Red Queen Cupcake

Dark Chocolate, Strawberry, Coffee, Espresso, Floral, Cake, Chocolate, Vanilla, Straw, Flowers, Malt, Candy
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 10 oz / 284 ml

• “Strawberry is the dominant flavor here. You can see the chocolate chips in the blend but in flavor they are on the back burner. there is a slight espresso note too. It is good. I believe this is...” Read full tasting note
    AllanK 442 tasting notes
  • “Scent of the dry leaf is quite intriguing: mostly strawberry, with chocolaty espresso and maybe even a hint of butteriness. After brewing, I recall the strawberry was still present, but it was...” Read full tasting note
    adagio breeze 107 tasting notes
  • “Another from my order! I originally overlooked this one since I thought the base tea plain tasted like tomato soup to me. Retrying it, it wasn't! Odd. So then I ended up buying this one. It's...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1566 tasting notes
  • “today i tried this tea . it was on my wishlist and *Stephanie* was so kind to send me in Christmas care package. it was delicious. it does have espresso notes ( i love espresso). Strawberries...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 421 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

The Red Queen Cupcake was inspired by one of Chef Chloe’s (winner of Cupcake Wars) cupcakes, which has a chocolate and espresso cake with vanilla frosting and fresh strawberries. The Red Queen Cupcake utilizes our Dinjoye Estate Assam black tea and highlights strawberry, chocolate, and espresso flavors. The espresso adds depth to chocolate flavor, while the strawberry adds sweetness and freshness. Mild vanilla, cream, and cake notes can be also detected. We highly recommend adding brown crystal sugar, which will produce a very decadent treat and will intensify the flavors and develop the vanilla.

Ingredients: Dinjoye Estate Assam, Chocolate Chips (vegan), Freeze-Dried Strawberries, Safflower, Amaranth, Organic Natural Flavorings (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 level teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 190 F – 212 F (boiling)

For more info, please visit butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Strawberry is the dominant flavor here. You can see the chocolate chips in the blend but in flavor they are on the back burner. there is a slight espresso note too. It is good. I believe this is another one they are out of.

Brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 3 min.

Flavors: Strawberry

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

Scent of the dry leaf is quite intriguing: mostly strawberry, with chocolaty espresso and maybe even a hint of butteriness. After brewing, I recall the strawberry was still present, but it was accompanied by an unexpected floral note and a rather strong bitterness. So I added a squeeze of agave, like I normally do with flavored blends. Still bitter. I may have wound up using twice as much as I normally do. The bitterness is minimized, but unfortunately so too is the strawberry flavor – it ended up tasting pretty much like a sweetened Assam with strong coffee flavoring that made me feel a bit woozy. I’m not entirely sure what happened, as I followed the steeping parameters on the bag pretty closely. Maybe next time I’ll drop the steep time to 2:30.

Flavors: Coffee, Espresso, Floral, Strawberry

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Butiki Teas

Oh no, sorry to hear that. This one isn’t supposed to have any bitterness. Hope your next cup is better.

Please keep things friendly and .

Another from my order! I originally overlooked this one since I thought the base tea plain tasted like tomato soup to me. Retrying it, it wasn’t! Odd. So then I ended up buying this one. It’s similar to Ruby Pie, but I could always go for a blend slightly different than Ruby Pie! The chocolate chips from Butiki never seem to impart much chocolate flavor to me, for whatever reason. But there are plenty of strawberries and strawberry flavor. The black tea is lighter but it’s perfect with this blend anyway. Very sweet and actually does taste like a cupcake. The pink flowers are perfect with it too! The second steep is just as flavorful as the first. I really don’t think this amount of tea will make 16 cups though. There isn’t 16 teaspoons.
Steep #1 // 1 tsp // 5 min after boiling // 3 min steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 min

Please keep things friendly and .

today i tried this tea . it was on my wishlist and Stephanie was so kind to send me in Christmas care package.
it was delicious. it does have espresso notes ( i love espresso). Strawberries and chocolate are great addition. the tea is so pretty to look at. smells and tastes heavenly.

Thank you so much my #teafiend for making my dreadful afternoon so yummy and cheerful. i need to make that last order w/Butiki.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
boychik

this is hilarious ;)

Stephanie

So glad you enjoyed

OMGsrsly

Making Fiends is amazing. :)

Please keep things friendly and .

