Baked Ali Shan

Oolong Tea
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “Well, I was intending to have any more tea tonight, but then my mom -demanded- requested some, so of course I was willing to oblige. I brought out this green oolong from my Butiki order because it...” Read full tasting note
    jennkay19 526 tasting notes
  • “Stacy sent along a sample of this one for me to try :) this is an oolong, which is not usually my faouvite, so bear that in mind. This particular oolong is halfway between a green oolong and what...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5357 tasting notes
  • “This is a lovely sample that *Stacy* included in my most recent Butiki order. I sipped it whilst doing deskwork early today, but didn't really take notes, so my review of it will be lame. It was a...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3071 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Our Baked Ali Shan originates from the Meng family farm on the Alishan mountain in the Jiayi county of Taiwan. This AAA graded oolong is lightly oxidized (approximately 15%- 20%) and lightly roasted. Our Baked Ali Shan is complex and has light roasted macadamia nut, wild orchid, and cream notes. Steamed vegetable and grass notes are also present. Gentle evergreen and pear notes can also be detected as well as a silky mouthfeel.

Ingredients: Taiwan Oolong Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Well, I was intending to have any more tea tonight, but then my mom demanded requested some, so of course I was willing to oblige. I brought out this green oolong from my Butiki order because it has been a while since I have had a greener oolong. I was absolutely in love with them for a while, but then something about my tastebuds suddenly changed and there was this new flavor in there that I didn’t enjoy so much.

Anyway, on to this oolong. As it was steeping, the leaves were unfurling so beautifully. They were seriously perhaps the most whole leaves I’ve seen for an oolong after they unfurled. The tea was sweet and smooth with a bit of vegetal notes as well. I still taste that weird dampness that I can taste in other green oolongs with my messed up tastebuds, but it wasn’t too strong in this cup. There didn’t seem to be anything earth shatteringly different about this green oolong, but I do appreciate it and loved just watching those full leaves unfurl in my clear teapot (aka one of the best teaware purchases I’ve ever made).

Stacy sent along a sample of this one for me to try :)

this is an oolong, which is not usually my faouvite, so bear that in mind. This particular oolong is halfway between a green oolong and what i call a roasty oolong. :) there’s a efeling of “green” to this one but it’s not over powering, while on the other hand there is also a more bread/nut like taste? it’s also got a bit of a juicy feel to it, though not like say a dragonwell :) Ont the whole, this was quite nice, though i’d rather see it in a blend than drink it all by itself :) Worth checking out for those of you that like oolongs!

This is a lovely sample that Stacy included in my most recent Butiki order. I sipped it whilst doing deskwork early today, but didn’t really take notes, so my review of it will be lame. It was a gentle cup, & all I recall is bready qualities, & an apricot aftertaste. I plan to resteep in a bit, maybe I’ll have something to add afterwards. Sample sipdown.