Butterscotch & Hazelnut Mocha Candies

White Tea
Butterscotch, Candy, Mocha, Butter, Cream, Honey, Malt, Vanilla, Creamy, Grain, Hazelnut, Nutty, Sweet, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by Ost

• “I tried this one from stacy today as well, mostly so that i could decide on whether or not i want more of the newer version of this one in my next order. At first glance this is much more...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “This is such a unique tea! Much stronger and more flavorful than any white tea I've had before. The name is definitely spot-on, because even unsweetened it tastes like melted candy in a cup...super...” Read full tasting note
    Inkling 90 tasting notes
  • “So behind in writing about these older _newer_ Butiki teas. I got this right when it came out and have been semi-hoarding it. Melted Werther's in a cup, peeps. I get a smidgen of mocha but no...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 851 tasting notes
  • “A sample with my order! I ADORE the White Rhino... it must be my favorite white tea. Honestly, it's such an amazing tea that it certainly doesn't need additional flavors. It's odd this one is...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1495 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Our Butterscotch & Hazelnut Mocha Candies tea uses our White Rhino tea. The White Rhino base compliments and melds seamlessly with the butterscotch, hazelnut, and mocha flavors. Butterscotch is the star of this tea but the mocha and hazelnut flavors peek through and add complexity. We highly recommend adding a touch of brown crystal sugar for a rich and delicious candy-like flavor.

Ingredients: White Rhino (White Tea), Organic Calendula, Organic Cornflowers, Organic Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 level teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

About Butiki Teas View company

I tried this one from stacy today as well, mostly so that i could decide on whether or not i want more of the newer version of this one in my next order. At first glance this is much more hazelnut and butterscotch than it is mocha. I do love the white rhino base though…so sad i wasn’t able to get my first stupid package. I think this one needs to be tried out of a travel mug to be fully appreciated, so i reserve judgement until then :)

This is such a unique tea! Much stronger and more flavorful than any white tea I’ve had before. The name is definitely spot-on, because even unsweetened it tastes like melted candy in a cup…super rich and creamy with wonderful butterscotch flavor. I don’t really notice the hazelnut, but there is just a hint of mocha adding some depth. I may have to give the new version of this one a try when I place my next Butiki order!

Flavors: Butterscotch, Candy, Mocha

hippiechick 42

Sounds yummy!

So behind in writing about these older newer Butiki teas. I got this right when it came out and have been semi-hoarding it. Melted Werther’s in a cup, peeps. I get a smidgen of mocha but no hazelnut. And the base is oh soooo smooth. This will be my only way of trying the infamous White Rhino. So stupid for not grabbing any when I placed my most recent order. Always forgetting stuff!

This makes such a comforting cup now that it’s getting colder outside.

My order went missing….so my white rhino doesn’t get to come to me :(

Fjellrev

Is that the final outcome? CP aren’t trying to hunt it down?

A sample with my order! I ADORE the White Rhino… it must be my favorite white tea. Honestly, it’s such an amazing tea that it certainly doesn’t need additional flavors. It’s odd this one is recommended to use boiling water as it is a while tea. It’s the one that looks like a longer Yunnan with gold and black leaves. I’m not sure if I’d describe the flavors as butterscotch, hazelnut or mocha but there is definitely a candy like flavor of some kind. Pairs very well with the Rhino. The Rhino is like honey though – the smoothest a white tea can get while still having a little bit more substance than a delicate white tea. The White Rhino itself is a rarity. Searching for other Kenyan white teas, the only types I can find are the sickle shaped leaf. I wonder why no one else has found this one?
Steep #1 // 2 tsps. // 6 min after boiling // 3 min
Steep #2 // just boiled // 3-4 min

The first sip of this tea is thick on the tongue. It brings to mind pouring honey from a jar. The main flavor I get is of butterscotch candies, particularly the hard ones that stick to your teeth when you try to chew them. The rest of the sip is where flavors become a little muddled for me. I’m picking up on the white tea, some very light floral notes and something similar to toffee. I can’t seem to taste any of the hazelnut or mocha flavors. The finish is brisk and quite astringent.

I like the butterscotch flavor, but there’s something a little too artificial about it for me. I’m not wild about the base either, but I think it’s because I’m generally not a white tea person.

