Tai Ping Hou Kui

Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by SFTGFOP

2 Images

From Camellia Sinensis

It takes one hour of twisting dirt roads in the Huang Shan mountains ånd ån hour on å boat to reach the breathtaking garden of Tai Ping Hou Kui. This isolated garden takes a∂vantage of the fresh mountain air and the constant mist, ideal for this style of tea. Long, flat leaves are transformed manually in the tiny family factory of Mr.Ye. A rolling between two fine grills and wood-fired gives the bright yellow liquor notes of grilled squash, asparagus and fennel. This famous tea with its well rounded aromatic relief best såvoured in a quiet moment of contemplation.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

Hmmm. Unfortunately I just can’t seem to brew this tea in a way that I like it. I get a decent Chinese green tea taste, with a fair bit of minerals, but other than that it just feels weak with no character.

I love the shape of how pretty these leaves are, but dare I say that this is a tea that is even too delicate for me.

This is a sweet and lightly nutty tea with a unique look and lots of flavor. I brewed this one in a tall glass to accentuate the leaves. I used 2 grams of the leaves with 160-165 F water poured over them, steeping for 3 minutes. I did three infusions thus far. It could likely go for more.

Extremly delicate green tea ma de with beautiful long leaves.