Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Rinsed leaves have an aroma of cinnamon and raw chocolate; yeasty. 1st infusion, 98 deg/30 sec: light body, brown sugar, a little sour. I decided this was too short. Camellia Sinensis recommends...” Read full tasting note
    sirbrillig 108 tasting notes
  • “I'm not one usually for hype, and I'm also not really one for oolongs, but this was a great exception! It had this sickly sweet taste, almost reminds you of caramelized bananas foster, except in a...” Read full tasting note
    sftgfop 146 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

A surprising black wulong from the North of Taiwan. A varied dry leaf gives an deep amber cup with a spicy and fruity nose. Full flavour is sweet with edges of cooked apple and grenadine. Notes of cinnamon bark and nutmeg add to a floral and fruity persistence.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

Rinsed leaves have an aroma of cinnamon and raw chocolate; yeasty.
1st infusion, 98 deg/30 sec: light body, brown sugar, a little sour. I decided this was too short. Camellia Sinensis recommends 3-4 minutes, so here I started to agree with them.
2nd infusion, 98 deg/2 min: slightly more body, still sour-sweet. A little too sour for my taste.
3rd infusion, 98 deg/30 sec: round body, much sweeter and fruity. Finally quite drinkable. I’m marking this as a 2.5 minute tea as I think that might be a good starting point for future attempts.

Ben Youngbaer

we will have to drink this soon, i’m curious of this sourness

I’m not one usually for hype, and I’m also not really one for oolongs, but this was a great exception!

It had this sickly sweet taste, almost reminds you of caramelized bananas foster, except in a dark rum (that’s been aged in a new world oak barrel). There was also a touch of lychee/other sweet tropical fruit.

I’m actually going to buy some of this tea to give to some of my Muslim friends to explain what rum tastes like.