Butterscotch & Hazelnut Mocha Candies

White Tea
Honey, Butterscotch, Candy, Mocha, Butter, Cream, Malt, Vanilla, Creamy, Grain, Hazelnut, Nutty, Sweet, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by Ost

From Butiki Teas

Our Butterscotch & Hazelnut Mocha Candies tea uses our White Rhino tea. The White Rhino base compliments and melds seamlessly with the butterscotch, hazelnut, and mocha flavors. Butterscotch is the star of this tea but the mocha and hazelnut flavors peek through and add complexity. We highly recommend adding a touch of brown crystal sugar for a rich and delicious candy-like flavor.

Ingredients: White Rhino (White Tea), Organic Calendula, Organic Cornflowers, Organic Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 level teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

About Butiki Teas View company

Weirrrrrrrrrrrrd……….. I’m like 97% sure I’ve reviewed this before, but it’s not showing up. STEEPSTER Y U EAT MY NOTES!?

I’ve had this one at work for awhile now, it’s one of my special happy place teas. Most of which are Butiki, admittedly.

It’s really a great blend of flavours. I love the smell and the taste and the fact that I only have MAYBE 2 cups max left makes me sad.

TeaNTees

I am in the exact same situation with my RiverTea Granny’s Cake. :(

Christina

TeaNTees, I’m also sad about Granny’s Cake :(

Butiki Teas

I’m pretty sure I saw you review this one too.

whatshesaid

Ok yes, thank you! Because the first time I tried it was at the movie theatre and I loved it!

We got about a foot of snow overnight so I’m working from home today. This is the first tea I grabbed out of the cupboard in my post-wakeup fog and, I have to say, I’m really enjoying it. It’s reminding me a lot of honey, taste-wise and they way the aftertaste lingers. Yum!

Flavors: Honey

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

gawd i love white rhino…. added to these flavours and this is a great tea to just have and be a part of lol. I’m glad that i’ve still got a good chunk of this one because i continue to enjoy it!

tea-sipper

Yep, love that White Rhino!

This is such a unique tea! Much stronger and more flavorful than any white tea I’ve had before. The name is definitely spot-on, because even unsweetened it tastes like melted candy in a cup…super rich and creamy with wonderful butterscotch flavor. I don’t really notice the hazelnut, but there is just a hint of mocha adding some depth. I may have to give the new version of this one a try when I place my next Butiki order!

Flavors: Butterscotch, Candy, Mocha

hippiechick 42

Sounds yummy!

So behind in writing about these older newer Butiki teas. I got this right when it came out and have been semi-hoarding it. Melted Werther’s in a cup, peeps. I get a smidgen of mocha but no hazelnut. And the base is oh soooo smooth. This will be my only way of trying the infamous White Rhino. So stupid for not grabbing any when I placed my most recent order. Always forgetting stuff!

This makes such a comforting cup now that it’s getting colder outside.

My order went missing….so my white rhino doesn’t get to come to me :(

Fjellrev

Is that the final outcome? CP aren’t trying to hunt it down?

A sample with my order! I ADORE the White Rhino… it must be my favorite white tea. Honestly, it’s such an amazing tea that it certainly doesn’t need additional flavors. It’s odd this one is recommended to use boiling water as it is a while tea. It’s the one that looks like a longer Yunnan with gold and black leaves. I’m not sure if I’d describe the flavors as butterscotch, hazelnut or mocha but there is definitely a candy like flavor of some kind. Pairs very well with the Rhino. The Rhino is like honey though – the smoothest a white tea can get while still having a little bit more substance than a delicate white tea. The White Rhino itself is a rarity. Searching for other Kenyan white teas, the only types I can find are the sickle shaped leaf. I wonder why no one else has found this one?
Steep #1 // 2 tsps. // 6 min after boiling // 3 min
Steep #2 // just boiled // 3-4 min

The first sip of this tea is thick on the tongue. It brings to mind pouring honey from a jar. The main flavor I get is of butterscotch candies, particularly the hard ones that stick to your teeth when you try to chew them. The rest of the sip is where flavors become a little muddled for me. I’m picking up on the white tea, some very light floral notes and something similar to toffee. I can’t seem to taste any of the hazelnut or mocha flavors. The finish is brisk and quite astringent.

I like the butterscotch flavor, but there’s something a little too artificial about it for me. I’m not wild about the base either, but I think it’s because I’m generally not a white tea person.

I’ve enjoyed this one a few times, but never got around to writing a note. To be honest, this tea didn’t smell or taste like I was expecting, but it’s really grown on me. Don’t expect it to taste like the usual white tea. It brews up darker, almost like a light black or oolong, and yet, it is lighter in texture and flavor. I think all the flavor notes in the name are there, but overall, it’s probably more butterscotch-y than anything else. I really like it in the afternoon. I haven’t brewed it in a glass steeper, but I have a feeling it would be very pretty served that way.

Got this as a sample &…whoa. It’ll be on my next order for sure. The butterscotch is strong but blends so well with everything else. I put too much creamer in, but I don’t care. This is sinful.

(139)

This totally tastes how it promises and it’s really totally good, except I’m not big on hazelnut unless they’re in that one candy, whose name escapes me. But, OMG. Yes. Butterscotch and haelnut. NAILED IT.

Dustin

Sounds really good! I love hazelnut.

Stephanie

I was shocked how much I liked this one!!