Lime in the Coconut

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From California Tea House

“You put the lime in the coconut and drink them both up.” If you don’t know it, look it up; especially the Muppets version on MP3.

This ‘Muppet’ inspired blend turned out to be a keeper! Lime in the Coconut is a ridiculously tasty blend of superior Indian Assam and fine Chinese green teas tossed with shredded coconut, lime juice and sunflower petals. You’ll love it so much you’ll scream, “Doctor!”

About California Tea House View company

Thanks LauraR!

Finally got round to trying this. I sort of forgot that I had it, probably because I have quite a few lime/coconut green teas. The scent of the dry leaf is very strongly lime, with coconut in the background. I can’t smell the green tea at all, and the smell of the steeped tea is pretty much the same. On the taste front, this one is a winner. The lime, as I suspected, is prominent but there is a fair helping of coconut. I can’t taste the base at all, save for a hint right at the end of the sip.

I found a review for this tea on the Tea Review blog and so I thought I would give it a go. I have steeped it a few times now to see if I could get it “right”. Their website says to steep 1-2 tsp for 2-3 minutes. I found that 1tsp steeped 2minutes gave me the “best” steep. And by “best”, I mean not so bitter or overwhemlingly lime-y as to have ruined the entire cup. Also, I can smell the coconut but I can only taste the lime.
Now I have a 40z bag of tea that I REALLY don’t want.

Gotta have it on a hot day! One of our hottest teas…

The smell alone made me love this tea before I even tried it. A very, very solid green tea. Wildly delicious while natural at the same time.

California Tea House was blended another winner! It is not too lime-y , not too coconut-y. But a mild blend w/subtle sweet flavors that lets the green tea taste shine (w/o a vegetal taste)… Again, the blend does look like the photo w/ whole tea leaves and large slices of coconut…

Got this sample from Jennifer B – thanks! Like she said, the flavors are light but this tea is really good! It has just enough flavor without overpowering the tea.