 1 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML