Yunnan Da Ye Hong

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Camellia Sinensis

The presence of golden buds indicates a fine aromatic tea. The crystal clear liquor is soft and sweet, and earthy, floral and vegetal (buckwheat) aspects are clear. Woody persistence (resinous) and rusticity (leather) develops into a smooth and milky finish.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

This reminds me of Black Needles from DAVIDsTEA, but this is a bit “spicier”, more earthy and slightly less sweet. When it comes to black tea buds you really can’t go wrong. Yunnan Da Ye Hong is another easy to enjoy tea that can be drunk multiple times a week without getting boring or sickening. Also I think it’s a shame not to resteep teas like this, the second and third steeps are very tasty.

Thank you Sil for sending a sample of this my way. :)

I’ve western steeped the whole sample three times and it held up really well to that.
This isn’t my favorite style of black tea, but it certainly is a decent cup. It’s really smooth and gentle. A little starchy, quite sweet, a bit fruity. I’m not getting any malt or chocolate.
Happy to be drinking it today, but this wouldn’t have a permanent place in my cupboard.

best part about sharing things. great to try, now i don’t have to buy hahaha

not a bad start to my day. This one is a little sweet, a little tangy…no malt here or that sweet potato taste you sometimes get. just a decent cup of tea