Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kaylee
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “I've had a really weird relationship with this tea. I loved it for a while. And then I didn't care for it al all, and now I'm back to thinking it's okay. I don't necessarily care for the smell. It...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “I've been working on building my caffeine free collection. It's still puny compared to everything else, but we are getting somewhere. Anywho, I got a sample of this to try before committing. It's a...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 517 tasting notes
  • “Made a half of a pitcher of this to keep in the fridge as it's currently 102º outside. Oh and that's not counting what the humidity makes it _feel_ like! Gross... Anyway, I really like...” Read full tasting note
    WillWorkForTea 135 tasting notes
  • “I picked up some more of this during *BrewTEAlly Sweet*'s stash sale. So, so tasty. I still find that it tastes just like tiramisu. Definitely one to be kept in regular rotation. I also just...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 388 tasting notes

From California Tea House

Italian dessert in a cup. Throw in the miracle tea Rooibos and drink Tiramisu to your health with California Tea House’s decadent blend of fine Rooibos tea with toffee bits, white cocoa butter splits, sugar coated hazelnuts and cocoa.

Use 1 to 2 heaping tablespoons per cup of boiling mineral water and steep for 5 to 7 minutes.

About California Tea House View company

My first order with California Tea House. Opened up the bag and I thought I was in my favorite Italian restaurant having some Tiramasu. Brewed it up and it had a very nice flavor. Especially good after work.
I drink it with sugar and a touch of milk to make it a touch creamier.

The aroma alone is enough to give a person a cavity. I don’t have a sweet tooth, so I’m not partial to teas that are literally sweet instead of just giving an impression of decadence. This tea was sweet, very rich, very good. A touch of honey made it into the perfect dessert. Yet, since I don’t like sweets, I wouldn’t choose to drink this tea again. The smell of the dry tea was so good, though, I’d almost buy the tea so I could inhale it in lieu of eating dessert. I suspect tea drinkers with a sweet tooth would love this tea.

I have seen this tea on Steepster for a while and have been trying not to get my hopes up that it would taste like Teavana’s long discontinued Tiramisu Treviso rooibos. Then along came a traveling tea box with this stuff in it. As it steeped I could smell a familiar scent. I took out the last of my stash of the Teavana version to compare and it looks promisingly similar! There were a few differences, but that could be due to it being bottom of the tin. Tasting it… it is almost identical! No, it doesn’t really taste like traditional tiramisu, but it does taste like delicious in an evening cup. This one tastes slightly flat which could be due to kicking around in a traveling box for a while, but I * think * I finally found the same tea! I am SO excited and need to order some now! Teavana broke my heart, but California Tea House is teaching me to love again! Thank you to whoever put this tea in the tea box to share! You have no idea how happy you have made me!

Now if I could only find a cookie similar to the discontinued Stella Doro Apricot Peach cookies I used to eat as a kid, my life would be complete!

Tea #19 from Considering a new TTB
Normally I don’t start the day off with something caffeine free, but this sounded too good to pass up. You can taste the rooibos in it, but the primary flavor is coffee, which was just what I wanted this morning since I missed my weekly coffee date for the third week in a row. It manages to be sweet and creamy and I bet the addition of milk would only make the flavor more realistic. I may have to consider picking some of this up in the future, I haven’t had a chance to order from California Tea House yet.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love love love this tea! On it’s own it’s pretty good, but add a little raw sugar and some milk or cream and YUM. It’s such a great dessert tea! I also love the fact that it is caffeine free, which means I can enjoy it at night when I get those sweets cravings. No tea will ever replace cake 100% (in my opinion, anyway) but this fabulous tea is the next best thing!