Blackberry Lime Guayusa

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 12 oz / 355 ml

Available from 1 seller.

• “I requested this as a sample with one of my most recent Butiki orders. To be fair, I probably should have gone with a whole bag (because I knew I'd probably love it). Maybe I was hoping to give...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1007 tasting notes
  • “I've been curious about this tea for awhile now. I asked for some in a recent swap with *Stephanie* and she sent it nicely wrapped in aluminum foil to hold in the scent. Thanks, *Stephanie*! It...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 552 tasting notes
  • “Yum! This is my new favorite any day guayusa. It was Tangerine Creamsicle. I love the sweet blackberry with the lime. I don't know why but I always ice guayusa and that is what I did with this one....” Read full tasting note
    NayLynn 219 tasting notes
  • “Surprise favourite here! I bought this simply out of curiosity, not because I anticipated liking it. Apparently, though, blackberry is a perfect pairing with guayusa! I'm not overly fond of...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2276 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Product description not available yet.

About Butiki Teas View company

I requested this as a sample with one of my most recent Butiki orders. To be fair, I probably should have gone with a whole bag (because I knew I’d probably love it). Maybe I was hoping to give myself an excuse to place another Butiki order? Hmm. I wonder whether that was it. Anyway, I rather like guayusa, particularly for work mornings as the high caffeine helps to get me started. I generally need all the help I can get waking up!

I almost followed the recommended parameters for this one — I used boiling water, but only left it 5 minutes rather than 6. I pretty much always under do my guayusas on time, because I don’t like the earthy base to come through too much and either cause astringency or overpower the flavouring. 5 minutes is fine for this one to my tastes.

I can definitely taste blackberry – it’s very juicy and fruity, and wonderfully sweet; not at all tart or sour as actual blackberries sometimes can be. I can also taste the guayusa peeking out a little bit — it’s earthy and a little “green” tasting (but in a good way, like wet forest, rather than composty). I don’t mind being able to taste it a little, as it actually works well as a counterpoint to the sweet blackberry. I can’t really detect any lime, which is a shame, but the blackberry is such a great, clear flavour that I don’t really mind.

I’m a fan of Butiki’s guayusa blends. My favourites so far have been The Killer’s Vanilla and Good Morning Sunshine. It’s hard to say where this one sits on the scale — about equal with the other two, I think. Perhaps it’s time for a repurchase?!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I’ve been curious about this tea for awhile now. I asked for some in a recent swap with Stephanie and she sent it nicely wrapped in aluminum foil to hold in the scent. Thanks, Stephanie!

It smelled like the kind of flavor that would be delicious iced, so that’s what I did and it tastes delicious! So refreshing! I get a lot of blackberry, maybe a hint of lime, and the base tastes a lot like a black tea to me, but lighter in flavor. I didn’t add any sugar. This could definitely be a favorite iced tea, but I bet it would also be good hot with a scone. Yum!

Cavocorax

I love this one! :O

Cheri

Me too! I’ve never iced it, but I have cold brewed it.

Stephanie

Glad you enjoyed it. I really like this one iced, for sure :)

Yum! This is my new favorite any day guayusa. It was Tangerine Creamsicle. I love the sweet blackberry with the lime. I don’t know why but I always ice guayusa and that is what I did with this one. Maybe in the winter I will try one hot but I don’t think it will be this one.

Surprise favourite here! I bought this simply out of curiosity, not because I anticipated liking it. Apparently, though, blackberry is a perfect pairing with guayusa! I’m not overly fond of guayusa, but it worked so well here that I’ve actually found myself wanting to drink this tea again (tea cravings for guayusa?!) The juicy blackberry flavour just worked so well with the earthy flavours for whatever reason.

To be fair, part of the reason I picked this tea up was because I was interested to see how Butiki did lime, but unfortunately I really can’t taste any lime here. Which, flavourwise for this tea, is ok, but a bit disappointing because it is an ingredient. Again, however, I drank this in a travel mug and will have to try it again to see if it was just hidden by whatever atrocities travel mugs do to teas.

3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I, uhh, bought this for my BFF but since I hadn’t tried it before I thought I’d give it a go.

OMG, the blackberry and lime is INCREDIBLE. The smell is great, and the flavour is mostly great.

Too bad it’s not honeybush. I really don’t like the flavour of guayusa.

Flavors: Blackberry, Green, Hay, Lime

mmeeee tooooo

TeaBrat

The sales guy at David’s tea was trying to talk me into a guayusa the other day, I just don’t care for the flavor either…

OMGsrsly

It’s not just the flavour, it leaves me feeling weird and jittery. I don’t think I’ll be having it again.

Cup of the morning. Generous sample from Stephanie – thank you so much.
This is my first guayusa tea. The smell is incredible. It’s like blackberries and citrus. Stacy is famous with her flavorings. I do like it on a hot and humid morning when you don’t want anything heavy but need some boost. I added tiny bit of maple syrup and it made it shine. I wouldn’t mind a little more of lime. Prepared according to Butiki parameters.

How did I miss this? Glad you enjoyed

boychik

The amazing part is its not only smell great. It tastes like blackberries and lime. And I’m picky about flav teas. Excellent, thanks for sharing with me( and the idea is great;)

One of my Butiki samples! I probably would have bought this one anyway before trying… it just seems like my kind of thing. I’d definitely go to Butiki for all my guayusa blends!

Steep #1 // 25 min after boiling // 3 min
I don’t like to use such a hot temp for the first steep of guayusa or yerba mate, so I’m not really following Butiki’s instructions on this one. I think oversteeping might be why most people don’t give those two bases a second chance. The first steep is really for the flavors, the second is the caffeine kick (and the flavors!) I wish the lime and the blackberry was stronger in this blend, but what flavor is there is good. Sweet dark blackberry with a tangy kick of lime.

Steep #2 // 10 min after boiling // 3-4 min
The flavor of the guayusa makes itself much more present,and I love that flavor. The blackberry and lime are still there. This blend is pretty unique and I’d certainly pick some up with my future order!

Cheri

I really like this one. It’s one of my favorites.

Oh, this is SO good! It’s exactly what it says it is – blackberry and lime flavours against a slightly woody guayusa background. I really am loving this. I took the next two weeks off work so I could visit family and relax with J a little before he gets a job, and this guayasa is just what I needed to power me through cleaning the living room!

Because vacuuming is fine but then you see things you need to dust, and move stuff around and before you know it you’ve started to move furniture and are trying to visualize things and UGH. Gimme some power-up tea! :D

I may end up buying a buttload of this! I usually prefer straight black teas in the morning but this is a nice jolt!

oddree

Vacay, hooray!!! A pot of tea always helps with cleaning, yes. The rooms almost clean themselves…

TheTeaFairy

Have a great vacation :-)

CrowKettle

Onto the list this one goes; this sounds like a great guayusa blend. I hope you have an awesome vacation! :)

Cavocorax

Thanks guys! I’m almost done all the house-cleaning so things are looking far more relaxed. We might hit a Blue Jays came next week, and on tuesday I’ve got a friend coming so we can go to the Toronto live show for Night Vale! :O :O :O And with J’s dad down we’ll probably go to petting zoos etc so he can spend more time with his granddaughter! I’m sure it’ll be great, even though gasp it will likely cut down on how much tea I drink.

Amariel

I’ll share, CrowKettle.

Courtney

I can’t wait to place my Butiki order for more of this. One cup from Stephanie and I was hooked. It’s so delightful!

My first experience with Guayusa – thanks Stephanie – A real nice change of pace from Camellia Sinensis. A nice soft sweetness followed by a faint hint of tartness. A very nice, very interesting blend. Worth a cupboard spot in my book.

Going to have to try this one cold brewed for a hot summer day such as today.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Stephanie

My pleasure! I’ve never tried cold brewing this one. Normally I hot brew it double strong and then dump it over ice. I also thought I’d mention that this one re-steeps quite well :)

inranger

I took this one to work with me and got multiple steeps out of it! :)

Cheri was lovely enough to send me a bit of this to try.

The dry leaf smelled wonderful! fruity and delicious. The steeped tea is a little more vegetal than I like my teas, so I don’t see myself buying this one any time soon, but it was a very nice cup.