I’ve enjoyed this one a few times, but never got around to writing a note. To be honest, this tea didn’t smell or taste like I was expecting, but it’s really grown on me. Don’t expect it to taste like the usual white tea. It brews up darker, almost like a light black or oolong, and yet, it is lighter in texture and flavor. I think all the flavor notes in the name are there, but overall, it’s probably more butterscotch-y than anything else. I really like it in the afternoon. I haven’t brewed it in a glass steeper, but I have a feeling it would be very pretty served that way.

Got this as a sample &…whoa. It’ll be on my next order for sure. The butterscotch is strong but blends so well with everything else. I put too much creamer in, but I don’t care. This is sinful.

(139)

This totally tastes how it promises and it’s really totally good, except I’m not big on hazelnut unless they’re in that one candy, whose name escapes me. But, OMG. Yes. Butterscotch and haelnut. NAILED IT.

Dustin

Sounds really good! I love hazelnut.

Stephanie

I was shocked how much I liked this one!!

Sad Sipdown (126)!

Thank you VariaTEA for the sample of this beauty! As soon as I heard it announced, I knew I had to try it. Firstly, it uses White Rhino as the base, and I just love that tea. It’s white tea for black tea drinkers! Secondly, butterscotch!? Yes please! I love sweet things so obviously I love butterscotch. And then the other flavours here are just the cherry on top! Mmm!

Dry; this is so rich smelling! Sure, that smell is like 99% butterscotch instead of the “other stuff” but it’s mouth watering and captivating. Delicious! Steeped up, there’s no difference: after I took my first sip I was practically drooling.

You can definitely taste the White Rhino base, even with the extra flavouring that is very robust and captivating; and I love that because the base is beautiful on its own too (which is why I stock it) – and like Stacy says in the tea description, the base and flavours do blend really seamlessly. And speaking of those “extra flavours”; butterscotch. All the butterscotch. All of it. It’s captivating, and accurate, and delicious! We sell those little butterscotch candies (you know the ones; with the yellow/gold clear wrapping) at work and this totally captures the essence of that. But then you have this really nice mocha flavour layered under stand that ties together with the butterscotch but makes the whole thing feel more “fancy” or “elite”, in a way. Add to that the natural malt notes and cream from White Rhino and the resulting brew is complex and layered in addition to delicious.

So this is right back on to my wishlist; I don’t know when my next Butiki order will be (it’s not a priority at this point), but whenever it is I know that this will be included. I have a pretty good range of Butiki teas, and just White Butiki teas in general (Watermelon Xylophone, Doke Silver Needle, White Rhino, French Lemon Macaron), stocked up and this will totally have a place among them. 100%.

Although quick note, I didn’t actually pick up on the Hazlenut in this but honestly I didn’t feel like anything was missing…

Flavors: Butter, Butterscotch, Cream, Honey, Malt, Mocha, Vanilla

Boiling 12 OZ / 354 ML

I bought this one during Stacy’s birthday sale, and it’s been sitting in my cupboard, waiting to be tried, ever since. Now that I’ve reached my cupboard goal of under 100 teas, I’ve been going a bit crazy with drinking Butiki teas for the past couple of days… :P Butterscotch is one of my absolute favorite flavors, so this one was a no-brainer when I was making my order. The White Rhino buds are huge and beautiful, half golden and half dark. There are also a lot of flower petals mixed in, I assume for visual interest? Dry scent is very sweet and candylike, primarily butterscotch but I can smell a hint of mocha too. I imagine Stacy giggling with mischievous glee when writing some of these instructions… “level teaspoons” for this tea… not exactly possible. :P I just kind of guestimated what two teaspoons would look like.

Yum! Brewed, this tea smells very similar to the butterscotch disc candies that I love so much. I can also smell the hazelnut and a bit of coffee. I must say, the flavor was much lighter than I was expecting, since I had heard White Rhino described as somewhere between white and black teas. The butterscotch is definitely the main attraction, and it’s perfectly dead-on for butterscotch candies. The texture is very creamy and smooth, and I attribute that to the nuttiness from the hazelnut flavor. I must say, I don’t really detect any coffee or chocolate, but I definitely don’t miss it. The base tea itself is rather silent as well, though I do catch a bit of grain and I’m sure it contributes to the creamy texture.

I can imagine this being delicious and decadent with a bit of sugar or even a bit of soy milk, but I’m currently trying to abstain from adding things to tea. Still delicious au naturel!

On a side note, this is my 400th tasting note! Woo!

Flavors: Butterscotch, Creamy, Grain, Hazelnut, Nutty