Oooo! This is neat! I get high notes from the strawberry and base notes from coffee and chocolate merging. Adding sugar brings out the sweet and tart of the berry for me. Adding cream changes it into a cup of delicious! They berry is more muted and the chocolate more prominent. Aaaaand my cup is empty. Now for the big decision… do I buy more of this while it is still available?!

Ost

Yes! The answer is yes!

Dustin

Is this one of your favorites? :)

Please keep things friendly and .

Oooo I like this a lot more than I thought I would! I would prefer a touch more strawberry, but I’m really enjoying the chocolate/coffee thing that’s going on here. This feels like it would be particularly good on a cold morning because of the roasty espresso flavor. Yum!

Flavors: Chocolate, Espresso

Please keep things friendly and .

Stacy was so kind to surprise me with a prototype of this back before this was released and I instantly fell in love with its creamy delectable scent and taste. I’m so glad I picked some up.

Aww, my mom just took a sip of hers and said, “Yum.” There you have it.

But yeah, it’s like a strawberry cream-filled chocolate. Don’t get the mocha aspect as much but strawberry cream-filled chocolate notes shine through. I oversteeped this and it didn’t turn bitter. I might have even overleafed too since I’m drinking this in my new R2-D2 mug (OMG, my new Star Wars mugs are THE BEST) which is bigger than the average mug so I just dumped a bunch of leaf into a filter. The tea is a lot more forgiving than I would have expected.

In other news, I tried making a Dammann Frères order the other day but my bank is refusing to complete the transaction? I have more than enough money on my CC, plus I recently used it to make a Sephora order and it worked no problem too. Maybe my bank doesn’t trust Dammann and is refusing payment? Maybe the securecode thing is glitchy? Ugh. But I want that advent calendar! Off to the bank tomorrow to see what’s up but I can guarantee they’ll pass me off to someone else who will pass me off to someone else who will tell me to call and make me spend $20+ on my pay as you go phone.

aisling of tea

Yay for the Star Wars mugs!!

Cameron B.

I want Star Wars mugs! :)

Kittenna

Ooooh, that advent calendar looks fun.

Cameron B.

I just bought my DF calendar tonight, hooray! :D

Fjellrev

Thanks to aisling for introducing me to the Star Wars awesomeness!

Awesome that you were able to pick one up, Cameron! My bank still refuses to comply. :(

Please keep things friendly and .

I got my Butiki order earlier this week and have been having a lovely time trying all these lovely teas out. Also, kicking myself for not ordering Butiki sooner and wondering what can compare when the shop closes…..

The smell of this one to me is espresso – I had added a little rock sugar and cream. The taste tho, is such a delicious strawberry. I taste the chocolate, the espresso, but the sweet natural tasting strawberry is the star. As my cup cools, ( and I guess I have a little more sugar in the bottom of the cup), this does taste like a delicious cake, with dark chocolate ganache and succulent strawberries….

I was hoping to work my way through my Butiki box and try more tea….but I want another cuppa this delicious one.

Flavors: Cake, Dark Chocolate, Espresso, Strawberry

Please keep things friendly and .

Another in my huge backlog to tasting notes.
Thanks Inkling! What an enjoyable tea. I love the dessert teas and this really fits that description. Love the dark chocolate and strawberry with a nice black base. I’ve had a lot of dessert teas with rooibos lately and I’m getting a bit tired of them. This is another good substitute for sweets and guess what…. I’ve finally made my weight loss goal!!

I’ve lost 40 lbs, and am now in the Weight Watchers Lifetime program which will help in keeping off the weight. I’m walking 4.5 miles a day and doing strength training 30 min. 4X’ a week. Whoopie! I FEEL GREAT!!!

Flavors: Cake, Dark Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla

Congratulations!!

Cheri

Wow! Way to go, Carol!!!

Inkling

Glad you liked the tea. And major congratulations on reaching your goal! :D

Please keep things friendly and .

YUM!!! This is my first Butiki tea and I love it. Sweet strawberry flavor with rich chocolate notes and a nice black base. Teas with chocolate don’t generally re-steep well, but I tried it with this one anyway. Definitely less chocolate flavor, but still a nice strawberry vanilla taste the second time around. Stacy suggests to add sugar, but I found mine really didn’t need it. I will savor every teaspoon of this one for sure!

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla