Boracay Breeze (Limited Edition)

White Tea
Coconut, Lemon, Perfume, banana, Cream, Flowers, Honey, Marzipan, Ocean Breeze, Orchid, Rose, Tropical, Vanilla, Almond, Hot hay
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

From Butiki Teas

Our limited edition Boracay Breeze was originally created as a custom blend for our customer, Jolissa. She sent us her favorite perfume and wanted us to create a blend based on it. Since the tea turned out very delicious, we decided to make this tea available for a short time. We named this tea after a gorgeous island in the Philippines that has white sand and crystal clear waters. This fantastic tea features coconut and vanilla flavors but also has light floral, banana, citrus, and amber notes and will have you feeling like you are relaxing on a private island. Don’t miss this opportunity to try our limited edition tea!

Ingredients: Organic Bai Mu Dan, Organic Dried Coconut, Organic Cornflowers, Amaranth, Organic Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

About Butiki Teas View company

I got a Butiki order in yesterday and I’m doing tasting flights to see if there are any that I feel I need to stock up on. I’d hate to find out that I LOVE one only to have it be gone forever.

There was a strange taste on the lip of my mug. I’m a little concerned that my dishwasher isn’t rinsing well enough and am worried it may taint the taste of my tea! Anyways… I smell coconut! And something else, but I’m not sure what. Wow, this is strange! (I do enjoy strange) I’m getting fruity flavors on the tip of my tongue and a more savory feeling on the back! I totally get how this is like a perfume with base mid and high notes. Adding sugar amps up the fruit and takes away a little of the savory, but it doesn’t change the tea drastically or bring out hidden flavors. I might be getting a little pineapple at the end? The flavors merge together so well that it is hard to pick them out on their own. And hot hay is listed as a flavor in the description! I know what hay would be like, but I have no idea what hot hay would be. Sounds like I need to do a little more living outdoors! Now as it cools I feel like there is grape in the beginning. This is really interesting! I’d love to try it cold and see what flavors pop out then!

Kittenna

I’m pretty much resigned to the fact that by the time I try any of the new teas, they’ll be sold out, so I just have what I ordered. Haha. I got my big order of previous favourites in earlier.

Dustin

I wish I could be happy with what I already have, but I have such a terrible hoarding instinct and there are one or two that I need a little more of. Just so I don’t have to rip the bandaid off quite as soon with saying goodbye.

Hello Sweetie’s lighter, more tropical sister. Love it, one of my Butiki tea favorites. Dat banana.

Another one from Stephanie that I’ve been DYING to try!!
This one is a lot less strong and perfume-y than I assumed it would be. But it was still good! Tasted a lot of lemon at first, but then the perfume-y-ness took over. Which was what I was looking forward to most!
The coconut was pretty strong too in this one. Another lovely Tea from Butiki Teas! :D Thanks for the generous sample, Stephanie! Will enjoy trying this a few more times!

Flavors: Coconut, Lemon, Perfume

Stacy sent a sample of this with my last order. Thanks!

The dry leaf is just… peaceful. The leaves are a blend of white and faded green, mingled with delicate flecks of blue, pink, and white. The smell is floral and coconutty. Is that a hint of lemon? Nice.

This brews up a lovely pale gold. The scent is still floral and coconutty, but there’s a solid vanilla note that comes to the fore. The flavor is tropical. It’s a bit heavier on the coconut than I personally like. It’s oh-so-slightly fruity, but hard to pin down the exact fruit. Citrus? Mango? It’s leaving a slight film on my tongue that isn’t exactly enjoyable. Otherwise, this is quite pleasant. I got a nice second steep out of it, with the same scent, texture, and flavor profile.

Overall, this tea is very “chilling on the beach at an island resort”. It also goes well with fancy marzipan!

Butiki Teas

You are correct, there is a touch of lemon. Also, there is a hint of tangerines as well.

Just tried a cup sample of this. This tea doesn’t remind me of something bright or refreshing, but rather something very smooth and relaxing. Though there seem to be a lot of flavors and notes going on in this tea, I enjoyed being able to clearly realize each one of them despite the fact that they are relatively similar types of flavors. Coconut, banana, and cream are the most immediate flavors in this tea, with a subtle flowery vanilla playing in the background and perhaps even a quiet nuttiness at times. I did not add any sugar to this (like I do with 80% of my teas) and it had enough flavor and sweetness to stand on its own. I will probably order some of this with my next Butiki shipment, at the very least so I can try it cold-brewed or to see how it tastes with some sugar. I just hope they have it in stock at that time, since it is a “Limited Edition” after all! This is a perfect tea for anyone who likes that tropical ‘Pina-Colada’ type of taste and also wants something exceedingly smooth and comforting.

First off, let me just say that I am CRUSHED that Butiki is closing and I’m still having stress headaches about not having the chance to place my order yet, but I wish the amazing Stacy all the best in whatever she decides to do next! And, a capybara has to be the best reason to retire, ever.

Furry not-so-little rodent babies.

But yeah. So, a few days ago I went and watched a live performance of Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler at my local theatre; but before I got ready for a day out I started my day out right by drinking my current favourite cold brew. This one! It was strong and bold with lots of coconut flavour and the usual balance of fruity and floral nuances.

I’ll miss this when it’s gone but I’m not having the same extreme reaction to not being able to replace it; this one was always advertised as limited edition, after all.

Does that mean that all Butiki teas are now limited edition, in a way?

Butiki Teas

Thanks, Roswell Strange! Hahaha, yeah all Butiki Teas are limited edition now. It was supposed to be limited edition and we were going to remove the ‘limited’ once we figured out that it’s a keeper.

Cheri

I agree that a capybara is the best reason to retire ever. They’re SOOOO cute.

Got this on a whim and I was pleasantly surprised. I was a bit leery since I don’t like overly floral teas, but for me this was floral scent-wise but not overpowering in taste.

I get a bit of flowers, the almond, and the coconut in a sip. Not really tasting the pineapple; I get more of a lemony taste.

My absolute favorite white teas is still Cantaloupe & Cream, but this is a nice change of pace.

Butiki Teas

Yep, you are correct no pineapple just lemon and tangerine for citrus.

Affection? Pooh! You speak like a green girl,
Unsifted in such perilous circumstance.
Do you believe his tenders, as you call them?

Boracay Breeze, a thin white tea entwined with chains of flowers, reminds me of Ophelia. Sweet Ophelia. My roommate has a succulent named Ophelia.

A forlorn lover to Hamlet, Ophelia grows mad and wilts. A flower, incapable of her own distress, Ophelia falls to her death into a stormy brook below. Ever-flowing time and the de-flowering of Ophelia departs from the falling, innocent willow.

Boracay Breeze is a tea for the heartbroken. It’s sweet, it’s inviting and captivating, but it’s lost. The over-powering perfume aroma (the tea was created as a request to be modeled after a subscriber’s perfume!) overshadows the tricky taste. The poetic taste entertains but leaves an emptiness that can’t be described. A lingering aftertaste warns you that you may have lost something that you’ll never be able to get back.

Scoffed at, ignored, suspected, disbelieved, commanded to distrust her own feelings, thoughts and desires, Ophelia is fragmented by contradictory messages … Seeming to absorb the general absence of belief in her own intelligence, virtue, and autonomy, Ophelia is left with an identity osmotically open to external suggestion; that is, she appears to lack clear psychic boundaries … Ophelia appears never to have [been] allowed to develop a discrete sense of self apart from those others (father and brother, then later, Hamlet) who fashioned her identity to suit their needs.
– Reading Ophelia’s Madness

Here’s a listening companion —
Sweet Ophelia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWpMFF5rxTo
Four Walls: https://soundcloud.com/broods/four-walls

There’s rue for you and here’s some for me. We may call it “herb of grace” O’ Sundays

Flavors: Almond, Hot hay, Perfume

Tabby

Hey, thanks for the add! Always cool to find someone here who’s from the A!

tantonino

If my memory serves true, they say it is “where the players play”!

Did a bit of extra walking today after work, to beat someone on my striiv team, and get a healthy advance with a challenge. I didn’t quite make the challenge, but I was close, and when I came in, I was tired and hot, so I made this and drank some water while this steeped.

The coconut is definitely the first thing I smell and taste. The banana and pineapple are more mouthfeel than taste, I think…I have a sort of thickness on my tongue which makes me think of the banana, and a juicy after note like pineapple. I can’t really pick up much floral…if it is there, it is subtle, and well blended, which is good for me, given my floral sensitivities…

I did have this hot, but I’d love to see what a cold brew of this would be like.

This white tea has very light pleasant notes of pineapple, coconut, and floral. Sweet, but not too sweet with a heavenly aroma. Perfect afternoon tea.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML