White Monkey Paw

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From California Tea House

White Monkey Paw is a green tea made from the very young leaves and bud of new season growth. It originates from the Wuyi Mountains in Fujian Province, China. With the pride of an Italian chef creating extra long spaghetti noodles, the tea leaves are very carefully hand picked with an artistic process to preserve the tea leaf form and then delicately steamed and dried. These perfect, prized tea leaves in our California Tea House collection resemble a monkey’s paw, hence the name.

Similar to Silver Needle white tea, the ‘down’ on the leaves gives the leaves a silver appearance and indicates that these leaves were plucked very early in the morning and within the first two weeks of growth.

About California Tea House View company

No monkeying around here, just great tea taste. See fab photos and more tasting notes by my humans: http://is.gd/dukrF

Another one of my favorite teas. I keep exploring other greens then coming back to White Monkey Paw (Bai Mao Hou). I like to see if there’s any greens that I could possibly like more, but White Monkey Paw has a smoothness that seems to be innate and just not duplicated by other green prep methods. I’ve had the White Monkey at Adagio which was excellent as well, but I’m not sure if it’s the original source or what, but the White Monkey Paw from California Tea House is by far my favorite.

Wonderful, mellow and sweet tea.