Butterscotch & Hazelnut Mocha Candies

White Tea
Butterscotch, Candy, Mocha, Butter, Cream, Honey, Malt, Vanilla, Creamy, Grain, Hazelnut, Nutty, Sweet, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by Ost

• “I was hoping for something sweeter with this tea. I don't get a lot of flavor beyond smooth, though this tea does have a silky mouthfeel that follows each sip. As it cools, it gets a bit bitter --...” Read full tasting note
    sundaysipping 237 tasting notes
  • “tea from yesterday. Still really glad i was able to get 2oz of this. I'm not sure how i'm going to find another company that does flavoured teas as well as stacy. it's sad. this tea though is...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5583 tasting notes
  • “This is such a unique tea! Much stronger and more flavorful than any white tea I've had before. The name is definitely spot-on, because even unsweetened it tastes like melted candy in a cup...super...” Read full tasting note
    Inkling 171 tasting notes
  • “So behind in writing about these older _newer_ Butiki teas. I got this right when it came out and have been semi-hoarding it. Melted Werther's in a cup, peeps. I get a smidgen of mocha but no...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 962 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Our Butterscotch & Hazelnut Mocha Candies tea uses our White Rhino tea. The White Rhino base compliments and melds seamlessly with the butterscotch, hazelnut, and mocha flavors. Butterscotch is the star of this tea but the mocha and hazelnut flavors peek through and add complexity. We highly recommend adding a touch of brown crystal sugar for a rich and delicious candy-like flavor.

Ingredients: White Rhino (White Tea), Organic Calendula, Organic Cornflowers, Organic Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 2 level teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

About Butiki Teas View company

I was hoping for something sweeter with this tea. I don’t get a lot of flavor beyond smooth, though this tea does have a silky mouthfeel that follows each sip. As it cools, it gets a bit bitter — I think this is the hazelnut coming out. At room temperature, the black base is astringent but pleasantly so.

I’ll have to try this with sugar next time and see if I get more of a candy taste.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

tea from yesterday. Still really glad i was able to get 2oz of this. I’m not sure how i’m going to find another company that does flavoured teas as well as stacy. it’s sad. this tea though is great, and i love that this is still on the other base

This is such a unique tea! Much stronger and more flavorful than any white tea I’ve had before. The name is definitely spot-on, because even unsweetened it tastes like melted candy in a cup…super rich and creamy with wonderful butterscotch flavor. I don’t really notice the hazelnut, but there is just a hint of mocha adding some depth. I may have to give the new version of this one a try when I place my next Butiki order!

Flavors: Butterscotch, Candy, Mocha

hippiechick 42

Sounds yummy!

So behind in writing about these older newer Butiki teas. I got this right when it came out and have been semi-hoarding it. Melted Werther’s in a cup, peeps. I get a smidgen of mocha but no hazelnut. And the base is oh soooo smooth. This will be my only way of trying the infamous White Rhino. So stupid for not grabbing any when I placed my most recent order. Always forgetting stuff!

This makes such a comforting cup now that it’s getting colder outside.

My order went missing….so my white rhino doesn’t get to come to me :(

Fjellrev

Is that the final outcome? CP aren’t trying to hunt it down?

A sample with my order! I ADORE the White Rhino… it must be my favorite white tea. Honestly, it’s such an amazing tea that it certainly doesn’t need additional flavors. It’s odd this one is recommended to use boiling water as it is a while tea. It’s the one that looks like a longer Yunnan with gold and black leaves. I’m not sure if I’d describe the flavors as butterscotch, hazelnut or mocha but there is definitely a candy like flavor of some kind. Pairs very well with the Rhino. The Rhino is like honey though – the smoothest a white tea can get while still having a little bit more substance than a delicate white tea. The White Rhino itself is a rarity. Searching for other Kenyan white teas, the only types I can find are the sickle shaped leaf. I wonder why no one else has found this one?
Steep #1 // 2 tsps. // 6 min after boiling // 3 min
Steep #2 // just boiled // 3-4 min

The first sip of this tea is thick on the tongue. It brings to mind pouring honey from a jar. The main flavor I get is of butterscotch candies, particularly the hard ones that stick to your teeth when you try to chew them. The rest of the sip is where flavors become a little muddled for me. I’m picking up on the white tea, some very light floral notes and something similar to toffee. I can’t seem to taste any of the hazelnut or mocha flavors. The finish is brisk and quite astringent.

I like the butterscotch flavor, but there’s something a little too artificial about it for me. I’m not wild about the base either, but I think it’s because I’m generally not a white tea person.

I’ve enjoyed this one a few times, but never got around to writing a note. To be honest, this tea didn’t smell or taste like I was expecting, but it’s really grown on me. Don’t expect it to taste like the usual white tea. It brews up darker, almost like a light black or oolong, and yet, it is lighter in texture and flavor. I think all the flavor notes in the name are there, but overall, it’s probably more butterscotch-y than anything else. I really like it in the afternoon. I haven’t brewed it in a glass steeper, but I have a feeling it would be very pretty served that way.

Got this as a sample &…whoa. It’ll be on my next order for sure. The butterscotch is strong but blends so well with everything else. I put too much creamer in, but I don’t care. This is sinful.

(139)

This totally tastes how it promises and it’s really totally good, except I’m not big on hazelnut unless they’re in that one candy, whose name escapes me. But, OMG. Yes. Butterscotch and haelnut. NAILED IT.

Dustin

Sounds really good! I love hazelnut.

Stephanie

I was shocked how much I liked this one!!

Aww…

Steepster’s telling me that I never entered this one into my cupboard when I received it which just makes me sad, ‘cause number’s going up again instead of damn. Damn.

Anyway, I made this in my timolino yesterday for work but didn’t drink it until hours after I had gotten home already. Shockingly, it was still kinda hot eleven hours after it had originally been steeped up. Damn timolino; you done did good. I was expecting ice cold, not better than luke warm temperatures!

The butterscotch flavouring in this is really quite exceptional and on point; so sweet and satisfying, perfect for curbing those feelings of “I should eat the entire box of cookies I just bought”, which I may have been experiencing yesterday. And the base is great (much love to White Rhino, forever and always). Actually did taste the mocha yesterday which I think was my biggest complaint last time having this one; it was more on the end sip, trailing behind the sweet butterscotch flavour. Pretty good! Complimented the butterscotch well.

And I finished the last few sips as I was putting in my very first Whispering Pines order! Holy hell did I rush to do that one; I’ve been cart building all weekend in anticipation. While mostly everything I got is totally new to me, I’m excited – I’ve never not enjoyed a WP blend.

Yeah, double negative. My bad.

Ost