Boracay Breeze (Limited Edition)

White Tea
banana, Coconut, Cream, Flowers, Honey, Lemon, Marzipan, Ocean Breeze, Orchid, Rose, Tropical, Vanilla, Almond, Hot hay, Perfume
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

• “Just tried a cup sample of this. This tea doesn't remind me of something bright or refreshing, but rather something very smooth and relaxing. Though there seem to be a lot of flavors and notes...” Read full tasting note
    zackseufert 14 tasting notes
  • “Sad Sipdown (125)! Great thanks to *VariaTEA* for sending me a sample of this limited edition blend; I wasn't sure if I was going to get a chance to try it since I don't have plans for a Butiki...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1945 tasting notes
  • “Got this on a whim and I was pleasantly surprised. I was a bit leery since I don't like overly floral teas, but for me this was floral scent-wise but not overpowering in taste. I get a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    owenjmayer 92 tasting notes
  • “_Affection? Pooh! You speak like a green girl,_ _Unsifted in such perilous circumstance._ _Do you believe his tenders, as you call them?_ Boracay Breeze, a thin white tea entwined with chains of...” Read full tasting note
    tantonino 9 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Our limited edition Boracay Breeze was originally created as a custom blend for our customer, Jolissa. She sent us her favorite perfume and wanted us to create a blend based on it. Since the tea turned out very delicious, we decided to make this tea available for a short time. We named this tea after a gorgeous island in the Philippines that has white sand and crystal clear waters. This fantastic tea features coconut and vanilla flavors but also has light floral, banana, citrus, and amber notes and will have you feeling like you are relaxing on a private island. Don’t miss this opportunity to try our limited edition tea!

Ingredients: Organic Bai Mu Dan, Organic Dried Coconut, Organic Cornflowers, Amaranth, Organic Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

About Butiki Teas View company

Just tried a cup sample of this. This tea doesn’t remind me of something bright or refreshing, but rather something very smooth and relaxing. Though there seem to be a lot of flavors and notes going on in this tea, I enjoyed being able to clearly realize each one of them despite the fact that they are relatively similar types of flavors. Coconut, banana, and cream are the most immediate flavors in this tea, with a subtle flowery vanilla playing in the background and perhaps even a quiet nuttiness at times. I did not add any sugar to this (like I do with 80% of my teas) and it had enough flavor and sweetness to stand on its own. I will probably order some of this with my next Butiki shipment, at the very least so I can try it cold-brewed or to see how it tastes with some sugar. I just hope they have it in stock at that time, since it is a “Limited Edition” after all! This is a perfect tea for anyone who likes that tropical ‘Pina-Colada’ type of taste and also wants something exceedingly smooth and comforting.

1945 tasting notes

Sad Sipdown (125)!

Great thanks to VariaTEA for sending me a sample of this limited edition blend; I wasn’t sure if I was going to get a chance to try it since I don’t have plans for a Butiki order any time soon and this one definitely caught my interest. Ordering just one or two teas typically isn’t worthwhile though.

Let me just say that based on the dry smell alone, I knew that this was going to be amazing. The dry smell pretty well perfectly captured coconut and flowers and bananas and the combination just screamed fresh and tropical. Damn this is gonna be good!

And hell yeah it was! This was so rich and full of flavour! I picked out vibrant, full of life notes of ripe bananas, coconut, marzipan, flowers, vanilla, cream, and sort of lemony (but not lemon – something a little more exotic/out of the ordinary) notes. That last fruit component didn’t really read to me as pineapple though, like some people are noting. I can see how this was based on/inspired by perfume because it does have that very fragrant and feminine quality to it, enhanced by the floral aspects of this one. However, that doesn’t mean that this tastes like perfume. In fact, it very well balances the floral aspects with sweet tropical fruit notes. I can see myself sitting on an island drinking this one – especially iced.

I don’t know if I’ll be putting in a Butiki order before this one disappears, but if I happen to I’m definitely going to be picking more of this one up. I’d really, really like the chance to get to have it again because I’m nothing short of impressed. This is complex and fun, and really different in a great way. Probably the “tea highlight” of the day.

Flavors: banana, Coconut, Cream, Flowers, Honey, Lemon, Marzipan, Ocean Breeze, Orchid, Rose, Tropical, Vanilla

Got this on a whim and I was pleasantly surprised. I was a bit leery since I don’t like overly floral teas, but for me this was floral scent-wise but not overpowering in taste.

I get a bit of flowers, the almond, and the coconut in a sip. Not really tasting the pineapple; I get more of a lemony taste.

My absolute favorite white teas is still Cantaloupe & Cream, but this is a nice change of pace.

Butiki Teas

Yep, you are correct no pineapple just lemon and tangerine for citrus.

Affection? Pooh! You speak like a green girl,
Unsifted in such perilous circumstance.
Do you believe his tenders, as you call them?

Boracay Breeze, a thin white tea entwined with chains of flowers, reminds me of Ophelia. Sweet Ophelia. My roommate has a succulent named Ophelia.

A forlorn lover to Hamlet, Ophelia grows mad and wilts. A flower, incapable of her own distress, Ophelia falls to her death into a stormy brook below. Ever-flowing time and the de-flowering of Ophelia departs from the falling, innocent willow.

Boracay Breeze is a tea for the heartbroken. It’s sweet, it’s inviting and captivating, but it’s lost. The over-powering perfume aroma (the tea was created as a request to be modeled after a subscriber’s perfume!) overshadows the tricky taste. The poetic taste entertains but leaves an emptiness that can’t be described. A lingering aftertaste warns you that you may have lost something that you’ll never be able to get back.

Scoffed at, ignored, suspected, disbelieved, commanded to distrust her own feelings, thoughts and desires, Ophelia is fragmented by contradictory messages … Seeming to absorb the general absence of belief in her own intelligence, virtue, and autonomy, Ophelia is left with an identity osmotically open to external suggestion; that is, she appears to lack clear psychic boundaries … Ophelia appears never to have [been] allowed to develop a discrete sense of self apart from those others (father and brother, then later, Hamlet) who fashioned her identity to suit their needs.
– Reading Ophelia’s Madness

Here’s a listening companion —
Sweet Ophelia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWpMFF5rxTo
Four Walls: https://soundcloud.com/broods/four-walls
There’s rue for you and here’s some for me. We may call it “herb of grace” O’ Sundays

Flavors: Almond, Hot hay, Perfume

Tabby

Hey, thanks for the add! Always cool to find someone here who’s from the A!

tantonino

If my memory serves true, they say it is “where the players play”!

Did a bit of extra walking today after work, to beat someone on my striiv team, and get a healthy advance with a challenge. I didn’t quite make the challenge, but I was close, and when I came in, I was tired and hot, so I made this and drank some water while this steeped.

The coconut is definitely the first thing I smell and taste. The banana and pineapple are more mouthfeel than taste, I think…I have a sort of thickness on my tongue which makes me think of the banana, and a juicy after note like pineapple. I can’t really pick up much floral…if it is there, it is subtle, and well blended, which is good for me, given my floral sensitivities…

I did have this hot, but I’d love to see what a cold brew of this would be like.

This white tea has very light pleasant notes of pineapple, coconut, and floral. Sweet, but not too sweet with a heavenly aroma. Perfect afternoon tea.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

A great big thanks to Courtney for sharing a sample of this with me!

I really enjoyed it.

It seems to be a pretty complex white tea. I definitely taste the floral and coconut a nd banana aspects, with a nice sweetness as well, could be vanilla.

I wouldn’t have thought that flowers would go well with the other flavours, but of course Butiki made it work!

I would love to know which perfume this was based off of!

A nice summery cuppa. well done.

Butiki Teas

It’s based off of this perfume: http://www.luckyscent.com/product/53600/vittoria-apuana-by-profumi-del-forte. The custom blend customer sent me a small vile of it that I still hoard and save for special occasions. Normally, I can’t stand perfume and am pretty allergic to everything but this I love!

whatshesaid

Thanks for the info!! :)

I love coconut, and this tea definitely has some notes of coconut. It is very complex, with notes of vanilla, banana, floral, and a tiny hint of citrus. Rose isn’t my favourite flavour in teas though, so I kind of had that taste in the back of my mind the whole time. I think if I could get this tea without the rose, it would be amazing. I do really enjoy this tea though. I will be tying it chilled tomorrow as well.

OoooOoooooh! This tea tastes FANCY!

Very feminine and floral, but not overly perfumey in a bad way or anything like that. The coconut and vanilla and hint of citrus make me think of some kind of tropical cocktail. It is positively ethereal.

Stacy has a real way with these flavored whites. I can’t imagine anyone else pulling off something so complex and especially with the floral elements and all!

I have to say I would have liked more coconut, but that is just because I am a coconut junkie, and not because there is anything wrong with the tea :)

I do taste the coconut though!

This is an amazingly complex tea.

I adore coconut so that’s what drew me to it but it’s many layers are captivating. This is no ordinary coconut tea.

I feel like I can’t do it justice right now but in short the citrus and cake notes are definitely there. I was afraid of the banana but while I can taste it the way it layers with the other flavors make it work.

I can see how this would be an amazing perfume. It smells wonderful but it doesn’t taste perfumy or overwhelmingly floral. Definatly floral but no sign of soap.

Edit: I lied. There is a tiny bit of soap after taste that comes in as an after taste. This is what I get for writing as I sip. Still worth it completely for the complex coconut.

mj

I also adore coconut!

Frolic

Have you tried Zen Tea’s green or oolong coconut teas? Nowhere as complex but really good.

mj

I have not but I love a good coconut oolong! As long as lemongrass isn’t involved- blech. I’ll put Zen Tea’s on the wishlist. I like Golden Moon’s coconut pouchong a lot. Have you tried that one?

OMGsrsly

The coconut oolong from SOKO is even better, IMO. Harder to get, though, since they don’t have an online shop.

What dos SOKO stand for?

I’m kinda afraid to ask cause I’m on a no-buy.

I haven’t tried Golden Moon’s but it’s been on my mental wishlist for a long time.

OMGsrsly

I have no idea if it stands for anything. It’s just allcaps on their signage, so I write it in allcaps.

Frolic

Well if I keep myself from buying it till I finally make a trip to BC I’ll be fine I think! Cause that won’t happen for some time!

OMGsrsly

Haha. :) That’s a good plan!