Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Rinsed leaves have an aroma of cinnamon and raw chocolate; yeasty. 1st infusion, 98 deg/30 sec: light body, brown sugar, a little sour. I decided this was too short. Camellia Sinensis recommends...” Read full tasting note
    sirbrillig 108 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

A surprising black wulong from the North of Taiwan. A varied dry leaf gives an deep amber cup with a spicy and fruity nose. Full flavour is sweet with edges of cooked apple and grenadine. Notes of cinnamon bark and nutmeg add to a floral and fruity persistence.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

1 Tasting Note

Rinsed leaves have an aroma of cinnamon and raw chocolate; yeasty.
1st infusion, 98 deg/30 sec: light body, brown sugar, a little sour. I decided this was too short. Camellia Sinensis recommends 3-4 minutes, so here I started to agree with them.
2nd infusion, 98 deg/2 min: slightly more body, still sour-sweet. A little too sour for my taste.
3rd infusion, 98 deg/30 sec: round body, much sweeter and fruity. Finally quite drinkable. I’m marking this as a 2.5 minute tea as I think that might be a good starting point for future attempts.

Ben Youngbaer

we will have to drink this soon, i’m curious of this sourness