Butterscotch & Hazelnut Mocha Candies

White Tea
Butter, Butterscotch, Cream, Honey, Malt, Mocha, Vanilla, Creamy, Grain, Hazelnut, Nutty, Sweet, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by Ost

• “I've enjoyed this one a few times, but never got around to writing a note. To be honest, this tea didn't smell or taste like I was expecting, but it's really grown on me. Don't expect it to taste...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 536 tasting notes
  • “Got this as a sample &...whoa. It'll be on my next order for sure. The butterscotch is strong but blends so well with everything else. I put too much creamer in, but I don't care. This is sinful.” Read full tasting note
    owenjmayer 92 tasting notes
  • “(139) This totally tastes how it promises and it's really totally good, except I'm not big on hazelnut unless they're in that one candy, whose name escapes me. But, OMG. Yes. Butterscotch and...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1693 tasting notes
  • “Sad Sipdown (126)! Thank you *VariaTEA* for the sample of this beauty! As soon as I heard it announced, I knew I _had to_ try it. Firstly, it uses White Rhino as the base, and I just love that...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1943 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Our Butterscotch & Hazelnut Mocha Candies tea uses our White Rhino tea. The White Rhino base compliments and melds seamlessly with the butterscotch, hazelnut, and mocha flavors. Butterscotch is the star of this tea but the mocha and hazelnut flavors peek through and add complexity. We highly recommend adding a touch of brown crystal sugar for a rich and delicious candy-like flavor.

Ingredients: White Rhino (White Tea), Organic Calendula, Organic Cornflowers, Organic Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 level teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

About Butiki Teas View company

I’ve enjoyed this one a few times, but never got around to writing a note. To be honest, this tea didn’t smell or taste like I was expecting, but it’s really grown on me. Don’t expect it to taste like the usual white tea. It brews up darker, almost like a light black or oolong, and yet, it is lighter in texture and flavor. I think all the flavor notes in the name are there, but overall, it’s probably more butterscotch-y than anything else. I really like it in the afternoon. I haven’t brewed it in a glass steeper, but I have a feeling it would be very pretty served that way.

Got this as a sample &…whoa. It’ll be on my next order for sure. The butterscotch is strong but blends so well with everything else. I put too much creamer in, but I don’t care. This is sinful.

(139)

This totally tastes how it promises and it’s really totally good, except I’m not big on hazelnut unless they’re in that one candy, whose name escapes me. But, OMG. Yes. Butterscotch and haelnut. NAILED IT.

Dustin

Sounds really good! I love hazelnut.

Stephanie

I was shocked how much I liked this one!!

1943 tasting notes

Sad Sipdown (126)!

Thank you VariaTEA for the sample of this beauty! As soon as I heard it announced, I knew I had to try it. Firstly, it uses White Rhino as the base, and I just love that tea. It’s white tea for black tea drinkers! Secondly, butterscotch!? Yes please! I love sweet things so obviously I love butterscotch. And then the other flavours here are just the cherry on top! Mmm!

Dry; this is so rich smelling! Sure, that smell is like 99% butterscotch instead of the “other stuff” but it’s mouth watering and captivating. Delicious! Steeped up, there’s no difference: after I took my first sip I was practically drooling.

You can definitely taste the White Rhino base, even with the extra flavouring that is very robust and captivating; and I love that because the base is beautiful on its own too (which is why I stock it) – and like Stacy says in the tea description, the base and flavours do blend really seamlessly. And speaking of those “extra flavours”; butterscotch. All the butterscotch. All of it. It’s captivating, and accurate, and delicious! We sell those little butterscotch candies (you know the ones; with the yellow/gold clear wrapping) at work and this totally captures the essence of that. But then you have this really nice mocha flavour layered under stand that ties together with the butterscotch but makes the whole thing feel more “fancy” or “elite”, in a way. Add to that the natural malt notes and cream from White Rhino and the resulting brew is complex and layered in addition to delicious.

So this is right back on to my wishlist; I don’t know when my next Butiki order will be (it’s not a priority at this point), but whenever it is I know that this will be included. I have a pretty good range of Butiki teas, and just White Butiki teas in general (Watermelon Xylophone, Doke Silver Needle, White Rhino, French Lemon Macaron), stocked up and this will totally have a place among them. 100%.

Although quick note, I didn’t actually pick up on the Hazlenut in this but honestly I didn’t feel like anything was missing…

Flavors: Butter, Butterscotch, Cream, Honey, Malt, Mocha, Vanilla

Boiling 12 OZ / 354 ML

I bought this one during Stacy’s birthday sale, and it’s been sitting in my cupboard, waiting to be tried, ever since. Now that I’ve reached my cupboard goal of under 100 teas, I’ve been going a bit crazy with drinking Butiki teas for the past couple of days… :P Butterscotch is one of my absolute favorite flavors, so this one was a no-brainer when I was making my order. The White Rhino buds are huge and beautiful, half golden and half dark. There are also a lot of flower petals mixed in, I assume for visual interest? Dry scent is very sweet and candylike, primarily butterscotch but I can smell a hint of mocha too. I imagine Stacy giggling with mischievous glee when writing some of these instructions… “level teaspoons” for this tea… not exactly possible. :P I just kind of guestimated what two teaspoons would look like.

