Lemon Meringue Pie

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Ooooh, I'm so glad I rustled this out the other day. It's really quite good. It's a strong creamy lemon flavor with minimal rooibos flavor. I need to get some more Lemon Chiffon and do a side by...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “It's a Rooibos ever so slightly flavored with lemon meringue - steeped for approx 4-5 minutes...was hoping for more lemon meringue flavor...will steep for at least 7 next time.” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I had to redeem my day. It has been a rough one with two plane flights, delays, etc. Man, what a relief it was to open this bag of rooibos tea and be taken in with the smooth flavor and aroma! ...” Read full tasting note
    TLova 16 tasting notes
  • “This is delicious iced! The aroma of the dry blend is a bit off-putting but after steeping in the fridge for 24 hours both the aroma and the taste are magnificent - lemon and cream with no rooibos...” Read full tasting note
    Dignitea 301 tasting notes

From California Tea House

This is another farmer’s market favorite. We usually run out before noon! Lemon Meringue Pie is a comfort blend of fine rooibos tea, a handful of lemongrass, lemon preserves and vanilla bean bits. This tea is excellent hot or cold. Throw some mint leaves in the mix if you’re going to have it on ice.

About California Tea House View company

Ooooh, I’m so glad I rustled this out the other day. It’s really quite good. It’s a strong creamy lemon flavor with minimal rooibos flavor.

I need to get some more Lemon Chiffon and do a side by side because this is quite good as well.

Happy 500th note to me!

boychik

Congrats!

QueenOfTarts

Congrats on 500!

It’s a Rooibos ever so slightly flavored with lemon meringue – steeped for approx 4-5 minutes…was hoping for more lemon meringue flavor…will steep for at least 7 next time.

Call Me Thirsty

Lemon Meringue Pie tea are you kidding me? This sounds amazing!

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Sounds totally yum to me too.

CaliforniaTeaHouse.com

I love Lemon Meringue Pie Rooibos. I have it every night! Enjoying a cup right now. It’s a soft, smooth creamy lemon flavor.

Kitch3ntools

that sounds AMAZING!

TeaEqualsBliss

@CaliforniaTeaHouse.com = How long do you suggest infusing for? Maybe I didn’t wait long enough!? Will certainly try again!!!! :)

I had to redeem my day. It has been a rough one with two plane flights, delays, etc. Man, what a relief it was to open this bag of rooibos tea and be taken in with the smooth flavor and aroma! This is one of the creamiest teas I have ever had. I’m relaxed and ready for bed now.

TeaEqualsBliss

I’m going to have to try this again at a longer infusion time…I thought it was nice but thought it would have more Lemon Meringue taste. How long did you infuse for!? I really want to find that correct time to enjoy my cuppa to the fullest extent! I still have high hopes for this one!

All things green

I think it was around 5 or 6 minutes. Full boil and then I drank it much cooler. I’m in love! ;-)

This is delicious iced! The aroma of the dry blend is a bit off-putting but after steeping in the fridge for 24 hours both the aroma and the taste are magnificent – lemon and cream with no rooibos flavor detected. One packet of Splenda added and it’s ready to serve. My guests love it!

Iced 8 min or more

This is just the kind of tea that I needed tonight. I’ve had my share of lemon meringue pie rooibos teas and I have to say that I haven’t been noticing a huge difference between all of them. They all seem equally delicious and memorable to me. This one, however, seems to have a stronger lemon note with more of a dessert quality. I also have a weird teeth-coating sensation after drinking this tea. It feels like I’ve had a sugary soda — not terribly pleasant. Hm, well, anyway — I’m happy with this one. It’s a nice dessert tea with a heavy lemon note. I might say that this is my favorite Lemon Meringue Pie tea. I certainly wish I could detect a creamy aspect.. but for now, YUM! Thank you, MadelineAlyce!

Brews up reddish orange. Smells intensely of lemon and cream. Taste is mild but with a refreshing lemon finish.

Perfect after dinner to chill out. Very creamy…

Caffeine-Free/Decaf Traveling Tea Box

I’ve been so busy with work, that I haven’t been able to try as many teas out of this traveling box. This reminds me of the many iterations of Della Terra’s Lemon Chiffon except I found this one slightly less lemony and more creamy. Good, but I think I prefer a bit more lemon flavor.

2 tsp + sweetener

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Cheri

I am a fan of citrus flavors in tea, particularly lemon. Creamy and lemony together just sounds heavenly.

This is my favorite iced rooibos tea. It is delicious and my family loves it!

Iced

I have been spoiled by the divinity of American Tea Room’s Lemoncello, which is also a rooibos based lemon tea. However, the Lemoncello is so mild that it doesn’t do well diluted with ice. In searching for a tea to ice this summer, I discovered California Tea Room’s Lemon Meringue Pie. Though the dry tea is very astringent, smelling almost as if splashed with rubbing alcohol, the brewed liquid smells fabulous! The liquid tastes and smells unapologetically zingy, zesty, but not too acidic. It’s a strong lemon tea, yet the rooibos keeps it from being grassy. I put it over ice, and it remained strong and refreshing. With sugar added, it developed a whole new character. A delicious find! As long as I don’t inhale while the tea is dry, this is a wonderfully full, versatile cup of lemon tea.