Shiva's Breakfast

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Butiki Teas
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Stacy was nice enough to pick this out for me. It smells interesting, I get different notes from the different teas. Mostly, it has a malty scent. The flavour is more on the citrus side, with some...” Read full tasting note
    Lariel 461 tasting notes
  • “breakfast tea with the best tea sister evaaar! I got to try this one out, which is great since it's on my list of things to order from Stacy, and this let me try it first. I sadly mostly just...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5351 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the ones I got in yesterday's order! And I need something strong. So strong. Current events and everyone discussing everything repeatedly, everywhere I go, is wearing me down and...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “This tea was fabulous this morning. All I really noticed the first time was the strength, but today it had great citrus and malt notes. Yum! A perfect wake-me-up!” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 627 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Shiva’s Breakfast is an Indian Breakfast tea that combines tea from three key growing regions in India (Assam, Darjeeling, Nilgiri). This blend was created for tea drinkers that prefer their breakfast blends intense. Shiva’s Breakfast has chocolate, bergamot, grapefruit, pepper, wood, cinnamon bark, and floral notes and finishes sweet. This tea is stronger than our Malty Irish Breakfast and is less malty and sweet; however, it is more citrusy, chocolaty, and complex. Please note that our steeping recommendation was set for no additions of milk or sugar. For a more intense flavor we recommend increasing the quantity to 1 1/2 teaspoons per 8oz of water.

Ingredients: Lattakoojan Assam, Organic Kundaly, Glenburn Estate Darjeeling

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 level teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Stacy was nice enough to pick this out for me. It smells interesting, I get different notes from the different teas. Mostly, it has a malty scent. The flavour is more on the citrus side, with some hints of malty chocolate. It’s a nice blend.

breakfast tea with the best tea sister evaaar! I got to try this one out, which is great since it’s on my list of things to order from Stacy, and this let me try it first. I sadly mostly just remember that this was smooth, and delicious. It was the right blend of ceylon and darjeeling for me – neither one overpowering the other. on the whole, a great accompaniment to delicious terri made breakfast!

This is one of the ones I got in yesterday’s order!

And I need something strong. So strong. Current events and everyone discussing everything repeatedly, everywhere I go, is wearing me down and I’m frazzled and down and hiding on the 3DS forums on Reddit because THAT seems safe, so far.

I don’t drink enough breakfast teas to appreciate every nuance of this, but I do appreciate how bold and malty it is. And I am detecting citrus-y notes as well. I like it. I let it sit for 20 minutes before taking my first sip, and even though it had cooled, it still tastes great, without any bitterness.

Yes. I’m satisfied with this. :)

Lovely Stephanie sent me a sample. I tried it 3 ways
First – plain. Robust and smooth, some florals and malt. Perfect breakfast tea , not on empty stomach. Egg and cheese on a crossaint.
Second- with condensed milk. While it was yummy I probably overdid it. Because when it cooled became too sweet for my taste. I’m partial to condensed milk and can eat it right out the can. Gross, right?
Third – splash of milk and maple syrup. Dessert in a cup. Let me just say this tea was gorgeous chocolaty color. Not every tea takes milk well. Sometimes it looks murky and disgusting . Not this tea. Fabuloso with milk. Maple syrup just tiny bit rounded out florals and malt.
To conclude, no additions as a breakfast tea and milk + maple syrup as afternoon
I resteep it @5min. Was very satisfying cup, almost like original

Boiling 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cameron B.

No such thing as overdoing it on condensed milk! And I think everyone could eat it out of the can with a spoon, they just don’t admit it. ;)

mmmm not me! lol

TeaBrat

what a lovely name…

Stephanie

My husband makes a chai mix to add to straight black tea out of sweetened condensed milk. So, you adding it to tea makes perfect sense in my book! Glad you enjoyed :)

I picked this out of the sip down bowl this morning because I’m a good girl. The sip down bowl sits on the counter to encourage me to finish off the little bits of things and clean up my collection.

This was the last of a sample from Stephanie and I liked it. I don’t think I like it as much as Malty Irish Breakfast, so if I had to pick a black tea to order from Butiki it would be MIB, but it was nice. I’m certainly enjoying it this rainy Friday morning.

Stephanie

Have you tried The Black Lotus? I forget…That one is my fave Butiki black right now :)

Marzipan

I had to go back through tasting notes, I couldn’t remember, but it looks like you set me up with that one once ;)

Oh good! :D

Yay! A new breakfast blend from Butiki. The Black Lotus is one of my favorite black teas right now, so I’m quite excited to try this one.

As with the Black Lotus I think the darjeeling on top of all the darker richer notes really makes this blend pop. Definitely worth a try if you are a fan of bold blacks!