Yum! Brewed, this tea smells very similar to the butterscotch disc candies that I love so much. I can also smell the hazelnut and a bit of coffee. I must say, the flavor was much lighter than I was expecting, since I had heard White Rhino described as somewhere between white and black teas. The butterscotch is definitely the main attraction, and it’s perfectly dead-on for butterscotch candies. The texture is very creamy and smooth, and I attribute that to the nuttiness from the hazelnut flavor. I must say, I don’t really detect any coffee or chocolate, but I definitely don’t miss it. The base tea itself is rather silent as well, though I do catch a bit of grain and I’m sure it contributes to the creamy texture.

I can imagine this being delicious and decadent with a bit of sugar or even a bit of soy milk, but I’m currently trying to abstain from adding things to tea. Still delicious au naturel!

On a side note, this is my 400th tasting note! Woo!

Flavors: Butterscotch, Creamy, Grain, Hazelnut, Nutty

Christina

Congrats!

Roswell Strange

Congrats on 400!

MMMmmmmm good.
AND seriously spot on with the candy flavour. Lately, I haven’t been so much into white teas but this here is a wonderful exception. Oh yes it is!
I love how complex the notes are. Mocha, a touch of caramel, white, shu, and that candy sweetness that pushes everything over the top. I kinda wish there was a tad more caramel depth. As for the hazelnut, I am not sure, but I think I can detect that as well? I can’t be sure.
That said, this is definitely something to pull out once in awhile. I can see myself enjoying this when company comes over or when my sweet tooth demands a little something :P
Thanks Stacy!!

Dustin

Oh damn! The name alone sounds amazing!

Indigobloom

it really does! I swear it is an excellent replacement for icecream :P

Another recent sale tea!

Just brewed some of this up – I had figured it wouldn’t be robust enough for a travel mug, and I think I was right. I’ll have to work on brewing parameters with this one; I’m not getting a great deal of flavour from it, which is unfortunate. It’s certainly not bad – the base is tasty, but I’m not tasting a great deal of additional flavour beyond that.There are hints of flavour, though, so again, hopefully I can coax them out in a future infusion!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Stephanie

really? the flavor on my batch was super strong I thought…so butterscotchy!

Kittenna

Yeah – I was kind of surprised too, since I know Butiki’s caramelly/butterscotch flavourings are pretty good. I’m just hoping for better luck next time (but even the dry tea from the bag wasn’t particularly aromatic :( )

This one smells really good in the bag! I just want to keep sniffing! I can pick up the butterscotch, but the mocha and hazelnut do sort of meld together. Steeped, I definitely get more butterscotch than anything. My brew seemed a little thinner than I had hoped I’d get, though I might have under leafed it. I was hoping to get a bit more body for the white, and have the heavier butterscotch, hazelnut and mocha flavours add to the depth and richness in that way that you would want on a crisp autumn day, or a colder winter one. Something thicker that wraps around you like a hug…only less caffeine than a black would.

I do feel like if I used more leaf, I’d get that, and I’m toying with adding milk to enhance the richness. I do still find that for a white tea, it is rich and has more body than you’d expect (just not quite enough for me, unless upping the leaf helps), and I would recommend this to others.

I may readjust my rating once I have made another cup and used more leaf.

Indigobloom

Interesting! I get a LOT of mocha flavour in the cup I’m having now. Not much caramel at all

Amariel

Interesting. How much leaf did you use?

How much did it say? 1 tsp right? I think I did that. I’m not home now lol

Amariel

It says 2 tsp per 8 oz

Indigobloom

Ah I followed whatever was on the instructions. I was tired so can’t recall (no memory retention lol)

Mmmmm, this is delicious and wonderfully sweet. I found that the butterscotch and the hazelnut really shine here and the mocha is in the background. This is a beautiful white, something I could really enjoy in the afternoons!

1924 tasting notes

So I forgot to account for the fact that I was using a 16 oz cup instead of 8 oz so this was underleafed and a bit watered down but it’s still delicious. This is sweet and rich and has a lot of depth and definitely captures butterscotch & hazelnut mocha candies. Plus, this smells amazing!

Waaaaaant

Stephanie

It’s so good with the white rhino base, gahhh

VariaTEA

Sil, I am always happy to share :). And Stephanie, I totally agree. I was sad when I saw it was a white tea until I realized it was white rhino because I love that tea.

Roswell Strange

Want want want :3 Also side note; I get paid in two days… Are there any places I should check out for possible tea orders? My cupboard is at a really well maintained number right now so orders are a thing that could totally happen.

VariaTEA

This is in the package I am sending your way

Marzipan

RS – Green Terrace is 50% off.