Blackberry Lime Guayusa

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 12 oz / 355 ml

Available from 1 seller.

• “Yum! This is my new favorite any day guayusa. It was Tangerine Creamsicle. I love the sweet blackberry with the lime. I don't know why but I always ice guayusa and that is what I did with this one....” Read full tasting note
    NayLynn 187 tasting notes
  • “Surprise favourite here! I bought this simply out of curiosity, not because I anticipated liking it. Apparently, though, blackberry is a perfect pairing with guayusa! I'm not overly fond of...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “I, uhh, bought this for my BFF but since I hadn't tried it before I thought I'd give it a go. OMG, the blackberry and lime is INCREDIBLE. The smell is great, and the flavour is mostly great. Too...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1430 tasting notes
  • “Cup of the morning. Generous sample from *Stephanie* - thank you so much. This is my first guayusa tea. The smell is incredible. It's like blackberries and citrus. Stacy is famous with her...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 337 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Product description not available yet.

About Butiki Teas View company

Ermagerd this is good! I guess I’m a big fan of guayusa, or at least Butiki’s guayusa, because I LOVE killer’s vanilla and I love this one almost as much. When I sip, I get the guayusa flavor followed by some blackberry sweetness and finishing with a little kick of tartness from the lime. SO GOOD. It makes my tongue feel a little tingly which I can only assume is my taste buds doing happy dances. My only regret is that I only ordered a sample of this and now I’ll have to wait til my next Butiki order to have this again! Gah!!

Stacy, you must be a wizard to make such wonderful teas. Thanks for sharing with us muggles.

Cheri

I only ordered an ounce of this and I’m almost out. I’m already planning (plotting) my next Butiki order because I need this one. It’s become my go to morning tea. (I think I’ll add some Killer’s Vanilla because it sounds like it would also be a great morning tea.)

mj

It is a great morning tea! In fact it’s my favorite morning tea. I highly recommend it :-)

Cheri

It’s been added to my wish list, which I will be sure to consult before I place my next Butiki order.

mj

Cheri, have you cold brewed this? It seems like it would be quite good cold brewed, but I’ve never had a cold brewed guayusa so I wasn’t sure how that base would do.

Cheri

I haven’t yet. This would definitely be nice as an iced tea. We should ask Stacy and see what she has to say. I’ll send her an email. :)

Cheri

Email sent. I’ll let you know what I hear back.

Thanks!

Cheri

Stacy is QUICK! “Unfortunately, I have not cold brewed this guayusa. I tend to only cold brew green and black teas. I do ice quite a bit more tea but I usually make them hot first then add ice. I have heard from customers that do cold brew guayusas that the guayusa flavor is a little more gentle. I would bet that the Blackberry Lime Guayusa would cold brew very nicely. If either of you give it a try, be sure to let me know how it turns out.”

Cheri

So…I’ve got some cold brewing in the fridge. I did’t have enough for my carry mug this morning, and I decided that it was time to try it cold brewed. I’ll let you know.

mj

Let me know how it goes! I cold brewed some killer’s vanilla and quite liked it

I picked this one up, knowing that I probably wouldn’t like it, but i always try things anyway. As it turns out, i was right… i am not a fan of Guaysa….it just seems to overpower any sort of flavouring that is added to it and turn every cup of tea into something i don’t like. So it’s not that this is a bad tea…it smells delicious, and i do get both lime and blackberry out of the dry aroma…but steeped..it’s just guayusa to me. at least that means i can give cavo a little more of our shared order and send some off to Roswell Strange to try out!

VariaTEA

Blackberry lime sounded good but I also had reservations about the guayusa. Glad to see I probably made the right choice by passing on this blend.

yeah no more Guayusa for me… i didn’t mind it in the cider one stacy had..but soon the flavour overwhelmed and i became less enthused. Now they all taste the same to me…

VariaTEA

I didn’t mind it so much in the cider either but even that I passed along because I just preferred others.

Amariel

It does sound interesting though.

Stephanie

Glad you tried it though :) I really like it but Guayusa flavor appeals to me!

i’ll try nearly everything once haha

Roswell Strange

I’m excited to try it! :) I need more early morning work teas :P

My first ever guayusa, and what a one to start with! To me guayusa tastes a little like tulsi? I haven’t had straight guayusa though so I don’t know how much influence the flavours have on the final taste. I’ve got five more flavoured guayusas from Butiki to sample yet so I’m sure I’ll find out!

Also, made the mistake of having this at bedtime. Oops. Did not realise it was so full of caffeine. Thought it was a herbal, whoops!

Very tasty on both a first and second steep. I look forward to comparing this to the others.

Courtney

Ooh, I’m so excited to try this one. For me, straight guayusa tastes like a rainforest.

I didn’t have enough left yesterday morning to make it in my carry mug. :( So I decided to throw it in my smaller thermos travel mug with cold water and put it in the fridge. I didn’t want to oversteep this one on the first try, so I pulled the leaves out after about 11 hours and put it back in the fridge overnight.

Wowzers.

I love it. I didn’t sweeten it, but I will try that next time, once my order gets here. I also will probably just let this go for longer, too. It’s really nice, though, and I’m really glad I did it. Definitely a winner!!

lolainred

Definitely going to get some of this when I place my next Butiki order!

Cheri

It’s definitely a nice tea for in the morning. Stephanie had a great idea and Butiki Teas executed it really well.

mj

I’m totally ordering this too! I’m so happy it was also good as a cold brew :-)

I’m new to guayusa and this is definitely a tasty introduction and a nice change from my morning cup of coffee without the caffeine sacrifice. I can predominately taste the lime in this brew but there is definitely a hint of blackberry which amps up the flavor. A winner in my book!

Stephanie you are a genius! I’ve never had a guayusa before and this was a great introduction. I wanted something refreshing and comforting and this fits the bill. I’ve been coveting this since I saw it on Stacy’s site and read your review.

It’s well balanced and the lime complements the blackberry without being to tart but it’s still there. I’m not sure what guayusa by itself tastes like but it serves as a nice base for this blend. I’m sure as I sample more blends guayusa I’ll be able to understand how the separate flavors fit together better but I’m very pleased with this tea.

One question to anyone who reads this. Can guayusa be resteeped?

TheTeaFairy

It resteeps very well, pretty much like maté, don’t be afraid to let it steep a long time :-)

Butiki’s guayusa blends are unmatched, IMO! This one sounds delicious.

Frolic

Thats great to hear. How much to you usually increase second(third) steepings by?

Definitely try this one. It’s truly amazing.

TheTeaFairy

Unless I do short infusions with straight teas, I rarely resteep, but guayusa takes it well. I do 6 min. first, and second a good 10 minutes. But I’m a heavy steeper, lol. Don’t remember what Stacy recommends for Guayusa.

Stephanie

I’m so glad people are liking this :D

In case you didn’t see my note in the “what did you get in the mail today thread” this tea was the BEST surprise! Stacy liked my idea from the custom blend contest so much that she made it even though it didn’t win! I got an ounce of it in the mail yesterday and I had no idea it was coming t wait to hear what everyone else things about it! :D

Thanks again, Stacy!

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

haha glad you liked it :)

Cavocorax

Sounds tasty!

Roswell Strange

On my shopping list… I have to finish off some Butiki teas before I can justify getting more, but I’m excited by all the new ones!

Suziqzer

Awesome that Stacy did that! My Hubby would probably love the blend, he likes berry teas and line in his cokes.. So I’m thinking he would go for this one.

Stephanie

I’ve been drinking it a LOT and giving samples to friends, so I already need to order more :D

Cheri

I really like this. Thanks so much for giving Stacy the idea!