Zhenghe Hong Gong Fu

Cocoa, Peanut, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Random Carpe Diem

• “In the bag, the tea leaves are cute little curly buds (no broken bits, just lots of little buds). The tea liquor is so delightfully smooth when you drink it. There is a bit of spice and grains...” Read full tasting note
    DMTea 318 tasting notes
  • “i told *omgsrsly* that i would try this one today since we both ended up ordering it from CS during their sale the other week. This tea has super cute little curly buds that made me smile as i...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5578 tasting notes
  • “This is another one of those chocolatey teas that tastes like dirt to me. Dirt tea. Made better with some coconut milk creamer, but it's still pretty much dirt tea. I expected it to be rather...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1690 tasting notes
  • “A mixture of cocoa and peanut flavours make this a sweet tasting woody tea. I am drinking my third steep and the flavour is still pleasant. If you like straight black tea then give this a try.” Read full tasting note
    Random Carpe Diem 157 tasting notes

From Camellia Sinensis

This is another beautiful find from the great Fujian region. The small, dark leaves with their copper-hued buds yield a luxurious liquor that carries a scent of opulent flowers, musk, and sweet spices (cinnamon, nutmeg). On the palate, the sweet flavours team up with a floral attack (roses, peonies) and a suite of aromas that suggest fruit preserves (plums, cherries, quince, and pomegranate) and grains (fresh wheat bran). Also present is a delicate taste of autumn honey and spicy fruit (pumpkin pie). With its fine, smooth texture, this is a great example of a well-balanced and fragrant Chinese black tea.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

In the bag, the tea leaves are cute little curly buds (no broken bits, just lots of little buds). The tea liquor is so delightfully smooth when you drink it. There is a bit of spice and grains flavor to it, but all of the flavors have a soft, almost fuzzy sensation to them. It doesn’t jab you with any strong or bitter flavors.

Not one of my favorites, but still a nice tea to relax with.

i told omgsrsly that i would try this one today since we both ended up ordering it from CS during their sale the other week. This tea has super cute little curly buds that made me smile as i wasn’t expecting that today.

So i don’t actually get cocoa from this one…it’s more of a slightly sweet, malty tea..with a hint of “dirt?” lol maybe there’s a little cocoa there in the background if i concentrate, but this one is vastly different from other cocoa/chocolatey teas that i’ve had. I’ll have to try this one gonfu as well to see how that changes things up.

OMGsrsly

:D I’m planning on trying this one gong fu when I wake up.

This is another one of those chocolatey teas that tastes like dirt to me. Dirt tea. Made better with some coconut milk creamer, but it’s still pretty much dirt tea. I expected it to be rather different from the description, so that sucks. And now I have 50g of it. Sigh.

Edit: Oh, there’s some spice as it cools. But still, dirt + spice. (I’m drinking it. I’m going to give this one a good try out. Gong fu style later as well.)

Ost

Oy >

OMGsrsly

All I can say is it’s better than all versions of laoshan black I’ve tried. :D (I really don’t like that tea omg.)

Ost

Really? Even the one from Verdant? Feels like everyone is obsessed with it!

DeliriumsFrogs

OMGsrsly, I never knew that you disliked LB… does that taste like dirt to you, as well? That is so interesting to me, how varied tastes are… I love how tea is so different for people. :)

omg… i picked this one up..so i’ll try and get a chance to try it and if it’s delicious to me, we can trade for things

OMGsrsly

Yeah, the one from Verdant. I ordered some ages ago because everyone was all, “WOO chocolate tea it’s so good woo!” It just tastes like dirt to me. I’d drink it if I had to be polite, but if I’m at home by myself and am not expecting that flavour… it gets spit back into the cup. Haha. I managed to stay strong today though.

OMGsrsly

I do think this one will be better rinsed and brewed with short steeps, so I will try it. If it doesn’t work, everyone whose address I have (until I run out!) will end up with samples.

OMGsrsly

Oh I didn’t see your post Sil! Sure thing.

I think it could be a great tea for the right person. :)

Flavors: Cocoa, Peanut, Wood